Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 13, 2024, 07:23:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228436 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 129643 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #400 on: September 24, 2015, 08:54:34 AM »

I think it would be great to get a new album so we could hear some new music collaborated by Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt/Steven and a world tour.

Ahhh,,, you need tour whit 2 drums, understand

ok

No. My slash punctuation symbol referred to either Matt or Steven, not both.

Do you understand now?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
SV4GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2015, 11:16:06 AM »

I've never really cared about a reunion or who was in the band as long as the band continued to tour so I could have the opportunity to go to shows. But I do have to say I can see a reunion happening things are kind of lining up. I mean the only guys left are Richard and Frank which is who they would need because I don't see Izzy committing to a long term tour nor am I sure Steven could still play all the songs but I could be wrong. And no one is denying anything just saying I'm not going to talk about that. But I guess we all just get to sit and wait and ponder. Twiddling Thumbs waiting impatiently  smoking
My guess for the line up
Axl
Slash
Duff
Richard
Frank
Dizzy
Pitman
and on occasion Izzy and stretching maybe Steven
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2015, 02:39:55 PM »

I don't know if you could bring Steven back for a one off.

Mainly, because I have to believe if he's not included in any reunion tour fulltime, he is going to have a fucking conniption fit and will poison the well.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2015, 02:52:54 PM »

If Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven are all in for a reunion, great. I'll be there.
If they aren?t, I say leave it alone.
A half assed, semi reunion at this point seems completely pointless to me.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #404 on: September 24, 2015, 02:57:24 PM »

agree...except I would take Matt over Popcorn or just bring both... and Dizzy....do it right or don't do it at all.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #405 on: September 24, 2015, 03:00:51 PM »

If Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven are all in for a reunion, great. I'll be there.

But we've been dealing with half assery for over 10 years, have we not?

So if you were OK with a certain level of half assery all this time, why would you not be onboard with a less half assed option, even if not ideal?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #406 on: September 24, 2015, 03:03:32 PM »

either it stays with some form of hired hand, modern lineup or full on reunion of the classic lineup. That's what I prefer....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:05:52 PM by sky dog » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #407 on: September 24, 2015, 03:06:39 PM »

half a :ossery since 1993?

Well, sure.  I see that argument.

But I tend to find it unfair.  It wasn't like Axl got to work on a new band on 7/18/93.

I don't really even start the clock the day of the infamous MTV fax (10/31/96) for the same reason.

But by 1998-99ish, he was up and rolling.  I think that's where you have to start the clock.

Manek
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #408 on: September 24, 2015, 03:07:58 PM »

As long as Axl and Slash are involved it's a reunion.  I'm sure Duff would be there which would be great.  I'm sure Izzy would show up to do an encore here and there.  That would be great.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #409 on: September 24, 2015, 03:08:50 PM »

yes, technically the clock started officially in 1998 when Slash and Duff were formally and legally gone. 5-1-1998 to be exact...

"Since 1992, the parties have executed various amendments to the Recording Agreement, including most notably, two amendments dated as of May 1, 1998. One of these amendments, see Froeling Decl. Ex. D, confirmed Slash's and Duff's departure from the band and their status as 'Leaving Members'? under the 1992 Recording Agreement, thereby relieving them of charges against their royalty accounts for the enormous recording costs and other expenses being incurred by Axl Rose (the only 'Remaining Member' of Guns N' Roses) in connection with the recording of the new Guns N' Roses studio album."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:15:28 PM by sky dog » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #410 on: September 24, 2015, 03:10:12 PM »

As long as Axl and Slash are involved it's a reunion.  I'm sure Duff would be there which would be great.  I'm sure Izzy would show up to do an encore here and there.  That would be great.

Pretty much.

There won't be even one less ticket sold if there is no Steven Adler.

That's not to say we won't have some people online swear they won't go.  The difference between a reunion tour and one of the past few tours, however, is that someone will gladly step in and still buy that ticket.

Axl/Slash/Duff moves tickets juuuuuuuuuuuust fine

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #411 on: September 24, 2015, 03:14:47 PM »

I think it would be great to get a new album so we could hear some new music collaborated by Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt/Steven and a world tour.

Ahhh,,, you need tour whit 2 drums, understand

ok

No. My slash punctuation symbol referred to either Matt or Steven, not both.

Do you understand now?

Ahhh,, yes yes... AxL, SLASH, DUFF, IZZY, MATT,,, Original Line Up !!!

UNDERSTAND !!

hihi rofl hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Manek
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #412 on: September 24, 2015, 03:26:12 PM »

My opinion on the reunion happening (mind you, I'm drinking away my afternoon when I should be working).  I'm at the point that I think it is happening.  It would be very unlike Axl to not shoot this down asap (unless he's really finished with the business).  I can't see him letting this conversation continue if he were still planning on putting together a new GN'R.  Of Course, what do I know.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #413 on: September 24, 2015, 03:27:47 PM »

Nothing. It's Five O'CLock Somewhere.  Grin

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #414 on: September 24, 2015, 03:27:51 PM »

agree...except I would take Matt over Popcorn or just bring both... and Dizzy....do it right or don't do it at all.

Yea I?d love to see both Steven and Matt involved.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2015, 03:28:27 PM »

But we've been dealing with half assery for over 10 years, have we not?

So if you were OK with a certain level of half assery all this time, why would you not be onboard with a less half assed option, even if not ideal?

Yes, we have, but I think enough is enough.
I don?t see the point in mixing and matching the different eras, as they really had nothing to do with each other.
Slash and Fortus is not a reunion. It?s an introduction. It?s half assed, and I?ve personally had my fill of that after suffering through Ashba the last time I saw Guns.

I don?t doubt a half assed reunion would still be a great live show, but I?ve seen plenty of great live shows.
Seeing classic Guns back on stage together would be an experience. They were the last great rock n? roll band we have and may ever see.
Axl, Slash, Duff and insert hired hand here does not equal Guns N? Roses to me. Sure it tilts the needle more towards legitimacy but it would still feel like something is missing, so why do it?
Wait until everyone is on board, and if that doesn?t happen, oh well.

I sure as hell don?t want to hear any sort of reunion record without Izzy?s involvement.

All that said, I can talk a big game now, but if tickets go on sale for a show in which Axl and Slash will be sharing the same stage again, yea, there?s a great chance I'm buying them.
But the prospect of a hybrid lineup really isn?t the least bit exciting to me at this moment.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #416 on: September 24, 2015, 03:37:06 PM »

half measures availed us nothing.....

Manek
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #417 on: September 24, 2015, 03:40:45 PM »

If there's songwriting, Izzy would have to be involved.  Touring would be whenever he shows up, and that would be great!  I'd be fine with Fortus or whoever for rhythm if Slash is there.  I don't buy the people that say if not Izzy then it must be Gilby, fuck Gilby and his using the GN'R name to do his shit LA club shows all these years ( I've played on those bills many times by chance).  I played opening for a band called Aces and Eights at the Whisky and their whole claim was one guy used to play with Axl, meanwhile they're headlining with no crowd except ours that stayed around, these guys have been living off the GN'R name for so long in Hollywood (I do miss the Cat Club though and did like the Starfuckers on heavy drinking Thursday nights)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #418 on: September 24, 2015, 03:44:35 PM »

I think any new reunion album is a total pipe dream.

At best, they do a reunion tour for $BIG DOLLAZ$

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2015, 03:46:22 PM »

Yea I?d love to see both Steven and Matt involved.

I would prefer to just have Matt if they were going to go down that road.  The summer of 1991 was the peak of that era in my opinion.  Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt and Dizzy.  That band was a fucking machine.

Nothing against Steven, but I don't think he A. Has the chops to bring it 100% every night or B. Is reliable enough.  Steven's style of playing really belongs in the 80's, never been much of a fan of it.

I would also think a hybrid of Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Richard, Frank and Chris could be pretty great. Especially with writing new music.  I really enjoy what the "new" players have brought to the band so far.  The only real clunker of a song the new line up has made so far IMO is "Goin Down"  and that was never actually released.     The fusion of old and new could create some interesting and more importantly DIFFERENT sounding songs.

Also, on a side note on a potential reunion,  does anyone even know if Izzy would want anything to do with this?  I have not seen any indication in the last 20 plus years that he would.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 01:02:47 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: