Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2024, 10:54:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228455 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 130486 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #460 on: September 25, 2015, 07:42:15 PM »

The reason Axl is so fucking good at what he does is because of who he is off "the court". We all know that.

The argument is whether you like the off the court stuff or not. For me, I accept it.

Well, I think we all do, don't we?  None of us would have made it going on 30 years if we could not get past that stuff.

I'm just saying we don't stick our fingers in our ears and go la-la-la-la, like its not there.  It's there and it is what it is.

And none of that should interfere with liking his music.  I'd think 'Estranged' was a great song regardless of Axl was a bastard or the greatest guy that ever lived.

no. i do not accept that axl has been a shitty dude. that is how the media portrays him, but the media is not always right. anyone willing to think for themselves knows that. im not saying hes an angel, no one is, but i dont buy the whole kim jong petty tyrant for 30 plus years stuff. no way. if someone can prove to me that that is what he is like, i will put my copy of cd in the microwave. until then, its my favorite album of all time and a big part of the reason why is axls integrity.

what integrity, you may ask? the integrity implied by not living in conflict with yourself. not being a "prostitute."

k guysi gtg see me some more of this beautiful country.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 07:43:55 PM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #461 on: September 26, 2015, 01:08:36 AM »

It is absolutely time! I think they have taken their careers as far as they can separately. WE WANT ORIGINAL GNR! I have been waiting over 20 years for this. I even left the forum because I gave the New band a chance, it was good, saw them in concert and that pretty much gave me closure on THAT version of GNR

SO I am ready for Axl and Slash to do what they do better than any other Frontman/Lead Guitarist in music history.

It is time!! Pre Order my fucking tickets NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #462 on: September 26, 2015, 06:37:20 AM »

Being a fan of someone doesn't mean you have to adopt the fucking guy as a brother or leaving him a standing invitation for dinner.

Does it?

Now, where did I say that?  Huh

The guy claims to love the music, some of that is a result of Axl being Axl.
I get that he's majorly upset that Axl was "late" for some show. Ok. Fine. Make stand up "comedy" about it. Nobody cares really.

But when you start bragging that you took your balls out and so on, it's obvious that there's more issues at work there.
After all, that guy feels the need to wear a mask on stage to perform his music....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #463 on: September 26, 2015, 09:04:48 AM »

Being a fan of someone doesn't mean you have to adopt the fucking guy as a brother or leaving him a standing invitation for dinner.

Does it?

I get that he's majorly upset that Axl was "late" for some show. Ok. Fine. Make stand up "comedy" about it. Nobody cares really.

But when you start bragging that you took your balls out and so on, it's obvious that there's more issues at work there.
After all, that guy feels the need to wear a mask on stage to perform his music....

/jarmo

So do you have something against Bucket, too, or is it ok to wear a mask on stage if you're in GnR?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #464 on: September 26, 2015, 09:44:28 AM »

No, I don't.

But Buckethead doesn't do the whole angry music for the kids act while talking shit about Axl and secretly having dreams of that magical reunion.
The mask comment was a footnote.  Wink

Does anybody expect Corey to take out his balls and tell Axl he has no respect for him, if he ever actually met Axl?

What I'm trying to say is, is that his act seems pretty much the same as people on the Internet do all the time. They hide behind an username and act one way, then act another way in public.
Kurt Cobain did similar things, which makes Corey even less original....

Anyway, I'm glad he's that excited about something relating to GN'R, with a singer he has no respect for. But it's hard to take that guy seriously. Just my opinion....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:13:08 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #465 on: September 26, 2015, 06:19:55 PM »

I just want to hear them play Coma and....... for someone to tell us Wtf is goin' on Smiley

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #466 on: September 27, 2015, 07:01:35 AM »

No, I don't.

But Buckethead doesn't do the whole angry music for the kids act while talking shit about Axl and secretly having dreams of that magical reunion.
The mask comment was a footnote.  Wink

Does anybody expect Corey to take out his balls and tell Axl he has no respect for him, if he ever actually met Axl?

What I'm trying to say is, is that his act seems pretty much the same as people on the Internet do all the time. They hide behind an username and act one way, then act another way in public.
Kurt Cobain did similar things, which makes Corey even less original....

Anyway, I'm glad he's that excited about something relating to GN'R, with a singer he has no respect for. But it's hard to take that guy seriously. Just my opinion....

/jarmo

what is your viewpoint on reunion jarmo?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #467 on: September 27, 2015, 07:33:19 AM »

I'm a GN'R fan. I was a GN'R fan yesterday, I'm a fan today, and I'll be a fan tomorrow.

Whatever happens.
That's my viewpoint on the reunion, or no reunion.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #468 on: September 27, 2015, 08:04:45 AM »

I'm a GN'R fan. I was a GN'R fan yesterday, I'm a fan today, and I'll be a fan tomorrow.

Whatever happens.

/jarmo

Do you agree that it is more plausible today than it was say a few years ago ... For a variety of reasons ?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #469 on: September 27, 2015, 11:31:46 AM »

I have no idea.

I know what you're saying, you're assuming what Slash said is correct (assumption #1) and therefore the reunion is more likely (assumption #2).

Even if the first is true, it doesn't necessarily mean the other is more likely. If you think about it.

As an example, as far as I know, I don't think Axl had any problems with Buckethead, but Buckethead still didn't come back....

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #470 on: September 27, 2015, 12:36:57 PM »

I have no idea.

I know what you're saying, you're assuming what Slash said is correct (assumption #1) and therefore the reunion is more likely (assumption #2).

Even if the first is true, it doesn't necessarily mean the other is more likely. If you think about it.

As an example, as far as I know, I don't think Axl had any problems with Buckethead, but Buckethead still didn't come back....

/jarmo

I get your analogy, but I think that Slash would do a reunion yesterday if it meant his name would be associated with GNR again.  If only because, unlike Bucket, it's his legacy.

Having said that, I do think think all this reunion talk, at this point at least, is EXTREMELY speculative.  It's based on literally one sentence Slash made about how he and Axl may or may not have finally buried the hatchet.  I get that DJ & Ron's departures add to the speculation, but I just don't know that they are at all related.

The last word we got from Axl was that the next step was getting the next album out.  I imagine an AFD5 reunion would likely cancel that out. Would Axl permanently shelve those tracks in lieu of a reunion?  I don't know.  He sure doesn't seem to be in a rush to get them out. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 12:38:55 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #471 on: September 27, 2015, 12:54:11 PM »

Does it?

/jarmo

Wait, why are you using quotes for being "late".  And only for "some show"?  Are you saying he doesn't have a history of being late?  Didn't we just get lectured by you for trying to re-write the band's history regarding original members?  It is a fact that Axl was late for several shows throughout their history.  He's even admitted it.  And it did happen for more than some show. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #472 on: September 27, 2015, 01:13:05 PM »

Wait, why are you using quotes for being "late".  And only for "some show"?  Are you saying he doesn't have a history of being late?  Didn't we just get lectured by you for trying to re-write the band's history regarding original members?  It is a fact that Axl was late for several shows throughout their history.  He's even admitted it.  And it did happen for more than some show. 

Because it's relative. If you think the show will start at 9PM and in reality it's more like 10:30-11PM, then yes it's "late".
The whole world knows the deal. It's just predictable.

Also, the guy's just latching onto the "Axl's always late" bandwagon. Nothing new. There was a guy in Bon Jovi who was upset about the same thing. Stop worrying when Axl goes on stage and focus on your own bands. Smiley

What's next? He'll go on and on about how it's not GN'R without the old members? Oh wait, he can't do that! Better stick to the late routine.

/jarmo

Annie
« Reply #473 on: September 27, 2015, 01:25:05 PM »

Since I didn't discover GNR until the summer of 1992 I have never had strong feelings about a reunion one way or the other. Was pretty cool to see Duff at the Golden Gods. And Izzy at the Hammerstein ballroom. I still like Buckethead. Used to love DJ Ashba.
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #474 on: September 27, 2015, 03:20:55 PM »

Honestly it looks like a reunion is probably happening right? That or Axl is retiring and there just won't be anymore GN'R stuff. That is what it looks like. First they lost 3 members, with Tommy saying recently that he has walked away signals that GN'R as we know it isn't alive anymore. I can't really fathom Axl replacing all 3 of them. I believe that if that was his plan, which in my opinion would be just fine, then he would have shot down all these reunion rumors a lot quicker than this. Everyday I'm waiting for Axl to say anything. Why wouldn't he if he wasn't doing a reunion or retiring. Every GN'R  fan that wants a reunion, which is like almost all of them, will be super disappointed if these rumors persist then he announces new replacements for the lost guys and they aren't Slash ect. Also every GN'R forum most of the talk is a reunion with basically no one saying that it doesn't look like it's happening. I would love for Robin to come back that would be cool but it seems as unlikely as a reunion at this point.

I saw Slash in Cleveland last night and he looks to be happy almost like something big is on the horizon, which is probably just reading into nothing why wouldn't he be happy at his own show but they played a lot of GN'R songs. Nightrain, You Could Be Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, SCOM, Civil War, Rocket Queen, Paradise City. It seems like that's a lot to play with a band that has 2 full CD's of their own songs they could play and probably would be playing more if they thought there was going to be another one soon. I don't think Myles and Slash will be together to much longer is what I'm saying it felt like. Not because they don't want to but that something is happening after this tour.

Anyway with Dizzy and Tommy saying they hope it happens, at least Tommy said that Dizzy said like if it happens it happens or something like that it makes me think it actually is happening and that's why no one has put a stop to the rumors at all yet. I'm just looking for answers in this strange time for the band.

Modified* I wonder what the Nightrain forum is like right now? Anyone there know if the rumors are all over the place there? Wouldn't the moderators take stuff like that down if it wasn't true because it's the official site?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:24:50 PM by StoneTempleRoses » Logged

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #475 on: September 28, 2015, 01:39:14 AM »

Honestly it looks like a reunion is probably happening right?

I don't think so.

That or Axl is retiring and there just won't be anymore GN'R stuff.

A new album (announced by Axl) by the modern lineup is not a possibillity?

That is what it looks like.

Looks as just another hiatus to me.

First they lost 3 members

Tommy saying recently that he has walked away signals that GN'R as we know it isn't alive anymore.

He said 'they all walked away'.

Now that we know what he said, you must assume they all left, no? Huh

he would have shot down all these reunion rumors a lot quicker than this.

Maybe he is on vacation and/or doesn't give a fuck anymore?

Everyday I'm waiting for Axl to say anything.

Pertaining to some illusional posters on the internet? Something like 'not in this lifetime' sequel ? A rant like in rio3? Another 'Give me a fucking break.' ?

Why wouldn't he if he wasn't doing a reunion or retiring.

I think he hates the press and view the internet as a big garbage-can.

Every GN'R  fan that wants a reunion, which is like almost all of them, will be super disappointed if these rumors persist then he announces new replacements for the lost guys and they aren't Slash ect.

1: Almost all gnrfans wants a reunion? Hyperbole statement imo.
2: usual drama, 'where's slash!' nothing 2 c here
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 02:22:11 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #476 on: September 28, 2015, 11:13:32 AM »

Whatever happens.

/jarmo

Very Good & Simply

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Annie
« Reply #477 on: September 28, 2015, 12:14:41 PM »

Whatever happens.

/jarmo

Very Good & Simply

beer
Best posts on this whole subject! Thankyou guys for being the voice of reason in a somewhat chaotic time!
Princess Leia
« Reply #478 on: September 28, 2015, 12:38:07 PM »

I have no idea.

/jarmo

Axl doesn`t have a problem with Buckethead? That`s news to me... Since when? That`s not what Axl said in his statement announcing Buckethead departure
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #479 on: September 28, 2015, 02:22:17 PM »

I have no idea.

/jarmo

Axl doesn`t have a problem with Buckethead? That`s news to me... Since when? That`s not what Axl said in his statement announcing Buckethead departure

I think the departure comments were based on untruths by Merck and others,  and have since been resolved.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: