Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:54:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88769 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2015, 09:54:41 AM »

You look like a lunatic, pulling that move.

I equal the word 'lunatic' to the word 'nigger' and 'pinky'.

What specific condition do you suspect the poster have? Or are you just critisizing the move at the expense of people with mental illness? We all got a mental health and while I do think people shouldn't have to accept this at their workplace (it is indeed worthy of some kind of mild reaction from the police imo) I don't see anything that suggest that the person is unstable in this. 'We' just h8 her don't we?

BTW Emily

I was scrolling thru the GNR instagram this morning and I came across a picture of Duff in SA... and it said big thanks to ORIGINAL gunner Duff Mckagan!

I immediately thought of you  Smiley

Please tell them Duff is not the original bass player!

Yes, som1 please do. Classic and Modern is far better terminology.

I think it will be very funny when the reunion tour is officially advertised as the "original GNR."
That will be the end of that talking point. hihi

No it won't. Not for people who cares about historical facts. The talking-point will take on a a even greater proportion.

Just listened to the whole interview for the first time.  There's.....no way Steven will be involved.  There's just no way......

He's 50 years old yet he stammers and shit talks everyone but the original 5 five, and then even paints Slash & Duff as untrusting jerks.  Yeah, no....

I hear Eddie clap and say 'we got gold already' and 'the internet already poppin', it cleary suggest his intrest is ratings not factual and critical journalism.

Steven sounds like he had a stroke btw, not like a retard. Two diferent things and only less enlightened people wouldn't tell the diference. Edit: (not aimed at the post I quote)

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:48:07 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »

Negotiations have been under way for quite some time. Patience everybody. 

Care to elaborate? What negotiations and how do you know?

/jarmo

I will elaborate when you elaborate.  My need to not compromise things is just as important as yours.   
Annie
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2015, 10:03:22 AM »

I apologize to Jarmo and anyone who took offense to any of my posts.  It was not my intention to go off topic.  My problem with people like Eddie Trunk and Marc Canter is that they use Axl and GNR to promote themselves and their own business interests. They have no real insider or official information.   In the age of the Internet their half truths and speculations just lead to more misinformation being spread about Axl and GNR.
Princess Leia
« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2015, 10:38:13 AM »

I apologize to Jarmo and anyone who took offense to any of my posts.  It was not my intention to go off topic.  My problem with people like Eddie Trunk and Marc Canter is that they use Axl and GNR to promote themselves and their own business interests. They have no real insider or official information.   In the age of the Internet their half truths and speculations just lead to more misinformation being spread about Axl and GNR.

But this is not about other people`s "half truths". This is about  Axl, Slash, etc who don`t bother to deny those so called half truths.

I don`t know if Trunk and Canter use Axl. But if that is the case it is up to Axl to deal with them. It doesn`t look like Axl is doing anything about it. Why should I care about them when he doesn`t? I`m not gonna start a crusade against them when it is Axl`s job to do something about it if he thinks he is being used by other people.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2015, 10:51:45 AM »

I apologize to Jarmo and anyone who took offense to any of my posts.  It was not my intention to go off topic.  My problem with people like Eddie Trunk and Marc Canter is that they use Axl and GNR to promote themselves and their own business interests. They have no real insider or official information.   In the age of the Internet their half truths and speculations just lead to more misinformation being spread about Axl and GNR.

Get a life

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2015, 11:02:28 AM »

<3 the logic 'axl gonna be a industrial cashcow now, for fame and fortune (apparantly), no mention of artistic integrity here'.

They have no real insider or official information. 

Correct, we got (Fernando-quote) on the other hand but then there is the bias vs modern gnr. Roll Eyes

*yawn*

They are no longer the most dangerous band, but they still play arguably the best music and I am thankful for Axl keeping this band afloat.

I am more intrested in modern rock than classic rock so I take modern gnr over a reuinted classic lineup. AFD was probably modern rock tho, back then.

Would defintly c Axl in reunited band and getting Buckethead back would be dreamlike but, all things considered, neither will happen I think.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:11:59 AM by norway » Logged

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven...Those guys are hacks. They just rode Axl's talent to success. They were nothing but lame Poison rejects that Axl lifted up to greatness. Better to leave them in the past with hair metal and mullets and let Axl's vision finally unfold. Axl's now free of the traitors and users who just used the GN'R name to better themselves, now in 2015 we can see Axl's vision for GN'R unfold.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2015, 11:15:06 AM »

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven...Those guys are hacks. They just rode Axl's talent to success. They were nothing but lame Poison rejects that Axl lifted up to greatness. Better to leave them in the past with hair metal and mullets and let Axl's vision finally unfold. Axl's now free of the traitors and users who just used the GN'R name to better themselves, now in 2015 we can see Axl's vision for GN'R unfold.

Funneh...

(I view CG's post as a paraphrase)

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2015, 11:22:48 AM »

Tracii Guns...that guy is just a hack. Oh wait! Tongue

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2015, 11:39:57 AM »

There won't be any announcement until they sign papers committing to it, Eddie knows this. Axl's spent time in New York so there might be some "friend of a friend" thing going on,  a couple of music industry people connected to Interscope, and some off the record stuff Bumblefoot told Ed. Just a guess.

Do I think a reunion's going to happen? Maybe but at least if they're talking again, anything vault-related can finally be put out there.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:47:24 AM by raindogs70 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2015, 01:01:39 PM »

I will elaborate when you elaborate.  My need to not compromise things is just as important as yours.   

What do you think I need to elaborate on? As far as I recall, I didn't state anything as a fact in this topic nor did I claim to know things were under way?
You on the other hand, did....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2015, 01:27:28 PM »

Do I think a reunion's going to happen?

If they reunite without Axl they could use u as a singer Grin

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2015, 02:01:15 PM »

One major void that still exists is the one left by the original Guns ?N? Roses. Following an interview earlier this summer in which Slash said he and Guns singer Axl Rose had rekindled their friendship, rumors of a reunion have been rampant. Add in the fact that the current incarnation of Guns ?N? Roses is nearly all but disbanded, and rock aficionados are salivating at the idea of a full-scale reconciliation of the lineup that helped change the face of the genre with 1987?s ?Appetite for Destruction? and 1991?s ?Use Your Illusion I and II.?

Slash politely declined to broach the subject. With a new album in his sights, Slash is firmly committed to his current project, and he?s excited as always to bring his brand of rock to audiences worldwide.

http://www.timestelegram.com/article/20151001/NEWS/151009964/2052/ENTERTAINMENT/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #173 on: October 03, 2015, 02:10:01 PM »

As we've heard no official news about the future yet, I hold all possibilities open ? including a reunion.

Even if Slash goes ahead and releases his next solo album next year, that doesn't prevent him touring with GNR.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #174 on: October 03, 2015, 02:12:36 PM »

Slash politely declined to broach the subject. With a new album in his sights, Slash is firmly committed to his current project, and he?s excited as always to bring his brand of rock to audiences worldwide.

Well, there we go.  It's obvious Slash has no interest.  Like I said all along, I suspected serenity and artistic liberty were more important to Slash than dealing with a GNR reunion, regardless of the money involved.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #175 on: October 03, 2015, 02:13:44 PM »

I'm sorry you have a hard time comprehending actual history and that GNR existed in some form before the Appetite lineup

This seems to really bother you, enough to make petty comments and attempted little insults, pretty pathetic and very amusing.  hihi

If I see somebody obviously trolling, I will continue to mention it if I see fit- manage your own behavior, if I want your advice I will ask for it.    Kiss

I'm here to talk about GNR, not honestly focused on winning some sort of perceived popularity contest.

Anything to add on the actual topic?

And do you, Emily?

Tell me something...why do you come here? Why do you post in these topics? I really want to know.

If you are waiting on an official announcement from either Fernando or Axl Rose..why do you keep coming back and posting here??

What do these "reunion" topics do for you, Emily? Everything you do here is give talk about FACTS. If something is not a fact, you immediately make sure you let us know. Is that your game?? That's great, you can play all you want, but leave the rest of us some room to speculate. Everything we are doing here is speculating at this time...you want to join the fun? Then feel free to speculate too. Right now you are 100% correct. A reunion is not a fact, it's just speculation at this point. You win.

Do you have anything else to add here??

Yes, we know you are a die hard supporter. Yes, we know you have seen all the different line-ups many times, and yes we all know YOU know GNR's history like it was your own. We understand ALL that. Do you have anything else of VALUE to provide?

There are still plenty of threads you could contribute with your facts...please feel free to post in each one of them....But I suggest if you want to bring something new to the table, please change your narrative a bit, will ya?

Your posts read like a broken record. Day in, day out. Personally, I don't like them, but that's my personal opinion. There are other people who are not the "reunionists" type; norway, Pilferick, Spirit, Jarmo himself who bring something else to the table. I enjoy reading their contributions, you on the other hand, provide no value at all (again, that's my personal opinion).

Is attention what you are seeking? It seems to me all you do try to do here is grab attention for yourselg (maybe your message board motto is "my words may disturb but at least there's a reaction") by getting into name calling with JAEBALL, DX, C0MA,Sofine, Princess Leia, Oscar22...please drop that already.

Oh and, you are not a mod yet. If you don't like a newcomer's post or thread, you don't need to lecture him your "Stop trolling" advice.

Ignatius-

I am a long time GNR fan, this is a GNR fan forum- most of the answers you seek can be derived from that one single fact, I don't find it honestly necessary to address your multiple rhetorical questions that are obviously geared to attack and demean.

I'm sorry if my adherence to facts and truth upsets you to this degree, maybe you are preferring to believe errors and are confused about actual history?

Do you like the rampant speculation or do you prefer to wait on an actual announcement from GNR?

I think all the petty, personal attacks and focusing on other members here instead of talking about the actual topic at hand is unfortunate, especially coming from a moderator, to whom more is given, more is required- you should be above attacking other members here.

Do you have anything to add to the actual topic? I don't think you bring a great deal to the table- but that's just my opinion.
I don't see you offering a great deal of knowledge or content here.

*On Topic-
No idea if Eddie Trunk actually knows anything or is simply padding his ratings and building his following- I guess we will find out when Fernando comes back with his announcement.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:48:03 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #176 on: October 03, 2015, 02:21:39 PM »

One major void that still exists is the one left by the original Guns ?N? Roses. Following an interview earlier this summer in which Slash said he and Guns singer Axl Rose had rekindled their friendship, rumors of a reunion have been rampant. Add in the fact that the current incarnation of Guns ?N? Roses is nearly all but disbanded, and rock aficionados are salivating at the idea of a full-scale reconciliation of the lineup that helped change the face of the genre with 1987?s ?Appetite for Destruction? and 1991?s ?Use Your Illusion I and II.?

http://www.timestelegram.com/article/20151001/NEWS/151009964/2052/ENTERTAINMENT/

/jarmo

Interesting, thanks for posting- I can't say I'm surprised he was hestitant and avoiding any more controversial remarks considering what an insane storm his last remarks set off.

"Shut the fuck up."
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #177 on: October 03, 2015, 02:24:30 PM »

What do you think I need to elaborate on? As far as I recall, I didn't state anything as a fact in this topic nor did I claim to know things were under way?

/jarmo

You know what's going on and what has been going on for close to a year now.   You have the need to not say anything, but at the same time you have the need to join in the conversation where you are not willing to discuss what you know.  I appreciate everything you've done so I will leave it at that.  
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #178 on: October 03, 2015, 02:28:05 PM »

You know what's going on and what has been going on for close to a year now.   You have the need to not say anything, but at the same time you have the need to join in the conversation where you are not willing to discuss what you know.  I appreciate everything you've done so I will leave it at that.  

Ahhh yes, cryptic riddles.  I'm sure Jarmo will be enthralled.   hihi
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #179 on: October 03, 2015, 02:32:44 PM »

/jarmo

Just so I understand, are you saying you are privvy to inside information and telling everyone that some sort of negotiations have been underway?

Just for fun-
If you were trusted with information, why would you abuse a confidentiality to post it on a fan forum?

All this cryptic insider schtick is not a new game at all.  no
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:51:17 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: