Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:16:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88677 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2015, 06:34:03 PM »

Of course nothing's for certain until Axl confirms it.

It's silly season and it's fun to speculate in rumors I think. As long as people take it for what it is, and just roll with it. If you take every rumor as fact you're setting yourself up for a lot of disappointments... But we already know that, right? Haha Smiley

I prefer facts rather than endless speculation. I dont see the fun in it to be honest.

My mindset exactly, I don't get the fascination with rumors and heresay.   peace

Only one thing to talk about the past year then. Dj leaving.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2015, 07:15:21 PM »

Can we give Eddie trunk a little benefit of the doubt this is a guy that had axl come in to his show unannounced has done interviews with the guy. I hardly think he would even remotely speculate on something that might burn a bridge to axl if it didn't have some legs behind it eddie trunk doesn't need to start some rumor to get attention he is a well known radio dj in the industry its not like fred durst trying to drop a line and get some notoriety since he hasn't been relative since early 00's. There are definitly things going on in the GNR world what they end up being who knows but i think we have some excitement building for the first time since they last performed.
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2015, 07:16:58 PM »

It's not totally different from Van Halen celebrating David and Sammy in one tour.  You could argue Sammy is the fake one, or you could just enjoy the damn thing.
Sounds like a great GNR option for me.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2015, 08:06:16 PM »

It's not totally different from Van Halen celebrating David and Sammy in one tour.  You could argue Sammy is the fake one, or you could just enjoy the damn thing.
Sounds like a great GNR option for me.

I think something will happen in the GNR world next year.... Axl will be central either way Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2015, 08:26:04 PM »

I'm definitely looking forward to this.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2015, 08:35:33 PM »

Slash isn't going to play second "fiddle" to any of the other GNR guitarists...An "All Star" tour, doubtful...Majority of the crowds want to hear the AFD/LIES/UYI material....Also Eddie Trunk has been talking about reunion offers for years..Several years ago it was there were two countries frets, 1 for the current GNR and a second for a Classic GNR..So who knows..
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2015, 10:56:29 PM »

Axl and Slash have been speaking terms almost a year now.  I don't think Eddie would intentionally bs his listening audience.  Obviously It is premature to announce anything.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2015, 12:47:59 AM »

It's silly season and it's fun to speculate in rumors I think. As long as people take it for what it is, and just roll with it. If you take every rumor as fact you're setting yourself up for a lot of disappointments... But we already know that, right? Haha Smiley

I prefer facts rather than endless speculation. I dont see the fun in it to be honest.

My mindset exactly, I don't get the fascination with rumors and heresay.   peace

Emily just peddles that same old tired line about waiting for official announcements to sound superior, the fact is, this rarely happens. One announcement every five years keeps her happy but if that's all we ever discussed this board would be a ghost town!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2015, 02:01:14 AM »

Emily just peddles that same old tired line about waiting for official announcements to sound superior, the fact is, this rarely happens. One announcement every five years keeps her happy but if that's all we ever discussed this board would be a ghost town!

Wrong again, I've already told you that interpreting things off the internet is not your forte', keep your day job troll.

There is nothing wrong with preferring official, actual news over a bunch of asanine speculations and rumors.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2015, 04:41:26 AM »

Wrong again, I've already told you that interpreting things off the internet is not your forte', keep your day job troll.

There is nothing wrong with preferring official, actual news over a bunch of asanine speculations and rumors.

The only thing asanine is you.
Perhaps you could do us all a favour and only comment when we get an official announcement then? Rather than give us your tired repeated "oh I don't like asanine unfounded gossip" crap???
Yet here you are... Day in, day out repeating yourself.
It's a little bit silly Emily.
Jussayin
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2015, 04:45:53 AM »

I never imagined seeing Duff playing with the latest GN'R but it happened.

I think 2016 is shaping up to be a interesting year and if I were to bet....I'm gonna say Slash is going to be involved.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2015, 04:51:26 AM »

I never imagined seeing Duff playing with the latest GN'R but it happened.

I think 2016 is shaping up to be a interesting year and if I were to bet....I'm gonna say Slash is going to be involved.

100% agree

To what extent though??? Hopefully it's more than just a guest appearance, would love to know whether Axl is in hiding to get himself physically in top condition to announce a reunion tour. That's my dream!
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2015, 05:51:18 AM »

My dream is a reunion tour of sorts (I'd be happy to see Frank & Richard up there) & somehow for the Chinese II songs to be released.

I'm wondering if "Stay of Execution" had been the banner under which Axl was going to release that stuff?? Kinda makes sense.

Slash wouldn't do a Izzy and just play a few songs- I'm sure it's a case of all or nothing.

If Slash makes his way into that top right image of this forum I will piss myself with laughter.

2016 here we come..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2015, 06:14:01 AM »

The only thing asanine is you.
Perhaps you could do us all a favour and only comment when we get an official announcement then? Rather than give us your tired repeated "oh I don't like asanine unfounded gossip" crap???
Yet here you are... Day in, day out repeating yourself.
It's a little bit silly Emily.
Jussayin

Why don't you just focus on your own posts and leave the moderating to others?  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2015, 08:39:37 AM »

It is a little ridiculous tho...

On both sides... please ignore Emily... if you don't like her posts... I try to... Smiley

But all we can do often times with this operation...is speculate... it is not "dangerous" to do so. So it's not necessary to chide people for speculating on something that is of interest to them.

I also would prefer to get an official announcement... I'm not holding my breath !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Annie
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2015, 09:11:55 AM »

The only problem is that some of these speculations are being presented as facts by some of the tabloidy and irresponsible journalists out there.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2015, 09:13:59 AM »

The only problem is that some of these speculations are being presented as facts by some of the tabloidy and irresponsible journalists out there.

That is true... but so what? We know there is nothing set in stone yet.

I'm not losing any sleep over something Blabbermouth prints.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Annie
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2015, 09:19:50 AM »

Maybe it is upsetting to the people who are actually in GNR.
And maybe this could damage the potential of any future collaborations.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2015, 09:23:48 AM »

And one person/group has the power to squash it... All Axl had to do is tweet his response if this is all false. This is what I'm talking about in the DJ thread... he has the chance and platform to control the message. If this is so off base and upsetting to the current 'camp' then address it. Hiding from it just lends a slightly higher level of credence to the rumor, because it is so easy to shoot down.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2015, 09:24:23 AM »

Maybe it is upsetting to the people who are actually in GNR.
And maybe this could damage the potential of any future collaborations.

Who is actually in GNR?

I thought there was a hiatus with no commitments to anyone... at least that's what I have read and heard.

I'm sorry I also know this is not popular with some of you... I'm not concerned with Chris Pittman or Frank Ferrers feelings, whose status might be up in the air.  Not any more than they are concerned for me.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: