Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:16:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 94094 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2015, 03:20:50 PM »

Well, no, we don't know what's holding things up.  They don't update us. And it's annoying, rude & leads to all sorts of wild heresay, both in the media, and among the fans.  Who's winning there?

Certainly not them.

He's not doing his diehard backers any favors either.  Not giving them much to work with as they try and hold the rest of us off with a whip and a chair.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2015, 03:22:01 PM »

new single > january 2016
new album > march 2016
new tour   > june 2016

that's my plan.  hihi

If only your username was Dexter  Cry
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2015, 03:25:59 PM »

Well, no, we don't know what's holding things up.  They don't update us. And it's annoying, rude & leads to all sorts of wild heresay, both in the media, and among the fans.  Who's winning there?

Certainly not them.

He's not doing his diehard backers any favors either.  Not giving them much to work with as they try and hold the rest of us off with a whip and a chair.

I wouldn't want Fernando's job for all the tea in China.  He's inherited the management hat for a band that lost most of its goodwill among the fanbase long ago.  Waiting for Axl to give him the okay to give us some kind of update must be about as fun as watching the paint dry and crack.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2015, 03:27:51 PM »

you serious? I would sign with my own blood to manage Axl, lots of fun  ok

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2015, 03:28:34 PM »

I wouldn't want Fernando's job for all the tea in China.  He's inherited the management hat for a band that lost most of its goodwill among the fanbase long ago.  Waiting for Axl to give him the okay to give us some kind of update must be about as fun as watching the paint dry and crack.

But when does he ever face the music?

What you are saying would be true is there was a day of reckoning.  But that day never comes.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »

It's most certainly not going to clog up your schedule.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2015, 03:29:33 PM »

Well, you'd certainly have a ridiculous amount of vacation days.  Health benefits are probably pretty decent.  453 day weekends too!! hihi
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:33:07 PM by sofine11 » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2015, 03:30:57 PM »

But when does he ever face the music?

What you are saying would be true is there was a day of reckoning.  But that day never comes.

I have to admit, I'm starting to wonder if Fernando even remembers that he came here and told us there would be an update in a few months, as if it even matters. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2015, 03:34:50 PM »

I have to admit, I'm starting to wonder if Fernando even remembers that he came here and told us there would be an update in a few months, as if it even matters. 

Managing Axl would be tough if he gave you jack shit to work with, but still expected you out on the firing line on the regualr.

But if he's holed up his bedroom, and he's not bothered if you are in the one down the hall doing the same, I'm struggling to see where the pressure part comes into play.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2015, 03:37:28 PM »

Look... Fernando came here and MYGNR... for damage control after the DJ resignation and the story that Ron told Axl he quit a long time ago.

Just assure people there is still a plan... was he telling the truth about a forthcoming announcement? Will never know. If there is no announcement soon... plans changed !

But that's all it was... damage control... make sure people don't run with the idea that the world is ending and Axl is packing it in.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2015, 03:38:44 PM »

Managing Axl would be tough if he gave you jack shit to work with, but still expected you out on the firing line on the regualr.

But if he's holed up his bedroom, and he's not bothered if you are in the one down the hall doing the same, I'm struggling to see where the pressure part comes into play.

Love him or hate him, Irving Azoff negotiated the Best Buy deal with the label and got Chinese Democracy released.  Does Fernando even know how to do that kind of stuff?  I'm not even being a dick, I honestly want to know if he's the guy who's going to get us the next album.  If not, it would certainly explain the current situation.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »

Look... Fernando came here and MYGNR... for damage control after the DJ resignation and the story that Ron told Axl he quit a long time ago.

Just assure people there is still a plan... was he telling the truth about a forthcoming announcement? Will never know. If there is no announcement soon... plans changed !

But that's all it was... damage control... make sure people don't run with the idea that the world is ending and Axl is packing it in.

It did have that vibe, yes.

Look, here's the win-win scenario, for EVERYONE : word comes down there is some sort of reunion tour.

Who doesn't win here?

Axl - gets some love and is no longer seen as the enemy stopping this from happening

Slash - has legions of GNR fans that can stop holding a sympathy grudge against him because Axl had one

Duff - given the lion's share of the credit for mending the fence

GNR fans - a chance to see something a hell of a lot closer to their alltime favorite band than they've seen in 20 years

Promoters - $BIG DOLLAZ$

Team Brazil - can say "See?  Even though we haven't told you dick all this time, wasn't it worth it?"

Staunch backers of Team Brazil - can say "told you there was a plan"

Vocal dissenters of Team Brazil - what's the point in being frustrated with them anymore?

Everyone comes out ahead in this scenario.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2015, 03:46:09 PM »

People are dropping albums, promoting them upon release in whatever way they can, and then touring their asses off after the release.  Labels can't and won't carry all the weight of promoting music.  This isn't rocket science. If it's done, like the man said, put it out...or don't.  Obviously, for whatever reasons known only to heaven and hell, he's choosing the latter.

Well, maybe this is the problem.

He would have to recruit a new line-up to play this material.  Material they would have absolutely no connection to. 

uhm.. didnt that happen already? several times?  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2015, 03:49:29 PM »

He would have to recruit a new line-up to play this material.  Material they would have absolutely no connection to. 

uhm.. didnt that happen already? several times?  hihi

Yeah, but all sold under the premise they would one day be featured on GNR albums.  Who's still buying that line of bullshit after all this?

You are selling them on the chance to play the songs from a line-up from 25-30 years ago, as well as various offering from a cast of thousands recorded 10 years ago who are also mostly all gone.

Are you going to have to beat back volunteers with a stick for that opportunity?

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2015, 03:49:41 PM »

However it may play out, the next announcement is going to be very interesting. No pressure fellas.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: October 14, 2015, 04:04:22 PM »

Well, when the other side of the argument is nothing more than "You don't know what's holding things up..." that leaves a gap the size of the grand canyon to fill with guessing.

Sure.

But on one hand people have all kinds of time to guess and speculate about other things, but can't seem to find the time or energy to come up with any possible reasons that would go against the usual "it's all because Axl doesn't ________" lines. One can always dream...

Love him or hate him, Irving Azoff negotiated the Best Buy deal with the label and got Chinese Democracy released.  Does Fernando even know how to do that kind of stuff?  I'm not even being a dick, I honestly want to know if he's the guy who's going to get us the next album.  If not, it would certainly explain the current situation.  

You forgot that they already have released material since then.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2015, 04:06:09 PM »

"I want the album, I don't need to understand why I don't have it now. It's all Axl's fault is enough reason for me. I'm a free thinker you know!"  Grin

/jarmo

But, that's the thing, we ARE trying to understand. We just don't get it.  hihi

Sofine11 is right, if negotiations don't work to your liking, then you keep on negotiating and changing stuff until it works. And if it is that difficult and no proposition is acceptable then you go somewhere else, another label, another country. I don't think that should take 8 years, and if it takes that long, then I understand why people start thinking that you're not flexible nor realistic.  From 2000 until 2008 I can see why it was difficult, with a new band, and no material, as well as pressure and expectations. But Up until the last tour, there was an established band, and there was material, expectations are NOT there, and somehow?  still nothing was able to work.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2015, 04:11:57 PM »

Sofine11 is right, if negotiations don't work to your liking, then you keep on negotiating and changing stuff until it works. And if it is that difficult and no proposition is acceptable then you go somewhere else, another label, another country. I don't think that should take 8 years, and if it takes that long, then I understand why people start thinking that you're not flexible nor realistic.  From 2000 until 2008 I can see why it was difficult, with a new band, and no material, as well as pressure and expectations. But Up until the last tour, there was an established band, and there was material, expectations are NOT there, and somehow?  still nothing was able to work.

Perhaps there was a common denominator from both periods.  Maybe one with a decent amount of say.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2015, 04:38:42 PM »

But, that's the thing, we ARE trying to understand. We just don't get it.  hihi

For example, about the updates. Do you see that if you did something one way, and then you decide it didn't work the way you had hoped, that you might try something else next time?

Sofine11 is right, if negotiations don't work to your liking, then you keep on negotiating and changing stuff until it works. And if it is that difficult and no proposition is acceptable then you go somewhere else, another label, another country. I don't think that should take 8 years, and if it takes that long, then I understand why people start thinking that you're not flexible nor realistic.  

How do you know it has taken eight years?

There's a possibility that once they realized they weren't gonna put out the next album in say 2009, that they got a new plan and then tried again at a later point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2015, 05:06:30 PM »

But he said it's mostly done. And yet we have a princess here saying he can't make that claim.  hihi

/jarmo

I was not talking about Axl. I was talking about people who are all the time claming that the album is done and it is coming out next year.

Anyway when did Axl make it official that next year we will have an album? Whe did Axl make official what the name of the album is? Whe and where did Axl perfom Soul Monster or any other unheard song?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: