Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk: "By all accounts, there's definitely stuff in motion"  (Read 88501 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: September 30, 2015, 08:06:10 AM »

From a recent interview Eddie did with Steven where they're discussing a GN'R reunion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waM0iqEFDZQ

Eddie's comments at 17:30

Eddie has heard from a very reliable source that venues are being put on hold for next year. There're indications that there will be shows with the Appetite line-up, but it might also include players from the Illusions-era and more recent players as well.

My opinion: With all that has gone down in recent times, I think this seems more and more likely by the day. A couple of years ago I would have blown this off in a second, but I must admit, even if we've heard very little from the people involved, going by the events (recent departures) and some comments here and there, I would say a reunion might be realistic.

If this happens, maybe it'll be sort of an "all-star" thing, with different players coming in for the songs they've been involved with and Axl is the only constant though the show. Going through the history of GNR with each show, it could be a very cool thing imo.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:04:21 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 08:34:04 AM »

i see an allstar line up happening as well
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 08:46:01 AM »

Who is his "very reliable source"?

When something is definitely happening, there will be official confirmation and announcements.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 08:51:39 AM »

Who is his "very reliable source"?

When something is definitely happening, there will be official confirmation and announcements.

The source was not a member of the band, that's all he said.

Sweetness is a virtue
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 09:08:03 AM »

I always pictured a Gnr carnival type of thing...wouldn't it be cool to see the modern lineup open for the classic lineup....with all the quality players, it could really be something.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Annie
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 09:42:15 AM »

Eddie Trunk isn't the smartest guy in the world. Wishing and presenting unfounded information as fact is not great journalism.  When I met him in Las Vegas he thought I had created my Hello Kitty Axl Rose tattoo. I'm like dude this picture was done by a famous artist for the Sanrio 50th -Anniversary show.
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 09:45:18 AM »

A GNR All-Star tour would be insane but I am just hoping for Slash to get back to be honest.

As for Eddie, I trust him on many things and with all that has gone on we have to believe "something" will happen soon. Lets just hope for a great 2016  peace

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 09:51:59 AM »

Eddie Trunk isn't the smartest guy in the world. Wishing and presenting unfounded information as fact is not great journalism.  When I met him in Las Vegas he thought I had created my Hello Kitty Axl Rose tattoo. I'm like dude this picture was done by a famous artist for the Sanrio 50th -Anniversary show.

To his defense, he didn't present it as something that is 100% certain of happening. He added a disclaimer that things might change, and it isn't something he knows for sure is set in stone.

He has contacts in the industry though, and has been in the game for many years, so I would think he knows who to trust and who not to trust. He wouldn't give his source though ? understandably, so it's hard for us to make a call on the validity of it.

Sweetness is a virtue
Princess Leia
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 09:55:10 AM »

I always pictured a Gnr carnival type of thing...wouldn't it be cool to see the modern lineup open for the classic lineup....with all the quality players, it could really be something.

If this is true it is insane. A reunion tour is a reunion tour not some carnival mix of line up.

It could be risky. There is no guarantee that everyone in attendance is going to like to see the new GN`R line up also performing on stage. Those people could boo them. Or worst, they could riot
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 10:12:42 AM »

Slash won't attend a carnival thing. And I really doubt Axl will do something like this, he's a smart business man: why should he pay so many people on stage, when he can fullfill all the stadiums worldwide only with the classic line up?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 10:19:20 AM »

This sounds encouraging.  Its hard not to get excited.

I can't see more than one line-up playing the shows though.  Maybe in town X or town Y, you bring up Gilby for a tune, or what have you.

But I think they'll pick a band and go with it, of they do it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 10:33:27 AM »

for the record, my "carnival" comment was all fun and games...the whole thing is still a pipe dream in my opinion. Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 10:42:28 AM »

Well what is more likely ?

A)a full Chinese Democracy reunion with Brain, Robin, Buckethead and Paul

B) a completely new Guns n Roses , two new guitar players and a new bass player, because lets face it... the most stable touring lineup GNR ever had is long gone

C) or a reunion with Slash, Duff and possibly Izzy with some other sprinkled in

I gotta think the latter is more likely at this point. usually when there is a lot of smoke, there's a fire.

There is just so much legal nonsense to sort thru to get them all on stage together, that it's going to take a perfect storm for it to come to fruition... fingers are crossed. Combined that with all of our hope that CD 2 sees the light of day... there's just no way to predict anything... it is fun to talk about doe.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 10:44:05 AM »

The thing that supports a rotating cast of players in a "all-star tour" would be the fact that Richard, Frank and maybe Tommy seems to still be on board for the future of Guns. If there's a plan for a reunion of sorts, and these members are still a part of GNR, my guess is they are kept for either filling in blanks in a reunion line-up or will be present for performances of newer stuff.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 10:46:46 AM »

Combined that with all of our hope that CD 2 sees the light of day...

Let's just hope that anything that happens from here on doesn't prevent a release of CD 2. That would be depressing... for me at least.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 10:49:56 AM »

Combined that with all of our hope that CD 2 sees the light of day...

Let's just hope that anything that happens from here on doesn't prevent a release of CD 2. That would be depressing... for me at least.

My personal feeling is that Axl would not shelve it just to do a tour with Slash.

I think it would come out regardless, along with remastered records from the past. the history of GNR... that kinda thing.

You know... assuming the record company lets him  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 10:57:53 AM »

Could this just be due to promoters reading the news and starting putting together offers?
I mean, a "Hey! Look, we could book you into these venues and you'd make that much!" kind of deal.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 11:01:03 AM »

Could this just be due to promoters reading the news and starting putting together offers?
I mean, a "Hey! Look, we could book you into these venues and you'd make that much!" kind of deal.....

/jarmo

100 percent

But if we say that, and dismiss everything... what fun would that be?  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 11:01:41 AM »

/jarmo

Could very well be. Eddie probably has a lot of promoter contacts.

Sweetness is a virtue
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 11:46:33 AM »

/jarmo

Could very well be. Eddie probably has a lot of promoter contacts.

I'd like to think that Eddie's contact is more than just a promoter.  Eddie's been very guarded about discussing Guns...probably b/c he doesn't want to upset Axl and wants another interview...so I think he would only go public with information if he really trusted the source.  Promoters, as we all know from being fans of this band, are not to be trusted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: