Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 26, 2024, 12:00:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228370 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 127403 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #320 on: September 14, 2015, 12:31:41 PM »

You don't have to play every song exactly how it was recorded. Personally, I don't mind a little departure from the expected.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #321 on: September 15, 2015, 10:27:29 PM »

I want Guns N' Roses to move forward. Not to be stuck in their hair metal past, and really when you break it down, that's all Slash, Duff, Izzy and the others represent, a step back, back to a past that no one really cares about anymore. Slash's brand of rock n' roll is dead, Chinese Democracy proved that. Axl's had a vision for Guns for the past 20 years and he's been stopped at every turn by people who wanted to destroy him, but I feel now is the time, now is the time, that we'll finally get to see Axl's vision come to life. All these people who tried to stop Axl are out of the way, all of the fake band members who weren't really on board with the gameplan are out and Axl is free to do what he wants for once. I want Axl's vision for GN'R to unfold finally, I don't want to see some pathetic hair metal reunion. Bring on CD II! No more Slash!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #322 on: September 15, 2015, 11:00:07 PM »

I want Guns N' Roses to move forward. Not to be stuck in their hair metal past, and really when you break it down, that's all Slash, Duff, Izzy and the others represent, a step back, back to a past that no one really cares about anymore. Slash's brand of rock n' roll is dead, Chinese Democracy proved that. Axl's had a vision for Guns for the past 20 years and he's been stopped at every turn by people who wanted to destroy him, but I feel now is the time, now is the time, that we'll finally get to see Axl's vision come to life. All these people who tried to stop Axl are out of the way, all of the fake band members who weren't really on board with the gameplan are out and Axl is free to do what he wants for once. I want Axl's vision for GN'R to unfold finally, I don't want to see some pathetic hair metal reunion. Bring on CD II! No more Slash!

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." -Principal, Billy Madison

Guns N' Roses never was 'Hair Metal'... in fact they were what saved the late 80's from 'hair metal'. They were the anti Warrant, Poison, Whitesnake, etc...

I don't disagree with your ability to have an opinion, and I don't have a strong opinion against your outlook. I will take whatever Axl gives me...

BUT this is like the 2nd or 3rd time I have seen you paint the original line up as some spandex wearing, pink Ibanez playing, glam metal band. That is the furthest thing from what they were. I also find it funny the number of 'modern lineup' (Thank you Tommy for the title) fans that bash the lineup that wrote the material that makes up about 60 or 70 percent of their nightly playlist. You can choose to look at this as my opinion or as a certainty, but a very very small percentage of the fans that came to see them in Vegas or at other shows on their tour is there to hear anything but songs that the 'original' AFD and UYI lineups wrote and recorded... Hell even Axl marketed the last residency that way...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:15:33 AM by C0ma » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #323 on: September 15, 2015, 11:06:44 PM »

AGAIN

Anybody who is opposed to some kind of AFD/UYI hybrid reunion...

What is the alternative right now?

I wouldn't say I am opposed to a reunion, I just don't think it will happen in this lifetime.

Maybe the big elephant in the room is that a nothing much will happen in the years to come? Alternative is cd2 in 2016 (at best) and a tour or a gig, possibly years, later.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #324 on: September 16, 2015, 08:42:43 AM »

AGAIN

I wouldn't say I am opposed to a reunion, I just don't think it will happen in this lifetime.

Maybe the big elephant in the room is that a nothing much will happen in the years to come? Alternative is cd2 in 2016 (at best) and a tour or a gig, possibly years, later.

I never thought it would happen either... but with every passing day, I think the chances get a little bit better.

You might be right.. Axl might have visions of releasing a record next year... and then re thinking a reunion...but we all know that things don't move in a timely fashion for Axl... so if it doesn't go as he might be planning... It could be years before anything happens...which would be tough pill to swallow for everybody.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #325 on: September 16, 2015, 01:34:48 PM »

Sebastian Bach's viewpoint on a reunion in a new interview.

Just like Guns n? Roses, Skid Row are constantly badgered by the media as to when their original line-up will reform. I ask Bach why people are so obsessed with getting these bands back together instead of just enjoying their respective solo work? It?s a really unhealthy obsession, in my mind.

?I would agree with you on one hand,? he says, pausing, ?but on the other hand, as a fan, I can totally understand where a fan is coming from, that would be excited to see their favourite band reunite after decades. Like when Kiss did that in 1996, that was completely insane. I look back, through all of rock n? roll, I think that when Kiss reunited in ?96, it was one of the most incredible things that ever happened in rock n? roll. When people say, ?are Skid Row going to get back together?? I understand that question.

?[But] I haven?t been in the same room as Rachel Bolan since ?96. It?s coming up on 20 years. If we ever were to reunite on a stage ? that?s almost 20 years of getting over whatever the hell it is he?s mad about, because I?m not mad at all. The fact that the five guys in Guns N? Roses are still alive, and the five guys in Skid Row, we?re all still alive: that?s a miracle. It?s almost like, if you have the chance to do something that epic, and you don?t do it, it?s kind of like selfish, to me, really.?

http://magazine.100percentrock.com/interviews/201509/136051

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #326 on: September 16, 2015, 02:34:55 PM »

Just like Guns n? Roses, Skid Row are constantly badgered by the media as to when their original line-up will reform. I ask Bach why people are so obsessed with getting these bands back together instead of just enjoying their respective solo work? It?s a really unhealthy obsession, in my mind.

?I would agree with you on one hand,? he says, pausing, ?but on the other hand, as a fan, I can totally understand where a fan is coming from, that would be excited to see their favourite band reunite after decades. Like when Kiss did that in 1996, that was completely insane. I look back, through all of rock n? roll, I think that when Kiss reunited in ?96, it was one of the most incredible things that ever happened in rock n? roll. When people say, ?are Skid Row going to get back together?? I understand that question.

?[But] I haven?t been in the same room as Rachel Bolan since ?96. It?s coming up on 20 years. If we ever were to reunite on a stage ? that?s almost 20 years of getting over whatever the hell it is he?s mad about, because I?m not mad at all. The fact that the five guys in Guns N? Roses are still alive, and the five guys in Skid Row, we?re all still alive: that?s a miracle. It?s almost like, if you have the chance to do something that epic, and you don?t do it, it?s kind of like selfish, to me, really.?

That last line... comes off as a shot at Axl..whether he meant it that way or not.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #327 on: September 16, 2015, 03:12:28 PM »

What is this?  The introduction to the opposite sketches?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #328 on: September 16, 2015, 03:54:45 PM »

What is this?  The introduction to the opposite sketches?

Yeah, that's a classic post. Would love to know who all of these "Evil" people stopping him at every turn and trying to destroy him were? All the fake band members who weren't really on board with the gameplan? What Gameplan? We all would love to see Axl's vision for GNR unfold finally. LMAO
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #329 on: September 16, 2015, 03:59:11 PM »

GNR was never Hair Metal, anyone actually around back in the day knows this.  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #330 on: September 16, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »

That last line... comes off as a shot at Axl..whether he meant it that way or not.

It does, it is most probably aimed at his ex-bandmates from Skid Row though imo.

"Shut the fuck up."
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #331 on: September 16, 2015, 04:02:53 PM »

It does, it is most probably aimed at his ex-bandmates from Skid Row though imo.

Yeah.. it's aimed at the guys in his band that don't want to reunite, but since he lumped in GNR ..it's a shot at Axl because we all know Axl has always been the one unwilling.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #332 on: September 16, 2015, 04:21:32 PM »

GNR was never Hair Metal, anyone actually around back in the day knows this.  Roll Eyes

Seriously. GNR was never lumped in with the lame hair bands (Warrant, Ratt, White Lion...etc). They were the bad asses. Don't know where CherryGarcia's getting their info. Maybe they looked the part (hair band) at one time but their music was killer.
Princess Leia
« Reply #333 on: September 16, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »

AGAIN

But a tour with who? Three new guys replacing Tommy, BBF and DJ? I don?t see millions of people around the world going crazy about yet another new line up. And in all honesty it would get a bit ridiculous at this point. We know they are not gonna last very long because for one reason or another nobody does. You could argue that Buckethead and Finck could rejoin. But we don?t even have any rumors about that possibility.  That doesn?t mean a reunion is mandatory. But it seems the common sense way out assuming that Axl wants to keep going.
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #334 on: September 16, 2015, 04:55:59 PM »

Bach is an awesome singer but you can't compare skid row and guns n roses.  GnR are iconic like the likes of the stones led z etc...so them reuniting would be huge.  They were one Of the last real rock bands.  I agree with the poster above starting over with a new lineup would kinda be little odd.  All always go see the band cause I love Axl but at this point  bring back the boys or call it a day.  We don't need another incarnation of guns  n roses.  If Axl is gonna put together another new band drop the name and just tour under Axl Rose. " yes I know he owns the name " I'm sure I'll get flack for saying that but I've been a fan since 86 seen every incarnation of the band and at this point putting together version 5.0 is rediculous. I'd be more than happy with Richard Duff Slash frank dizzy and Chris.  If Steven and izzy are there then that's cool too.  All tha being said will see will all see but I'm willing to bet anything that will see Axl and Slash on stage together again.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:43:56 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #335 on: September 16, 2015, 05:19:07 PM »

I almost can't imagine bach saying that unless a reunion is in the works and he knows something about it. He was always such a big axl supporter in the past, so him saying something that could paint axl in a negative light seems very out of character.

But, at the same time, famous people are misunderstood one way or another all the time just like us regular folks so Ill take it with a grain of salt. Maybe he didn't realize what he said or maybe I'm just reading him wrong.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #336 on: September 16, 2015, 05:33:40 PM »

I almost can't imagine bach saying that unless a reunion is in the works and he knows something about it.

Oh, just on that, we have a rumour that the original line-up with Slash and Axl will be performing at next year?s Soundwave? Are you as excited as me?

Sebastian Bach: If that?s true, that?s great. I don?t have any information on that one way or the other.

http://sootmagazine.com/quick-and-dirty-sebastian-bach/

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #337 on: September 16, 2015, 05:36:40 PM »

I almost can't imagine bach saying that unless a reunion is in the works and he knows something about it.

Oh, just on that, we have a rumour that the original line-up with Slash and Axl will be performing at next year?s Soundwave? Are you as excited as me?

Sebastian Bach: If that?s true, that?s great. I don?t have any information on that one way or the other.

Wasn't that Soundwave rumor proven to be false? Why perpetuate that?

Too many rumors circulating.

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2015/09/01/guns-n-roses-will-not-reunite-at-2016-soundwave-festival/

Unfortunately, Soundwave?s promoter, AJ Maddah, set the record straight when he told Music Feeds, ?It?s been nice for me personally to share this fantasy for a few days along with the fans but it is not happening for SW16. I sure hope those guys do get back together again as there has never been, or as far as I am concerned ever will be such a potent force for rock?n roll than the original GNR in full flight.?

AJ then continued to explain why the reunion especially couldn?t happen for next year?s festival, saying, ?if it does happen it is going to take longer than 6 months for the band to be ready to tour. I think it?ll take a hundred lawyers 6 months just to get the 5 of them into a rehearsal room together.?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:46:56 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #338 on: September 16, 2015, 05:41:43 PM »

Ask the guy interviewing him.

I was pointing out that Sebastian doesn't know about a reunion.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #339 on: September 16, 2015, 05:47:43 PM »

Ask the guy interviewing him.

I was pointing out that Sebastian doesn't know about a reunion.

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2015/09/01/guns-n-roses-will-not-reunite-at-2016-soundwave-festival/

Too many rumors being repeated ad infinitum.

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: