Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 13, 2024, 07:23:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228436 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 129641 times)
Manek
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #420 on: September 24, 2015, 03:49:29 PM »

DX, Probably right, I'd still love for them to say that if they're gonna do it, do it huge! (See if they can be GNR again).  I don't mean to belittle the new stuff, I love CD and have loved all of the multiple shows of the new band's I've been to.  
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:52:34 PM by Manek » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #421 on: September 24, 2015, 03:51:19 PM »

I think any new reunion album is a total pipe dream.

At best, they do a reunion tour for $BIG DOLLAZ$

And there aint nothin wrong with gettin paid.

Some confirmation one way or the other would really be appreciated ... ha!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #422 on: September 24, 2015, 04:12:30 PM »

I think any new reunion album is a total pipe dream.

At best, they do a reunion tour for $BIG DOLLAZ$

And there aint nothin wrong with gettin paid.

Some confirmation one way or the other would really be appreciated ... ha!

True.  But this is Guns N' Roses.  I'm starting to think that when Axl Rose is told what's being served for dinner, it's given the same secrecy that the atomic bomb was given in 1945.  Roll Eyes
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #423 on: September 24, 2015, 04:30:11 PM »

agree...except I would take Matt over Popcorn or just bring both... and Dizzy....do it right or don't do it at all.

Yea I?d love to see both Steven and Matt involved.

I would prefer to just have Matt if they were going to go down that road.  The summer of 1991 was the peak of that era in my opinion.  Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt and Dizzy.  That band was a fucking machine.

Nothing against Steven, but I don't think he A. Has the chops to bring it 100% every night or B. Is reliable enough.  Steven's style of playing really belongs in the 80's, never been much of a fan of it.

I would also think a hybrid of Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Richard, Frank and Chris could be pretty great. Especially with writing new music.  The only real clunker of a song the new line up has made so far IMO is "Goin Down"  and that was never actually released.   Sounds like a shitty generic "rock n roll"  b-side.  It is also unfair to judge a song on an unfinished leaked version, so we'll see how that song ends up I guess.  The fusion of old and new could create some interesting and more importantly DIFFERENT sounding songs.

Also, on a side note on a potential reunion.  Does anyone even know if Izzy would want anything to do with this?  I have not seen any indication in the last 20 plus years that he would.

If you look at that one extensive interview Izzy did a few years ago.. I'm pretty sure he did state that he would love to do a reunion of some kind, he was not very specific and I'm sure he doesn't want to do a two year world tour..but I do remember his answer being like " yeah of course... those are my songs".

It is somewhere in the Ex Gunner section. I am running out the door, otherwise, I would look for it and post the link.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #424 on: September 24, 2015, 05:08:39 PM »

best bet Izzy would want in if the stars align.....too much money to be made even for a limited amount of shows.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #425 on: September 24, 2015, 07:19:35 PM »

It must include Dizzy!!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #426 on: September 24, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »

I hear you, and I get what you're saying.  I guess if I absolutely HAD to choose a side, I'd say that Yes, it will come out EVENTUALLY.  If only because, as many love to point out, it's done, and there seems to be at least some sort of desire to put it out on Axl's part.  It all comes down to when he and the genius negotiating powers of the current management team muster up the will to do whatever has to happen to make the album a reality, and not just a bunch of files taking up room on Axl's software, which is all it is at this point.

I just refuse to listen to anyone that's going to come on real strong (be it pro, or con) but then when asked to go on record with the opposite opinion, you just get a bunch of excuses why they can't.

I think that's weak.  If you are going to wade into a conversation and start puffing out your chest, logically, you believe the other thing. 

It should not take a firing squad to get you to cop to it out loud.  If you are right, great.  If you are wrong, oh well.  But go on record.

I equivocally believe that yes another GNR record will come out. (and I do mean of new music , not being some sort or 30 yr remastered re-release of AFD), I just choose to not bother wading into the day to day discussions, arguments, debates..etc.etc. I do that enough on a daily basis with a good friend from Norway.lol But at least even though he as many have tired of the round and round, and he prefers the original lineup and believes that they will reunite at some point. I spent my fair share of debating and discussing the opposite(though at the core I would not be opposed to whatever situation comes forth I mean I did fall in love with this band in 87),but boy would it be boring if that was all we talked about everyday.lol Anyway, he has a nice project hes been working on, remastering all the rare and live, and non studio things,and demos from early days, Crash Diet, etc JJF, and making them sound almost close to A+ recordings, so at least its like I get to hear these songs in a new light, and much better quality now, and that is exciting to me . Otherwise, love sitting back reading, getting a good chuckle , but more important, I love Jarmo's forum, and having on numerous occasions gotten to chat with meet up share drinks in parking lots at shows and bars with him, I have mad respect for him as a human being. And I think pretty much for the most part, all here are really devoted and fans of GNR. How some go about that at times is cringe-worthy on both sides lol. But if you were to ask me I absolutely with no problems or questions will be happy to say that a new GNR album will drop. Till then I'll go back to reading the forum.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #427 on: September 24, 2015, 11:06:23 PM »

I want Paul Huge back!
but on a serious note... what about him?

I see ppl here talkin about combo writing etc. like, "Slash, Fortus, Tommy,... combos... etc"
but if Slash didnt feel like working with Paul Huge who was Axl's friend. How would he feel about working with the "new guys".

edit: ^^^I sound like 1 of the conspiracy theorists...

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 11:13:39 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #428 on: September 25, 2015, 08:46:01 AM »

best bet Izzy would want in if the stars align.....too much money to be made even for a limited amount of shows.

Izzy wanting to be a part of the Hall of Fame induction if Axl was attending makes me believe he'd want some sort of involvement in a reunion tour.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2015, 08:51:52 AM »

He is not fucking stupid. He can make millions of dollars, be really set for life, in a matter of months.  Shocked

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #430 on: September 25, 2015, 08:59:55 AM »

Ahhh,, yes yes... AxL, SLASH, DUFF, IZZY, MATT,,, Original Line Up !!!

UNDERSTAND !!

hihi rofl hihi

Your still struggling to understand so I'll try once again. Who said anything about original line up? I'm talking about a reunion. Big difference. I, myself have no care at all who are the "official" original members, who are the best members, or who are the worse members. Your over-thinking trying to be funny and all your doing is coming across as ignorant. I was giving my thoughts about a reunion and who I'd like to see in the band. It's only my preference but since it may not coincide with your viewpoint, you misconstrue my post to make fun of my opinion. You'd be better off making fun of your own lineup preferences, which is completely okay to have, instead of incorrectly translating my post.

Hope you now understand.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #431 on: September 25, 2015, 10:34:01 AM »

He is not fucking stupid. He can make millions of dollars, be really set for life, in a matter of months.  Shocked

You would have to be a fool to turn it down.

Another thing is that the hold up here was always Axl.  Well, if this happens...isn't Axl now the hero of the story?

Won't just about everyone forgive and forget and just be happy they get to see their favorite band again?

If they announce a full blown reunion tour, are there really going to be people still harping on anything he's done since the break-up?  At that point...who the hell cares?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #432 on: September 25, 2015, 11:03:58 AM »

But, but.. What about the setlist?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #433 on: September 25, 2015, 11:07:45 AM »

But, but.. What about the setlist?  hihi

Presumably, it would be filled with better tunes.  Can't see many complaints forthcoming on that front.

A reunion is like patching it up with the wife.  You both pretend the ill fated time spent with the girlfriend never happened.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #434 on: September 25, 2015, 11:09:54 AM »

You optimist!

hihi

I don't get the "filled with better tunes" part. Please explain.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #435 on: September 25, 2015, 11:24:04 AM »

I don't get the "filled with better tunes" part. Please explain.

Swapping out CD tunes for UYI tunes.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #436 on: September 25, 2015, 12:00:49 PM »

Ah, personal tastes...

/jarmo

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #437 on: September 25, 2015, 12:19:53 PM »

Here's a cool interview with Corey Taylor.  It's cool to see that there are famous people/musicians as geeked out about the possibility of a reunion as we are.

http://www.nme.com/news/slipknot/88556
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #438 on: September 25, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »

Roll Eyes

Hard to take anything he says about GN'R seriously after his previous comments about the band.

/jarmo

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #439 on: September 25, 2015, 01:13:51 PM »

Here's a cool interview with Corey Taylor.  It's cool to see that there are famous people/musicians as geeked out about the possibility of a reunion as we are.

http://www.nme.com/news/slipknot/88556

Asshole This Person... But Good Musician

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: