Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:13:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus 'I Have No Idea What's Going On' With Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus 'I Have No Idea What's Going On' With Guns N' Roses  (Read 17910 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2015, 05:18:27 PM »

Was Santa Claus really necessary. Roll Eyes

Given the laundry list of stuff we are given to swallow, I assumed we all believe in Santa Claus.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2015, 05:25:59 PM »

Or management or Axl or Del or their publicist.

Was Santa Claus really necessary. Roll Eyes

It's the season. Well almost. Or it is depending on what store you walk into.  no

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2015, 08:22:58 PM »

um . . . maybe it was just a figure of speech.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2015, 09:33:54 PM »

I?m hoping that it does and I can be a part of it.

He is basically saying he hopes he is still in the band?
 wtf?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2015, 09:44:50 PM »

Honestly, I don't think Richard knows more than anybody else from the modern lineup....I gotta think Tommy is more accurate with his "we left it all in Vegas". Open book going forward. Why is that so hard to grasp for people? It is Axl's band and he is leaving all options open. At this point, it is the right move.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2015, 10:41:37 PM »

But other than that, everything we've seen from Axl over the years live is 100% him. 

In Japan 02 it is something weird going on. After lald he says 'if it's an equalizer, compressor or a filter on this this thing turn it off'.

How many people just dismissed the song because they didn't like the vocal intro on the CD?

I skip to the solo here.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:10:30 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2015, 09:50:38 AM »

Honestly, I don't think Richard knows more than anybody else from the modern lineup....I gotta think Tommy is more accurate with his "we left it all in Vegas". Open book going forward. Why is that so hard to grasp for people? It is Axl's band and he is leaving all options open. At this point, it is the right move.

I can only speak for myself here.  But I'm not sure you are making a 100% genuine argument.  Not just you, to be fair, but anyone that goes down this road.

You say its an open book.  Could go either way.  But is that how people handle it?

What I mean is, how can people claim we don't really know...then jump down the throat of anyone that says it looks like a guy is gone?  Isn't that part of the "could go either way" principle?

When a guy starts talking about having to step away, about leaving it all in Vegas, and generally talking about the band in the past tense...that doesn't paint a rosy picture he's still in the mix, does it?  But try suggesting that, and you get grief.

But I thought it could go either way.  Right?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2015, 09:59:19 AM »

What I truly find amusing is...the people who push back against certain scenarios...are the same people who are never ever going to say a disparaging word about the operation no matter which way it goes...

So stop pushing back against people hopeful for it to go a certain way...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2015, 10:17:43 AM »

I think there are very, very few things in life that are truly 50/50.  A true equal chance of outcome on both sides.

Both the odds themselves, as well as human nature, are going to have you leaning one way.

No?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2015, 10:29:50 AM »

I am not pushing anybody in any direction.  Huh

My ideal scenario is release the rest of Chinese in 2016 and call it a day for the modern lineup. Boxset that stuff and turn the page. In 2017, reunion for AFD's 30 year anniversary.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2015, 10:30:52 AM »

My ideal scenario is release the rest of Chinese in 2016 and call it a day for the modern lineup. Boxset that stuff and turn the page. In 2017, reunion for AFD's 30 year anniversary.

DING DING DING ... that's the winner right there.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »

Hahahaha

Shit, let's put you in charge.  That all sounds great

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2015, 11:29:55 AM »

Hahahaha

Shit, let's put you in charge.  That all sounds great

I would've been against that if the modern lineup was still alive (the last one).
But Now I agree. Boxset that stuff and reunion all the way.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2015, 12:32:45 PM »

I think from gleaning the forums that most fans are like a Queen song- They want it all, and they want it now  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2015, 05:52:24 AM »

yep....pipe dream, but it makes big time financial sense. Axl gets to show his full vision for Chinese and let's be honest, he won't do a reunion until that has run it's course in his mind. The boxset sells huge to his hardcores (of which there is still a substantial amount across the globe) and the reunion is a complete cash grab windfall whenever he wants it. Win-Win....Let's start with a single disc of Chinese take out and then re-evaluate! peace
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:23:13 AM by sky dog » Logged

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2015, 08:42:20 AM »

yep....pipe dream, but it makes big time financial sense. Axl gets to show his full vision for Chinese and let's be honest, he won't do a reunion until that has run it's course in his mind. The boxset sells huge to his hardcores (of which there is still a substantial amount across the globe) and the reunion is a complete cash grab windfall whenever he wants it. Win-Win....Let's start with a single disc of Chinese take out and then re-evaluate! peace

This is exactly what I've been thinking as well and the timing makes complete sense.  I'd like to see them bring back the CD composers to perform a tour of small venues in which they only play CD era material.  Then jump into 2017 where they tour AFD and UYI with that era. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2015, 08:55:42 AM »

I'd be all over that

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2015, 09:34:31 AM »

This is exactly what I've been thinking as well and the timing makes complete sense.  I'd like to see them bring back the CD composers to perform a tour of small venues in which they only play CD era material.  Then jump into 2017 where they tour AFD and UYI with that era. 

Dude, who is going to that?

If you advertise that 100% honestly, that its going to be CD-era stuff and nothing but...who's really buying that ticket?

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »

If you advertise that 100% honestly, that its going to be CD-era stuff and nothing but...who's really buying that ticket?

Wouldn't be the first artist to troll fans by not playing any hits.  Off the top of my head, Dylan and Bowie used to do that, Morrissey does it, Elvis Costello... these guys aren't selling out stadiums now, but it's not just 10 guys in attendance either. 

For the record, I would rather they don't do CD-only, they never would, but I'd still go.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2015, 10:38:22 AM »

Wouldn't be the first artist to troll fans by not playing any hits.  Off the top of my head, Dylan and Bowie used to do that, Morrissey does it, Elvis Costello... these guys aren't selling out stadiums now, but it's not just 10 guys in attendance either. 

For the record, I would rather they don't do CD-only, they never would, but I'd still go.

If you had the REAL (haha) Chinese Democracy lineup together... that would be fucking awesome... everybody here would go... but yeah it would be strange... and probably not all that marketable.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: