Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88512 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #300 on: October 05, 2015, 06:34:39 PM »

It doesn`t matter. If those songs are locked in some deposite box. If we can`t listen to them it is the same as nothing. We are talking about a ghost or myth kind of album.

Sure. But doesn't mean they don't exist.  Smiley

^^^ and we've come full circle.

essentially whenever any fan says.. wheres the new album? the default line is now... "Axl Rose doesnt have to please you"...

Ive never heard this answer from any other artist or their close affiliates ever.

Its a ridiculous answer.  Roll Eyes

What's ridiculous is comparing the album to refugees. Come on!

If this wait is so horrible, take a break and do something constructive, Oscar.

/jarmo

I can agree with you on that part...

But its not worth getting your knickers in a knot over an analogy that maybe missed the mark.  Wink

Look, my point is... why do you feel so aggrieved that fans want new music? Like its some sort of hindrance? It makes no sense to me. Its not like these guys got an album last year? or the year before.. we are talking about 7 years and counting... and 1 album in 23 years +

I have plenty i can do.... but is that the way you treat fans? Loyal ones.. even after all this time? C'mon mate...  
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #301 on: October 05, 2015, 06:38:28 PM »

But its not worth getting your knickers in a knot over an analogy that maybe missed the mark.  Wink

Well, what does it say about a person when one makes that kind of comparison?
Time for a time out? It's fucking sad...  no

Look, my point is... why do you feel so aggrieved that fans want new music? Like its some sort of hindrance? It makes no sense to me. Its not like these guys got an album last year? or the year before.. we are talking about 7 years and counting... and 1 album in 23 years +

I have plenty i can do.... but is that the way you treat fans? Loyal ones.. even after all this time? C'mon mate...  

I have never said I have a problem with people wanting new music?
What is this? Groundhog Day?
Who told you that? Tell whoever told you that, that they are wrong.

Pay attention to what I say instead of jumping to conclusions.

I wanna hear new music too. Doesn't mean I'll start comparing human suffering to a new album!
It doesn't mean I'll spend every day between now and then feeling frustrated. Obviously this isn't true for some people. But what can you do?

Whatever the stats are, it is what it is. You're not gonna change it by whining about it day in and day out are you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #302 on: October 05, 2015, 06:44:55 PM »

I wanna hear new music too. Doesn't mean I'll start comparing human suffering to a new album!

Some people have a can do attitude.  Some don't.  Its as simple as that.

The easiest position to take is always going to be to talk yourself out of doing something.

But serious people find a way, every day in this world.  Unserious people...don't.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #303 on: October 05, 2015, 06:45:30 PM »

Well, what does it say about a person when one makes that kind of comparison?
Time for a time out? It's fucking sad...  no

I have never said I have a problem with people wanting new music?
What is this? Groundhog Day?
Who told you that? Tell whoever told you that, that they are wrong.

Pay attention to what I say instead of jumping to conclusions.

It doesn't mean I'll spend every day between now and then feeling frustrated. Obviously this isn't true for some people. But what can you do?

Whatever the stats are, it is what it is. You're not gonna change it by whining about it day in and day out are you?

/jarmo

Im honestly not the one whinging about CD2 mate. My personal feelings on CD2 are.. it doesnt bother me if it never sees the light of day. I have no emotional attachment to anyone that would be on that music beyond Axl.. I'd prefer to see Axl spend his time on the reunion (if there is one)... and if anything comes from that.. then it would beat CD2 for me. But hey... thats just me.

I'm just pointing out that even though CD2 doesnt mean a whole lot to me personally.. i can see how it does for others who feel frustrated. I dont think anyone on here thinks that whining about it every day is going to alter the outcome of when or if its released.. but it is a forum and people will always bring it up... thats just life.

You may have never said you have a problem with people wanting the new music specifically.. but you dont say or do anything that would lend anyone on here to believe you may be in the slightest bit sympathetic to the long waits. And thats where these arguments stem from IMO...

Yes.. comparing this to refugees is not cool. I agree with you.. but its hardly shocking to me that i would read this stuff on the internet.. a lot worse gets said.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #304 on: October 05, 2015, 06:55:28 PM »

The easiest position to take is always going to be to talk yourself out of doing something.

But serious people find a way, every day in this world.  Unserious people...don't.

Thank you Matt Foley, motivational speaker.

Yeah. Some people leave their homes because they have no other choice.
Axl Rose has choices and they don't appeal to you. Too bad for you....

You may have never said you have a problem with people wanting the new music specifically.. but you dont say or do anything that would lend anyone on here to believe you may be in the slightest bit sympathetic to the long waits. And thats where these arguments stem from IMO...

No, I only keep repeating the understanding I have for those who want to hear new music Ad nauseam...
Like I said, all topics seem to come back to the same handful issues. For those of us who've been around for a while, it gets boring to have the same "But we need a new album" discussion every month or so.

Yes.. comparing this to refugees is not cool. I agree with you.. but its hardly shocking to me that i would read this stuff on the internet.. a lot worse gets said.

This might be shocking to you. But the replies here are only comments on what I see here. Now I'm replying to your post.
Whatever was said on any other site, either by you or somebody else doesn't really matter to this particular post....  Wink

So yeah, I'm aware that worse things are said. Even more stupid things.
But that doesn't change the level of stupidity in that post. Hence, my response to it.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #305 on: October 05, 2015, 07:00:05 PM »

Yeah, he's showing me, I guess.

All he does is win, win, win.  No matter what.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #306 on: October 05, 2015, 07:13:18 PM »

Man just think of the traffic on this board if there is a full on reunion.   

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #307 on: October 05, 2015, 07:13:57 PM »

Its long past ridiculous. 

We live in a world where people traverse oceans in life rafts to escape terrible living situations...yet here we have a rich and pampered rock star that can't get a collection of long recorded songs released.

So much of life comes down to "want to".  You either do or you don't.

This is the most insane thing I've read on the forum in a long time.  Those things aren't comparable in any way.

What r u talking about? Axl should drop what he is doing just to caress some forumguys. Sky is falling man.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #308 on: October 05, 2015, 07:14:05 PM »

Who is Eddie trunk anyways?   I saw a interview with him on YouTube once and he really does have a radio face

Why is he such in the know?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #309 on: October 05, 2015, 07:15:25 PM »

It would be insane.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #310 on: October 05, 2015, 07:17:51 PM »

Thank you Matt Foley, motivational speaker.

No, I only keep repeating the understanding I have for those who want to hear new music Ad nauseam...
Like I said, all topics seem to come back to the same handful issues. For those of us who've been around for a while, it gets boring to have the same "But we need a new album" discussion every month or so.

This might be shocking to you. But the replies here are only comments on what I see here. Now I'm replying to your post.
Whatever was said on any other site, either by you or somebody else doesn't really matter to this particular post....  Wink

So yeah, I'm aware that worse things are said. Even more stupid things.
But that doesn't change the level of stupidity in that post. Hence, my response to it.  ok

/jarmo

Those handful of issues you don't like repeatedly brought up... some of them could be solved if someone in GNR land decided they cared enough to address them?

It's not like whoever is running this ship isnt aware of the main gripes of the long-serving fans of this band, yet nothing has been done to address any of them.. ever. Except for Fernando coming on here and that other site and saying he understood some of the gripes and concerns and that they were looking at them.  

In any other business, in just about any other industry, someone would address the key issues and at try to do something to appease such a loyal supporter base.. But No.. not GNR.

But anyway... its better to just berate the fans for bringing up these issues over and over again i guess.  
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #311 on: October 05, 2015, 07:33:07 PM »

It's worse situations. Duke Nukem won several vaporware awards. Tongue CD2-release was hinted not too long ago. IE If 2016 goes by w/o release we can start a riot.

Who is Eddie trunk anyways?   I saw a interview with him on YouTube once and he really does have a radio face

Why is he such in the know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8LEEtuO2oI

It would be insane.

Popfans r us smoking

hihi
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:35:15 PM by norway » Logged

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #312 on: October 05, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »

No one has shot this down after all this time. It happening or in the process of happening unless things fall through for whatever reason. I'd imagine there are a lot of things that can keep this from happening but if they want it to happen it will
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #313 on: October 05, 2015, 09:15:48 PM »

No one has shot this down after all this time. It happening or in the process of happening unless things fall through for whatever reason. I'd imagine there are a lot of things that can keep this from happening but if they want it to happen it will

I tend to agree. But i think its going to be a lot of work and it aint happening tomorrow. lol
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #314 on: October 05, 2015, 10:50:09 PM »

Yeah, he's showing me, I guess.

All he does is win, win, win.  No matter what.

Listen you dirty hair metal lover, everything Axl has done since 1996 has been the right thing and you shut up and like it.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #315 on: October 06, 2015, 12:46:11 AM »

It's not about going around trying to stir up trouble. As long as you're honest and you articulate what you believe to be true, somebody somewhere will become your enemy whether you like it or not.

Didn't Abraham Lincoln warn people about believing things on the internet?  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Annie
« Reply #316 on: October 06, 2015, 06:24:37 AM »

It's not about going around trying to stir up trouble. As long as you're honest and you articulate what you believe to be true, somebody somewhere will become your enemy whether you like it or not.

Didn't Abraham Lincoln warn people about believing things on the internet?  hihi
What a great post.  Makes me think of the goofy movie  Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter..  hihi
You know what I think would be cool. Has anybody ever seen the BEATLES LOVE show by Cirque Du Soleil? I think a GNR inspired Cirque du Soleil show would be totally awesome.  And a great way to showcase both classic and new songs. 

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:16:28 AM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #317 on: October 06, 2015, 06:32:48 AM »

But anyway... its better to just berate the fans for bringing up these issues over and over again i guess.  

Yeah, the old "poor me" always works.

"I want a new album!"
"I want a new album!"
"I want a new album!"
"I want a new album!"
"I want a new album!"

"We know. Please stop, you're boring."

"You hate the fans."

hihi

Listen you dirty hair metal lover, everything Axl has done since 1996 has been the right thing and you shut up and like it.

Good thing he has Bon Jovi to save the day!  ok

/jarmo

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #318 on: October 06, 2015, 06:44:08 AM »

Good thing he has Bon Jovi to save the day!  ok

He doesn't have hair anymore.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #319 on: October 06, 2015, 09:31:21 AM »

Although I usually roll my eyes at this concept, the reality is that this management team never says shit about shit, anyway.

Meaning, I wouldn't read too much into this either way.  We all know their phones don't dial out.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: