Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:36:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 123476 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2015, 01:34:30 PM »

Exactly right, guys.

Just what would a reunion be stopping?  The non-stop thrill ride we've been on the past few years where next to nothing happens and people leave the band?

Yeah, let's not mess with that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2015, 01:37:20 PM »

How could you not be on board....

What would a reunion be getting in the way of?

Who is in the band now? Nobody knows.... So what would it be blocking?

If you KNEW a reunion would shelve Axl's songs with Robin and Bucket for all eternity, then yes I see the issue, but who knows what it would mean for those songs.

So really... any lineup of any kind should be welcomed news considering the departures that took place.

Totally hypothetical, of course, but would you care if it was like the STP reunion where one of the DeLeo brothers said something to the effect that he can't stand Scott and is only doing this for the money?  Not saying it should bother you, just curious how you and anyone else would feel if it was openly acknowledged by all as nothing more than a cash grab.  I'd have a problem with it, maybe that's being naive and childish, but it would bug me.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2015, 01:38:52 PM »

Exactly right, guys.

Just what would a reunion be stopping?  The non-stop thrill ride we've been on the past few years where next to nothing happens and people leave the band?

Yeah, it's been a real hoot.  Looks like whatever Axl was planning on "looking very seriously at" after Vegas went swimmingly.  I just can't stop listening to The General & Atlas Shrugged!!  hihi

But seriously, if GNR had an album (with a concrete release date) scheduled for, oh let's say, November 2015...I could see how this reunion frenzy would be distracting and unhelpful.  But all we got is a big wad of nada. Again, why NOT a reunion?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2015, 01:42:06 PM »

Totally hypothetical, of course, but would you care if it was like the STP reunion where one of the DeLeo brothers said something to the effect that he can't stand Scott and is only doing this for the money?  Not saying it should bother you, just curious how you and anyone else would feel if it was openly acknowledged by all as nothing more than a cash grab.  I'd have a problem with it, maybe that's being naive and childish, but it would bug me.

Would give no fucks.

Not to pick on you, specifically, but I just don't get this mindset.  I am a fan of these guy's music.  I really don't care how they run their personal lives.

Like when people start in with defending Axl's hurt feelings over something or other.  Do you know the guy?  No.  You like his music.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2015, 01:45:40 PM »

Precisely.  Because Aerosmith & The Stones continue to tour because of their sheer love of the power of Rock N Roll....And because the sold out audiences care about their financial motivations...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2015, 02:17:45 PM »

Would give no fucks.

Not to pick on you, specifically, but I just don't get this mindset.  I am a fan of these guy's music.  I really don't care how they run their personal lives.

Like when people start in with defending Axl's hurt feelings over something or other.  Do you know the guy?  No.  You like his music.

Yeah but wouldn't you rather them get back together under the right circumstances rather than for the cash grab? The fact that Van Halen openly admits to not getting along ruins the experience for me. I would love to see them record new material (asking a lot...and no im not demanding anything Emily) but I don't see it happening if they aren't getting along in some sort of way.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2015, 02:19:14 PM »

Would give no fucks.

Yeah but wouldn't you rather them get back together under the right circumstances rather than for the cash grab? The fact that Van Halen openly admits to not getting along ruins the experience for me. I would love to see them record new material (asking a lot...and no im not demanding anything Emily) but I don't see it happening if they aren't getting along in some sort of way.

Bumblefoot was openly miserable in GNR from 2011-2014.  Did that ruin any of those shows for you?
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2015, 02:20:41 PM »

Would give no fucks.

Bumblefoot was openly miserable in GNR from 2011-2014.  Did that ruin any of those shows for you?

Honestly....did you ever really consider him part of the band?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2015, 02:23:13 PM »

If you KNEW a reunion would shelve Axl's songs with Robin and Bucket for all eternity, then yes I see the issue, but who knows what it would mean for those songs.

So really... any lineup of any kind should be welcomed news considering the departures that took place.

I'm with you... I wouldn't love hearing that... but knowing Axl... he wouldn't do it unless he was in to it.. so i don't think that would happen in a similar way with them just getting on stage for the cash.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »

Would give no fucks.

Honestly....did you ever really consider him part of the band?

For a while there, yeah. He was on Chinese and was on what he described as "a good handful" of the tracks on the next album, including Atlas Shrugged.  But, as years went by, and it became apparent that under the current management the next release became a fairytail, I likened pretty much the entire 09-14 lineup as employees who would all eventually walk.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2015, 02:25:39 PM »

Precisely.  Because Aerosmith & The Stones continue to tour because of their sheer love of the power of Rock N Roll....And because the sold out audiences care about their financial motivations...

Right... Mick n keith tolerate each other at best... and Steven and Joe admit to not talking off stage.

But .. like I said... I'd prefer it was organic, but it wouldn't be anything that dampens it for me.

It's not like GNR lineups over the past decade have been a band of brothers either.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2015, 02:28:22 PM »

Exactly right, guys.

Yeah, it's been a real hoot.  Looks like whatever Axl was planning on "looking very seriously at" after Vegas went swimmingly.  I just can't stop listening to The General & Atlas Shrugged!!  hihi

But seriously, if GNR had an album (with a concrete release date) scheduled for, oh let's say, November 2015...I could see how this reunion frenzy would be distracting and unhelpful.  But all we got is a big wad of nada. Again, why NOT a reunion?

Yup... exactly my point. There might be a plan with a new lineup... but we don't know it or what it might be, and we have no clue if its even close to coming in to fruition...

Why not see one of the great rock n roll bands of all time do it big then.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2015, 02:28:29 PM »

Would give no fucks.

But it wouldn't just be a cash grab...it would be giving the majority of fans what they want.  When you think about it, it would be more selfless of them if they got back together and still had issues with each other, because they'd be willing to look past their issues for the benefit of the fans (and their bank accounts).
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2015, 02:30:38 PM »

I get what you?re saying, but it personally wouldn?t bother me.
Sure, it would be nice to believe they are doing it all for the love of music and for our personal enjoyment, but as you said, that would probably be naive.
Bumblefoot obviously didn?t think everything was hunky dory during his GN?R tenure. I read Tommy?s harsh opinion of Buckethead somewhere on the inter webs.
Robin didn?t leave because was having an awesome time. Neither did DJ.
This is not isolated to GN?R. I think they are the rule, not the exception, for any band that has been around a few years.

And I fucking love songs like WTTJ, and SCOM etc, but I?m pretty sure I wouldn?t if I had to sing/play it every show I ever put on until the end of time. Especially for the replacements who had no hand in their creation.
The songs were probably born out of love and passion for music, and I?m sure it feels great to hear fans sing your songs back to you, but at some point, it becomes a job.
A job they happen to get paid handsomely for.

Just like no one gives a shit if I enjoyed drawing their cartoon, I don?t really give a shit if Axl enjoys singing his songs, or if Slash enjoys playing his guitar at the shows I attend.
As long as they do it. We aren?t paying them to be friends, just to play us their songs.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2015, 02:36:04 PM »

Exactly right, guys.

Yup... exactly my point. There might be a plan with a new lineup... but we don't know it or what it might be, and we have no clue if its even close to coming in to fruition...

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE...FUCKING LOVE...to hear the next album.  But, for whatever reason, putting it out is simply more than Axl, and Team Brazil, can handle. And in a weird way, a reunion tour with Slash seems almost more likely at this point than hearing the second half of Chinese Democracy.

Like most other fans, Appetite was the album that made me love GNR.  I'm nearly 30, so in GNR's heyday I was too young to ever get a chance to see them.  I would absolutely relish the opportunity to see the original forces behind GNR's fame reunited in my lifetime.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2015, 02:42:50 PM »

Exactly right, guys.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE...FUCKING LOVE...to hear the next album.  But, for whatever reason, putting it out is simply more than Axl, and Team Brazil, can handle. And in a weird way, a reunion tour with Slash seems almost more likely at this point than hearing the second half of Chinese Democracy.

Like most other fans, Appetite was the album that made me love GNR.  I'm nearly 30, so in GNR's heyday I was too young to ever get a chance to see them.  I would absolutely relish the opportunity to see the original forces behind GNR's fame reunited in my lifetime.

Same boat as you.

I'd really be ecstatic with a reunion or CD 2. Both would be asking for too much ha.

The third option of a new tour with two new guitar players and no album release date... Would really test my limits....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2015, 02:47:50 PM »

Exactly right, guys.

Same boat as you.

I'd really be ecstatic with a reunion or CD 2. Both would be asking for too much ha.

The third option of a new tour with two new guitar players and no album release date... Would really test my limits....

Yeah, I really see only two viable options that will decide my continued financial support.  Those being either a new album, or a reunion.  I've seen GNR 5 times starting in 2002.  If Axl simply hires some other D-List guitar player to fill in for a tour or Vegas residency...I think I'm done. 

I'll always love GNR, but simply continuing as a touring act with hired Guns with only Chi Dem to show for it, I ain't spending more money to support that decision.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2015, 03:16:51 PM »

You all will get nothing and like it.....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2015, 03:39:44 PM »

Probably.  And then be fed more horseshit about Axl's "vision" and his "plan".

As for the guys not getting along like they used to, does that band of brothers shit really last once you are out of sharing the same shithole apartment once you made it?

Furthermore, did you guys get the impression the band was having a real mardi gras of a time on that UYI tour?  Did it affect your enjoyment of the shows?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2015, 03:39:54 PM »

Finally!
You should remind yourself of this more often!  ok

Smiley

Well, as long as the time frame fits! As long as they get nothing before after! Not after! Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: