Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:00:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus 'I Have No Idea What's Going On' With Guns N' Roses
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus 'I Have No Idea What's Going On' With Guns N' Roses  (Read 16250 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: October 06, 2015, 02:17:28 PM »

INTERVIEW: RICHARD FORTUS (Dead Daisies/Guns n? Roses)

Oct 02, 2015

Despite being told not to bring up his main band, Fortus was happy to talk about them (he mentioned them first, just saying!)

100% ROCK: Yeah, there?s talk of your other band ? who I?m not allowed to mention ? releasing some [music] next year. We?ll have to see if that comes out, hey?

Richard: Yeah, yeah, to be honest with you, I have no idea what?s going on. There?s been a lot of talk about stuff. We?ve been talking. The world?s been talking. Who knows what?s going to happen. I have no idea.

100% ROCK: Time will tell!

Richard: I really have no idea what?s going to happen. I do know that Guns wants to do something next year, so I?m hoping that it does and I can be a part of it.

100% ROCK: Excellent. I appreciate your time. Maybe we can talk about your other band next year if something?s happening on that front?

Richard: Yeah, yeah, absolutely. You know, I?m not opposed to talking about [Guns n? Roses]. There?s so much speculation going on right now that I don?t want to get myself into trouble and I really don?t know anything at this point.

http://magazine.100percentrock.com/interviews/201510/139422

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 02:19:03 PM »

LAAAAAME.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:22:43 PM »

just like Tommy.... hihi

now, everyone say he is gone too....Richard didn't quit or walk away....he left it in Vegas.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 02:24:38 PM »

There?s so much speculation going on right now that I don?t want to get myself into trouble and I really don?t know anything at this point.

In other words: No comment.
He's learned his lesson. Anything he says about GN'R will be used against him.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 02:31:14 PM »

Well, that's just tremendous.

OK, well...given everything we've heard, is it perhaps time to say they really are NOT starting to look very seriously at what they are doing in regard to releasing a new album?

Are we still going to pretend that's a thing?  Nothing anyone ever seems to say supports that there is any sort of effort being put into that.

The reunion stuff, hey, who the hell knows.  But I think it likely time to stop thinking there is all this hustle and bustle going on behind the scenes to get a new album out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 02:35:38 PM »

D-Gen, for the love of God, give the album thing a rest! They don't need to be involved because the music is recorded! Done!

Hate to say it buddy, but odds are better at getting that album well before any reunion comes together. Now, that is a real pipe dream.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 02:40:06 PM »

just like Tommy.... hihi

It does sound similar to Tommy.  He hopes GN'R does something next year and that he can be part of it?

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:43:26 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 02:40:25 PM »

D-Gen, for the love of God, give the album thing a rest! They don't need to be involved because the music is recorded! Done!

Hate to say it buddy, but odds are better at getting that album well before any reunion comes together. Now, that is a real pipe dream.

I believe I told you yesterday I agreed with you on that.  The "5% versus 1%" conversation.

But just to clarify, you are still in the album is coming camp?  Axl, working all by his onesy for the past year plus, trying to get that sucker over the finish line?

That's where you're at?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 02:43:12 PM »

I believe I told you yesterday I agreed with you on that.  The "5% versus 1%" conversation.

But just to clarify, you are still in the album is coming camp?  Axl, working all by his onesy for the past year plus, trying to get that sucker over the finish line?

That's where you're at?

I'm in the "Possibly have Chris Pitman swing by to add a fart noise to The General every six months camp".  Progress, right?  hihi
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 02:44:24 PM »

D, yes, that is where I am at and I believe he is working with Caram Costanzo. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 02:45:19 PM »

Hahahahahahaha

Sounds like some Double Talk:

Richard: Yeah, yeah, to be honest with you, I have no idea what?s going on.

Richard: I really have no idea what?s going to happen. I do know that Guns wants to do something next year, so I?m hoping that it does and I can be a part of it.

OK, folks. Time to dissect every single word, thought and sentence, and get this thread up to 10 pages of debate about whether there's a new album, whether Richard is in the band, and whether he actually has Axl's cell phone number, by noon tomorrow.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 02:46:46 PM »

Know what kills me?

The constant insistence that the album can be completed without anyone's involvement or input.  That Axl has it all, Axl makes the final call, and Axl will be the one that finishes it up.

Is it me...or is that WORSE?  Wouldn't it be better if you were actually arguing that other band member's input was still needed, and it was trying to get everyone on a workable schedule that's the hold up?

Is it a stirring defense, or a stinging indictment to say its all done and its just finishing touches time?  For a year.  A year plus, actually.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 02:47:24 PM »

D, yes, that is where I am at and I believe he is working with Caram Costanzo. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Hey, at least you're honest.  Can't find any qualms with a guy that takes a stand, pro or con.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 02:51:09 PM »

Oh man, how I wish we had even a shred of evidence to go by that would convince me of this. Don't get me wrong, no one wants to hear the next album more than me, but the collective ::shrug:: we've gotten from Axl and management in the last year and a half does nothing to bolster my beliefs that this album is coming...soon.   Undecided
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 03:21:27 PM »

Or is it plausable that Axl is taking the year off, the album is basically ready therefore he needs no support, so he's been sitting on it waiting until 2016 to release it with a tour? 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 03:26:25 PM »

Or is it plausable that Axl is taking the year off, the album is basically ready therefore he needs no support, so he's been sitting on it waiting until 2016 to release it with a tour? 

At this point, I guess one explanation as to why there's no release date in sight is as good as the next.  Sure, why not?  He's been sitting on an essentially completed album for seven years now.  What's another year or so between friends?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 03:31:34 PM »

At this point, I guess one explanation as to why there's no release date in sight is as good as the next.  Sure, why not?  He's been sitting on an essentially completed album for seven years now.  What's another year or so between friends?

Hahahaha

It could be though.  Maybe he's taking time off to get himself back in kickass shape and voice.  I'd be all for that.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 03:41:15 PM »

Hahahaha

It could be though.  Maybe he's taking time off to get himself back in kickass shape and voice.  I'd be all for that.

Man, if he could get himself in 2006-10 shape both vocally and physically, I'd be totally down for that.  But it all comes down to thinking there's a "master plan" for 2016, rather than the autopilot they've been on since 2011 with sporadic touring and residencies. 

Of course, I hope there's a plan for the album in 2016.  I hope Fernando is secretly the best manager ever, and he's actually doing the manager thing by negotiating the release as we speak...::Morgan Freeman Voice:: "I hope..."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 03:46:15 PM »

Man, if he could get himself in 2006-10 shape both vocally and physically, I'd be totally down for that. 

Its actually the best thing he could do.

A new album?  Great.  Getting back onstage with Slash and Duff?  Would be awesome.

But in what condition?  Honestly, if he were to attempt a reunion or even partial reunion thing, that is going to draw more eyeballs on him than there has been in a loooooooooooong time.  I'm talking people who haven't paid attention to him in over a decade.

Do you want their first impressions to be 2011 and onwards Axl?  Or would you feel better about 2006-10 Axl? 

I think its rather academic.  Even if you cling to the premise he was just fine in 2011-14, I think you have to concede he sounded better in 2006-10.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 03:52:16 PM »

Man, if he could get himself in 2006-10 shape both vocally and physically, I'd be totally down for that. 

Its actually the best thing he could do.

A new album?  Great.  Getting back onstage with Slash and Duff?  Would be awesome.

But in what condition?  Honestly, if he were to attempt a reunion or even partial reunion thing, that is going to draw more eyeballs on him than there has been in a loooooooooooong time.  I'm talking people who haven't paid attention to him in over a decade.

Do you want their first impressions to be 2011 and onwards Axl?  Or would you feel better about 2006-10 Axl? 

I think its rather academic.  Even if you cling to the premise he was just fine in 2011-14, I think you have to concede he sounded better in 2006-10.

In 2006 Mick Wall said that Axl sounded literally better than ever live, to the point where he was wondering whether Axl was using some kind of auto-tune during live shows.  A douchey thing to say, sure, but it shows just how incredible Axl sounded during that tour.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: