Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:06:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus 'I Have No Idea What's Going On' With Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus 'I Have No Idea What's Going On' With Guns N' Roses  (Read 17897 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 04:00:17 PM »

In 2006 Mick Wall said that Axl sounded literally better than ever live, to the point where he was wondering whether Axl was using some kind of auto-tune during live shows.  A douchey thing to say, sure, but it shows just how incredible Axl sounded during that tour.

I posted WTTJ from 2006 Rock Am Ring on my FB page a few months back.

The feedback was nuts.  While they all conceded they had no clue who the hell was on stage with him, they all thought he sounded incredible.

That scream...I hate to agree with Mick, but you do almost wonder if it was fake.  But they keep that camera on him tight the whole time, and that's all him.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 04:05:03 PM »

In 2006 Mick Wall said that Axl sounded literally better than ever live, to the point where he was wondering whether Axl was using some kind of auto-tune during live shows.  A douchey thing to say, sure, but it shows just how incredible Axl sounded during that tour.

I posted WTTJ from 2006 Rock Am Ring on my FB page a few months back.

The feedback was nuts.  While they all conceded they had no clue who the hell was on stage with him, they all thought he sounded incredible.

That scream...I hate to agree with Mick, but you do almost wonder if it was fake.  But they keep that camera on him tight the whole time, and that's all him.

For whatever reason, they used backing tracks when he did Scraped & Catcher live in 2009-10. It sounded incredibly out of place and wonky.  But other than that, everything we've seen from Axl over the years live is 100% him.  Whether it's been for better or worse, there's too much improv in what he does for it not to be him.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 04:07:06 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 04:09:55 PM »

For whatever reason, they used backing tracks when he did Scraped & Catcher live in 2009-10. It sounded incredibly out of place and wonky.  But other than that, everything we've seen from Axl over the years live is 100% him.  Whether it's been for better or worse, there's too much improv in what he does for it not to be him.

I love the live version of 'Scraped'.  Like that drum intro.

But it is sort of weird with those screams in the beginning.  They play the backing tracks...yet he still does different screams live.  It does sound a bit off.

Still dig it though.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 04:12:05 PM »

I love the live version of 'Scraped'.  Like that drum intro.

But it is sort of weird with those screams in the beginning.  They play the backing tracks...yet he still does different screams live.  It does sound a bit off.

Still dig it though.

Oh, the drum intro is badass.  Which is why it's so disarming when out of nowhere the CD starts playing along with Axl's live vocals.  It kind of neuters the whole thing for me.  Ron & Dizzy could've handled those backing vocals just fine, not sure why they had to blast the CD instead.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 04:13:41 PM »

Well, that's just tremendous.

OK, well...given everything we've heard, is it perhaps time to say they really are NOT starting to look very seriously at what they are doing in regard to releasing a new album?

Are we still going to pretend that's a thing?  Nothing anyone ever seems to say supports that there is any sort of effort being put into that.

The reunion stuff, hey, who the hell knows.  But I think it likely time to stop thinking there is all this hustle and bustle going on behind the scenes to get a new album out.

Day in and day out. The same old.

Ok. Let's play a game: Let's go with your opinion: There's no album, there's no band, there's no tour.
Can you please go play somewhere else now and come back when one of those things change to your liking?
Thanks a bunch!  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2015, 04:15:01 PM »

Well, that's just tremendous.

OK, well...given everything we've heard, is it perhaps time to say they really are NOT starting to look very seriously at what they are doing in regard to releasing a new album?

Are we still going to pretend that's a thing?  Nothing anyone ever seems to say supports that there is any sort of effort being put into that.

The reunion stuff, hey, who the hell knows.  But I think it likely time to stop thinking there is all this hustle and bustle going on behind the scenes to get a new album out.

Day in and day out. The same old.

Ok. Let's play a game: Let's go with your opinion: There's no album, there's no band, there's no tour.
Can you please go play somewhere else now and come back when one of those things change to your liking?
Thanks a bunch!  ok

/jarmo

That's like telling a disenchanted soccer fan to *not* talk about their favorite team until they start winning.  Good luck!
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 04:15:59 PM »

Didn't a little while ago he said big plans for next year?  Now he doesn't know anything??...  ya riiiight

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2015, 04:17:14 PM »

Oh, the drum intro is badass.  Which is why it's so disarming when out of nowhere the CD starts playing along with Axl's live vocals.  It kind of neuters the whole thing for me.  Ron & Dizzy could've handled those backing vocals just fine, not sure why they had to blast the CD instead.

However, it does add an almost call and response sort of effect.  The backing track from the CD plays, and then he answers with a live one.

I think that drum intro is awesome.  And might have been better served on the album.  How many people just dismissed the song because they didn't like the vocal intro on the CD?  I found that silly.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2015, 04:18:16 PM »

Didn't a little while ago he said big plans for next year?  Now he doesn't know anything??...  ya riiiight

Honestly, Richard's been saying shit like that for years.  Now he's dialing back for whatever reason.  Next interview he'll likely be back to talking about Axl's 16 finished albums just waiting to be released next year...Maybe.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2015, 04:19:18 PM »

That's like telling a disenchanted soccer fan to *not* talk about their favorite team until they start winning.  Good luck!

It's called football.  Tongue
Even those fans usually have something constructive to say...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2015, 04:20:17 PM »

It's called football.  Tongue
Even those fans usually have something constructive to say...

/jarmo

Haha.  Sorry, I'm a yank.  Wink
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2015, 04:22:18 PM »

However, it does add an almost call and response sort of effect.  The backing track from the CD plays, and then he answers with a live one.

I think that drum intro is awesome.  And might have been better served on the album.  How many people just dismissed the song because they didn't like the vocal intro on the CD?  I found that silly.

Didn't Eric Cadieux (spelling?) do a remix that included the drum intro? I could've sworn that was floating around somewhere.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »

Now he's dialing back for whatever reason.  

Yeah, it seems like the some of the band members don't know what's going on, and are not sure of their status in the band. Undecided

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2015, 04:42:55 PM »

Yeah, it seems like the some of the band members don't know what's going on, and are not sure of their status in the band. Undecided

Can you blame him for not saying anything?

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2015, 04:48:43 PM »

Can you blame him for not saying anything?

/jarmo

He says he's not opposed to talking about Guns N' Roses.  But he has no idea what is going on.

What's odd is that he doesn't seem sure of his status in the band, same as Tommy.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2015, 04:59:30 PM »

He also says he doesn't wanna get in trouble.

Which implies, saying too much too early.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »

Makes you wonder, in trouble with who.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:03:49 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2015, 05:03:05 PM »

Which implies, saying too much too early.

Which would be the positive spin.  That there is something cool coming, and he doesn't want to spoil it.  Yeah, that would be awesome.

Which might fly...if we did not have years upon years of that very thing never, never, ever, ever, playing out.

You could make just as good an argument he is being as truthful as humanly possible.  He's not saying shit about shit because he doesn't know shit about shit.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »

Make you wonder, in trouble with who.

The people who make the plans and announce them when they're ready to be announced?

Or Santa Claus?

You could make just as good an argument he is being as truthful as humanly possible.  He's not saying shit about shit because he doesn't know shit about shit.

Or he can read.
So he knows that if he says "Oh yeah, GN'R will tour in 2016", it'll lead to this: "Richard Fortus confirms GN'R reunion tour for 2016" because of all the reunion speculation taking place at the moment.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2015, 05:14:04 PM »

Makes you wonder, in trouble with who.

The people who make the plans and announce them when they're ready to be announced?

Or Santa Claus?

/jarmo

Or management or Axl or Del or their publicist.

Was Santa Claus really necessary. Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: