Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:58:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88784 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2015, 07:40:37 PM »

Remember this interview with Fortus?

Axl Rose has turned down ?outrageous? offers to reunite the original Guns N? Roses line-up, according to bassist Richard Fortus. The frontman is now the only original member of the group following the departure of stars including Slash, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler, and current bandmember Fortus reveals big money offers have recently been touted to get the musicians back together.
However, Fortus is adamant Rose has snubbed all the lucrative deals because he cares more about his ?art? than a money-spinning tour.
Speaking on the One On One With Mitch Lafon podcast, Fortus explains, ?It?s just about the music ? that?s all he cares about. I?ve worked with a lot of people in this business, and I?ve never seen, or met, anybody that was motivated purely by that ? by the desire to make art. And you can say whatever you want about it? but he is that, and that?s for sure. Otherwise, there would have been a reunion because the offers for money have been outrageous. But he would never do a reunion unless it was for something besides money.?

http://www.hollywood.com/general/axl-rose-turns-down-big-money-for-guns-n-roses-reunion-59552317/

Since I'm already committed to one side of this discussion....  hihi

If Slash and Axl have made amends this year, couldn't that be the incentive for Axl to do a reunion for "something besides money"?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2015, 07:41:36 PM »

Starting to think that the media-hyped reunionism is sabotage of cd2 to force a reunion... greedy

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #222 on: October 03, 2015, 07:42:37 PM »

Starting to think that the media-hyped reunionism is sabotage of cd2 to force a reunion... greedy

Hopefully not. I really want to hear CD 2.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #223 on: October 03, 2015, 07:48:54 PM »

NIN is quite big I think. Not bigger than GNR, but the gap is much smaller than with Sixx AM.

Like most bands, their popularity has gone up and down.
And they were never really the big act outside of the USA that GN'R was. But yes, NIN was quite big.

When you say GN'R you mean Axl right? Slash said he's never been offered any money for a reunion.

What I meant was, that there's been offers for the reunion in the past.

Slash has even talked about it years ago:
Slash says there is no chance of a Guns N?Roses reunion.

The guitar legend says he and frontman Axl Rose have been offered ?hundreds of millions? to reform.

http://metro.co.uk/2010/01/06/slash-no-return-for-guns-nroses-15618/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #224 on: October 03, 2015, 07:51:15 PM »

It's positive I agree with that, but the statement doesn't give an impression of certainty.

Or; It doesn't address specific paranoid, beliefs. It doesn't have to. Nothing is ever certain with gnr.

They will always have to deny a reunion and confirm their status to some people. Just trying to point out what I think is logical and realistic.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #225 on: October 03, 2015, 07:54:35 PM »

Nothing is ever certain with gnr.

This is basically my whole argument.

Sweetness is a virtue
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #226 on: October 03, 2015, 08:02:26 PM »

Nothing is ever certain with gnr.

This is basically my whole argument.

Unfair! Sad

Can't argue that, u win.

Edit:
I still stand for my claim that, due to all circumstances and facts considered, this is the realistic scenario:

• Tommy is still in
  • Reunion is not happening atm 
  • Cd2 is up next
  • Eddie might be the new Mick Wall
  • I has made is a list smoking

There are other people who are not the "reunionists" type; norway, Pilferick, Spirit, Jarmo himself who bring something else to the table. I enjoy reading their contributions

I r speshul Smiley

hihi
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:29:26 PM by norway » Logged

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2015, 08:06:36 PM »

it amazes me how many "clues" some of you find in a tibit of information.
Some of you should join a UFO-logy forum.

no credible evidence, or clue has been presented that anything will happen any time soon.
there's not a shred of evidence that Slash will be back -from his, or from Axl's side.
If I got back a friend I had 15 years ago, I wouldnt be making same mistakes.... or risk friendship over business.

also, band members not knowing is default thing with GNR, not an insight into something revolutionary.

some speculated that CD would come out in 2001 and they missed by 7 years... back then, that was the official release date.
With this bits for unofficial information we have at our disposal now... all your guesses couldnt be farther away from the truth (especially compared to CD release day speculations)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:09:02 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2015, 08:32:32 PM »

NIN is quite big I think. Not bigger than GNR, but the gap is much smaller than with Sixx AM.

Like most bands, their popularity has gone up and down.
And they were never really the big act outside of the USA that GN'R was. But yes, NIN was quite big.

When you say GN'R you mean Axl right? Slash said he's never been offered any money for a reunion.

What I meant was, that there's been offers for the reunion in the past.

Slash has even talked about it years ago:
Slash says there is no chance of a Guns N?Roses reunion.

The guitar legend says he and frontman Axl Rose have been offered ?hundreds of millions? to reform.

http://metro.co.uk/2010/01/06/slash-no-return-for-guns-nroses-15618/

/jarmo

This is what I was refering to:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YCDEr9uJb0   

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2015, 09:31:57 PM »

Does anybody know when the Eagles got back together I know this is going back to the early 90s and all but what kind of timeline there was from the time they announced they were back together and then went out on tour. My reason for asking is a band as big as the eagles are I know the internet wasn't around back then to speculate on reunion stuff like we do now but if anybody knows were there hints of a reunion before they officially announced it I mean the eagles and guns n roses are both equally huge bands who both had ugly break ups and maybe this is a similar situation where a lot of things are being kept under wraps. In watching the eagles documentary that came out not too long ago when they first talked about getting back together glenn frey and don henley had to see if joe walsh was going to be healthy enough and clean of his addictions before being able to put a tour together. I am sure there if there are reunion talks in play that management is checking into making sure whoever they are looking to have get together for this is  able to handle a full length tour.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #230 on: October 03, 2015, 09:41:59 PM »

Does anybody know when the Eagles got back together I know this is going back to the early 90s and all but what kind of timeline there was from the time they announced they were back together and then went out on tour. My reason for asking is a band as big as the eagles are I know the internet wasn't around back then to speculate on reunion stuff like we do now but if anybody knows were there hints of a reunion before they officially announced it I mean the eagles and guns n roses are both equally huge bands who both had ugly break ups and maybe this is a similar situation where a lot of things are being kept under wraps. In watching the eagles documentary that came out not too long ago when they first talked about getting back together glenn frey and don henley had to see if joe walsh was going to be healthy enough and clean of his addictions before being able to put a tour together. I am sure there if there are reunion talks in play that management is checking into making sure whoever they are looking to have get together for this is  able to handle a full length tour.

1994.  It was huge. Hell freezes over tour. Stadiums

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #231 on: October 04, 2015, 07:44:21 AM »

There is a reunion of the classic line up on its way.All the rumours point the same way.Its now or never.

My concern is if Axl is ok to tour,his performances from 2011-2014 are most of them nearly bad,with some great moments but many others really bad.Yesterday i was watching RIR11 ....i dont know what happened to the guy from 2010-2011 ...illness,depresion? i dont know,but he was full of energy in 2010 like the good old days but from that gig to nowadays he went down and down,his knee? his throat? dont know what something happened there for sure.

If he can get to 2010 top form,reunion would be amazing,if he appears like those others years,the press will destroy them.And fans would be sad for sure,that reunion would bring many guys that havent seen Gnr since 90s,i would say that 60% that would go to the reunion shows would be that kind of fans.
Princess Leia
« Reply #232 on: October 04, 2015, 08:10:25 AM »

?If they got [the modern lineup] together again and wanted me to play, of course I?d have to think about it.?

It's not the same as "I'll be back".

It's positive I agree with that, but the statement doesn't give an impression of certainty.

Agree!!! It is like I ask you to go to movies and your answer is you have to think about it. Then it`s far from a sure thing
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #233 on: October 04, 2015, 08:53:44 AM »

There is a reunion of the classic line up on its way.All the rumours point the same way.Its now or never.

yeah. all the rumours started by bunch of nobodies point to something - its now or never.  Roll Eyes
cant wait to hear it on Oprah as well. That'll definitely make it sure thing.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Annie
« Reply #234 on: October 04, 2015, 09:41:15 AM »

yeah. all the rumours started by bunch of nobodies point to something - its now or never.  Roll Eyes
cant wait to hear it on Oprah as well. That'll definitely make it sure thing.
Glad to see there are other posters out there with common sense.
And I agree with Norway that Eddie Trunk may be the new Mick Wall.
He sees Axl as a commodity and not a person who is a great artist. 
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #235 on: October 04, 2015, 10:00:27 AM »

My concern is if Axl is ok to tour,his performances from 2011-2014 are most of them nearly bad,with some great moments but many others really bad.Yesterday i was watching RIR11 ....i dont know what happened to the guy from 2010-2011 ...illness,depresion? i dont know,but he was full of energy in 2010 like the good old days but from that gig to nowadays he went down and down,his knee? his throat? dont know what something happened there for sure.

If he can get to 2010 top form,reunion would be amazing,if he appears like those others years,the press will destroy them.And fans would be sad for sure,that reunion would bring many guys that havent seen Gnr since 90s,i would say that 60% that would go to the reunion shows would be that kind of fans.

This is nonsense. The UK tour in 2012 was great & Axl was on 2010 form at the last vegas run. Do you not think the terrible weather might have had some small impact on RIR11??
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #236 on: October 04, 2015, 10:22:52 AM »

Yeah. Milano 2012, what a show! Axl in top shape. I agree with Norway. Trunk's info's probably junk. I hope and believe the big news is cd2, with World tour. Of course with one or two new/old guitarists. Who it is doesn't really matter that much.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: October 04, 2015, 11:11:51 AM »

Dj's leaving was pretty much out of the blue. The most enthusiastic new member just leaves the band to pursue a career in another band not even half as known as GNR. I think this was the strangest of all the departures.

I don't think the popularity was an issue.
I mean, nobody that left GN'R went to join a more popular band. Or even equal.

As long as we don't know who Eddie's source is, it's impossible to conclude on the credibility of his information. I can accept that people are skeptical, I am too. But it might be something...

I don't know his source.
But haven't we heard this before?

Haven't promoters been offering GN'R money for a reunion in the past?

/jarmo

You could argue that Robin leaving for NIN was leaving for an equal band.

I agree that DJ's departure is very telling of SOMETHING !, what that is leaves to speculation? he may have been kicked out because of a reunion. He may have had it with no new music being recorded? who knows? only time will tell?.. or not  hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Annie
« Reply #238 on: October 04, 2015, 11:13:38 AM »

You look like a lunatic, pulling that move.

I equal the word 'lunatic' to the word 'nigger' and 'pinky'.

What specific condition do you suspect the poster have? Or are you just critisizing the move at the expense of people with mental illness? We all got a mental health and while I do think people shouldn't have to accept this at their workplace (it is indeed worthy of some kind of mild reaction from the police imo) I don't see anything that suggest that the person is unstable in this. 'We' just h8 her don't we?

BTW Emily

I was scrolling thru the GNR instagram this morning and I came across a picture of Duff in SA... and it said big thanks to ORIGINAL gunner Duff Mckagan!

I immediately thought of you  Smiley

Please tell them Duff is not the original bass player!

Yes, som1 please do. Classic and Modern is far better terminology.

I think it will be very funny when the reunion tour is officially advertised as the "original GNR."
That will be the end of that talking point. hihi

No it won't. Not for people who cares about historical facts. The talking-point will take on a a even greater proportion.

Just listened to the whole interview for the first time.  There's.....no way Steven will be involved.  There's just no way......

He's 50 years old yet he stammers and shit talks everyone but the original 5 five, and then even paints Slash & Duff as untrusting jerks.  Yeah, no....

I hear Eddie clap and say 'we got gold already' and 'the internet already poppin', it cleary suggest his intrest is ratings not factual and critical journalism.

Steven sounds like he had a stroke btw, not like a retard. Two diferent things and only less enlightened people wouldn't tell the diference. Edit: (not aimed at the post I quote)

Norway,   I really enjoy your posts here.  You are obviously a very intelligent person and you have a unique perspective on things.   The reason I went to Marc's place of employment is that it is a public restaurant where he sells the book.  I had bought the book there in 2011 so since I wanted to return it, I saw no problem with going back to the original point of purchase.  My Uber car driver was actually very excited to be part of my Seth MacFarlane inspired adventure.  Marc and I had several correspondences for about 2 and a half months after I returned the book.  He seriously believes that the BS he spouts in Canter Banter is what led to the thawing of relations between Axl and Slash.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:15:34 AM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
TheSyxer
Opening Act

« Reply #239 on: October 04, 2015, 11:21:40 AM »

[/quote]
Norway,   I really enjoy your posts here.  You are obviously a very intelligent person and you have a unique perspective on things.   The reason I went to Marc's place of employment is that it is a public restaurant where he sells the book.  I had bought the book there in 2011 so since I wanted to return it, I saw no problem with going back to the original point of purchase.  My Uber car driver was actually very excited to be part of my Seth MacFarlane inspired adventure.  Marc and I had several correspondences for about 2 and a half months after I returned the book.  He seriously believes that the BS he spouts in Canter Banter is what led to the thawing of relations between Axl and Slash.
[/quote]

Returning a book to 'point of purchase', when the seller has openly offered people to return their copies if they are not satisfied isn't a strange thing to do - it's pretty rational.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: