Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:56:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88776 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #360 on: October 07, 2015, 10:04:57 AM »

I think as long as the alumni are breathing, people will always believe there is hope for a reunion, regardless of what Axl, or anyone else says.
That?s what bands do. They break up, talk shit, say they won?t reunite, and then reunite. Guns would be the exception if it were not to happen.

Plus there doesn?t seem to be much in the way.
The world was never clamoring for anything from Buckethead, Fortus, Pitman etc, and never will.
Countless NuGNR (or whatever you want to call post Illusions) lineups have imploded, and hardly anyone bats an eye over the latest defection.
No one is shedding tears over who?s leaving. They are wondering if the latest escapee helps pave the way to a reunion.

Many people feel like Guns N? Roses went into a coma in 1993, and whenever one of the stand ins inevitably quits, it?s almost like a brief sign of consciousness.
Maybe GN?R is waking up!
Nope, false alarm. We?ve got this new guitarist you?ve never heard of.
He might be really good, but you will probably never know because we don?t release albums.
Plus we know you don?t care. This just allows us to add the 500th leg of the Chinese Democracy tour.

I don?t really expect this cycle to change. Just maybe less people will be interested as time goes on.

As far as management, and the lack of transparency goes.
Would it have been nice to have known way back when that only one album would be released and that nothing really noteworthy was going to happen in the world of GN?R in two decades and counting? Sure, but the cat?s out of the bag. They don?t make announcements. And it makes sense when you think about it, because there?s literally nothing to fucking announce!

If you?re still expecting an announcement, or new album, reunion etc, that?s on you.
My advice would be to expect nothing, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised should anything come to fruition.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #361 on: October 07, 2015, 10:57:31 AM »

I think as long as the alumni are breathing, people will always believe there is hope for a reunion, regardless of what Axl, or anyone else says.
That?s what bands do. They break up, talk shit, say they won?t reunite, and then reunite. Guns would be the exception if it were not to happen.

The world was never clamoring for anything from Buckethead, Fortus, Pitman etc, and never will.
Countless NuGNR (or whatever you want to call post Illusions) lineups have imploded, and hardly anyone bats an eye over the latest defection.
No one is shedding tears over who?s leaving. They are wondering if the latest escapee helps pave the way to a reunion.

Many people feel like Guns N? Roses went into a coma in 1993, and whenever one of the stand ins inevitably quits, it?s almost like a brief sign of consciousness.
Maybe GN?R is waking up!
He might be really good, but you will probably never know because we don?t release albums.
Plus we know you don?t care. This just allows us to add the 500th leg of the Chinese Democracy tour.

Damn.  Pretty well put.

For years I considered GNR the exception that proves the rule about reunions.  I never really considered any other band's situation analogous, because only this particular band had someone as crazy as Axl.  I never really saw another artist take his position that being mad and staying mad was preferable to $BIG DOLLAZ$ and general relevance.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #362 on: October 07, 2015, 11:10:20 AM »

David Byrne-Talking Heads

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #363 on: October 07, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »

They reunited for their RHOF induction.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #364 on: October 07, 2015, 11:21:54 AM »

Yeah, that's a good one, actually.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #365 on: October 07, 2015, 11:22:30 AM »

They reunited for their RHOF induction.

David didn't stay away, and was then touched by all the support he received for his decision?

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #366 on: October 07, 2015, 11:23:57 AM »

Maybe GN?R is waking up!

Damn.  Pretty well put.

For years I considered GNR the exception that proves the rule about reunions.  I never really considered any other band's situation analogous, because only this particular band had someone as crazy as Axl.  I never really saw another artist take his position that being mad and staying mad was preferable to $BIG DOLLAZ$ and general relevance.

Yea. The jury is still out, but it seems maybe the tradeoff of losing the actual band in order to have total control was worth it to Axl.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #367 on: October 07, 2015, 11:35:28 AM »

Yea. The jury is still out, but it seems maybe the tradeoff of losing the actual band in order to have total control was worth it to Axl.

Seems it, yeah.

I just wish he wanted that control so he could have really taken things and run with them in his own direction.

Not simply get control only to be unburdened by anyone kicking him in the ass a little bit and getting things done.

But...can't turn back time.

Annie
« Reply #368 on: October 07, 2015, 12:12:42 PM »

I was thinking more about my brief interaction with Eddie Trunk at the Center Bar in the Hard Rock hotel . I was actually kinda excited to see him so I went up to him and said "Hi,  I really liked your interview with Axl Rose. Then I showed him my Hello Axl tattoo. He said that's cool, you should copyright that. Then he walked away. I had actually wanted to take a pic with him. Guess I wasn't important enough to talk to since I'm not a celebrity. If he had taken a few moments to talk to a fellow GNR fan I would have explained how the tattoo was taken from a painting at an art exhibit from the Sanrio 50th anniversary show. And the exhibit was held at the airplane hangar where they filmed the YESTERDAYS video. The tattoo was done by Khoi at Kat Von Ds place highvoltage tattoo. And was immediately voted worst metal tattoo of the year by metal insider.  Just an example of how he takes things at surface value. Oh and Khoi said GNR is what inspired him to be a tattoo artist.  And he posted a pic of the tattoo on their Twitter page. And the artist was really honored to have his work converted into a tattoo
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 12:14:54 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2015, 12:41:16 PM »

In this case I don't think it is as much a 'need for an update' like it was pre CD where we were happy to get a statement telling us how many Tuesdays were left in a year, as much as it is damage control when you have the ability to control the talk track. That could be the intention here, they might be less comfortable shooting it down without a payout at the end (tour or CD2 announcement). I just wonder if that announcement happens too late, does the reunion fever affect the reaction to the new (show, material, members...)?

Considering peoples' (short) attention spans, after a while of waiting for the news on that reunion, all this fever is gonna die down somewhat don't you think?

Are you already back peddling from Fernando's 2-4 month announcement?  So it's 2-4 months, unless something changes, right?

That's the problem (I think) some people have here.  There is zero culpability taken from management.  So essentially, it doesn't matter what anyone says ever, because things can change?  That doesn't really instill confidence that you would expect from a management team.

I don't need to do anything. I have no idea about any time frames or what's happening. It's kinda difficult to say "oh yeah, that's definitely gonna happen in 2-4 months" when you don't have any idea what it is!

You're talking like something like that is only true for GN'R.
Ever went on holidays expecting sun and then it rained? No?

Best example, I think, was Axl's open letter in 2007 or so.  In truth, it didn't really say anything.  Nothing concrete.  But it was your basic update on the situation, what they hoped to get done, and reassurance we weren't all wasting our time.  People ate the shit up, myself included.

Why not do it a bit more often?

Or was it the one in 2006 and then he got called a liar for "promising" the album for March 2007?
Or when he spoke about coming back with new songs in 2001 and was ridiculed for it?

But hey, it's easy to only see one side when it's what you want. Smiley
It's natural. But that doesn't mean it's 100% accurate.

By the way, aren't you the same person who kept going on and on about his letters regarding the RNRHOF and how he lied in them? So much for loving updates!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #370 on: October 07, 2015, 12:41:34 PM »

I was thinking more about my brief interaction with Eddie Trunk at the Center Bar in the Hard Rock hotel . I was actually kinda excited to see him so I went up to him and said "Hi,  I really liked your interview with Axl Rose. Then I showed him my Hello Axl tattoo. He said that's cool, you should copyright that. Then he walked away. I had actually wanted to take a pic with him. Guess I wasn't important enough to talk to since I'm not a celebrity. If he had taken a few moments to talk to a fellow GNR fan I would have explained how the tattoo was taken from a painting at an art exhibit from the Sanrio 50th anniversary show. And the exhibit was held at the airplane hangar where they filmed the YESTERDAYS video. The tattoo was done by Khoi at Kat Von Ds place highvoltage tattoo. And was immediately voted worst metal tattoo of the year by metal insider.  Just an example of how he takes things at surface value. Oh and Khoi said GNR is what inspired him to be a tattoo artist.  And he posted a pic of the tattoo on their Twitter page. And the artist was really honored to have his work converted into a tattoo

He is a celebrity in the music business... but he is a human being, and most human beings are not always in a good mood... you might have caught him at an off moment. I'm sure he is generally friendly with fans of his.

This doesn't mean he's a bad guy, or not an intelligent one.

He's allowed to talk to or not talk to whoever he wants.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2015, 12:45:16 PM »

Yeah, he might've been minding his own business when somebody just appeared wanting to talk. These things happen. Doesn't mean the person is evil or an asshole.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2015, 12:57:56 PM »

Yeah, he might've been minding his own business when somebody just appeared wanting to talk. These things happen. Doesn't mean the person is evil or an asshole.

/jarmo

I didn't say that he was evil or am asshole. Part of the fun at hanging at the Center Bar was to meet other fans. I just said he takes things at surface value.  And giving somebody a compliment should not be off putting. And I would think that any GNR fan hanging out at a bar before a GNR show would be in a good mood. A true test of a person's character is how they treat other people that they consider inferior.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:10:09 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2015, 01:14:09 PM »

All I was saying is that sometimes you're minding your own business and then out of the blue somebody approaches you for a photo, it can be a bit surprising.

hihi

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2015, 01:14:41 PM »

Are you already back peddling from Fernando's 2-4 month announcement?  So it's 2-4 months, unless something changes, right?

That's the problem (I think) some people have here.  There is zero culpability taken from management.  So essentially, it doesn't matter what anyone says ever, because things can change?  That doesn't really instill confidence that you would expect from a management team.

I don't need to do anything. I have no idea about any time frames or what's happening. It's kinda difficult to say "oh yeah, that's definitely gonna happen in 2-4 months" when you don't have any idea what it is!

Arguably, one does not control the weather, as opposed to say, the managerial decisions of a band.  And you were just chiding people for making outrageous comparisons...

Annie
« Reply #375 on: October 07, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »

All I was saying is that sometimes you're minding your own business and then out of the blue somebody approaches you for a photo, it can be a bit surprising.

hihi

/jarmo

I didn't ask for a photo.  I just said hi.  I liked your interview.  I only brought up the tattoo thing cuz of the way he has hyped up the reunion speculations . I totally respected that he he didn't think I was worthy of his attention.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #376 on: October 07, 2015, 01:37:57 PM »

hihi

/jarmo

I didn't ask for a photo.  I just said hi.  I liked your interview.  I only brought up the tattoo thing cuz of the way he has hyped up the reunion speculations . I totally respected that he he didn't think I was worthy of his attention.

I just don't get what the tattoo thing had to do with anything, I am a male in my late 30's and even have a 7 year old daughter... I would have absolutely no clue whether you created that tattoo or it came from some random pop artist. Just because one is not up on pre teen themed pop art doesn't mean that they are unintelligent. I wouldn't assume that you are an expert or even have a clue about what I do and or find interesting outside of GnR. Could you if put on the spot in a Vegas bar wax poetically on either All Flash Array SAN technology or Massachusetts criminal and constitution law and it's application as a Police Officer? Does that make you unintelligent? Of course not...

Jarmo nailed the interaction part.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #377 on: October 07, 2015, 01:47:49 PM »

Arguably, one does not control the weather, as opposed to say, the managerial decisions of a band.  And you were just chiding people for making outrageous comparisons...

Let me explain the point to you. You can make plans and all, but then some outside influence could derail those plans. It happens. Smiley

Edited to add: Like I said, I have no idea what the update is supposed to be. I hope there is an update in the time frame that was posted. Would be cool.
I was just saying that knowing how the world operates, you can't always start the blame game when it doesn't go as you had hoped. Obviously for GN'R fans who dislike the management, they don't really care...

Well I was talking generally.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:05:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #378 on: October 07, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »

Arguably, one does not control the weather, as opposed to say, the managerial decisions of a band.  And you were just chiding people for making outrageous comparisons...

Hahahaha.  Nice.

I think the problem is that he wants the best of both worlds.  He wants to be able to shut you down by pointing to the fact that Fernando said he wouldn't have anything for us for a few months...but when those months come and go with nothing, there will never be any follow question as to what happened.

That's out of bounds.  And why are you here, anyway?

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #379 on: October 07, 2015, 02:15:12 PM »

Arguably, one does not control the weather, as opposed to say, the managerial decisions of a band.  And you were just chiding people for making outrageous comparisons...

Hahahaha.  Nice.

I think the problem is that he wants the best of both worlds.  He wants to be able to shut you down by pointing to the fact that Fernando said he wouldn't have anything for us for a few months...but when those months come and go with nothing, there will never be any follow question as to what happened.

That's out of bounds.  And why are you here, anyway?

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

My eternal GNR pet peeve "But...But what if they update us and it doesn't pan out?"  They can live by that excuse literally FOREVER.  Nut up, and throw your fans a bone, and if things don't materialize like you say, explain why.  We're not curing cancer here.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: