Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 07:20:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228461 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 130970 times)
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #520 on: October 01, 2015, 08:43:10 PM »

Perhaps, you really think that's Slash? I don't.

Really?  You think Slash's main priorities right now are throwing himself back into the same completely unstable situation he was in decades ago, that he's worked so hard to avoid ever since?  Let's analyze this....

SLASH QUIT GUNS N ROSES -- Why?  Unstable, miserable situation.  He said that in his book among many other places.  He could've stayed if what GNR offered was what he wanted.  But he didn't.  He quit and never looked back.

SLASH ABANDONED VELVET REVOLVER -- Why?  Not putting up with the mercurial instability that Scott Weiland was bringing to the stable.  Slash has also made this public.  Again, VR was doing much better than Slash has done as a solo artist, but Slash was fine was leaving that situation.

Slash CHOSE instead to start his own solo band.  In doing so, he chose to make less money, and sell less records.  Why do you think this was?  Because he missed all the excessive turmoil and discord from his past years?  Really?

Slash was offered a contract thought about it for 1 day then said no. Can't blame him. But those guys should have never sold the name to Axl. 

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #521 on: October 01, 2015, 08:57:15 PM »

Perhaps, you really think that's Slash? I don't.

Really?  You think Slash's main priorities right now are throwing himself back into the same completely unstable situation he was in decades ago, that he's worked so hard to avoid ever since?  Let's analyze this....

SLASH QUIT GUNS N ROSES -- Why?  Unstable, miserable situation.  He said that in his book among many other places.  He could've stayed if what GNR offered was what he wanted.  But he didn't.  He quit and never looked back.

SLASH ABANDONED VELVET REVOLVER -- Why?  Not putting up with the mercurial instability that Scott Weiland was bringing to the stable.  Slash has also made this public.  Again, VR was doing much better than Slash has done as a solo artist, but Slash was fine was leaving that situation.

Slash CHOSE instead to start his own solo band.  In doing so, he chose to make less money, and sell less records.  Why do you think this was?  Because he missed all the excessive turmoil and discord from his past years?  Really?

Slash was offered a contract thought about it for 1 day then said no. Can't blame him. But those guys should have never sold the name to Axl. 

GNR Was Founded By Axl, Point.

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #522 on: October 06, 2015, 10:16:51 AM »

I think any reunion plans at this point are pure speculation. We haven't heard a single concrete evidence of anything in the works.

Bow!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #523 on: October 06, 2015, 10:38:11 AM »

I think any reunion plans at this point are pure speculation. We haven't heard a single concrete evidence of anything in the works.

But don't you think people are using the reunion rumors almost like a coping mechanism of sorts?

Here is what I mean.  We have heard dick about a new album, despite them starting to look very seriously at what they are doing in that regard (for over a year now).  We have seen 3 band members leave the organization in short order.

Those things, on their face, look like some bad god damn news for we fans.

However...if some announcement comes down the pike in the next few months there would be some sort of full on reunion tour, or even a hybridized one...does anyone care about the loss of Bumble or DJ at that point? 

Are you as frustrated that there is (somehow) still no new album if you could go see Axl, Slash, and Duff onstage again?

Worst case scenario : Axl emerges from his cocoon at whatever point and shoots down any reunion question as ridiculous...and tells us that he's "still trying to get a handle" on how to release the next album.

Then, we are truly nowhere.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #524 on: October 06, 2015, 10:50:49 AM »

We also haven't heard a single concrete evidence of anything regarding the release of a new album...but we're told that doesn't mean it's not happening.  Maybe the same holds true for a reunion...
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #525 on: October 06, 2015, 11:04:02 AM »

We have seen 3 band members leave the organization in short order.

Ashba, Bumble and..who's the third one? Cause wikipedia still lists the lineup as follows:

Axl Rose ? lead vocals, piano, keyboards (1985?present)
    Dizzy Reed ? keyboards, piano, percussion, backing vocals (1990?present)
    Tommy Stinson ? bass, backing vocals (1998?present)
    Chris Pitman ? keyboards, programming, backing vocals, sub-bass (1998?present)
    Richard Fortus ? rhythm and lead guitar, backing vocals (2001?present)
    Frank Ferrer ? drums (2006?present)

As far as the general reunion talk goes, I've long since given up hope on any such thing happening. That ship sailed about two decades ago. Slash is happy doing his conspirators thing, Steven is a train-wreck, Izzy hates touring and Duff and Matt are keeping busy with all kinds of stuff, most recently Alice Coopers Hollywood Vampires. Duff also has Loaded and his ventures outside the music world. Besides, they're all old farts now. Even if they did do a reunion, the magic would be gone.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:07:49 AM by Koskenkorvasieni » Logged

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #526 on: October 06, 2015, 11:08:55 AM »

Ashba, Bumble and..who's the third one? Cause wikipedia still lists the lineup as follows:

"Wikipedia is the best thing ever.  Anyone in the world can write anything they want about every subject, so you know you are getting the best information."

- Michael Scott

Tommy is out.  Unless we are going to do the same tapdancing with did with Ron, which turned out be a great waste of time.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #527 on: October 06, 2015, 11:18:52 AM »

We also haven't heard a single concrete evidence of anything regarding the release of a new album...but we're told that doesn't mean it's not happening.  Maybe the same holds true for a reunion...
A reunion could be coming somewhere down the pike, but Slash is busy gearing up for another album and tour isn't he? I'd still give a new album with some sort of a modern day GNR lineup a slightly better chance over a reunion right now. The gap has closed, but I still think there's a long way to go.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #528 on: October 06, 2015, 11:20:25 AM »

A reunion could be coming somewhere down the pike, but Slash is busy gearing up for another album and tour isn't he? I'd still give a new album with some sort of a modern day GNR lineup over a reunion right now. The gap has closed, but I still think there's a long way to go.

Yeah, that's going to tell the tale, I think.

If he truly dives in and finds the monkey on a new album with his current crew, we can likely close the door on even reunion speculation. 

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #529 on: October 06, 2015, 11:39:30 AM »

A reunion could be coming somewhere down the pike, but Slash is busy gearing up for another album and tour isn't he? I'd still give a new album with some sort of a modern day GNR lineup over a reunion right now. The gap has closed, but I still think there's a long way to go.

Yeah, that's going to tell the tale, I think.

If he truly dives in and finds the monkey on a new album with his current crew, we can likely close the door on even reunion speculation. 
Who knows. Maybe the Chinese leftovers are released with no current lineup to tour and promote it. Maybe if it resonates with people, there's demand, and Axl is inclined, they push forward with it. Maybe they release an album with a current lineup knowing it's the last hurrah and a reunion is on the horizon, all the while not publicizing that. Maybe Axl is working with the record company on what to do next. I'm sure they're probably more excited than ever about a possible reunion due to recent events. Maybe they're not seeing eye to eye with Axl on anything not involving Slash. Maybe they'll play along if Axl makes them some reunion related promises.

Could be any number of scenarios.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #530 on: October 06, 2015, 11:57:16 AM »

As far as the general reunion talk goes, I've long since given up hope on any such thing happening. That ship sailed about two decades ago. Slash is happy doing his conspirators thing, Steven is a train-wreck, Izzy hates touring and Duff and Matt are keeping busy with all kinds of stuff, most recently Alice Coopers Hollywood Vampires. Duff also has Loaded and his ventures outside the music world. Besides, they're all old farts now. Even if they did do a reunion, the magic would be gone.

LOL cause wikipedia is NEVER wrong!   rofl

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #531 on: October 06, 2015, 12:07:17 PM »

Who knows. Maybe the Chinese leftovers are released with no current lineup to tour and promote it. Maybe if it resonates with people, there's demand, and Axl is inclined, they push forward with it. Maybe they release an album with a current lineup knowing it's the last hurrah and a reunion is on the horizon, all the while not publicizing that. Maybe Axl is working with the record company on what to do next. I'm sure they're probably more excited than ever about a possible reunion due to recent events. Maybe they're not seeing eye to eye with Axl on anything not involving Slash. Maybe they'll play along if Axl makes them some reunion related promises.

Here's the thing.  And I'm sure this is not lost on them.

This reunion talk is out there.  Its where people's heads are at.  While true all of us here would be just find with "the second half of Chinese", its not going to set the world on fire.  In fact, it may even come across as a letdown since people have started thinking reunion.

So I'm not sure I see a new album whipping up demand.  Unless you are actually arguing that a new album would only further drive people into a reunion frenzy.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #532 on: October 06, 2015, 12:47:44 PM »

Here's the thing.  And I'm sure this is not lost on them.

This reunion talk is out there.  Its where people's heads are at.  While true all of us here would be just find with "the second half of Chinese", its not going to set the world on fire.  In fact, it may even come across as a letdown since people have started thinking reunion.

So I'm not sure I see a new album whipping up demand.  Unless you are actually arguing that a new album would only further drive people into a reunion frenzy.

This right here... is why I think something is up...

Fernando and them have to be smart enough to realize this... so if it's not in the cards... it really would be in their best interest to put an end to the talk.

There are a lot of fans who will be so turned off to the whole GNR operation if it doesn't happen now and surely they must realize this.

So if there's no reunion plan, and they are still moving forward with trying to release this record and play shows with x y and z... they should end the speculation.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #533 on: October 06, 2015, 01:21:41 PM »

After thinking about this for several weeks now, I just think some convenient happenstances have fueled reunion speculation. 

The loss of Bumble & DJ + Slash & Axl friends again = Full on reunion frenzy in the media & forums.

...And then there's reality.  The reality being, ridiculous offers aside, the legalities and details of a reunion might just be more complicated and difficult to navigate and sort out for the involved parties, mostly Axl Rose, to deem it worth while. 

There's also the question of who, exactly, would be involved. For example, Steven is about as reliable as a porcupine tripping on acid, but God knows how vocally heartbroken he'd be about not being involved.

Also, there's the question of the next GNR album.  Last we heard, Axl's main focus was putting out.  God knows he's been working at a snail's pace (if at all) since making those comments, but if it is his focus right now, a reunion would totally eclipse that, making the second Chinese Democracy album seem somewhat irrelevant. Would Axl want or do that?  Gun to my head, I would say no.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #534 on: October 06, 2015, 01:26:14 PM »

and then, he may not do either one...just as good an option as the fantasyland scenarios being thrown out on an hourly basis.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #535 on: October 06, 2015, 01:27:22 PM »

Also, there's the question of the next GNR album.  Last we heard, Axl's main focus was putting out.  God knows he's been working at a snail's pace (if at all) since making those comments, but if it is his focus right now, a reunion would totally eclipse that, making the second Chinese Democracy album seem somewhat irrelevant. Would Axl want or do that?  Gun to my head, I would say no.

I certainly see this point.

Would he really scrap a next album for right now?  Do a reunion tour, all go their separate ways again, and then say, "hey, here a bunch of songs recorded 15-20 years ago at this point, by people long gone, to be performed by a new collection of randos that I will once again call Guns N' Roses."

Is that commercially viable?  Can you give people the real band again (or something a hell of a lot closer to the real band that we've had since 1993) and then pull the rug out from under them again?

I think any sort of reunion tour or reunion type project condemns any next CD-era album to the Magical Mystery Vault for life.

Where I sort of disagree with you, however, is that I'm not sure how charged up Axl still is for that material.  There certainly isn't much to support he's still 'bout it, 'bout it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #536 on: October 06, 2015, 01:28:22 PM »

and then, he may not do either one...just as good an option as the fantasyland scenarios being thrown out on an hourly basis.

Certainly can't rule it out.

If the reunion stuff is indeed a pipe dream, combined with his not having the fire to put yet another cobbled together line-up, he might just hang 'em up.

What else is there?

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #537 on: October 06, 2015, 01:32:35 PM »

I certainly see this point.

Would he really scrap a next album for right now?  Do a reunion tour, all go their separate ways again, and then say, "hey, here a bunch of songs recorded 15-20 years ago at this point, by people long gone, to be performed by a new collection of randos that I will once again call Guns N' Roses."

Is that commercially viable?  Can you give people the real band again (or something a hell of a lot closer to the real band that we've had since 1993) and then pull the rug out from under them again?

I think any sort of reunion tour or reunion type project condemns any next CD-era album to the Magical Mystery Vault for life.

Where I sort of disagree with you, however, is that I'm not sure how charged up Axl still is for that material.  There certainly isn't much to support he's still 'bout it, 'bout it.

Yeah, I think that's the question really.  That being, unless you corner Axl Rose and say "Dude, what the fuck is the deal with the next album already!?" and get a straight answer, instead of the usual parabalic jibberish, we have no idea how committed he is to putting it out.

The dude seems to literally live outside of time, so it's so hard to tell where his head is at.  But I will say that the seven years that have passed since Chinese dropped don't exactly bode well for it being at the forefront of his mind.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #538 on: October 06, 2015, 01:45:12 PM »

After thinking about this for several weeks now, I just think some convenient happenstances have fueled reunion speculation. 

The loss of Bumble & DJ + Slash & Axl friends again = Full on reunion frenzy in the media & forums.

I see what you're saying. But it doesn't necessarily mean a lot in reality. If you think about it.
I suspect Axl's been aware of the Bumble situation since at least 2014. Dj leaving was a more recent event.

So it's not like all of this happened in one week out of the blue....

Not really.

IF your hypothetical reunion is only for a show, or tour. Then everybody goes back to their own projects.
Hell, KISS did the reunion and then went back to those other guys because they just couldn't go on with the old band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #539 on: October 06, 2015, 02:16:14 PM »

IF your hypothetical reunion is only for a show, or tour. Then everybody goes back to their own projects.
Hell, KISS did the reunion and then went back to those other guys because they just couldn't go on with the old band.

I think the point is that both are rumored for 2016.  Sure, Axl could tour with the original lineup next year, then retreat back to the studio to master the album for 2017 or 2018.  But I certainly don't see the two happening in close proximity to each other, which is bad news for those favoring one over the other.

...Which is also why a news update clarifying the future of Guns N' Roses would come in awfully handy at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: