Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:57:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus 'I Have No Idea What's Going On' With Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus 'I Have No Idea What's Going On' With Guns N' Roses  (Read 16249 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2015, 01:04:58 AM »

Did he decline to comment or did he instead completely contradict the previous positive comments he made?

Yes, he says now, he has no idea what's going on.

Richard: Yeah, yeah, to be honest with you, I have no idea what?s going on.

LOL @ your "surmon"[sic]

How do you know than no music has been created? (Rhetorical question)

LOL @ your "than".

LOL @most of your posts
"than" was clearly a typo-I'm not frequently illiterate nor do I frequently misspell words.

Can you honestly not see how anything said could be twisted and used as ammo in the current climate and atmosphere?

I think holding back commentary was a good call.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:07:34 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2015, 01:27:09 AM »

Dont understand why he said 2016 will be the big year, and now say he doesnt know anyhing. Its so fucking idiotic and lame and tiring at this point.

Declining to comment isn't lame or tiring, however the rampant gossip and idiotic speculation burning out of control... 

Did he decline to comment or did he instead completely contradict the previous positive comments he made? I think the frustration with this band is that for years and years the members have either spoken in vague riddles much like politicians do or when they make definitive statements they are then almost without exception do not come to pass. And worse more often than not the same band member will be forced to admit they have zero idea what's going on in their own band.

The endless cycle of:
Fans cynical
Band member makes positive comment
Sycophants berate fans for cynicism - See X said this so I told you
Nothing happens
Band member admits they know nothing, becomes cynical themselves and leaves
Fans cynical
Sycophants berate fans 'plans change'. That band member is a bad egg.
Rinse and repeat for a decade etc

This is just silliness.

I think fans would accept lack of communication or even 'declining t comment' if the band had not cried wolf so many times and actually created and released music. The fact that even the fans are cynical says much more about the failures of the band and not the fans. You have to stop being irritated by people being perceptive and piecing a pattern of behaviours together. Humans wouldn't have gotten very far if we didn't have that ability and the tendancy to base future behaviour on past behaviour.

By all means have blind faith if you must but please stop dictating others should believe without evidence. The fact that the band have no idea what's going on and the fact that GNR has released 1 album in (insert years here) mean that the burden of proof lies on those that believe a new album will be released in reasonable time period.

And so endeth the surmon.

LOL @ your "surmon"[sic]

You can whine endlessly and complain and cry nonstop, but will that make one iota of a difference, or get news any quicker? (Another Rhetorical question)

Fernando said there would be news in a few months, I believe him.

I think it is a smart move to not comment and add ammunition to the ongoing shitstorm, and those who insist on forcing their own interpretations to anything said.

I also see clearly that common sense or Intellectual prowess is not a requirement nor a prerequisite for posting on these forums.  hihi

Sheesh. A spelling error. lOl and OMG. Way to respond to the crux of my points. The sad thing is I suspected there were a few grammatical errors but couldn't be bothered checking spelling and was in a rush anyway. However I wondered if anyone would add a rational, reasonable rebuttal or pick on a grammatical error. Guess what we got? A childish comment about a spelling mistake, a lecture and then a peronal insult. No logical arguments on the points.

As far as 'common sense'. You are well and truky in the minirity if you feel that this band has not shown major signs of dysfuntion over the years. I have no enjoyment in saying that but it beggars belief that you can deny this based on the bands history. I could dot poibt it if you wish but you have a pre determined view ao there is no point.

Not only am I open to being wrong I WANT to be wrong. However common sense says otherwise.

Again, if we want to discuss who has commin sense and who doesn't what percentage of GNR fans across all forums do you feel are mildly cynical/dissapointed yowards GNR like myself abd what percentage has interpreted the known facts as being 'all is well' like you? If you are massively in the minority yhen I ask who is in the 'common sense' camp?

Gee what a constructive, logical and polite contributor you are. If you don't feel my virws hold any validity please do not respond.

You clearly are incapable or unwilling to read an entire post, not surprised.

You honestly do not want me to highlight all your many errors in the above post. Cheesy

I know facts, I'm honestly not into speculation or judgmental whining and endless complaing.It is boring, negative and non-productive.
I guess I'm "well and truky in the minirity [sic]"
God forbid there be actual positive and supportive fans on a fan forum, that is such an alien concept to some.

I will reiterate this since you seem to have overlooked it-

I think it is smart to not comment and add any further fuel to the rampant speculation and countless interpretations of every single statement made and issued lately.

Emily.

"I have no idea what's going on" IS a comment. It is NOT....repeat NOT choosing not to comment. It IS a comment. Either he 'has no idea' or he is lying. It is not a statement of 'Look at this point I'd prefer not to make any comment until plans are finalised'.

For someone of your intellectual capacity I would have thought you be able to appreciate the difference.

As far as typo's etc. I have mostly been posting from an iPhone so please get over it. You would be a whole lot more agreeable if you would every now and again adopt the attitude that you can see others viewpoint and how they come to it but politely disagree because XYZ. Consider it.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:30:10 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2015, 01:28:51 AM »

"than" was clearly a typo-I'm not frequently illiterate nor do I frequently misspell words.

Then why give him shit for the same thing.  Lame.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2015, 01:29:11 AM »

It's ok me words no good.

I don't even follow her posts because they contain too many syllables for me anyway.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2015, 01:31:21 AM »

Dont understand why he said 2016 will be the big year, and now say he doesnt know anyhing. Its so fucking idiotic and lame and tiring at this point.

Declining to comment isn't lame or tiring, however the rampant gossip and idiotic speculation burning out of control... 

Did he decline to comment or did he instead completely contradict the previous positive comments he made? I think the frustration with this band is that for years and years the members have either spoken in vague riddles much like politicians do or when they make definitive statements they are then almost without exception do not come to pass. And worse more often than not the same band member will be forced to admit they have zero idea what's going on in their own band.

The endless cycle of:
Fans cynical
Nothing happens
Fans cynical

This is just silliness.

I think fans would accept lack of communication or even 'declining t comment' if the band had not cried wolf so many times and actually created and released music. The fact that even the fans are cynical says much more about the failures of the band and not the fans. You have to stop being irritated by people being perceptive and piecing a pattern of behaviours together. Humans wouldn't have gotten very far if we didn't have that ability and the tendancy to base future behaviour on past behaviour.

By all means have blind faith if you must but please stop dictating others should believe without evidence. The fact that the band have no idea what's going on and the fact that GNR has released 1 album in (insert years here) mean that the burden of proof lies on those that believe a new album will be released in reasonable time period.

LOL @ your "surmon"[sic]

You can whine endlessly and complain and cry nonstop, but will that make one iota of a difference, or get news any quicker? (Another Rhetorical question)

I think it is a smart move to not comment and add ammunition to the ongoing shitstorm, and those who insist on forcing their own interpretations to anything said.

I also see clearly that common sense or Intellectual prowess is not a requirement nor a prerequisite for posting on these forums.  hihi

Sheesh. A spelling error. lOl and OMG. Way to respond to the crux of my points. The sad thing is I suspected there were a few grammatical errors but couldn't be bothered checking spelling and was in a rush anyway. However I wondered if anyone would add a rational, reasonable rebuttal or pick on a grammatical error. Guess what we got? A childish comment about a spelling mistake, a lecture and then a peronal insult. No logical arguments on the points.

As far as 'common sense'. You are well and truky in the minirity if you feel that this band has not shown major signs of dysfuntion over the years. I have no enjoyment in saying that but it beggars belief that you can deny this based on the bands history. I could dot poibt it if you wish but you have a pre determined view ao there is no point.

Not only am I open to being wrong I WANT to be wrong. However common sense says otherwise.

Again, if we want to discuss who has commin sense and who doesn't what percentage of GNR fans across all forums do you feel are mildly cynical/dissapointed yowards GNR like myself abd what percentage has interpreted the known facts as being 'all is well' like you? If you are massively in the minority yhen I ask who is in the 'common sense' camp?

Gee what a constructive, logical and polite contributor you are. If you don't feel my virws hold any validity please do not respond.

You honestly do not want me to highlight all your many errors in the above post. Cheesy

I know facts, I'm honestly not into speculation or judgmental whining and endless complaing.It is boring, negative and non-productive.
God forbid there be actual positive and supportive fans on a fan forum, that is such an alien concept to some.

I think it is smart to not comment and add any further fuel to the rampant speculation and countless interpretations of every single statement made and issued lately.

Emily.

"I have no idea what's going on" IS a comment. It is NOT....repeat NOT choosing not to comment. It IS a comment. Either he 'has no idea' or he is lying. It is a not a statement of 'Look at this point I'd prefer not to make any comment until plans are finalised'.

For someone of your intellectual capacity I would have thought you be able to appreciate the difference.

As far as typo's etc. I have mostly been posting from an iPhone so please get over it. You would be a whole lot more agreeable if you would every now and again adopt the attitude that you can see others viewpoint and how they come to it but politely disagree because XYZ. Consider it.

No, I look at it as not giving any further info into an already charged situation.

I do not think he is "lying" or "has no idea".

See how interpretation works? Cheesy

I will never compromise my stance of being 100% pro GNR and finding  whining, complaing and crying about situations unproductive, negative and tiring.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2015, 01:33:03 AM »

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.
Euripides

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2015, 01:36:43 AM »

rofl rofl

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2015, 01:41:09 AM »

The endless cycle of:
Fans cynical
Nothing happens
Fans cynical

This is just silliness.

LOL @ your "surmon"[sic]

Emily.

"I have no idea what's going on" IS a comment. It is NOT....repeat NOT choosing not to comment. It IS a comment. Either he 'has no idea' or he is lying. It is a not a statement of 'Look at this point I'd prefer not to make any comment until plans are finalised'.

No, I look at it as not giving any further info into an already charged situation.

I will never compromise my stance of being 100% pro GNR and finding  whining, complaing and crying about situations unproductive, negative and tiring.

Ok so you choose to believe that he doesn't mean what he says but then say that isn't lying. He says "I have no idea" but through the powers of ideological spin interpret that as "I don't think he has no idea".

My god it must take a lot of discipline to maintain your line.

As you have completely declined any invitation to meet in the middle and give a little ground to gain a little and thereby engage in a discussion where logic and 'common sense' wins a debate then I give up. A debate or discussion where both sides are so entrenched that neither can or will ever acknowledge the others view is just a waste of time.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2015, 01:41:34 AM »

rofl rofl

Gee, I don't feel like posting any cute little emoticons, how about another quote as a response?

And my observation stands.  Kiss

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
Harlan Ellison

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2015, 01:45:41 AM »

The endless cycle of:
Fans cynical
Nothing happens
Fans cynical

This is just silliness.

LOL @ your "surmon"[sic]

Emily.

Ok so you choose to believe that he doesn't mean what he says but then say that isn't lying. He says "I have no idea" but through the powers of ideological spin interpret that as "I don't think he has no idea".

As you have completely declined any invitation to meet in the middle and give a little ground to gain a little and thereby engage in a discussion where logic and 'common sense' wins a debate then I give up. A debate or discussion where both sides are so entrenched that neither can or will ever acknowledge the others view is just a waste of time.

I think he avoided the topic intentionally.

I have absolutely zero intention of compromising my pro-GNR stance, I have been a GNR fan for 20 some years and I have always been a positive, supportive fan.

I don't see how whining, complaining and endless criticism is helpful at any level.

I'm sure some of the trolls will be more than happy to have a whine fest with you.

"Shut the fuck up."
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2015, 02:01:35 AM »

The endless cycle of:
Fans cynical
Nothing happens
Fans cynical

This is just silliness.

LOL @ your "surmon"[sic]

Emily.

I have absolutely zero intention of compromising my pro-GNR stance, I have been a GNR fan for 20 some years and I have always been a positive, supportive fan.

I don't see how whining, complaining and endless criticism is helpful at any level.

I'm sure some of the trolls will be more than happy to have a whine fest with you.

Ok so you have a go at me about common sense. Yet you openly admit that your stance is more important than free thinking, logic, common sense and open discussion.

I admit I am whining a bit. Big whoops. it's an internet forum to discuss things.
You are sycophant who under no circumstance will admit to anything that doesn't meet your pre-conceived outcome.

Personally I think that's intellectually dishonest. I love and support my family and friends. however if I IMO feel they are going off track or say something I disagree with I can and should offer an honest opinion rather than just go well I support them so I will no longer entertain an independent thought. To say anyone should do this to support a musical act is insanity. Yes I agree that at times the cynicism on here can go too far. I admit to falling into that trap myself at times but I think you will find if you can moderate your evangelism a tad and meet in the middle the counter arguments will be returned in a more agreeable manner.

Anyway our discussion has hit an end.

And so truly ends the Surmoun.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2015, 02:11:47 AM »

The endless cycle of:
Fans cynical
Nothing happens
Fans cynical

This is just silliness.

LOL @ your "surmon"[sic]

Emily.

Ok so you have a go at me about common sense. Yet you openly admit that your stance is more important than free thinking, logic, common sense and open discussion.

I admit I am whining a bit. Big whoops. it's an internet forum to discuss things.
You are sycophant who under no circumstance will admit to anything that doesn't meet your pre-conceived outcome.

Personally I think that's intellectually dishonest. I love and support my family and friends. however if I IMO feel they are going off track or say something I disagree with I can and should offer an honest opinion rather than just go well I support them so I will no longer entertain an independent thought. To say anyone should do this to support a musical act is insanity. Yes I agree that at times the cynicism on here can go too far. I admit to falling into that trap myself at times but I think you will find if you can moderate your evangelism a tad and meet in the middle the counter arguments will be returned in a more agreeable manner.

Anyway our discussion has hit an end.

And so truly ends the Surmoun.

I am definitely thinking very clearly, I honestly think Richard said that as to not contribute anything further to the current shitstorm of speculation.

I don't see where constant whining and negativity accomplishes anything at all, and it is very tiresome to read the same whining day in and day out.

This is my honest opinion, it is how I really feel- however you need to spin it to make yourself feel better or attempt to justify your negativity.

It is never "intellectually dishonest" to state your honest feelings, but nice attempt there to paint colors not intended.

A supporter is not the same thing as a sycophant, nice attempted spin there.

I have zero intention of compromising and agreeing with trolls, whiners and haters. If I agreed with them we'd both be wrong Cheesy Guess it is some far-fetched notion to have a positive, supportive fan on a fan forum.  Shocked

What a concept.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:17:28 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2015, 06:28:03 AM »

Another person who equals the so called free thinking with whining.
It doesn't have to be the same fucking thing.

If you were able to truly think freely, you'd be able to see more of the hypothetical picture instead of just whining day in and day out, week after week.
The notion that this equals free thinking is absurd: What don't I like about GN'R today?  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2015, 06:34:33 AM »

How about reality? No tour dates scheduled and no album release date set. In the end, that is the current state of Guns N' Roses. Live with it.  Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2015, 06:59:15 AM »

Another person who equals the so called free thinking with whining.
It doesn't have to be the same fucking thing.

If you were able to truly think freely, you'd be able to see more of the hypothetical picture instead of just whining day in and day out, week after week.
The notion that this equals free thinking is absurd: What don't I like about GN'R today?  rofl

/jarmo

Not at all. To me free thinking is judging each issue according to it's merit and responding without agenda or a pre concieved outcome. Simple. Credit where cresit is due, constructive criticism where it appears due and outright disagreement where it is due.

Free thinking is the ability to hear anothers view, judge it according to merit and change your view or say yep good point perhaps I may be wrong. It also means the ability to offer positive and negative views. If you ahead of time determine to only have one response no matter what the evidence is you consider that free thinking? Really?

AgainI do admit I do fall into the trap of negativity here. Pointless I agree.

I have never liked people that have the my country right or wrong attitude. They are impossible to reason with. I will admit where I am wrong and regarding GNR I Want my perceptions to be incorrect. It's just that the evidence at hand over the last 20 years or so has been pretty negative.

You have too much skin in the game to be considered a credible observer Jarmo.

I have to say I think I made a real effort to admit my failings and also to be balanced. I
Mean I was arguing with someone who was trying to claim a direct quote from a band member can't be trusted and chise to interpret a completely different way. C'mon if it was a positive quote and I tried to spin it in a negative way rather than just accept it on face value you would be all over me....and rightly so.

What you cant seem to compute is that GNR fans aren't some weird breed more prone to negativity than fans of other bands. It's a reap what you sow thing.
If you do feel that GNR fans are naturally cynical types can you explain why?? Nature or nurture Jarmo? I would love to hear your theory?

That said I agree daily whining does no good but surely balanced commentary, discussion and even speculation isn't a bad thing.

How can you in all seriousness have a thread about a long term band member with the aforementioned quote and not expect some concern? Seriously???

I havent seen any nastiness or outright hate towards the band. Just slight disillusionment. That is to be expected surely??
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:14:05 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2015, 07:13:31 AM »

You labeled people who think freely and lean towards supporting GN'R as sycophants. This isn't something I want to see here. You need to understand this ASAP.

Yet, these same people often get defensive when you call them whiny or question their motives. They can dish out insults, but when you question them it's not ok.

That's funny.
Isn't that like saying somebody who works at the hospital is too involved to be credible?

Anyway, why do you come to a fan site for objectivity?
You honestly think you'll find a completely objective environment here? If that's what you're after.

People go to fan sites to communicate with others who share their love for the same band (in this case).

I don't think GN'R fans differ from other fans too much.
The history of the band might differ from other bands.
But the fans are people like most other fans.  hihi

With that said, just because you have a loud minority doesn't mean they represent the majority.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2015, 07:17:50 AM »

You labeled people who think freely and lean towards supporting GN'R as sycophants. This isn't something I want to see here. You need to understand this ASAP.

Yet, these same people often get defensive when you call them whiny or question their motives. They can dish out insults, but when you question them it's not ok.

That's funny.
Isn't that like saying somebody who works at the hospital is too involved to be credible?

Anyway, why do you come to a fan site for objectivity?
You honestly think you'll find a completely objective environment here? If that's what you're after.

People go to fan sites to communicate with others who share their love for the same band (in this case).

I don't think GN'R fans differ from other fans too much.
The history of the band might differ from other bands.
But the fans are people like most other fans.  hihi

With that said, just because you have a loud minority doesn't mean they represent the majority.

/jarmo

Lean towards support....all good. I'm all for that. We can discuss and find common ground. Good for discussion.
Will never ever offer anything other than everything is perfect and I will always agree no matter the topic or content....sycophant. If I was unclear in attaching that word to the 2nd group my apologies.

Somewhat objective is all I ask for. plausible positivity lets call it Smiley

I am pretty sure GNR faithful are a little more negative than other bands. I really think that based on what is said on various boards. I am not sure where you get this loud minority from. My perception is there is a loud angry mob on other boards with a lot more traffic to be fair. Then there is a 50/50 share between moderate nagtive posters and evangalistic people on here. I may be wrong but it certainly seems to mildly cynical to the outright haters far outweighs the others.

Though you must remember most want GNR to succeed. 90% would immediately be full of praise with a great album, great performances and seemingly better communication and less dysfunction. The others are just sad sacks Smiley
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:28:06 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2015, 07:25:34 AM »

I think what you seem to fail to realize, among with some others, is that just because somebody leans a certain way, and take that side, they're still able to "think freely".

The irony of the situation is that those who are the opposite, consider themselves the free thinkers of the GN'R online universe...

/jarmo

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2015, 07:31:26 AM »

I think what you seem to fail to realize, among with some others, is that just because somebody leans a certain way, and take that side, they're still able to "think freely".

The irony of the situation is that those who are the opposite, consider themselves the free thinkers of the GN'R online universe...

/jarmo

Sigh. I thought I made myself clear. The moderates are fine. My comment was ONLY intended for those that openly say they will will never allow a negative thought And will jump on anyone that raises a question. That is all. I defined free thinking a couple of posts back. It's very even handed and fair. Go back and re-read it.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2015, 10:27:01 AM »

It's OK to insult every poster on this board as long as you never say anything mean about Axl or the people that work for him.

Try to ignore it.

All of us here love Guns N Roses music, to some that means you can't ever be critical of the people involved and their decisions.

Richard gave contradictory answers... it was pointed out... that's all there is to it. Hopefully he recovers from all of his injuries in a timely fashion.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: