Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:23:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88690 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2015, 05:35:24 PM »

Axl and Slash have been speaking terms almost a year now.  I don't think Eddie would intentionally bs his listening audience.  Obviously It is premature to announce anything.
Like I said after meeting him, he isn't the smartest person.

Because a grown man didn't know that Hello Kitty Axl was from some unknown artist??? That's what you're basing it on?
No. Just the way that he talked to me in general and watching some of his interviews.
No offense, but after your take on the DJ letter I would probably speak a little slower when talking to you in person... Probably not a fair or accurate take, but that's what happens when you base someones overall intelligence on a single interaction.

Condescending much?

The issue I had with the letter was who scans a hand-written letter to post images of it on the internet? It was very contrived, and a very calculated PR move- which worked out very successfully for him.

Nice entrepreneureal move, I'm sure it impressed his leagues of silly fangirls- guess I'm a cynic.

Did you have an issue with DJ and his silly fangirls while he was in GnR, or just after he left?

I'm first and foremost a GNR fan, that is where my loyalty lies- make no mistake.

Is that a problem for you?

Gotcha.  Your loyalty is to GnR (the entity) and the people that make up that entity at that particular point in time.  So, if DJ ever comes back to GnR, those silly fangirls instantly become loyal followers again.

I still think they are silly to be duped into thinking a handwritten scanned letter is anything except a PR endeavor.

You can spin it any way that makes you feel better.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2015, 06:23:13 PM »

Of course nothing's for certain until Axl confirms it.

It's silly season and it's fun to speculate in rumors I think. As long as people take it for what it is, and just roll with it. If you take every rumor as fact you're setting yourself up for a lot of disappointments... But we already know that, right? Haha Smiley

I prefer facts rather than endless speculation. I dont see the fun in it to be honest.

My mindset exactly, I don't get the fascination with rumors and heresay.   peace

Only one thing to talk about the past year then. Dj leaving.
Emily just peddles that same old tired line about waiting for official announcements to sound superior, the fact is, this rarely happens. One announcement every five years keeps her happy but if that's all we ever discussed this board would be a ghost town!

Wrong again, I've already told you that interpreting things off the internet is not your forte', keep your day job troll.

There is nothing wrong with preferring official, actual news over a bunch of asanine speculations and rumors.

The only thing asanine is you.
Perhaps you could do us all a favour and only comment when we get an official announcement then? Rather than give us your tired repeated "oh I don't like asanine unfounded gossip" crap???
Yet here you are... Day in, day out repeating yourself.
It's a little bit silly Emily.
Jussayin

Only thing silly, and asanine is you here on a fan forum attempting to dictate how I behave and obsessing about me you sick troll.

I don't care what you think and I will not amend my behavior to appease "fans" like you, ever.

There is nothing wrong with dismissing unfounded gossip and preferring actual facts and reality.
I'm actually a supportive fan, I know that's an alien concept to you-

Don't make me start reporting you again for harassment and personal attacks.

Ahh the old... " oh iim gonna cry in my room and report you"... gotta love how you play that card everytime you get called out for your behavior on here.  rofl

Harassment and personal attacks? Stop being so melodramatic. Its a forum... are you really that sensitive? If so.. you may need a teaspoon of cement.  Tongue

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2015, 06:25:07 PM »

Axl and Slash have been speaking terms almost a year now.  I don't think Eddie would intentionally bs his listening audience.  Obviously It is premature to announce anything.
Like I said after meeting him, he isn't the smartest person.

Because a grown man didn't know that Hello Kitty Axl was from some unknown artist??? That's what you're basing it on?
No. Just the way that he talked to me in general and watching some of his interviews.
No offense, but after your take on the DJ letter I would probably speak a little slower when talking to you in person... Probably not a fair or accurate take, but that's what happens when you base someones overall intelligence on a single interaction.

Condescending much?

The issue I had with the letter was who scans a hand-written letter to post images of it on the internet? It was very contrived, and a very calculated PR move- which worked out very successfully for him.

Nice entrepreneureal move, I'm sure it impressed his leagues of silly fangirls- guess I'm a cynic.

Did you have an issue with DJ and his silly fangirls while he was in GnR, or just after he left?

I'm first and foremost a GNR fan, that is where my loyalty lies- make no mistake.

Is that a problem for you?

Gotcha.  Your loyalty is to GnR (the entity) and the people that make up that entity at that particular point in time.  So, if DJ ever comes back to GnR, those silly fangirls instantly become loyal followers again.
Exactly.

Its a strange world she lives in... but anyhoo.. thats GNR land for some blind followers.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2015, 06:29:28 PM »

The only problem is that some of these speculations are being presented as facts by some of the tabloidy and irresponsible journalists out there.

And one person/group has the power to squash it... All Axl had to do is tweet his response if this is all false. This is what I'm talking about in the DJ thread... he has the chance and platform to control the message. If this is so off base and upsetting to the current 'camp' then address it. Hiding from it just lends a slightly higher level of credence to the rumor, because it is so easy to shoot down.

Exactly. If the speculation was in any way damaging... One tweet from the man himself could end all of damage it is doing.

If there is actually reunion plans being worked on... all the speculation is actually helping. IF there was nothing at all being worked on in any way shape or form, i think wed have heard from someone in the gnr camp by now. In the meantime.. the rumours will continue to grow until something is announced either way.  Wink

I know others dont like the rumours and innuendo, but at least the rumours are regarding something that is potentially very exciting for a lot of fans. Its what long term fans of the classic line up like me have waited for... so heres hoping...  beer smoking
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2015, 06:32:55 PM »

The Unique True Of Have:

AXL & MANAGEMENT

smoking

Does anyone understand this guy?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2015, 06:51:13 PM »

The Unique True Of Have:

AXL & MANAGEMENT

smoking

Does anyone understand this guy?

No. Not at all.

But its entertaining.  Cheesy
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »

Even the biggest skeptic has to agree there is a lot of stuff pointing in this direction. One HUGE cashout before Axl hangs it up. And I don't say that in a negative way. The other guys will play on for many years but with the voice singing these songs I'm sure Axl was knew he wasn't up to par last year. Obviously he's a huge perfectionist. Slashs' brother saying he's on a strict diet losing weight that goes a lot further than looking good. It goes with health. And I mean health of his voice, for one last shot for him.  

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2015, 08:42:05 PM »

Sometimes silence is best when every statement and every word gets misconstrued and twisted every imaginable way- I've even seen some attempting to place bizarre translations on simple tweets.

Never had much use for opportunistic journos and other parasites who prey on the livelihood and lives of other people.

What is wrong with a little loyalty?

I understand what you are saying, but the problem is this isn't a Wedding Band... or a Coffee House Folk Artist writing poems. The magazines, web sites, radio shows, tv shows etc... are part of the 'business', so are 'employees'. When it stops being a band of equals/partners and becomes a band of employees you also have to understand that there is a certain level of self interest and promotion that is going to come along with it which is why I don't understand the hatred in how DJ dealt with this... I also don't understand the tactic of hiding information and hiding from stories if the are gaining steam in a direction different than you are going.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2015, 08:46:51 PM »

Sometimes silence is best when every statement and every word gets misconstrued and twisted every imaginable way- I've even seen some attempting to place bizarre translations on simple tweets.

Never had much use for opportunistic journos and other parasites who prey on the livelihood and lives of other people.

What is wrong with a little loyalty?

I understand what you are saying, but the problem is this isn't a Wedding Band... or a Coffee House Folk Artist writing poems. The magazines, web sites, radio shows, tv shows etc... are part of the 'business', so are 'employees'. When it stops being a band of equals/partners and becomes a band of employees you also have to understand that there is a certain level of self interest and promotion that is going to come along with it which is why I don't understand the hatred in how DJ dealt with this... I also don't understand the tactic of hiding information and hiding from stories if the are gaining steam in a direction different than you are going.

To be fair... there is a million things that make no sense when it comes to decisions made by Axl or management. this is just another one in a long list.  Wink

The only reasonable conclusion to draw on this topic is.. the media is sniffing down the right track and they are keeping quiet till its all been worked out.. that does make sense. And like most.. i hope this is the case.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2015, 09:45:40 PM »

Myth - "we're going on a world tour and making lots of money".

Reality - "we talked at Santa Monica Starbucks over a couple of pumpkin lattes".
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2015, 11:20:13 PM »

The only problem is that some of these speculations are being presented as facts by some of the tabloidy and irresponsible journalists out there.

And one person/group has the power to squash it... All Axl had to do is tweet his response if this is all false. This is what I'm talking about in the DJ thread... he has the chance and platform to control the message. If this is so off base and upsetting to the current 'camp' then address it. Hiding from it just lends a slightly higher level of credence to the rumor, because it is so easy to shoot down.

Exactly. If the speculation was in any way damaging... One tweet from the man himself could end all of damage it is doing.

You know it

If there wasn't any truth to any of this

Every recent topic in the past 4 months would of been sent too the dead horse section

Something's in the works

But!

Damn

There is still nothing to talk about

Oh wait.  There is......

Go Jays!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2015, 02:51:06 AM »

keep your day job troll.

The biggest troll here is you.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2015, 05:12:15 AM »

If memory serves me correctly Axl in the interviews that got released after Chinese hit said it was the album he was allowed to release. Now I'd presumed that was due to record executives saying these are the best songs. But in one of Richard's interviews this year he said Axl would not reunite for cash he's all about the music and that there was stuff he'd worked on that was left over from the Slash days.

Could it be that some of the top pick songs are things Slash had a hand in and in fact it was that that has slowed the release of certain material?
Annie
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2015, 06:12:54 AM »

keep your day job troll.

Wrong! Emily is the antithesis of a troll
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2015, 07:03:57 AM »

keep your day job troll.

Aren't you the "person" who went into Marc Canter's place of work to harass him?
You're a creepy stalker.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2015, 07:37:28 AM »

I suggest some of you take these personal insults elsewhere.

Got nothing to do with the topic.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2015, 08:21:42 AM »

keep your day job troll.

Aren't you the "person" who went into Marc Canter's place of work to harass him?
You're a creepy stalker.
I quickly stopped by Canter's deli to return his unauthorized book. There was no harassment. I am not a stalker.It was a peaceful protest.
Trust me, I prefer the company of world class surgeons and handsome actors to people like Marc Canter.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:30:17 AM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2015, 08:42:50 AM »

I really can't handle another thread about how evil Marc Canter is.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2015, 10:09:23 AM »

I quickly stopped by Canter's deli to return his unauthorized book. There was no harassment. I am not a stalker.It was a peaceful protest.
Trust me, I prefer the company of world class surgeons and handsome actors to people like Marc Canter.
[/quote]

Return his book? Did he loan it to you? otherwise what were you thinking?

Wow, that is disturbing. There is no other way to describe that behaviour. There have been a few things you have said that raises the hair on ones neck in this thread. The dark side of fame.

On topic....who knows. I think those guys burying the hatchet and having appositive relationship without the internals toxins of hating someone you once cared for is really the main thing. To this day I don't think it has ever really been clearly articulated why they had such a big bust up. Either way there is not much more we can do but wait. If they do get back together I just hope it's not a cash grab tour and there is some creative output. God knows this band has been a creative void since the old band was together.

I do fear that IF they do get together and make great music that the public will view 'Nu-NGR' in an even more negative light and even more blame will be laid on Axl's shoulders. Be it right or wrong that wouldn't be a nice situation to deal with for him. It would almost solidify 'see you need Slash' in the publics view.
Annie
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2015, 10:31:13 AM »

I really can't handle another thread about how evil Marc Canter is.

Fair enough. But as long as he continues to misrepresent himself as a GNR insider and bash current GNR management he is responsible for his own karma.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: