Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:15:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88672 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2015, 11:52:29 AM »

I can see the classic line up doing about &0 percent of the show

Say durring a show in LA, bucket of Robin Coke out to play a couple of songs alone.  Then slash joins them on stage for one   
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2015, 11:57:19 AM »

Could this just be due to promoters reading the news and starting putting together offers?
I mean, a "Hey! Look, we could book you into these venues and you'd make that much!" kind of deal.....

/jarmo

Could very well be. Eddie probably has a lot of promoter contacts.

I'd like to think that Eddie's contact is more than just a promoter.  Eddie's been very guarded about discussing Guns...probably b/c he doesn't want to upset Axl and wants another interview...so I think he would only go public with information if he really trusted the source.  Promoters, as we all know from being fans of this band, are not to be trusted.

Eddie seemed a little less reserved about the subject this time around. We only have to go back a couple of months during the news about the departure of Dj, and Eddie had a very clear opinion that that didn't have anything to do with a reunion.

When he says this now ? that he hears things are in motion, it must be some information that has come to him quite recently I think. Eddie I assume is also well connected with producers, execs and such, so his source could be from anywhere in the music industry.

Hopefully it's a legit source, but it could be from a promoter as Jarmo suggested. I think Eddie is very excited about the idea of a reunion, so it's not far fetched that he might trust such a source a little bit more than he probably should in this exact case.

We can only wait and see what happens next. Crossing my fingers for some information coming soon as Fernando has hinted will come, whatever it might be.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 11:59:45 AM »

Slash just needs to roll up to Axl's place with a bottle of Maker's (because they're older and wiser), and a pack of heaters and say "Yo".  

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2015, 12:14:28 PM »

Slash just needs to roll up to Axl's place with a bottle of Maker's (because they're older and wiser), and a pack of heaters and say "Yo".  

He tried that...like 10 years ago.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2015, 12:19:19 PM »

Who is his "very reliable source"?

When something is definitely happening, there will be official confirmation and announcements.

The source was not a member of the band, that's all he said.

I listened too and got that, it was really a rhetorical question.  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 12:25:45 PM »

Could this just be due to promoters reading the news and starting putting together offers?
I mean, a "Hey! Look, we could book you into these venues and you'd make that much!" kind of deal.....

/jarmo

Very reasonable thought and consideration.

I will wait for official news before jumping any sharks  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2015, 01:53:57 PM »

damn it looks like the dream I had I posted here some time ago...  confused

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
19AT5
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2015, 02:04:32 PM »

I like Eddie Trunk, and I listened to his interview with Steven Adler. But to be honest I don't think he has any more of an idea than anybody else. I feel he was kind of blowing smoke up Adler's arse! You could see a reunion press conference with Adler taking over, shooting off his big mouth and the rest of the band looking on and cringing. That's the reality of that situation. Think the Van Halen/David Lee Roth MTV reunion in '96. DLR made a bit of a joke of himself. 
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2015, 02:15:40 PM »

Saying people from the appetite line up probably means Duff and Slash
People from the illusions line up probably means Matt Sorum and not Adler.
PEople from the new line up probably means Fortus.

Probably.  Wink

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2015, 02:40:13 PM »

The only ones that really know whats going on or not is Mr. Axl Rose / GNR management. Until they confirm it, nobody knows whats going on.

Just a radio presenter spreading rumours to get more listeners.

Official news either way soon would be great.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2015, 02:50:01 PM »

Of course nothing's for certain until Axl confirms it.

It's silly season and it's fun to speculate in rumors I think. As long as people take it for what it is, and just roll with it. If you take every rumor as fact you're setting yourself up for a lot of disappointments... But we already know that, right? Haha Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2015, 02:50:58 PM »

From a recent interview Eddie did with Steven where they're discussing a GN'R reunion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waM0iqEFDZQ

Eddie's comments at 17:30

Eddie has heard from a very reliable source that venues are being put on hold for next year. There're indications that there will be shows with the Appetite line-up, but it might also include players from the Illusions-era and more recent players as well.

My opinion: With all that has gone down in recent times, I think this seems more and more likely by the day. A couple of years ago I would have blown this off in a second, but I must admit, even if we've heard very little from the people involved, going by the events (recent departures) and some comments here and there, I would say a reunion might be realistic.

If this happens, maybe it'll be sort of an "all-star" thing, with different players coming in for the songs they've been involved with and Axl is the only constant though the show. Going through the history of GNR with each show, it could be a very cool thing imo.

It's True:

AXL
DUFF
DIZZY

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
ROSE
VIP

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2015, 03:00:51 PM »

It's silly season and it's fun to speculate in rumors I think. As long as people take it for what it is, and just roll with it. If you take every rumor as fact you're setting yourself up for a lot of disappointments... But we already know that, right? Haha Smiley

I prefer facts rather than endless speculation. I dont see the fun in it to be honest.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2015, 03:11:00 PM »

I prefer facts rather than endless speculation. I dont see the fun in it to be honest.

To each his own, by all means.  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
ROSE
VIP

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2015, 03:19:04 PM »

To each his own, by all means.  Smiley

Exactly. ok
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2015, 03:43:57 PM »

Sorry MR. EDDIE TRUNK,

When we say "by all accounts", that means ALL ACCOUNTS, meaning official, reliable sources like band members and/or their management.

This is the way I look at it too.  We've been listening to Guns N Roses reunion talks really since 1996.  Here we are, 19 years later, and the original lineup (or even an Axl/Slash show) has never resurfaced from the dead.  That doesn't excite me in the slightest.

I'm going to continue to play Devil's Advocate.  I still don't believe Axl and Slash have even spoken to each other, regardless of the bullshit media frenzy.

To me, Axl's words when speaking to Del James...

There is zero possibility of me ever having anything to with Slash.

.... are more potent and powerful than any perpetual bullshit reunion speculation.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:49:09 PM by Bridge » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2015, 04:43:28 PM »

Sorry MR. EDDIE TRUNK,

When we say "by all accounts", that means ALL ACCOUNTS, meaning official, reliable sources like band members and/or their management.

This is the way I look at it too.  We've been listening to Guns N Roses reunion talks really since 1996.  Here we are, 19 years later, and the original lineup (or even an Axl/Slash show) has never resurfaced from the dead.  That doesn't excite me in the slightest.

I'm going to continue to play Devil's Advocate.  I still don't believe Axl and Slash have even spoken to each other, regardless of the bullshit media frenzy.

To me, Axl's words when speaking to Del James...

There is zero possibility of me ever having anything to with Slash.

.... are more potent and powerful than any perpetual bullshit reunion speculation.

But haven't you learned that things change? 

Remember the (pretty horrible) shit Axl said about Slash, Izzy, and Duff during the 02' tour?  Then what happened?  Izzy played a few shows in '06, Duff played a few shows and then played several full shows last year.  Slash was always going to be the fence that took the longest to mend.  Things change.
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2015, 05:10:50 PM »

I know I will have doubters when I say this, but about 4 years ago I was told by a source that this very type of thing was being looked at. Initially for 12 shows, but at the table things fell apart. I may have mentioned this here before, I really can't remember. I don't want to argue or answer people on this, I'm only telling something I heard from someone who worked with someone in the camp a while ago.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2015, 06:19:14 PM »

My mindset exactly, I don't get the fascination with rumors and heresay.   peace

"Shut the fuck up."
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2015, 06:29:42 PM »

This Theme Is Entertainment For Me

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Go Up Print