Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:07:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Get well soon Richard!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Get well soon Richard!  (Read 4883 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: September 27, 2015, 08:43:59 PM »

Posted on The Dead Daisies Facebook:

Unfortunately Richard Fortus has had a bit of a motorcycle accident recently and will not be able to make the Australian KISS tour. We wish him a speedy recovery and he will definitely be 'back on deck' for The KISS Kruise.

“I was involved in a motorcycle accident recently and as a result, I not be able to make the tour. The doctors say I will make a full recovery. I'm devastated that I will not be able to play to the Australian and New Zealand fans, who have been so supportive and loyal. Thank to everyone for their well-wishes.” - Richard Fortus

Amazing rock player extraordinaire from the Baby Animals Music, Dave Leslie, will jump in and play these dates. Dave is busy learning the tunes and can't wait to get out there and play with The Daisies.

“Richard Fortus is an amazing guitar player and I'm really thrilled to be asked to cover for him. I am going to have to pack an extra bag of socks, because his are extremely big shoes to fill!”- Dave Leslie

https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadDaisies/

Richard Fortus
8 mins ·

Since The Dead Daisies have now announced that I am not going to be able to do the Australian tour, I'd like to share my statement here-

On September 17, 2015, I was involved in a motorcycle accident. As a result, I broke my shoulder blade, collar bone, six ribs, a toe, I have a bruised lung, lacerated liver and a concussion.

Amazingly, my doctors have assured me that I will make a full recovery. I have never missed a show in my entire career and unfortunately, I will have to miss the entire Australian and New Zealand leg of this tour. I am devastated that I will not be able to play for the Australian and New Zealand fans, who have been so supportive and loyal.

I am healing quickly and getting stronger by the day. I'm looking forward to rejoining the Daisies for the KISS Kruise as well as the Whitesnake tour and our own tour of the UK and France.

I’d like to thank everyone for their well-wishes and can’t wait to be back in Australia very soon. rf

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 09:30:43 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 09:17:25 PM »

Hope he's ok.  Has he discussed the extent of his injuries?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
hRob
Rocker

The Defender of the Opera

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 09:22:21 PM »

Hope he's ok.  Has he discussed the extent of his injuries?

"On September 17, 2015, I was involved in a motorcycle accident. As a result, I broke my shoulder blade, collar bone, six ribs, a toe, I have a bruised lung, lacerated liver and a concussion."

13/6/2006 Prague, 27/9/2010 Prague, 13/7/2012 Pie?ťany, 4/7/2017 Prague
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 09:29:01 PM »

Get well Richard, u got that izzy and ron wood -mojo yo peace

On September 17, 2015, I was involved in a motorcycle accident. As a result, I broke my shoulder blade, collar bone, six ribs, a toe, I have a bruised lung, lacerated liver and a concussion."

Oh god... ><

If he is anticipated to get full recovery then he is a lucky fucking bastard. This sounds like it was a serious accident.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 09:34:09 PM »

Get well soon, Richard!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 10:52:28 PM »

aww damn. so shitty. sorry to hear about that. hope he is doing ok. you are the man richard! your solo on the a.f.d. dvd blows everyone away every time i show it to them. i always turn to them at that time and say "oh but what will axl do without slash?" in a joking tone. nothing against slash, but you are the ultimate badass ever. please get better soon!!!!! you play so good that it makes you look like a cartoon character! hang in there!!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 04:44:40 AM »

I?d like to thank everyone for their well-wishes and can?t wait to be back in Australia very soon. rf

So you'd like to be back in Australia but how about being back in New Zealand?

It just never ceases to amaze that people just ignore NZ like it's not there because we have Australia.

No worries, it happens to the bestest as well. Get well soon beer
Annie
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 12:15:47 PM »

Get well soon Richard! Liver lacerations are a bitch!
Princess Leia
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 12:28:57 PM »

Get well Richard, u got that izzy and ron wood -mojo yo peace

On September 17, 2015, I was involved in a motorcycle accident. As a result, I broke my shoulder blade, collar bone, six ribs, a toe, I have a bruised lung, lacerated liver and a concussion."

Oh god... ><

If he is anticipated to get full recovery then he is a lucky fucking bastard. This sounds like it was a serious accident.

Izzy? Ron Wood? A motorcycle accident tells me his mojo is a lot closer to Gilby Clarke than to those guys.

Boy! it was a really nasty accident and he will need a lot of time to recover.  I hope he at least gets a hot nurse to take care of him, so this mess  would be worthy.

Good luck dude and be thankfull to be alive
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 03:16:26 PM »

Wow, that all sounds horrible.

Motorcycles scare the crap out of my for that very reason.  Even a "minor" accident on one of those things is a bitch.

Get well soon.  Sounds like its going to be an ordeal.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 04:59:27 PM »

Wow, that all sounds horrible.

Motorcycles scare the crap out of my for that very reason.  Even a "minor" accident on one of those things is a bitch.

Get well soon.  Sounds like its going to be an ordeal.

I agree, with motorcycles it often doesn't matter how careful you are, a distracted driver in a car, truck, or on another motorcycle can change your life forever very quickly.

Get well soon Richard, can't wait to hear you out there playing again.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 05:22:52 PM »

Get well soon Richard!

Hope for a speedy recovery.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 07:35:56 PM »

Scary stuff.

I hope that Richard recovers as much as possible.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 09:39:28 PM »

Get well soon Fortus! I know of someone who was involved in a motorcycle accident the weekend before Labor Day. A driver of a BMW blacked out and lost control of the car. It hit two motorcycles. The couple I knew  were on the  motorcycle. The woman is in bad shape. Doctors had to transplant muscles to save her leg. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 07:25:35 AM »

Richard posted some photos: https://www.facebook.com/richard.fortus/media_set?set=a.10153168217933302.1073741861.555203301&type=3&pnref=story

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 10:31:56 PM »

John Corabi gives an update on Richard's recovery in this interview from Australia:

@2:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwJB_SyzGGI

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 03:29:48 PM »

So, they said Richard would be back for the cruise? I think that one's at the end of October.

/jarmo

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 04:03:35 PM »

i think richard said he'd be back for the cruise also, didn't he?

Chinese Democracy!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 05:25:49 PM »

I think so.

/jarmo

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 06:33:46 PM »

He must be making a good recovery - good on him.  I broke my clavicle last year in a car accident (hit n run...fuckers) and was all bashed up - took me a good couple of months of physio and rest to get back to normal.  It's the shock from any kind of RTA that takes time to heal too.  Really hope he's getting lots of rest n recovery time - having a goal, like this cruise and future gig plans will no doubt help.  Get well soon Fortus!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: