Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2024, 10:50:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228455 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 130472 times)
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #440 on: September 25, 2015, 03:55:56 PM »

Roll Eyes

Hard to take anything he says about GN'R seriously after his previous comments about the band.

/jarmo

Why? He's gushing over the band and what that album meant to him. Said he would retire and follow the band like a dead-head. His issues were with Axl's behavior not the band. It's a positive article.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #441 on: September 25, 2015, 04:06:35 PM »

He sure has issues....

He's said he has no respect for Axl.

No respect for the singer in the band you want to reunite, the singer who sings and helped create those songs you love sooo much? Ok....
Without Axl, there is no fucking reunion to gush over!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #442 on: September 25, 2015, 04:13:05 PM »

Without Axl, there is no fucking reunion to gush over!

/jarmo

::Gasp::  Jarmo spilled the beans!!  hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #443 on: September 25, 2015, 04:19:42 PM »

I don't think Corey is aware that the guy he has no respect for, has to be there for there to be a reunion.....

If he was aware, maybe he'd have some respect for him... All of a sudden!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #444 on: September 25, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »

Corey Taylor is a duplicitous ass, look what he says in this interview-

http://m.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/music/more-our-qa-slipknots-corey-taylor

"Oh, dude, 14 ? 14-year-old me. I saw Guns N' Roses open for Aerosmith in '86. And it was probably one of the greatest concerts I ever saw in my life. They were the ? they were my Rolling Stones. You know, they were my rock 'n' roll band. And they always will be, even as Axl tries to kill the name. Um, it is what it is, but there you go."

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:00:54 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #445 on: September 25, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »

Isn't he just saying he likes Axl the artist, but not quite as onboard with Axl the person?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #446 on: September 25, 2015, 05:22:42 PM »

Isn't he just saying he likes Axl the artist, but not quite as onboard with Axl the person?

What's the difference? You don't have one without the other.... If Axl wasn't the person he is, he wouldn't be the artist he is. And vice versa.

This guy is the same one who bragged about putting his balls on Axl's piano.

A guy wearing a mask on stage is taking cheap shots at Axl.... That's funny.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #447 on: September 25, 2015, 06:18:14 PM »

What's the difference? You don't have one without the other.... If Axl wasn't the person he is, he wouldn't be the artist he is. And vice versa.

What the hell are you talking about?

Mike Tyson and Allen Iverson are 2 of my favorite athletes ever.  Breathtakingly amazing to watch in their primes.  Unfortunately, both men have also shown a consistent pattern of being pretty repugnant human beings. 

So I can't enjoy Tyson running over Michael Spinks in 91 seconds or a killer crossover dribble because I don't find them to be great guys out of the ring and off the court?

Russell Crowe and Johnny Depp are 2 of my favorite actors.  I find both very versatile and masters of their craft.  However, by all accounts, Crowe is a flaming asshole and Deep is a complete weirdo.

But I can't still love me some Maximus and Captain Jack Sparrow, even if I don't find them as compelling in real life as I do on the screen?

Being a fan of someone doesn't mean you have to adopt the fucking guy as a brother or leaving him a standing invitation for dinner.

Does it?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #448 on: September 25, 2015, 06:18:28 PM »

This guy is the same one who bragged about putting his balls on Axl's piano.

A guy wearing a mask on stage is taking cheap shots at Axl.... That's funny.

/jarmo

good point! it goes along with that whole you know where to put your just shut up and sing thing. you cant just have the voice. its like wanting a girls big boobs but not wanting anything to do with her.

the one thing i could not accept is if axl just pretended cd never happened and dropped all traces of it from the set list. what a slap in the face that would be for me. axl trying to disassociate himself with cd would be so sad.

corey owes axl an apology. i mean, im sure all of us probably do from something we said somewhere along the line as the wise cinneater once said. but man, corey has been super disrespectful.

btw hbk you are too funny man! always a pleasure to see your posts.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #449 on: September 25, 2015, 06:45:49 PM »

dx, according to the way you see it, to take it to an extreme, would you hang up a painting in your house made by hitler? would you listen to music created by someone you were positive was a child molestor? that would be way too creepy. for me you cannot seperate rhe art from the person. with athletes it may be a different story. dont know because i have zero interest in sports.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #450 on: September 25, 2015, 07:02:07 PM »

I'll play Devils advocate here, I get what Jarmo means.

The reason Axl is so fucking good at what he does is because of who he is off "the court". We all know that.

The argument is whether you like the off the court stuff or not. For me, I accept it. Normal human beings don't get to be as good as they are without some flaw in their character traits. Maradona was one of the best footballers of all time but a complete nut case. Tyson the same, tiger woods, you could name a tonne of flawed geniuses. I don't subscribe to the fact you have to like it but generally I'm happy to take whole package, it makes things a lot more interesting than say a Roger Federer.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #451 on: September 25, 2015, 07:05:52 PM »

if prostitute were written by someone that was a complete sellout, would it be as powerful? fuck no! what makes it cool is that axl never compromised his vision. despite all thepressures in the world, cd didnt come out till he wanted it to. the album means so much more because of how axl lives his life. free from the need to please others. that is a trait that belongs to every one of my heroes.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #452 on: September 25, 2015, 07:09:52 PM »

dx, according to the way you see it, to take it to an extreme, would you hang up a painting in your house made by hitler? would you listen to music created by someone you were positive was a child molestor? that would be way too creepy. for me you cannot seperate rhe art from the person. with athletes it may be a different story. dont know because i have zero interest in sports.

Yeah, this is taking it to an extreme.  Hitler analogies are never a good plan of attack.

Not a sports guy?  No worries.  Let's just keep it within the realm of music.

Jim Morrison - Great vocalist and amazing live frontman.  Also a fall down drunk that exposed himself on stage.

Dr. Dre - One of the biggest figures in rap history.  Also has incidents where he's beaten women and led cops on a high speed chase high as a kite.

Kurt Cobain - Amazing songwriter and cultural icon.  Also near completely anti-social and miserable.

The bad incidents here are bad, no question about it.  But not to the point you can't appreciate their music.

And I'm not a real big "that's all part of his art" type of fella.  Sometimes, an asshole is just an asshole, extremely talented though he or she may be.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #453 on: September 25, 2015, 07:14:14 PM »

The reason Axl is so fucking good at what he does is because of who he is off "the court". We all know that.

The argument is whether you like the off the court stuff or not. For me, I accept it.

Well, I think we all do, don't we?  None of us would have made it going on 30 years if we could not get past that stuff.

I'm just saying we don't stick our fingers in our ears and go la-la-la-la, like its not there.  It's there and it is what it is.

And none of that should interfere with liking his music.  I'd think 'Estranged' was a great song regardless of Axl was a bastard or the greatest guy that ever lived.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #454 on: September 25, 2015, 07:17:01 PM »

jim. i dont see being a drunk as immoral so it doesnt bother me.

kurt cobain, i refuse to listen to his music because he killed himself. one of my exes brothers admired him the way i admire axl... what a depressing dude he was. true story. kurt did the ultimate cowardly act and i do not want him influencing me in any way.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 07:22:53 PM by rj seitz » Logged

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #455 on: September 25, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »

japan is the most accepting nation of alcohol in the world. you can be a complete drunk here and still be an upstanding dude asfar as society cares. and jim denies that he exposed himself. but even if he showed his dick to people, i dont care lol.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #456 on: September 25, 2015, 07:23:15 PM »

kurt cobain, i refuse to listen to his music because he killed himself. one of my exes admired him the way i admire axl... what a depressing dude he was. true story. kurt did the ultimate cowardly act and i do not want him influencing me in any way.

I actually have that exact opinion on suicide.  I find it does NOT fly in the public arena though, haha.  But I'm right with you.

But strongly though I may feel about the subject, 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' a great god damn song.

People tell me they can't watch a Sean Penn movie because he's an asshole.  Yes, he is an asshole.  Doesn't mean he can't act though.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #457 on: September 25, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »

japan is the most accepting nation of alcohol in the world. you can be a complete drunk here and still be an upstanding dude asfar as society cares. and jim denies that he exposed himself. but even if he showed his dick to people, i dont care lol.

Early Morrison is so god damn cool.  That Hollywood Bowl concert?  Amazing.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #458 on: September 25, 2015, 07:24:39 PM »

lol i accidentally called my ex a dude. it was a typo i swear. i am one hundred percent straight. omg, that was the worst typo of all time.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #459 on: September 25, 2015, 07:28:54 PM »

Early Morrison is so god damn cool.  That Hollywood Bowl concert?  Amazing.

i fuck8n love jim. that quote, that you should follow your fear, led me straight out of that sickening fear of hell and into the loving arms of esoteric spirituality. all because i wanted to be like jim because i thought he was so cool. so i took his advice. i also took mushrooms Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: