Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88746 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2015, 09:25:24 AM »

The only problem is that some of these speculations are being presented as facts by some of the tabloidy and irresponsible journalists out there.

And one person/group has the power to squash it... All Axl had to do is tweet his response if this is all false. This is what I'm talking about in the DJ thread... he has the chance and platform to control the message. If this is so off base and upsetting to the current 'camp' then address it. Hiding from it just lends a slightly higher level of credence to the rumor, because it is so easy to shoot down.

Exactly. If the speculation was in any way damaging... One tweet from the man himself could end all of damage it is doing.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Annie
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2015, 09:31:59 AM »

Axl and Slash have been speaking terms almost a year now.  I don't think Eddie would intentionally bs his listening audience.  Obviously It is premature to announce anything.
Like I said after meeting him, he isn't the smartest person.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2015, 09:37:12 AM »

Axl and Slash have been speaking terms almost a year now.  I don't think Eddie would intentionally bs his listening audience.  Obviously It is premature to announce anything.

Because a grown man didn't know that Hello Kitty Axl was from some unknown artist??? That's what you're basing it on?
Annie
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2015, 09:39:46 AM »

Because a grown man didn't know that Hello Kitty Axl was from some unknown artist??? That's what you're basing it on?
No. Just the way that he talked to me in general and watching some of his interviews.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2015, 09:43:04 AM »

Sorry MR. EDDIE TRUNK,

When we say "by all accounts", that means ALL ACCOUNTS, meaning official, reliable sources like band members and/or their management.

I prefer facts rather than endless speculation. I dont see the fun in it to be honest.

This is the way I look at it too.  We've been listening to Guns N Roses reunion talks really since 1996.  Here we are, 19 years later, and the original lineup (or even an Axl/Slash show) has never resurfaced from the dead.  That doesn't excite me in the slightest.

I'm going to continue to play Devil's Advocate.  I still don't believe Axl and Slash have even spoken to each other, regardless of the bullshit media frenzy.

To me, Axl's words when speaking to Del James...

There is zero possibility of me ever having anything to with Slash.

.... are more potent and powerful than any perpetual bullshit reunion speculation.

Things change. Above all when people fight about nothing.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2015, 09:43:08 AM »

No. Just the way that he talked to me in general and watching some of his interviews.
No offense, but after your take on the DJ letter I would probably speak a little slower when talking to you in person... Probably not a fair or accurate take, but that's what happens when you base someones overall intelligence on a single interaction.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2015, 09:46:26 AM »

To me, Axl's words when speaking to Del James...

There is zero possibility of me ever having anything to with Slash.

.... are more potent and powerful than any perpetual bullshit reunion speculation.

You also have to agree that the people in Axl's inner circle are very loyal to Axl... Just look at Richards interview when talking about possibly sharing the stage with Slash and Thin Lizzy. YET Del James himself has really warmed up recently to Slash at least via twitter, which in my eyes is very telling.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:48:31 AM by C0ma » Logged
Annie
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2015, 09:49:52 AM »

No offense, but after your take on the DJ letter I would probably speak a little slower when talking to you in person... Probably not a fair or accurate take, but that's what happens when you base someones overall intelligence on a single interaction.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. I was just recently hanging out with one of the men who worked on the team who brought the internet to cell phones. He also worked on the space shuttle. And created a famous video game . He called himself the alpha geek. So I am able to interact quite well with highly intelligent people.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:51:37 AM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2015, 10:37:17 AM »

Of course nothing's for certain until Axl confirms it.

It's silly season and it's fun to speculate in rumors I think. As long as people take it for what it is, and just roll with it. If you take every rumor as fact you're setting yourself up for a lot of disappointments... But we already know that, right? Haha Smiley

I prefer facts rather than endless speculation. I dont see the fun in it to be honest.

My mindset exactly, I don't get the fascination with rumors and heresay.   peace

Only one thing to talk about the past year then. Dj leaving.
Emily just peddles that same old tired line about waiting for official announcements to sound superior, the fact is, this rarely happens. One announcement every five years keeps her happy but if that's all we ever discussed this board would be a ghost town!

Wrong again, I've already told you that interpreting things off the internet is not your forte', keep your day job troll.

There is nothing wrong with preferring official, actual news over a bunch of asanine speculations and rumors.

The only thing asanine is you.
Perhaps you could do us all a favour and only comment when we get an official announcement then? Rather than give us your tired repeated "oh I don't like asanine unfounded gossip" crap???
Yet here you are... Day in, day out repeating yourself.
It's a little bit silly Emily.
Jussayin

Only thing silly, and asanine is you here on a fan forum attempting to dictate how I behave and obsessing about me you sick troll.

I don't care what you think and I will not amend my behavior to appease "fans" like you, ever.

There is nothing wrong with dismissing unfounded gossip and preferring actual facts and reality.
I'm actually a supportive fan, I know that's an alien concept to you-

Don't make me start reporting you again for harassment and personal attacks.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2015, 10:44:58 AM »

Condescending much?

The issue I had with the letter was who scans a hand-written letter to post images of it on the internet? It was very contrived, and a very calculated PR move- which worked out very successfully for him.

Nice entrepreneurial move, I'm sure it impressed his leagues of silly fangirls-and boys-  guess I'm a cynic.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 10:48:09 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2015, 10:46:52 AM »

Condescending much?

The issue I had with the letter was who scans a hand-written letter to post images of it on the internet? It was very contrived, and a very calculated PR move- which worked out very successfully for him.

Nice entrepreneureal move, I'm sure it impressed his leagues of silly fangirls- guess I'm a cynic.

Did you have an issue with DJ and his silly fangirls while he was in GnR, or just after he left?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2015, 10:49:26 AM »

Condescending much?

Nice entrepreneureal move, I'm sure it impressed his leagues of silly fangirls- guess I'm a cynic.

Did you have an issue with DJ and his silly fangirls while he was in GnR, or just after he left?

I'm first and foremost a GNR fan, that is where my loyalty lies- make no mistake.

Is that a problem for you?

"Shut the fuck up."
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2015, 02:24:27 PM »

But haven't you learned that things change? 

Remember the (pretty horrible) shit Axl said about Slash, Izzy, and Duff during the 02' tour?  Then what happened?  Izzy played a few shows in '06, Duff played a few shows and then played several full shows last year.  Slash was always going to be the fence that took the longest to mend.  Things change.

No, I've learned that things typically remain the same.

1996 -- Overexcited, overfaithful fans hoping for a reunion that didn't happen.
2015 -- Overexcited, overfaithful fans hoping for a reunion that still hasn't happened.

Yep, I don't see things changing, even if Axl played a few shows with Izzy and Duff.

Things change.

You guys can repeat these words ad nauseam.  I stand by my original point.  Axl's statements that Slash is a "cancer" and that there is "zero possibility" that he will ever have anything to do with Slash are MUCH stronger, more powerful, and more believable statements than all conjecture and speculation that fans on a message board could possibly conjure up.  And that goes for ill-informed Eddie Trunk too.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:32:19 PM by Bridge » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2015, 02:29:39 PM »

way to promote your radioshow

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2015, 03:00:36 PM »

I watch Trunk's That Metal Show on VH1 Classic and he's been saying that he believes the band will reunite in one form or another for a few years now. He likes to be right, as anyone knows who observes his behavior during "Stump the Trunk," so this news may be nothing more than self-confirmation. That said, I like his show and Stump the Trunk is really entertaining. The guy knows an incredible amount about rock trivia. And when I say trivia, I mean stuff that no other human being could possibly know. I don't buy the notion that is he not that smart. He seems pretty smart to me. Whether he is actually informed about GNR goings-on is a separate question.

Anyone know when the new season of TMS starts?

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2015, 03:11:10 PM »

Condescending much?

Nice entrepreneurial move, I'm sure it impressed his leagues of silly fangirls-and boys-  guess I'm a cynic.

It was intentionally condescending... just as she was condescending towards Eddie Truck because he was 'too stupid' to know the history of a Hello Kitty inspired Axl image... because most grown men are very up on the comings and goings of Hello Kitty.

I fully accept everything you are saying about the motivation of the letter, it is very self serving... What I am commenting on though is how personally she is taking this letter like it was a physical attack on Axl and in her world Axl is a deity. Axl had the ability to control the BBF, DJ, and reunion messages by getting in front of them... If the band choses to be silent you can't blame someone trying to make a living on his new band to not leverage his time in GnR and announce his separation to remove confusion.
Annie
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2015, 03:18:52 PM »

Condescending much?

It was intentionally condescending... just as she was condescending towards Eddie Truck because he was 'too stupid' to know the history of a Hello Kitty inspired Axl image... because most grown men are very up on the comings and goings of Hello Kitty.

I fully accept everything you are saying about the motivation of the letter, it is very self serving... What I am commenting on though is how personally she is taking this letter like it was a physical attack on Axl and in her world Axl is a deity. Axl had the ability to control the BBF, DJ, and reunion messages by getting in front of them... If the band choses to be silent you can't blame someone trying to make a living on his new band to not leverage his time in GnR and announce his separation to remove confusion.
He had a very condescending air about him and he seemed pretty full of himself. Just because somebody knows a lot of rock trivia does not mean they are super intelligent. Shooting his mouth off about GNR reunion speculations is not that savvy. And if showing loyalty to a great artist is a bad thing then so be it. You are free to dislike me.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2015, 03:29:13 PM »

The Unique True Of Have:

AXL & MANAGEMENT

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2015, 03:35:45 PM »

Condescending much?

Sometimes silence is best when every statement and every word gets misconstrued and twisted every imaginable way- I've even seen some attempting to place bizarre translations on simple tweets.

Never had much use for opportunistic journos and other parasites who prey on the livelihood and lives of other people.

What is wrong with a little loyalty?

"Shut the fuck up."
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2015, 04:38:16 PM »

Condescending much?

I'm first and foremost a GNR fan, that is where my loyalty lies- make no mistake.

Is that a problem for you?

Gotcha.  Your loyalty is to GnR (the entity) and the people that make up that entity at that particular point in time.  So, if DJ ever comes back to GnR, those silly fangirls instantly become loyal followers again.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: