Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:53:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sebastian Bach Plans To Record Song DJ Ashba Wrote For Axl
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sebastian Bach Plans To Record Song DJ Ashba Wrote For Axl  (Read 13143 times)
Annie
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2015, 03:56:51 PM »

These guys who play with Axl over the years... they really can't win...

No matter what... they all get bashed...

I appreciate the fact that he made it clear , unlike Ron and Tommy who just hinted at what we all believe anyway.

These guys don't owe the world to Axl Rose for all eternity. if he wants to tell his fanbase he moved on, he has every right.

I am not disputing that.  It's just he could have shown more respect to his friendship with Axl by being more discrete. I have known extreme betrayal from coworkers who I thought were friends.  It is very hard to work in an environment where you hold people's lives in your hands when you don't know who has your back. So when I see somebody betray an artist whose work has had a great impact on my life,it upsets me.  But we can agree to disagree

Well do you know that DJ did not get Axl's blessing to put that out there?

Unless you know for fact that he showed Axl, Axl asked him not to write it... and he still did ..

Then there is no betrayal here.

It does not take a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon to know that he did not have Axl's blessing to put out that letter .truth!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2015, 04:07:26 PM »

I appreciate the fact that he made it clear , unlike Ron and Tommy who just hinted at what we all believe anyway.

These guys don't owe the world to Axl Rose for all eternity. if he wants to tell his fanbase he moved on, he has every right.

I am not disputing that.  It's just he could have shown more respect to his friendship with Axl by being more discrete. I have known extreme betrayal from coworkers who I thought were friends.  It is very hard to work in an environment where you hold people's lives in your hands when you don't know who has your back. So when I see somebody betray an artist whose work has had a great impact on my life,it upsets me.  But we can agree to disagree

Unless you know for fact that he showed Axl, Axl asked him not to write it... and he still did ..

It does not take a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon to know that he did not have Axl's blessing to put out that letter .truth!

Well again.. you don't know that.. but either way..

Like you said... agree to disagree. Can't please everybody.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Annie
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2015, 04:20:19 PM »

Well again.. you don't know that.. but either way..

Like you said... agree to disagree. Can't please everybody.
I can say with almost total certainty that if he had any respect for his friendship with Axl he would not have put out such a narcissist self serving public declaration that he knew would be read by millions of people around the world . I sincerely doubt a private person like Axl appreciated thAt public spectacle !
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2015, 06:01:08 PM »

I can say with almost total certainty that if he had any respect for his friendship with Axl he would not have put out such a narcissist self serving public declaration that he knew would be read by millions of people around the world . I sincerely doubt a private person like Axl appreciated thAt public spectacle !

You can't say that at all with total certainty, because absolutely nothing regarding DJ has come from the band... they quickly addressed Ron after the DJ announcement, but I have a feeling that if this was such a sour point for Axl we would have gotten something like the 2003 or 2004 Axl email about Bucket.

I also would pump the brakes a bit on 2 things:

1. Millions of people did not read that hand written note, millions of people don't even know who DJ is... and please don't find some video of him playing Sweet Child O Mine on you tube with 3 million views... That is 'some guy' playing guitar in a Guns N' Roses video to the vast majority of people who found it searching for Guns N' Roses.

2. Quit it with the 'sell your soul for fame' crap... this is a business, DJ is past the point of his life where he needs to be eating Spaghetti O's in his crack house apartment, he deserves the right to actually feed himself and his wife and live comfortably. Again look at the comments and actions of Dizzy in the recent past... HOF tickets are too expensive for the keyboard player of Guns N' Roses? He needed to crowd source the payment of his daughters college? If you believe the numbers you read in places like Chinese Whispers, these guys were not paid piles of money... I make more money than some of them according to those documents. A little self serving and self promotion goes along way... They aren't all Axl Rose living off of historic back catalog money and what must be his much larger chunk of touring money as the sole partner in this band.

If you want to control the message, deliver it... get in front of it. This is what leads to the wildfire of articles and internet posts about a reunion... if it isn't true (which it probably isn't) just fucking respond to it. If Axl and Slash did thaw their frosty relationship, but there is no professional relationship coming out of it... Just say it in 144 characters or less. Use twitter for more than cat/dog pictures and hard to decipher sarcastic political posts.

**EDIT** I love Axl... I love Guns N' Roses (in all forms)... BUT I cannot muster the energy to feel bad for Axl when he has the ability to address all of this. I'm sure the hand written note was not the point where Axl learned DJ was leaving, if he wanted to position it differently than DJ he had the ability and means to do so... if he doesn't like how it went down, shame on him.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:08:35 PM by C0ma » Logged
Annie
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2015, 06:11:14 PM »

Coma we can agree to disagree. Since Rollingstone picked up on the note it was read by people all around the world. Maybe not millions. But a lot. I still stand by my belief that a simple and polite departure note would have been more appropriate.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2015, 07:18:42 PM »

It's obvious isn't it???
He said he was a nurse who saw DJ play live one time and he looked into his eyes and saw through his soul as he played on stage.
And he knew!
He knows, dammit!
He knows!
Annie
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2015, 07:25:15 PM »

It's obvious isn't it???
He said he was a nurse who saw DJ play live one time and he looked into his eyes and saw through his soul as he played on stage.
And he knew!
He knows, dammit!
He knows!
I am a silly girl with an Elle Woods personality.  But yeah. Something like that . It's also called street smarts . Oh and I made eye contact with him at the Brooklyn Bowl and the Golden Gods.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:34:31 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2015, 09:53:51 PM »

I went back and read DJ's letter.

I must be reading a different letter.
He gives credit where credit is due, he explains why he leaves.
I don't see anything arrogant or narcissistic, he mostly talks about other people, not himself.
The letter is not that long, its close in lenght to Axl's letter about buckethead leaving.

Huh

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Annie
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2015, 09:59:59 PM »

I went back and read DJ's letter.

I must be reading a different letter.
He gives credit where credit is due, he explains why he leaves.
I don't see anything arrogant or narcissistic, he mostly talks about other people, not himself.
The letter is not that long, its close in lenght to Axl's letter about buckethead leaving.

Huh
We can agree to disagree. Life has taught me that things are not always what they seem to be. peace
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:02:07 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2015, 10:15:31 PM »

I really think it wouldnt matter what the poor guy wrote... someone would be unhappy.

FFS this board (me included) screams out on a day to day basis for information from ANYONE involved in this band to get some inkling of an idea of whats going on.. and the moment one person does so.. we have the opposite reaction.

It literally makes no sense to me, that someone can complain about that letter. I am no fan of DJ as ive stated a lot of times on here, but the guy wrote a letter that was sincere, addressed the key points that most people would be interested in and thanked the guy that gave him the opportunity. Whats the problem? Its a far better option than every time he gets interviewed being asked the same questions about the reasons for leaving and giving innocuous answers that created endless speculation for the rest of his life which is what BBF is going through now.

You know what... heres a tough line.. Axl does what is best for Axl, why shouldnt anyone else be allowed to do whats best for them? So what if it creates a bit of traffic on twitter account and is "self serving" to a point... it was polite.. and still done the right way.. surely you dont think Axl is sitting in his loungeroom with a therapist over this? And if he is.. then he needs more then a therapist.  Tongue

Annie
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2015, 10:21:47 PM »

I really think it wouldnt matter what the poor guy wrote... someone would be unhappy.

FFS this board (me included) screams out on a day to day basis for information from ANYONE involved in this band to get some inkling of an idea of whats going on.. and the moment one person does so.. we have the opposite reaction.

It literally makes no sense to me, that someone can complain about that letter. I am no fan of DJ as ive stated a lot of times on here, but the guy wrote a letter that was sincere, addressed the key points that most people would be interested in and thanked the guy that gave him the opportunity. Whats the problem? Its a far better option than every time he gets interviewed being asked the same questions about the reasons for leaving and giving innocuous answers that created endless speculation for the rest of his life which is what BBF is going through now.

You know what... heres a tough line.. Axl does what is best for Axl, why shouldnt anyone else be allowed to do whats best for them? So what if it creates a bit of traffic on twitter account and is "self serving" to a point... it was polite.. and still done the right way.. surely you dont think Axl is sitting in his loungeroom with a therapist over this? And if he is.. then he needs more then a therapist.  Tongue

In No way did I insinuate that Axl needed therapy over this letter. I still believe the letter was staged. On the surface it was nice, but there was a sinister subtext IMO. It's just my opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2015, 10:23:48 PM »

In No way did I insinuate that Axl needed therapy over this letter. I still believe the letter was staged. On the surface it was nice, but there was a sinister subtext IMO. It's just my opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.

no worries.  Wink
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2015, 11:05:07 PM »

Sinister Subtext? Are you serious??? This is a band, not a CIA black site... what did this letter do to 'undermine' Axl, or GnR? The clarity of this letter is what has been missing from this band for decades. Why does everything need to be treated like an issue of national security?
Annie
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2015, 11:13:00 PM »

Sinister Subtext? Are you serious??? This is a band, not a CIA black site... what did this letter do to 'undermine' Axl, or GnR? The clarity of this letter is what has been missing from this band for decades. Why does everything need to be treated like an issue of national security?
As a heart attack. I think N6 was behind it. DJ could have said these things to Axl privately.  Again just my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:14:37 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2015, 11:40:07 PM »

As a heart attack. I think N6 was behind it. DJ could have said these things to Axl privately.  Again just my opinion.

Maybe he did, maybe he wanted the fans to know how he felt about Axl. In order not to have haters that may have said that he was ungrateful, or a quitter.

Annie
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2015, 11:49:43 PM »

Maybe he did, maybe he wanted the fans to know how he felt about Axl. In order not to have haters that may have said that he was ungrateful, or a quitter.

I would believe that if he had written a less dramatic over the top letter. Again this is just my opinion. 
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2015, 11:56:51 PM »

I would believe that if he had written a less dramatic over the top letter. Again this is just my opinion. 

Maybe what you think is dramatic, and over the top is actually just him trying to write what is without a doubt a very difficult letter to write.
I see nothing dramatic and over the top and I agree with others that it is far better than the BBF fiasco.

Annie
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2015, 12:05:28 AM »

In No way did I insinuate that Axl needed therapy over this letter. I still believe the letter was staged. On tqhe surface it was nice, but there was a sinister subtext IMO. It's just my opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.

Maybe what you think is dramatic, and over the top is actually just him trying to write what is without a doubt a very difficult letter to write.
I see nothing dramatic and over the top and I agree with others that it is far better than the BBF fiasco.

We can agree to disagree. I just feel in my heart that the letter was insincere. Call it women's intuition.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2015, 10:20:10 AM »

In No way did I insinuate that Axl needed therapy over this letter. I still believe the letter was staged. On tqhe surface it was nice, but there was a sinister subtext IMO. It's just my opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.

We can agree to disagree. I just feel in my heart that the letter was insincere. Call it women's intuition.

An insincere letter which tells the truth. Call it paradox.
Annie
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2015, 10:29:50 AM »

An insincere letter which tells the truth. Call it paradox.
Yes. That he was never Axl's friend . It was all just an illusion.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 10:34:19 AM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: