Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:28:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88709 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #340 on: October 06, 2015, 06:11:29 PM »

I think some chose to ignore the fact that he didn't take seven years off and sit at home all that time.
They toured the world until last June.

The band hasn't been that active in a long time. Say mid-2008 until summer 2014 was a great time to be a GN'R fan if you compare to other years.
But that wasn't good enough for some. Many of us were enjoying ourselves, others were busy looking for faults with everything. Their loss!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #341 on: October 06, 2015, 06:24:49 PM »

Excuse for what?

You guys are being silly.

Why do you need excuses? It's just a rock band. Isn't that what you've been saying?
Yet here you are taking it seriously and whining about stuff you have zero control over.  Smiley

/jarmo

I don't need excuses, i would just prefer a real explanation when a grievance is aired. That's fairly simple.

I might be here "whining" and taking it seriously (to a point), but thats only because Axl is my favorite Artist of all time and like others, we want to know whats going on.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #342 on: October 06, 2015, 06:47:12 PM »

I think some chose to ignore the fact that he didn't take seven years off and sit at home all that time.
They toured the world until last June.

The band hasn't been that active in a long time. Say mid-2008 until summer 2014 was a great time to be a GN'R fan if you compare to other years.
But that wasn't good enough for some. Many of us were enjoying ourselves, others were busy looking for faults with everything. Their loss!

/jarmo

Ill say something positive. I was really grateful Guns came to my home town in 2013. It was brilliant to see Axl performing on my front door step and its one of the highlights of my life. Thats how much i love guns and Axl and the music hes given us. I was also wrapped to see Duff do sth american shows, it was such a throwback to old days for me, so yes you are right..its not like Axl has sat around and done nothing for 7 years. Just wanted to avoid any confusion, and i dont want to be accused of not having anything good to say.  Tongue

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #343 on: October 06, 2015, 06:59:36 PM »

I don't need excuses, i would just prefer a real explanation when a grievance is aired. That's fairly simple.

I might be here "whining" and taking it seriously (to a point), but thats only because Axl is my favorite Artist of all time and like others, we want to know whats going on.

So what's your grievance?

Edited to add: Are you aware that some of the explanations you might have to try to figure out for yourself since there might not be an answer to your every grievance? This is the part some don't wanna do. Or they just choose to take the easy route....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:02:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #344 on: October 06, 2015, 07:20:26 PM »

So what's your grievance?

Edited to add: Are you aware that some of the explanations you might have to try to figure out for yourself since there might not be an answer to your every grievance? This is the part some don't wanna do. Or they just choose to take the easy route....

/jarmo

My main grievance has always been a lack of communication from Axl and the GNR camp with the fans.

When Fernando turned up here and on  mygnrforum to talk with the board members, he took some stick (always bound to happen with internet warriors) however, i think the majority of the users on both forums were very appreciative of Fernando turning up and having a chat. Personally, at this stage with where the band is at... i get that he was restricted by what he could answer legitimately. If a reunion is in the pipeline, then of course hes restricted on what he can say for obvious reasons.

However, the current situation hasnt always been the situation, Fernando achknowledged it somewhere on one of the boards that GNR management is aware there is a gap between them and the fans and that there would be some effort made to bridge that gap. I havent seen it, although in his defence that was only said a few months back.

I have said many times, if Axl doesnt want to release CD2 or whatever the issue is then just explain it to the fans. I am sure Axl would have some inkling that the fans are questioning it.. again.. it just comes back to communication. This fan base gets very little in terms of any communication, we feed off rumour.. inuendo and fucking eddie trunk for anything. Which personally.. i just think is a massive shame considering the fans that are left here obviously deeply care. Thats just my opinion. Look how excited people get when Axl posts a random bloody tweet of his dog. lol ... If Axl or GNR management gave us just a little bit more here and there.. im sure a lot of the innuendo and confusion regarding topics would be put to rest.

Honest question, do you expect Fernando to give us some solid information or even to return to the forum within his time frame? this isnt a troll question, its an honest question. I dont expect him to come on and just announce everything, but do u think he will have anything for us?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #345 on: October 06, 2015, 07:33:11 PM »

My main grievance has always been a lack of communication from Axl and the GNR camp with the fans.

Serious question: Is this something you've noticed recently?

As far as I can tell, the band and Axl have always updated fans wen there's been something to say.
Maybe it's because I'm Finnish. We tend to cut the bullshit and go straight to the point....

Honest question, do you expect Fernando to give us some solid information or even to return to the forum within his time frame? this isnt a troll question, its an honest question. I dont expect him to come on and just announce everything, but do u think he will have anything for us?

Sure, if things go as he envisioned them.
I don't know what time frame we're talking about or what he's supposed to announce.

Contradictory to what some might think, nobody's trying to fuck with the fans.

/jarmo

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #346 on: October 06, 2015, 07:42:30 PM »

As far as I can tell, the band and Axl have always updated fans wen there's been something to say.
Maybe it's because I'm Finnish. We tend to cut the bullshit and go straight to the point....

/jarmo

Do you not agree that the amount of attention the reunion talk is getting (even outside of our little corner of the internet) is potentially distracting from what their plans are? If new members and CD2 (or whatever it will be called) is the path, then there will be some level of backlash. I do not see the harm in shooting it down if it clears the way for your future plans.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #347 on: October 06, 2015, 07:56:24 PM »

Serious question: Is this something you've noticed recently?

I don't know what time frame we're talking about or what he's supposed to announce.

/jarmo

Fernando said 2-4 months IIRC....

whats he supposed to announce? Well, i would assume that he was alluding to the fact that he would be able to give us some new information on what the band intends to do for 2016? Realistically though, id expect him to come back on and say... listen guys, there will be an official announcement on such and such a date?Huh Im not daft enough to think that hes going to just spill details of everything on an internet forum. He did also say they were working on Merch (which may not interest everyone, but it interests me) especially if they revisit any older designs that the classic guns line up used for t-shirts and the such... There were a lot of other questions asked by board members which i cannot even remember.. so hopefully he will have a little bit more information for us on what we can expect in terms of announcements and time frames etc... that sort of thing.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #348 on: October 07, 2015, 04:34:39 AM »

Its about this time of year things happen in GnR world (if its the right year) so here's to soon....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:36:25 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #349 on: October 07, 2015, 06:23:45 AM »

Do you not agree that the amount of attention the reunion talk is getting (even outside of our little corner of the internet) is potentially distracting from what their plans are? If new members and CD2 (or whatever it will be called) is the path, then there will be some level of backlash. I do not see the harm in shooting it down if it clears the way for your future plans.

Could be.

But you have to remember that this isn't he first time it happens. Think back to 2011-2012 for example.

whats he supposed to announce? Well, i would assume that he was alluding to the fact that he would be able to give us some new information on what the band intends to do for 2016? Realistically though, id expect him to come back on and say... listen guys, there will be an official announcement on such and such a date?Huh

Well that's what I don't know so thanks for reminding me.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:34:41 AM by jarmo » Logged

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #350 on: October 07, 2015, 06:35:01 AM »

I do not see the harm in shooting it down if it clears the way for your future plans.

He'll strengthen his association to the topic.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:55:32 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #351 on: October 07, 2015, 06:40:13 AM »

Its about this time of year things happen in GnR world (if its the right year) so here's to soon....
Nah.
If anything were going to happen this year, we'd have heard about it by now.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #352 on: October 07, 2015, 07:41:15 AM »

Could be.

But you have to remember that this isn't he first time it happens. Think back to 2011-2012 for example.

/jarmo

I know this isn't the first time, but this seems like it's getting a lot more attention than previous laps around this topic. I think a lot of that is due to the circumstances: more open slots, some unclear membership, plus the addition of another 'reported' thawed relationship with a 'classic' lineup member. These pieces of circumstantial evidence along with the casual fans 'bucket list' wish to see a reunion seem to have given this legs.

This is where I think a little more transparency than the GnR Camp is used to would be beneficial to them.

I do not see the harm in shooting it down if it clears the way for your future plans.

He'll strengthen his association to the topic.

How does saying something like this 'strengthen' the topic, in my mind this kills it in a political way: "I appreciate the interest in the rich history of this band, and while I am happy to have reconnected with old friends recently, I am as interested as ever in the future of this band and the success of the members who have helped me push this band forward. With that in mind I want to let you know that news is forthcoming on new music and future touring plans, but I can say without a shadow doubt that this will be with a recharged modern lineup. I am sorry that the internet has taken some tidbits of information and ran with it, but there will not be a reunion of what is being called the 'classic' line up of GnR. Thank you - Axl"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #353 on: October 07, 2015, 07:50:00 AM »

Not in this lifetime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GySgwfYOOA

I understand the "romantic" thing, the desire, the fantasy. Personally I haven't wanted other bands to reunite, or really enjoyed it when they have. For me generally something always seemed missing.

But Guns is my life, not someone else's. For me there hasn't been a way to make any type of reunion work regardless of money (either talk or legitimate) without jeopardizing what I feel is the well-being and best interests of nearly everyone I'm involved with in the GNR camp (including myself). People here have big investments of their lives in what we're doing. We've worked hard for what we have here now and continue to do so. I know what I went thru then. I know what I and all of us have gone thru since. People enjoyed the product and the entertainment our lives gave them back in the day, but they weren't the ones actually living those lives together. It's not somewhere I'd go back to or would want to go again. Life's too short.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=182

Give me a fucking break

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/42596

-----------

The list goes on...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #354 on: October 07, 2015, 07:56:54 AM »

I know this isn't the first time, but this seems like it's getting a lot more attention than previous laps around this topic. I think a lot of that is due to the circumstances: more open slots, some unclear membership, plus the addition of another 'reported' thawed relationship with a 'classic' lineup member. These pieces of circumstantial evidence along with the casual fans 'bucket list' wish to see a reunion seem to have given this legs.

This is where I think a little more transparency than the GnR Camp is used to would be beneficial to them.

Yeah, it's getting attention. Not sure if it's more or less to be honest. In 2012, there was a date and location set for the reunion (if you asked the media). Everything was in place for it to happen according to them.
Now they don't have a date and place, but they have something else to go on.

The question is, do you burst the bubble with only "bad" news? For example "No, it's not true."
Or do you just wait and ride it out until you got something. "We got a album/tour, contrary to rumors this is the band's line up" that kind of thing.

I understand the need some have for updates.... Don't get me wrong. But you gotta look at things from another angle sometimes. It's not always about what you (not you personally) want.

/jarmo

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #355 on: October 07, 2015, 08:11:27 AM »

Not in this lifetime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GySgwfYOOA

I understand the "romantic" thing, the desire, the fantasy. Personally I haven't wanted other bands to reunite, or really enjoyed it when they have. For me generally something always seemed missing.

But Guns is my life, not someone else's. For me there hasn't been a way to make any type of reunion work regardless of money (either talk or legitimate) without jeopardizing what I feel is the well-being and best interests of nearly everyone I'm involved with in the GNR camp (including myself). People here have big investments of their lives in what we're doing. We've worked hard for what we have here now and continue to do so. I know what I went thru then. I know what I and all of us have gone thru since. People enjoyed the product and the entertainment our lives gave them back in the day, but they weren't the ones actually living those lives together. It's not somewhere I'd go back to or would want to go again. Life's too short.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=182

Give me a fucking break

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/42596

-----------

The list goes on...

Things change... good and bad. Do people pay tens of thousands (or more) dollars on weddings thinking/expecting or knowing that it's going to end within 5 years? No... At the same time have you ever had a friend early in life that you were close to that ended badly, then the stars align, and you sit down over a beer and everything washed away... it's like time turned back.

Sometimes two people or a group of people just get together and suddenly the feud makes little sense at this point in their lives, it doesn't mean there aren't obstacles to clear but I wouldn't take a quote from 2010 or 2012 as an absolute. Just something as simple as Del wishing Slash a happy birthday is a confirmation that there was some kind of 'thawing'... Axl's circle is tight and loyal, they wouldn't acknowledge Slash in anyway if it weren't OK with Axl.

Does this mean reunion? Absolutely not, but the hard feelings behind those quotes have changed... maybe next time it is worded softer, yet the message stays the same, but I wouldn't say that it is 100% in either direction any longer.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #356 on: October 07, 2015, 08:16:47 AM »

I guess I am kinda glad for all this reunion talk

If there wasn't any of that.  What would we have?

Silence from the guns camp since June 2014 pretty much

Loosing two lead guitar players

Other band members saying they for have a clue what's going on

I can see why rabid fans will grab at anything
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #357 on: October 07, 2015, 08:28:56 AM »

Yeah, it's getting attention. Not sure if it's more or less to be honest. In 2012, there was a date and location set for the reunion (if you asked the media). Everything was in place for it to happen according to them.
Now they don't have a date and place, but they have something else to go on.

The question is, do you burst the bubble with only "bad" news? For example "No, it's not true."
Or do you just wait and ride it out until you got something. "We got a album/tour, contrary to rumors this is the band's line up" that kind of thing.

I understand the need some have for updates.... Don't get me wrong. But you gotta look at things from another angle sometimes. It's not always about what you (not you personally) want.

/jarmo

In this case I don't think it is as much a 'need for an update' like it was pre CD where we were happy to get a statement telling us how many Tuesdays were left in a year, as much as it is damage control when you have the ability to control the talk track. That could be the intention here, they might be less comfortable shooting it down without a payout at the end (tour or CD2 announcement). I just wonder if that announcement happens too late, does the reunion fever affect the reaction to the new (show, material, members...)?

I understand we have had 'scheduled reunion shows' in the past, but maybe it's an in the moment thing making me feel like this is as 'bad' as it's ever gotten. I think the fact that we have seen Axl on stage with some of the more important pieces (Duff and Izzy) and the recent reported changes to the Slash relationship really driving this along with the bands intended cloud of secrecy leading to lineup confusion.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #358 on: October 07, 2015, 08:38:40 AM »

/jarmo

Are you already back peddling from Fernando's 2-4 month announcement?  So it's 2-4 months, unless something changes, right?

That's the problem (I think) some people have here.  There is zero culpability taken from management.  So essentially, it doesn't matter what anyone says ever, because things can change?  That doesn't really instill confidence that you would expect from a management team.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #359 on: October 07, 2015, 09:42:48 AM »

However, the current situation hasnt always been the situation, Fernando achknowledged it somewhere on one of the boards that GNR management is aware there is a gap between them and the fans and that there would be some effort made to bridge that gap. I havent seen it, although in his defence that was only said a few months back.

Here is what gets me.

The reaction when they actually do speak to us is always pretty positive.  You can tell we truly appreciate being kept in the loop.  It boggles my mind they can't see the reaction such outreach gets and not make the obvious call that it wouldn't hurt them to do that more often.

Best example, I think, was Axl's open letter in 2007 or so.  In truth, it didn't really say anything.  Nothing concrete.  But it was your basic update on the situation, what they hoped to get done, and reassurance we weren't all wasting our time.  People ate the shit up, myself included.

Why not do it a bit more often?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: