Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88751 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #380 on: October 07, 2015, 02:35:09 PM »

If you are never willing to ask a follow up question or hold anyone accountable, ever...than what is the point of even listening to them in the first place?

They just become words with nothing behind them.

I am willing to take Fernando at his word.  I also think that come January or whenever, its a perfectly legit question to ask what happened and what's next, even if it doesn't get you answer. 

Otherwise, you look like a damn fool.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #381 on: October 07, 2015, 03:04:53 PM »

It irks me that, should there be no 'announcement' within the next month or so like Fernando said, that it will likely be neatly swept under the carpet, as if it was never said at all. The fact that there's so little goodwill and accountability from this camp when it comes to dealing with the fanbase is pretty unreal. 

And we can, and likely will, get chided with "Well, things obviously aren't ready to be announced yet blah blah freaking blah...." 

Meanwhile, Fernando wonders why his camp is met with hostility around these parts.  Prove me wrong.  For the love of God, prove me wrong this time...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:06:34 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #382 on: October 07, 2015, 03:22:04 PM »

Hahahaha.  Nice.

I think the problem is that he wants the best of both worlds.  He wants to be able to shut you down by pointing to the fact that Fernando said he wouldn't have anything for us for a few months...but when those months come and go with nothing, there will never be any follow question as to what happened.

That's out of bounds.  And why are you here, anyway?

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

People in glass houses.....

It irks me that, should there be no 'announcement' within the next month or so like Fernando said, that it will likely be neatly swept under the carpet, as if it was never said at all. The fact that there's so little goodwill and accountability from this camp when it comes to dealing with the fanbase is pretty unreal. 

And we can, and likely will, get chided with "Well, things obviously aren't ready to be announced yet blah blah freaking blah...." 

Meanwhile, Fernando wonders why his camp is met with hostility around these parts.  Prove me wrong.  For the love of God, prove me wrong this time...

Let me explain this to you once again.

I know from experience that sometimes you think something will happen and then it doesn't.
It happens.

Now some of you aren't interested in hearing this. Which is puzzling considering some of you are the self proclaimed flag waving free thinkers of the GN'R interwebs!

You guys are already tearing up in case there's a slight hiccup in the announcement plans. "But he promised...".  hihi

You're assuming he's stupid enough not to know the reasons.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheSyxer
Opening Act

« Reply #383 on: October 07, 2015, 03:22:50 PM »

Yeah, he might've been minding his own business when somebody just appeared wanting to talk. These things happen. Doesn't mean the person is evil or an asshole.

/jarmo

I didn't say that he was evil or am asshole. Part of the fun at hanging at the Center Bar was to meet other fans. I just said he takes things at surface value.  And giving somebody a compliment should not be off putting. And I would think that any GNR fan hanging out at a bar before a GNR show would be in a good mood. A true test of a person's character is how they treat other people that they consider inferior.

I've always thought a good test of someones character is how they behave towards the staff and servers in a restaurant.  Anyone excessively rude for no reason is usually not worth knowing.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #384 on: October 07, 2015, 03:41:54 PM »

If he can't talk, he can't talk.  What are we going to do, hold him at gunpoint?

But, the flipside there is, the next time he tries to say something...when we roll our eyes...you can't go getting all salty.  You made yourself The Boy That Cried Wolf.  We didn't do it for you.

That's all.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #385 on: October 07, 2015, 03:46:07 PM »

It irks me that, should there be no 'announcement' within the next month or so like Fernando said,

As far as I recall, he was giving a pretty open time frame.

But here we are, some obviously have a deadline set already. What's the magical deadline?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #386 on: October 07, 2015, 03:47:19 PM »

You guys are already tearing up in case there's a slight hiccup in the announcement plans. "But he promised..."

I got news for ya, bud.  The vast majority of us aren't expecting shit.  Not this month, not next month, not in 4 months.

We're just having some fun with how you circle the wagons and try and explain it all away.

Absent any news, anything happening, or even a fucking line-up to follow...you pretty much have to make your own fun.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #387 on: October 07, 2015, 03:50:35 PM »

That's great!

You're not expecting anything, but you're the ones who get the most upset when you get nothing.

And I'm having fun with a person who takes himself way too seriously.... Good times.
Did you hear the one about how that guy was told he's wrong and he got all defensive? Oh, you did? Good. 

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #388 on: October 07, 2015, 03:54:58 PM »

You're not expecting anything, but you're the ones who get the most upset when you get nothing.

You have a strange way of defining upset.  There are scores of truly upset GNR fans, but they don't come here.

Waiting for this band to get their shit together...you might as well wait for Haley's Comet.  Little point in expressing honest to god anger nothing happens.  10 years ago, maybe.  But not now.

But watching you try and keep all the plates spinning?  Hey, it passes the time.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #389 on: October 07, 2015, 03:58:15 PM »

Upset, the state of being unhappy, disappointed, or worried.

That's you ranting about how unfair life is for you as a GN'R fan.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #390 on: October 07, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »

Where are these threads?  I'd love a link. 

Look, when the stated topic and reason for the creation of a message board gives you so little to talk about, one's continued visits are pretty much dependent on the amusement derived from the antics your fellow posters.  I come here every day because I like most of these people, yourself included.

Take it as a compliment, for christ's sake.  You're always so ready to scrap.  It's odd. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #391 on: October 07, 2015, 04:14:55 PM »

Well thank you. I wasn't aware that this site was part of your social network.

Learn something new every day!  ok

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #392 on: October 07, 2015, 04:15:20 PM »

Where are these threads?  I'd love a link. 

Look, when the stated topic and reason for the creation of a message board gives you so little to talk about, one's continued visits are pretty much dependent on the amusement derived from the antics your fellow posters.  I come here every day because I like most of these people, yourself included.

Take it as a compliment, for christ's sake.  You're always so ready to scrap.  It's odd. 

I have to say, seeing him being chummy and agreeing with GNR fans is almost startling when I see it, it happens so infrequently. I mean, I get it's he's close to TB and it's within his interest to defend every bit of minutia regarding the band/management to the bitter end...But you'd forget we're all fans who are ultimately rooting for GNR to put out music, tour and function competently.  The fact that this is a freakin' battle says a lot about the other side of the coin.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #393 on: October 07, 2015, 04:16:54 PM »

Well thank you. I wasn't aware that this site was part of your social network.

It's a stellar workplace distraction.  I've been quite upfront about that point.

There are a lot of good folks here.  Many laughs to be had.  Some with...some at. 

It's all good.  And if ya don't know, now ya know...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:19:04 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

Annie
« Reply #394 on: October 07, 2015, 05:39:17 PM »

I didn't ask for a photo.  I just said hi.  I liked your interview.  I only brought up the tattoo thing cuz of the way he has hyped up the reunion speculations . I totally respected that he he didn't think I was worthy of his attention.

Well I was talking generally.

/jarmo

[/quote]

My beef with Eddie Trunk is that he treats Axl and GNR as a commodity to promote himself. Great art speaks for itself. Magical things happen when great artists respect each other. I don't think it's a coincidence that Michael C Hall said that he channeled his inner David Bowie to play Hedwig on Broadway, and that he was chosen to be the star of David's new musical LAZARUS which is opening off Broadway next month.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #395 on: October 07, 2015, 05:57:23 PM »

It irks me that, should there be no 'announcement' within the next month or so like Fernando said,

As far as I recall, he was giving a pretty open time frame.

But here we are, some obviously have a deadline set already. What's the magical deadline?

/jarmo

He said 2-4 months. Id suggest we are past the minimum 2 months... any day now i suspect.  Wink
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #396 on: October 07, 2015, 09:43:40 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear something until November or December

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #397 on: October 08, 2015, 10:45:58 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear something until November or December

I don't really expect anything of note in calendar 2015.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #398 on: October 08, 2015, 12:35:28 PM »

A few months is not a set number- when there is something ready to be announced it will be announced.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #399 on: October 08, 2015, 01:05:01 PM »

I don't really expect anything of note in calendar 2015.

What year is it now in your calendar? Just checking... Wink

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: