Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:14:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sebastian Bach Plans To Record Song DJ Ashba Wrote For Axl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sebastian Bach Plans To Record Song DJ Ashba Wrote For Axl  (Read 13124 times)
Annie
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 06:46:14 PM »

DJ ASHBA's resignation was polite and positive, and diplomatic.

But I can't help but think it had to come with a few letdowns, he wanted to write Guns N Roses music. And I was excited for that, and it seemed he was excited for that too.
I wonder what happened between that excitement ha had and now.

I disagree. I think his departure was contrived and self serving.

care to elaborate on that ?

Yes. Everybody knows that Axl Rose is a very private person.  If DJ wanted to leave GNR in a respectful way he would have done it quietly.  That letter he wrote was something a teenage girl would write to secure her vote for homecoming queen. He used Axl's name and the GNR name to garner attention for himself  Hell Rollingstone and a lot of major magazines picked up on it. It was nice on the surface but it was a very insensitive and calculated move on his part
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 08:36:46 PM »

But I can't help but think it had to come with a few letdowns, he wanted to write Guns N Roses music. And I was excited for that, and it seemed he was excited for that too.

Yes. Everybody knows that Axl Rose is a very private person.  If DJ wanted to leave GNR in a respectful way he would have done it quietly.  That letter he wrote was something a teenage girl would write to secure her vote for homecoming queen. He used Axl's name and the GNR name to garner attention for himself  Hell Rollingstone and a lot of major magazines picked up on it. It was nice on the surface but it was a very insensitive and calculated move on his part

I completely disagree. He got out in front of what was quickly becoming an issue. Nikki and DJ announced the plan for Sixx AM and immediately his status in GnR was being mentioned and questioned. This is his livelihood, if Axl wants to hide in the shadows, so be it... but DJ doesn't have to suffer for it.

If you look at comments made by Dizzy as an example regarding HOF ticket prices and his 'Go Fund Me' set up for his daughters schooling, it is fairly obvious that during downtime, these guys (minus Axl) aren't exactly rolling in cash. DJ is now doing what he wants: writing music, releasing new material, and performing regularly.

I get that at the end of the day this band is much like a Chinese Democracy, but there is no reason for a member that isn't in the band and has an active social media presence to hide from his status if he is out.
Annie
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 08:55:03 PM »

I completely disagree. He got out in front of what was quickly becoming an issue. Nikki and DJ announced the plan for Sixx AM and immediately his status in GnR was being mentioned and questioned. This is his livelihood, if Axl wants to hide in the shadows, so be it... but DJ doesn't have to suffer for it.

If you look at comments made by Dizzy as an example regarding HOF ticket prices and his 'Go Fund Me' set up for his daughters schooling, it is fairly obvious that during downtime, these guys (minus Axl) aren't exactly rolling in cash. DJ is now doing what he wants: writing music, releasing new material, and performing regularly.

I get that at the end of the day this band is much like a Chinese Democracy, but there is no reason for a member that isn't in the band and has an active social media presence to hide from his status if he is out.
He could have made a simple statement. That over the top handwritten letter was so staged. And in my mind, insincere.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 10:53:53 PM »

He could have made a simple statement. That over the top handwritten letter was so staged. And in my mind, insincere.

Nah, I disagree. He's a cool guy who means well even if it doesn't always come out the correct way. Of course I could be wrong but I just don't see a calculating bitch in him.

He's written stuff he wants the world to listen to and is frustrated that it's not happening. I want to hear this and if it's not possible with Axl why not ask someone else then.
Annie
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 11:46:29 PM »

Nah, I disagree. He's a cool guy who means well even if it doesn't always come out the correct way. Of course I could be wrong but I just don't see a calculating bitch in him.

He's written stuff he wants the world to listen to and is frustrated that it's not happening. I want to hear this and if it's not possible with Axl why not ask someone else then.
I was a huge DJ Ashba fan until he wrote that letter. I even attended a Sixx Am concert and made eye contact with him from the balcony. He was lit up like a Christmas tree. He loved being on the stage. I even liked a few of their songs. It's just after years of being a critical care nurse working with people from all races and socioeconomic classes. I am a pretty good judge of character.  You also learn to read people when you ride the CTA on a regular basis.  I think he was heavily influenced by N6 to make a grandiose exit to garner publicity for Sixx Am .
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 12:18:59 AM »

I think he was heavily influenced by N6 to make a grandiose exit to garner publicity for Sixx Am .

I'm a firm science believer and don't believe in stupid conspiracies or false information.

Now that you say why you think that was the case it makes me think that doesn't sound too far-fetched. We just don't know the truth and he will never admit if he was influenced or not. Or maybe in a book thirty years later but not now.
Annie
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 01:25:48 AM »

I think he was heavily influenced by N6 to make a grandiose exit to garner publicity for Sixx Am .

I'm a firm science believer and don't believe in stupid conspiracies or false information.

Now that you say why you think that was the case it makes me think that doesn't sound too far-fetched. We just don't know the truth and he will never admit if he was influenced or not. Or maybe in a book thirty years later but not now.
I don't personally know Axl or DJ. But from the outside looking in, it seemed like they were friends as well as band mates.  If DJ truly cared about Axl's feelings as a friend, he would have written a simple and polite departure statement.  Not put on a big narcissistic show .
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 01:56:12 AM »

I'm no fan of DJ...but you're clutching...  Undecided
Annie
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 02:10:15 AM »

I'm no fan of DJ...but you're clutching...  Undecided
We can agree to disagree.  But I stand by my belief that his letter was a calculated move to promote himself and Sixx Am .
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2015, 02:30:56 AM »

We can agree to disagree.  But I stand by my belief that his letter was a calculated move to promote himself and Sixx Am .

We surely were or are under the impression that they are really good mates outside work as well. If this was a calculated move they've never really been friends and something weird went down and had been going on earlier as well.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2015, 08:14:01 AM »

well everything public is a calculate move anyway.
he had to clarify, he used the best way to do it and promote his futures projects, no big deal.

you can't blame Ron to not clarify a situation and at the same time blaming DJ to do it.

different personalities, different ways to deal with a departure, but nothing wrong with that.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Annie
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2015, 08:33:53 AM »

well everything public is a calculate move anyway.
he had to clarify, he used the best way to do it and promote his futures projects, no big deal.

you can't blame Ron to not clarify a situation and at the same time blaming DJ to do it.

different personalities, different ways to deal with a departure, but nothing wrong with that.

Yes but when a person offered you the chance of a lifetime you could show a little more respect if you choose to go your separate ways. There was a line in the old movie Steel Magnolias that I love.  I'd rather have a few moments of wonderful then a whole lifetime of just so/so.  Sixx Am will never reach the level of success as GNR. N6 says he has a quest for world domination.  Sixx Am has a few good songs but they pale in comparison to the greatness that is GNR!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 08:41:12 AM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Annie
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2015, 08:44:51 AM »

We surely were or are under the impression that they are really good mates outside work as well. If this was a calculated move they've never really been friends and something weird went down and had been going on earlier as well.
And I am sure that was quite devastating for a generous person like Axl who trusted this person
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2015, 12:17:27 PM »

And I am sure that was quite devastating for a generous person like Axl who trusted this person

Devastating? Trusted? What did DJ do to Axl here... He has fans that follow him on Twitter and Facebook he updated them on his status in the same level of detail that he shares many of his personal and professional items. It is completely asinine to think that former members of your band are going to no comment everything to do with your band to death. He didn't bad mouth Axl, the band, or the management in any way. He simply stated that an opportunity presented itself that gives the ability to focus his creativity in different ways and that he had to explore it fully, he thanked Axl for the opportunity he was given over the past several years.

You have shared your displeasure in his tactics here, what (in detail) do you think he should have done?

*Edit* ALSO... Of course it was self serving to release a letter stating that he was out of Guns N' Roses and to shift attention to his new primary project Sixx AM. I know several people like to ignore this fact... This is a business, they make money doing this. You can't be in Sixx AM or Guns N Roses and also be a doctor or a lawyer and give your clients/patients  the attention they deserve while giving your band the attention it needs to be successful. It is very easy for Axl to stick to his 'guns' and work at his own pace to create his 'art' while he sits on a pile of money flowing in from the success of the original/classic line up and their albums.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:24:08 PM by C0ma » Logged
Annie
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2015, 12:28:57 PM »

Devastating? Trusted? What did DJ do to Axl here... He has fans that follow him on Twitter and Facebook he updated them on his status in the same level of detail that he shares many of his personal and professional items. It is completely asinine to think that former members of your band are going to no comment everything to do with your band to death. He didn't bad mouth Axl, the band, or the management in any way. He simply stated that an opportunity presented itself that gives the ability to focus his creativity in different ways and that he had to explore it fully, he thanked Axl for the opportunity he was given over the past several years.

You have shared your displeasure in his tactics here, what (in detail) do you think he should have done?

*Edit* ALSO... Of course it was self serving to release a letter stating that he was out of Guns N' Roses and to shift attention to his new primary project Sixx AM. I know several people like to ignore this fact... This is a business, they make money doing this. You can't be in Sixx AM or Guns N Roses and also be a doctor or a lawyer and give your clients/patients  the attention they deserve while giving your band the attention it needs to be successful. It is very easy for Axl to stick to his 'guns' and work at his own pace to create his 'art' while he sits on a pile of money flowing in from the success of the original/classic line up and their albums.
I agree with Lord Stan that there were things going on behind the scenes that none of us are aware of. I just think he could have released a simple statement.  I don't care what anybody says.  That over the top letter was an attention seeking move to garner publicity. The way N6 immediately tweeted his approval also speaks volumes. The fact that he publically gushed on and on about Axl being a hero was insincere. The power of Axl's name gave notice to his "new" project  if his new project is so great . Let it speak for itself
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:32:50 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2015, 03:12:35 PM »

I agree with Lord Stan that there were things going on behind the scenes that none of us are aware of. I just think he could have released a simple statement.  I don't care what anybody says.  That over the top letter was an attention seeking move to garner publicity. The way N6 immediately tweeted his approval also speaks volumes. The fact that he publically gushed on and on about Axl being a hero was insincere. The power of Axl's name gave notice to his "new" project  if his new project is so great . Let it speak for itself

I fail to see why an attention seeking move to garner publicity is such a bad thing. As someone else said, its also business, he had to inform fans he wasnt no longer working with the GNR project, so they can find him at the Sixx Am project. Its rather simple. Maybe what you don't like is him talking too nicely about Axl, but those kind of gestures are always awkward. It's like ending a relationship with a girlfriend saying I love you but I can't be with you. Its true, but its awkward, and can also be seen as insincere, even though the motive probably isn't. Its never pretty.

Some people criticized Ron for not saying anything and now that DJ says something some people don't like it either? You can't please everyone.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Annie
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2015, 03:18:15 PM »

I fail to see why an attention seeking move to garner publicity is such a bad thing. As someone else said, its also business, he had to inform fans he wasnt no longer working with the GNR project, so they can find him at the Sixx Am project. Its rather simple. Maybe what you don't like is him talking too nicely about Axl, but those kind of gestures are always awkward. It's like ending a relationship with a girlfriend saying I love you but I can't be with you. Its true, but its awkward, and can also be seen as insincere, even though the motive probably isn't. Its never pretty.

Some people criticized Ron for not saying anything and now that DJ says something some people don't like it either? You can't please everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/Maktabtakdotnet/photos/a.182940228563201.1073741844.145147315675826/314677818722774/?type=1
Because Axl Rose is a very private person and like I said as an outsider looking in he and Axl  seemed. Like they were friends as well as business associates.  Putting out an insincere publicity seeking self serving statement is in my mind one of the ultimate betrayals of a friendship.  But we can agree to disagree. Most people will sell their souls for celebrity.  DJ Ashba has proven to me to be one of those souls.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2015, 03:46:39 PM »

These guys who play with Axl over the years... they really can't win...

No matter what... they all get bashed...

I appreciate the fact that he made it clear , unlike Ron and Tommy who just hinted at what we all believe anyway.

These guys don't owe the world to Axl Rose for all eternity. if he wants to tell his fanbase he moved on, he has every right.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Annie
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2015, 03:51:23 PM »

I appreciate the fact that he made it clear , unlike Ron and Tommy who just hinted at what we all believe anyway.

These guys don't owe the world to Axl Rose for all eternity. if he wants to tell his fanbase he moved on, he has every right.

I am not disputing that.  It's just he could have shown more respect to his friendship with Axl by being more discrete. I have known extreme betrayal from coworkers who I thought were friends.  It is very hard to work in an environment where you hold people's lives in your hands when you don't know who has your back. So when I see somebody betray an artist whose work has had a great impact on my life,it upsets me.  But we can agree to disagree
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2015, 03:54:13 PM »

I am not disputing that.  It's just he could have shown more respect to his friendship with Axl by being more discrete. I have known extreme betrayal from coworkers who I thought were friends.  It is very hard to work in an environment where you hold people's lives in your hands when you don't know who has your back. So when I see somebody betray an artist whose work has had a great impact on my life,it upsets me.  But we can agree to disagree

Well do you know that DJ did not get Axl's blessing to put that out there?

Unless you know for fact that he showed Axl, Axl asked him not to write it... and he still did ..

Then there is no betrayal here.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: