Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:03:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88498 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #260 on: October 05, 2015, 03:47:21 PM »

So you're saying you knew the album was coming out say in January 2008?

I'm saying I knew there were new songs because I had heard them for years.

And now you don't believe there are new songs because you didn't hear them?

/jarmo

I think he means do we know if Axl really cares to still release them this time around at this point. Well , I don't know if that's what he means, but that's what I take away from everything.

It's only natural to wonder if Axl is all about it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 03:50:19 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #261 on: October 05, 2015, 03:48:58 PM »

That was the part after. First he said the part I responded to.

This is a philosophical question!
If you can't touch, see or hear something. Can it exist? Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #262 on: October 05, 2015, 03:50:52 PM »

That was the part after. First he said the part I responded to.

This is a philosophical question!
If you can't touch, see or hear something. Can it exist? Wink

/jarmo

ha.. I have no doubt the songs exist... it's just whether we will ever touch, see or hear them... who knows?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #263 on: October 05, 2015, 03:58:19 PM »

Well, just thinking about what some of you expect. You expect a full promotional assault when the album is released.

Fair enough.

So keeping that in mind, do you think it would make sense to release the album tomorrow, when all signs we've gotten so far point to next year being busier than this year?
Do you think it would make more sense to release an album when there's touring plans or vice versa?

Just asking. Hypothetical questions....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: October 05, 2015, 04:05:25 PM »

Well, just thinking about what some of you expect. You expect a full promotional assault when the album is released.

Fair enough.

So keeping that in mind, do you think it would make sense to release the album tomorrow, when all signs we've gotten so far point to next year being busier than this year?
Do you think it would make more sense to release an album when there's touring plans or vice versa?

/jarmo

It would certainly be more ideal if the album did not simply "drop", similar to what happened with Chinese, with little to no real promotion.  I guess the concern here is that we have yet to see anything that would lead us to believe that in October of 2015, Axl is still serious about getting said album out to the fans.   

Last "official" word we got from Axl was a year and a half ago about how they were going to "look very seriously" at what they were doing in that regard after Vegas.  Which, again, ended almost a year and a half ago with no word from Axl or management about what's going on since.  That's....troubling.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #265 on: October 05, 2015, 04:10:17 PM »

Fair enough.

/jarmo

I gotta be honest... for me personally.. I don't care about the promotion.. I just want the record.. if there is not one interview ... or anything... Don't care...

As far as touring... without trying to sound like a broken record... I do not want to see another new cast of characters in Guns N Roses... playing a set they have nothing to do with....

So if there's anyway they can get Robin back... and really put together a set of some old stuff and a lot of CD songs and the new songs... that would be sick..

If not.. if you are going to have a set list consisting of mostly Appetite and Illusions... bring me the real thing.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: October 05, 2015, 04:12:42 PM »

Fair enough.

/jarmo

I gotta be honest... for me personally.. I don't care about the promotion.. I just want the record.. if there is not one interview ... or anything... Don't care...

As far as touring... without trying to sound like a broken record... I do not want to see another new cast of characters in Guns N Roses... playing a set they have nothing to do with....

So if there's anyway they can get Robin back... and really put together a set of some old stuff and a lot of CD songs and the new songs... that would be sick..

If not.. if you are going to have a set list consisting of mostly Appetite and Illusions... bring me the real thing.

Spot on, really.  It's just been too long. What, I wonder, is an "ideal" promotional plan for a hard rock album in 2016 anyway?  What kind of rollout can he/we/whoever expect?  Is it worth keeping this album buried for X number of years more?  At what point does "not compromising" become masturbation?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #267 on: October 05, 2015, 04:13:38 PM »

Some release of remastered songs and CD2 to coincide with a monster world tour with Slash Duff Richard whoever... that hybrid lineup we've all talked about would of course be jackpot...

One can dream right?

So if that's what is int he works... guys please take ur time cross all the T's... and don't screw this up !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #268 on: October 05, 2015, 04:13:59 PM »

So, because he hasn't said anything recently, it must mean he doesn't want to release it?

Another possibility is that he's not talking until everything is set in stone....

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: October 05, 2015, 04:15:32 PM »

So, because he hasn't said anything recently, it must mean he doesn't want to release it?

No, it doesn't.  But then again it doesn't exactly bode well for the opposite, does it?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #270 on: October 05, 2015, 04:20:55 PM »

Depends on your outlook on life I guess...  hihi

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: October 05, 2015, 04:23:36 PM »

Depends on your outlook on life I guess...  hihi

/jarmo

True.  I've said it before, for all we know management could be circling a 2016 release date as speak, with a final tracklisting that's just waiting for final mastering. 

...Or Axl could still be "sifting through" and dicking around with a mass of music that has yet to be formed into an actual, real deal, album.  We just don't know...Until we know.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #272 on: October 05, 2015, 04:25:15 PM »

And now you don't believe there are new songs because you didn't hear them?

I think Axl debuted those songs on the tours pre-CD because he was excited about them.

I don't think he debuted any new songs with the last line-up because he was not as excited about them as a group.

Its hard to find a real strong argument that he's super gung-ho on this.  And don't give me that horseshit about a masterplan, and plans change or any of that crap.

Things aren't happening because he doesn't want them to.  Pick a reason, but that's the bottom line.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #273 on: October 05, 2015, 04:26:39 PM »

True.  I've said it before, for all we know management could be circling a 2016 release date as speak, with a final tracklisting that's just waiting for final mastering. 

...Or Axl could still be "sifting through" and dicking around with a mass of music that has yet to be formed into an actual, real deal, album.  We just don't know...Until we know.

Well, we can guess, can't we?

Unless you are the type of person that thinks speculation should cease when the outlook ain't rosy.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #274 on: October 05, 2015, 04:30:52 PM »

Fair enough.

/jarmo

We are talking about the last couple of years of the band tour. They didn`t perform not even one new song!!! There was not one new song on some movie soundtrack either.

As I said before CDII doesn`t even have a name!!!

The current situation is that BBF and DJ are gone. And Tommy is most likely gone as well

How are we going to believe that a new album is coming up any time soon?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: October 05, 2015, 04:30:55 PM »

Its hard to find a real strong argument that he's super gung-ho on this.  And don't give me that horseshit about a masterplan, and plans change or any of that crap.

Things aren't happening because he doesn't want them to.  Pick a reason, but that's the bottom line.

So very much, this.  I've gotten this vibe ever since his "No idea and don't care" crack about the next album in his interview with Del several years back. That's why so many fans were stoked by his Golden Gods interview about the "second half of Chinese", only to seep back into the shadows and radio silence for 18 months and counting.  Where's the excitement and buzz?  Hell, in 2008 you could cut it with a knife, and that's with Axl not making any public appearances.

Now?  All the media cares about is a reunion that likely will not happen. Is the silence regarding GNR's future helping that?  Hell no.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #276 on: October 05, 2015, 04:47:57 PM »

All the media cares about is a reunion that likely will not happen.

When they perform a big gig with some new songs and new players or release a new album I think they got some attention yes

don't care about the promotion.. I just want the record..

Like gunnagirl, she just wants it too.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 04:57:13 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #277 on: October 05, 2015, 04:53:20 PM »

I think Axl debuted those songs on the tours pre-CD because he was excited about them.

I don't think he debuted any new songs with the last line-up because he was not as excited about them as a group.

I think you're wrong.
So he wasn't excited about There Was A Time until 2006? And Catcher In The Rye until 2009?

He's even mentioned song titles in the past and described songs...
You know that intro they used at some of the shows? It's from an unreleased song.

We are talking about the last couple of years of the band tour. They didn`t perform not even one new song!!! There was not one new song on some movie soundtrack either.

As I said before CDII doesn`t even have a name!!!

The current situation is that BBF and DJ are gone. And Tommy is most likely gone as well

How are we going to believe that a new album is coming up any time soon?

So? Does any of that mean there's no new songs?
Of course not. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 04:55:01 PM by jarmo » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: October 05, 2015, 04:58:48 PM »

Man, all I know is that if Axl is beyond stoked about the next album and getting it out, he has an awfully funny way of showing it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #279 on: October 05, 2015, 05:02:31 PM »

Man, all I know is that if Axl is beyond stoked about the next album and getting it out, he has an awfully funny way of showing it.

I guess it all comes down to the fact that some need reassurances. If they don't get them, then this is what happens....
Same thing happened in the past.

"This is the end", "there's no band", "the album's never coming out" and so on.

We go around in circles, until we come back to the name discussion, the setlist discussion and the one about the lack of promotion for CD....  rofl

Edited to add: So it seems like due to Eddie Trunk and his secret sources, you guys think a reunion is more likely than new music from GN'R?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:05:54 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: