Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:19:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88683 times)
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2015, 03:30:54 PM »

I trust Eddie Trunk and his sources.  Stuff sounds like is for sure happening people.  ok

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2015, 03:48:28 PM »

wonder what the first week in October may bring... things are really up in the air right now... we dont know shit.. haha.. i kinda like it..  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2015, 04:06:19 PM »

wonder what the first week in October may bring... things are really up in the air right now... we dont know shit.. haha.. i kinda like it..  beer

My guess is complete silence until next year. Hopefully early next year.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2015, 04:09:21 PM »

One major void that still exists is the one left by the original Guns ?N? Roses. Following an interview earlier this summer in which Slash said he and Guns singer Axl Rose had rekindled their friendship, rumors of a reunion have been rampant. Add in the fact that the current incarnation of Guns ?N? Roses is nearly all but disbanded, and rock aficionados are salivating at the idea of a full-scale reconciliation of the lineup that helped change the face of the genre with 1987?s ?Appetite for Destruction? and 1991?s ?Use Your Illusion I and II.?

Slash politely declined to broach the subject. With a new album in his sights, Slash is firmly committed to his current project, and he?s excited as always to bring his brand of rock to audiences worldwide.

http://www.timestelegram.com/article/20151001/NEWS/151009964/2052/ENTERTAINMENT/

/jarmo

There was absolutely zero new info in that.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 04:13:01 PM by xBrownstonex » Logged

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #184 on: October 03, 2015, 04:15:41 PM »

Ok, havent read all of the posts properly, but can someone sum up the real facts here, if there are any?   Wink

A question; if a reunion of some sort was in progress, wouldnt someone have heard or seen actual people in or from the camp/band meeting up somewhere, or an email/communication/contract been leaked or spotted in any way? I would imagine someone would slip up, even with tight secrecy from all parts? Especially nowadays in the digital world.
No matter what happens, or not, I am hoping for new music sometime sooner than later.

-Eirik

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2015, 04:34:51 PM »

Ok, havent read all of the posts properly, but can someone sum up the real facts here, if there are any?   Wink

A question; if a reunion of some sort was in progress, wouldnt someone have heard or seen actual people in or from the camp/band meeting up somewhere, or an email/communication/contract been leaked or spotted in any way? I would imagine someone would slip up, even with tight secrecy from all parts? Especially nowadays in the digital world.
No matter what happens, or not, I am hoping for new music sometime sooner than later.

-Eirik

No info about this from the GNR camp so far.
No info from former members about this, except Adler saying he hasn't heard anything.

There are rumors circulating in the press, but no concrete source has been given.
Eddie Trunk has heard from (what he considers) a very reliable source, that things are happening ? a reunion tour in some form.

When it comes to your question if something should've leaked by now... maybe you're right. But if something is happening, they could've been very careful about it and have actually prevented information to leak. Unless... that's what actually has happened, and mr. Trunk has gotten insider information.

For us right now, it's only speculation, no official word on this.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2015, 04:51:51 PM »

-Eirik

Listen this starting at 17:30    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waM0iqEFDZQ   Sounds very confident talks have or are happening.    ok

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2015, 05:07:09 PM »

Eddie had nothing at all, nada.

but can someone sum up the real facts here, if there are any?   Wink

1: Nothing factual nor circumstantial suggest a reunion is on the horizon. It's all speculation/wishfull thinking at this point.
2. Tommy is still in the band
3: Modern gnr will release a new album
4: Slash will release a solo album and tour that
5: Someone thinks Axl is fat but it is, as a matter of fact unhealthy, to be thin at Axl's age.
6: Fernando (inside source) has said something cool will happen soon and Richard that 2016 will be an amazing year.
7: Emily is Ri Chun-hee
8: Nothing new to c here getting sum coffee, tnx bai wave
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 05:17:13 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2015, 05:17:19 PM »

You know what's going on and what has been going on for close to a year now.   You have the need to not say anything, but at the same time you have the need to join in the conversation where you are not willing to discuss what you know.  I appreciate everything you've done so I will leave it at that.  

Let me get this straight. I'm supposed to know what you know that's been going on for a year?
What if what you know is going on, is something I don't know is going on?

There was absolutely zero new info in that.

It's a recent interview in which he doesn't wanna discuss the topic. Unlike Eddie Trunk.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »

Must be really fucking annoying for Tommy and Slash to choke on this when promoting themselves.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »

1: Nothing factual nor circumstantial suggest a reunion is on the horizon. It's all speculation/wishfull thinking at this point.

Nothing circumstantial?

- The two lead guitarists have left the band.
- Slash says he and Axl are friends again.
- Izzy seems to have a good relationship with Axl.
- Duff seems to have a good relationship with Axl.
- Dizzy's response to reunion rumors: "Whatever happens, happens."
- Tommy's situation with GNR is unknown at the moment. He will consider continuing with them if they contact him.

I'm just looking at this situation with the information we have been provided. I'm not rooting for a reunion any more than I want Axl to release the next album of new material. But I wonder, how do you know that Eddie's information is bullshit? Is it assumption or has some other piece of information come to light that disproves what he had heard?

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2015, 05:27:49 PM »

To be fair, none of those facts necessarily point to any immediate reunion.

Buckethead left, Robin left... Didn't mean there was a reunion.

Izzy's been on good terms with Axl since at least 2006 (when he was touring with the band).
Duff's been cool with Axl since at least 2010 or so.

I think it's a case of people seeing all these signs and wishing it means what they think it means.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2015, 05:37:33 PM »

To be fair, none of those facts necessarily point to any immediate reunion.

Buckethead left, Robin left... Didn't mean there was a reunion.

Izzy's been on good terms with Axl since at least 2006 (when he was touring with the band).
Duff's been cool with Axl since at least 2010 or so.

I think it's a case of people seeing all these signs and wishing it means what they think it means.

/jarmo

Yes, that's all true. And it may very well be, actually I still think there's a bigger chance of Axl continuing without any former members.

But, the Slash comment might be the most weighted one, that combined with Axl thanking "all line-ups" at the Golden God's.

If you look at the current circumstances and combine that with rumors (although hard to say how credible) from Eddie, wouldn't you say the chance of a reunion happening, in the eyes of a fan, is bigger now than say 2 years ago?

If the rumor had come out a couple of years ago, while the new band was out touring and active, I wouldn't have bothered. It's the current situation that enables the chance of something like this happening, however small that chance still is.

Sweetness is a virtue
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2015, 06:03:03 PM »

I think its fair to say someone (promoters) are trying to set up a tour hence all the rumors, whether it ends up happening or not is another story. But I will say in my opinion we are as close to a reunion as we have ever been. Lets keep fingers crossed!  ok peace
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2015, 06:11:17 PM »

As far as money goes. There's just too much to turn down. People say well how much do you need? This is America. Money talks.  When there's tens of millions staring at you. Very hard to say no forever. I'm sure Axl knows and understands this.  ok

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2015, 06:12:08 PM »

Posted to Spirit

- The two lead guitarists have left the band.

How is DJ and Ron leaving circumstantial evidence that a reunion (as opposed to the usual routine) is on the horizon?

- Slash says he and Axl are friends again.

Yes, and?

- Izzy seems to have a good relationship with Axl.

- Duff seems to have a good relationship with Axl.

Nothing new here.

- Dizzy's response to reunion rumors: "Whatever happens, happens."

in the interview where he says 'probably next year' regarding modern gnr tour/album... Roll Eyes

source

- Tommy's situation with GNR is unknown at the moment.

Tommy's situation is not more unknown at the moment than the others with the exception of DJ and Ron. Infact; Tommy says he has 'not quit the band', that 'they all' left in Vegas and that he will 'of course' consider coming along for another ride.

how do you know that Eddie's information is bullshit?

What information? He is conjecturing like u, no?

Lets keep fingers crossed!  ok peace

GL! I'll sacrifice a goat peace

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2015, 06:15:37 PM »

If you look at the current circumstances and combine that with rumors (although hard to say how credible) from Eddie, wouldn't you say the chance of a reunion happening, in the eyes of a fan, is bigger now than say 2 years ago?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
I get why people think there's a bigger chance.

It's the "I read that they're friends again so now they can play together in GN'R again" logic.
I get that.

Assuming the news about the friendship is in fact true, is the chance of a reunion bigger, than the chance of them just being friends for now?

The logic seems to be "Ok, they're friends again, time for that reunion".
Is it that simple? You just shake hands and decide to tour again together? I don't know....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 06:17:08 PM by jarmo » Logged

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2015, 06:19:10 PM »

Norway, what would you consider circumstantial evidence as opposed to factual evidence that a reunion might happen?

Dj's leaving was pretty much out of the blue. The most enthusiastic new member just leaves the band to pursue a career in another band not even half as known as GNR. I think this was the strangest of all the departures.

As long as we don't know who Eddie's source is, it's impossible to conclude on the credibility of his information. I can accept that people are skeptical, I am too. But it might be something...

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2015, 06:23:49 PM »

Dj's leaving was pretty much out of the blue. The most enthusiastic new member just leaves the band to pursue a career in another band not even half as known as GNR. I think this was the strangest of all the departures.

I don't think the popularity was an issue.
I mean, nobody that left GN'R went to join a more popular band. Or even equal.

As long as we don't know who Eddie's source is, it's impossible to conclude on the credibility of his information. I can accept that people are skeptical, I am too. But it might be something...

I don't know his source.
But haven't we heard this before?

Haven't promoters been offering GN'R money for a reunion in the past?

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2015, 06:31:40 PM »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
I get why people think there's a bigger chance.

It's the "I read that they're friends again so now they can play together in GN'R again" logic.
I get that.

Assuming the news about the friendship is in fact true, is the chance of a reunion bigger, than the chance of them just being friends for now?

The logic seems to be "Ok, they're friends again, time for that reunion".
Is it that simple? You just shake hands and decide to tour again together? I don't know....

/jarmo

I don't know if you're referring to me, but I don't think I've "concluded" that a reunion is happening based on this.

It's something I consider interesting, so I don't see harm in having it up for speculation amongst fellow fans. Since we're already in kind of a dry-spell information wise, this is what keeps things rolling. I get that some people have no interest in unconfirmed information, and that's cool.

In regards to the friends thing, all I was saying is that that fact might strengthen the possibility. If Slash hadn't made that comment, would the reunion rumors been mentioned at all on the forums? I don't think so. I get that the reunion rumors might be because Slash said that, but we don't know that for sure either.

The chance of them just being friends for now is bigger than a reunion.

To sum up, we know practically nothing about what the future holds for GNR..  hihi  But, there's a lot of hope for different things, and I think that's exciting.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: