Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:27:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus 'I Have No Idea What's Going On' With Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus 'I Have No Idea What's Going On' With Guns N' Roses  (Read 17855 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2015, 11:07:58 AM »

This is exactly what I've been thinking as well and the timing makes complete sense.  I'd like to see them bring back the CD composers to perform a tour of small venues in which they only play CD era material.  Then jump into 2017 where they tour AFD and UYI with that era. 

Dude, who is going to that?

If you advertise that 100% honestly, that its going to be CD-era stuff and nothing but...who's really buying that ticket?

I get that, but I believe they'd be able to get enough support to fill small venues, like I mentioned.  If they run it through some big markets, they'll sell them out (or close enough) just by the name alone.  Its a pipe dream anyway. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2015, 11:23:22 AM »

Everybody?
I mean, it wouldn't be "the same set list as the last tour" after all.  rofl
I thought the idea was that different setlist -> bigger crowds.

Now you're saying people just wanna hear the AFD songs played... Wink

No, I'm not being 100% serious.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2015, 01:46:31 PM »

I would go, it would be interesting.

Im tired of them playing the old songs to be honest.
But Im also tired of them playing live instead of releasing CD II and III.

Which im starting to believe I dreamt about them ever existing.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2015, 01:59:43 PM »

Everybody?
I mean, it wouldn't be "the same set list as the last tour" after all.  rofl
I thought the idea was that different setlist -> bigger crowds.

Now you're saying people just wanna hear the AFD songs played... Wink

No, I'm not being 100% serious.

/jarmo

total off topic, but well, I have to ask : are you INTJ?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2015, 06:40:31 PM »

total off topic, but well, I have to ask : are you INTJ?

No, Finnish.  hihi

No, I'm not.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2015, 01:17:51 PM »

Grin

Finnish is good, too

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2015, 05:39:20 AM »

Dont understand why he said 2016 will be the big year, and now say he doesnt know anyhing. Its so fucking idiotic and lame and tiring at this point.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2015, 11:13:55 AM »

Without being too specific, in one of his interviews, when asked if he was the only guitarist left, he kind of eluded too something was going on. And him and frank said 2016 was going to be a big year. So with what we heard, they probably told him no more hints until there's an official announcement. I don't see it really as a negative.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2015, 11:40:08 AM »

Dont understand why he said 2016 will be the big year, and now say he doesnt know anyhing. Its so fucking idiotic and lame and tiring at this point.

Yeah. Not everybody understands common sense.

In this case, adding more fuel to the fire wouldn't be a smart move.

/jarmo

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2015, 02:05:26 PM »

Yeah. Not everybody understands common sense.

In this case, adding more fuel to the fire wouldn't be a smart move.

/jarmo

Yeah, but you would think they would've learned by now. They probably pity the fans though, so it shows they have heart  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2015, 05:37:25 PM »

Declining to comment isn't lame or tiring, however the rampant gossip and idiotic speculation burning out of control... 

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2015, 06:41:46 PM »

Declining to comment isn't lame or tiring, however the rampant gossip and idiotic speculation burning out of control... 

Did he decline to comment or did he instead completely contradict the previous positive comments he made? I think the frustration with this band is that for years and years the members have either spoken in vague riddles much like politicians do or when they make definitive statements they are then almost without exception do not come to pass. And worse more often than not the same band member will be forced to admit they have zero idea what's going on in their own band.

The endless cycle of:
Fans cynical
Band member makes positive comment
Sycophants berate fans for cynicism - See X said this so I told you
Nothing happens
Band member admits they know nothing, becomes cynical themselves and leaves
Fans cynical
Sycophants berate fans 'plans change'. That band member is a bad egg.
Rinse and repeat for a decade etc

This is just silliness.

I think fans would accept lack of communication or even 'declining t comment' if the band had not cried wolf so many times and actually created and released music. The fact that even the fans are cynical says much more about the failures of the band and not the fans. You have to stop being irritated by people being perceptive and piecing a pattern of behaviours together. Humans wouldn't have gotten very far if we didn't have that ability and the tendancy to base future behaviour on past behaviour.

By all means have blind faith if you must but please stop dictating others should believe without evidence. The fact that the band have no idea what's going on and the fact that GNR has released 1 album in (insert years here) mean that the burden of proof lies on those that believe a new album will be released in reasonable time period.

And so endeth the surmon.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 06:45:55 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »

Did he decline to comment or did he instead completely contradict the previous positive comments he made? I think the frustration with this band is that for years and years the members have either spoken in vague riddles much like politicians do or when they make definitive statements they are then almost without exception do not come to pass. And worse more often than not the same band member will be forced to admit they have zero idea what's going on in their own band.

The endless cycle of:
Fans cynical
Nothing happens
Fans cynical

This is just silliness.

I think fans would accept lack of communication or even 'declining t comment' if the band had not cried wolf so many times and actually created and released music. The fact that even the fans are cynical says much more about the failures of the band and not the fans. You have to stop being irritated by people being perceptive and piecing a pattern of behaviours together. Humans wouldn't have gotten very far if we didn't have that ability and the tendancy to base future behaviour on past behaviour.

By all means have blind faith if you must but please stop dictating others should believe without evidence. The fact that the band have no idea what's going on and the fact that GNR has released 1 album in (insert years here) mean that the burden of proof lies on those that believe a new album will be released in reasonable time period.

LOL @ your "surmon"[sic]

How do you know than no music has been created? (Rhetorical question)

You can whine endlessly and complain and cry nonstop, but will that make one iota of a difference, or get news any quicker? (Another Rhetorical question)

Fernando said there would be news in a few months, I believe him.

I think it is a smart move to not comment and add ammunition to the ongoing shitstorm, and those who insist on forcing their own interpretations to anything said.

I also see clearly that common sense or Intellectual prowess is not a requirement nor a prerequisite for posting on these forums.  hihi
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:14:47 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2015, 09:07:10 PM »

How do you know than no music has been created? (Rhetorical question) If a tree falls and the forest and no one is there to hear it, did it make a sound?

Fernando said there would be news in a few months, I believe him. It's been a few months...

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2015, 12:37:25 AM »

The endless cycle of:
Fans cynical
Nothing happens
Fans cynical

This is just silliness.

LOL @ your "surmon"[sic]

You can whine endlessly and complain and cry nonstop, but will that make one iota of a difference, or get news any quicker? (Another Rhetorical question)

I think it is a smart move to not comment and add ammunition to the ongoing shitstorm, and those who insist on forcing their own interpretations to anything said.

I also see clearly that common sense or Intellectual prowess is not a requirement nor a prerequisite for posting on these forums.  hihi

Sheesh. A spelling error. lol and OMG. Way to respond to the crux of my points. The sad thing is I suspected there were a few grammatical errors but couldn't be bothered checking spelling and was in a rush anyway. However I wondered if anyone would add a rational, reasonable rebuttal or pick on a grammatical error. Guess what we got? A childish comment about a spelling mistake, a lecture and then a peronal insult. No logical arguments on the points.

As far as 'common sense'. You are well and truly in the minirity if you feel that this band has not shown major signs of dysfuntion over the years. I have no enjoyment in saying that but it beggars belief that you can deny this based on the bands history. I could dot point it if you wish but you have a pre determined view ao there is no point.

Not only am I open to being wrong I WANT to be wrong. However common sense says otherwise.

Again, if we want to discuss who has commin sense and who doesn't what percentage of GNR fans across all forums do you feel are mildly cynical/dissapointed yowards GNR like myself abd what percentage has interpreted the known facts as being 'all is well' like you? If you are massively in the minority yhen I ask who is in the 'common sense' camp?

Gee what a constructive, logical and polite contributor you are. If you don't feel my virws hold any validity please do not respond.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:40:05 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2015, 12:37:47 AM »

I have no idea what's going on with guns

I can sing

I can play guitar

Damn I could almost be a band member   But I think I know too much what is going on hahha
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2015, 12:38:38 AM »

How do you know than no music has been created? (Rhetorical question) If a tree falls and the forest and no one is there to hear it, did it make a sound?

Fernando said there would be news in a few months, I believe him. It's been a few months...

Yawn-  Same tired, moth-eaten arguments. "Few" is not a certain number, here is a definition to amuse yourself with.

few
[fyoo]
adjective, fewer, fewest.
not many but more than one

Also- remember this? It isnt multicolored like your special post but it is very apt and entertaining. Cheesy

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen, you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does, you might get something that works for you ? in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus 'cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2015, 12:47:47 AM »

The endless cycle of:
Fans cynical
Nothing happens
Fans cynical

This is just silliness.

LOL @ your "surmon"[sic]

Sheesh. A spelling error. lOl and OMG. Way to respond to the crux of my points. The sad thing is I suspected there were a few grammatical errors but couldn't be bothered checking spelling and was in a rush anyway. However I wondered if anyone would add a rational, reasonable rebuttal or pick on a grammatical error. Guess what we got? A childish comment about a spelling mistake, a lecture and then a peronal insult. No logical arguments on the points.

As far as 'common sense'. You are well and truky in the minirity if you feel that this band has not shown major signs of dysfuntion over the years. I have no enjoyment in saying that but it beggars belief that you can deny this based on the bands history. I could dot poibt it if you wish but you have a pre determined view ao there is no point.

Not only am I open to being wrong I WANT to be wrong. However common sense says otherwise.

Again, if we want to discuss who has commin sense and who doesn't what percentage of GNR fans across all forums do you feel are mildly cynical/dissapointed yowards GNR like myself abd what percentage has interpreted the known facts as being 'all is well' like you? If you are massively in the minority yhen I ask who is in the 'common sense' camp?

Gee what a constructive, logical and polite contributor you are. If you don't feel my virws hold any validity please do not respond.

You clearly are incapable or unwilling to read an entire post, not surprised.

You honestly do not want me to highlight all your many errors in the above post. Cheesy

I know facts, I'm honestly not into speculation or judgmental whining and endless complaing.It is boring, negative and non-productive.
I guess I'm "well and truky in the minirity [sic]"
God forbid there be actual positive and supportive fans on a fan forum, that is such an alien concept to some.

I will reiterate this since you seem to have overlooked it-

I think it is smart to not comment and add any further fuel to the rampant speculation and countless interpretations of every single statement made and issued lately.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:53:57 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2015, 12:57:22 AM »

Did he decline to comment or did he instead completely contradict the previous positive comments he made?

Yes, he says now, he has no idea what's going on.

Richard: Yeah, yeah, to be honest with you, I have no idea what?s going on.

LOL @ your "surmon"[sic]

LOL @ your "than".

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: