Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:27:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed - Wikipedia: Fact or Fiction? [video - Aug 26, 2015]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed - Wikipedia: Fact or Fiction? [video - Aug 26, 2015]  (Read 3364 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: August 27, 2015, 01:00:33 PM »

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-1aLzeezhU

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 01:16:17 PM »

This is great, I always thought it was true about My World involving psylocibin or psylocilin tea. I'm sure I read that somewhere. Huh

Edit- found it!

Axl: "My World" happened when we're sitting and were bored. We've been working on "Live and Let Die" the whole night and it was early in the morning. I'd been listening to a lot of industrial music and all of a sudden I said, 'Hey man, let's do something. Let's see what happens. Let's just make it short and sweet and see what we come up with.' In three hours we wrote and recorded the song."

Axl: We were also on 'shrooms. A friend of mine had stuck some mushrooms in my tea and I didn't know it. All of a sudden we were being really mellow. So it was kind of a socio-psychotic state of bliss.

Izzy: There was one song on that record that I didn't even know was on it until it came out, "My World". I gave it a listen and thought, 'What the fuck is this?'

Axl: There was a certain focus we all wanted to keep for Illusion l and II, but when l did "My World", everyone dug it and wanted it on the record.

Axl: It's something I needed to get out of my system.

http://www.gnrinfo.tk/
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:18:10 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 07:41:34 AM »

Great concept, I loved the dynamic when the re-recording question came up:

Interviewer: "So you're thinking it was more Axl's decision?"
Dizzy: "I'm not gonna say that either, I'm just gonna say what you said there is fictitious"

I've always thought Dizzy was really cool. I remember how approachable he was during the 'Hooker and Blow' shows.

Emily, is that all from one interview where Izzy and Axl are together?
I tried your link but it keeps bringing me to a malware site.
I ask cause the Izzy quiet looks out of place, totally contradicts Axl's next quote.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 07:58:04 AM »

I'm assuming it's a site which has quotes relating to each song. Not necessarily all done at the same time and place.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 08:28:43 AM »

I'm assuming it's a site which has quotes relating to each song. Not necessarily all done at the same time and place.

/jarmo

That's what I figured, I just kept getting congratulated for winning $1m at that link.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 09:27:44 AM »

Great concept, I loved the dynamic when the re-recording question came up:

Interviewer: "So you're thinking it was more Axl's decision?"
Dizzy: "I'm not gonna say that either, I'm just gonna say what you said there is fictitious"

I've always thought Dizzy was really cool. I remember how approachable he was during the 'Hooker and Blow' shows.

Emily, is that all from one interview where Izzy and Axl are together?
I tried your link but it keeps bringing me to a malware site.
I ask cause the Izzy quiet looks out of place, totally contradicts Axl's next quote.

Here's the quotes on a few more places- maybe these wont infect your computer C0ma  Smiley

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/index.php?topic=29993.0;wap2

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=22736.100;wap2

Also- here is an entire interview from June of 92' that contains the My World quote-
http://www.w-axl-rose.com/Articles/Art_Musician_June_1992.html

Here's the Izzy quote- Rolling Stone 92'
http://www.oocities.org/rattlesnake_suitcase/izzyrstone92.htm
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:38:41 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 12:05:06 PM »

Jarmo,  That was very cool to watch! I have an off subject question for you. After this video there was a link to the Top 12 Axl Moments. One of them was when he kicks the guy out of Rio III during It's So Easy. Right after Axl says "Hand Me That Shirt". I see all the time people are saying he kicked someone out for wearing a Slash T-Shirt. I was just wondering if it was true or not. To me, it seemed like two separate incidents that just happened to be right after each other. Could you shed some light on this? I know Danzig use to kick people out for wearing Misfits shirts, so I'm just wondering.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 02:15:01 PM »

Honestly, I don't remember what exactly it was about. Some say it was a Slash shirt, but I don't know. I kinda doubt it was just a t-shirt. Might be more to that story.

/jarmo

Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 03:48:08 PM »

Honestly, I don't remember what exactly it was about. Some say it was a Slash shirt, but I don't know. I kinda doubt it was just a t-shirt. Might be more to that story.

/jarmo

Thank you, Jarmo. Yeah, I'm sure it's more to the story. Plus, he says "Hand me that shirt". I doubt Axl would request the guy take it off.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: