Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 25, 2024, 10:26:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228368 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 127392 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #380 on: September 23, 2015, 12:20:32 PM »

Yes I do. I refuse to believe Chinese Democracy was the last GN'R album ever.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #381 on: September 23, 2015, 12:25:29 PM »

Yes I do. I refuse to believe Chinese Democracy was the last GN'R album ever.

Alrighty then!  I'm not even being a smartass here.  I appreciate the stance.

I hope you are right, even if I have severe doubts.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #382 on: September 23, 2015, 12:44:01 PM »

Basicly, this is how I view it:  Axl + afd-guys under a diferent name/gig yeah, reunion, no.

I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff, but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me /axl

I would like to see the reunion happen and give all those people who said the reunion would never happen a big shit sandwich to eat.

give it to axl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GySgwfYOOA and slash http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/a-guns-n-roses-reunion-no-way-says-guitarist-slash/

No fan could have ever predicted a reunion would happen, nor could any fan have ever predicted a reunion would not happen either.

I admit it I got less intrest in oldgnr-reunion than moderngnr but I just say I don't think it will happen and why I don't think it will happen.

Don't shoot the messenger. peace

Although, if the reunion doesn't happen, I will continue to enjoy the music from AFD, UYI I/II, and Live Era '87-'93.

Maybe I'll make you (plural) a sandwich. Grin

(@  those who construe the impression; 'Tommy is out, reunion is imminent').

Why give me a sandwich to eat? Cause I'd continue to enjoy the music I've always appreciated? I've never said this is going to happen or this is never going to happen like you and others have said. Where have I ever made a comment to that nature? With Axl, maybe he'd deserve a sandwich to eat as well. What changed his mind? Was he just caught up in all of his emotions from the past with ex-GN'R members? Did he really have a change of heart now? Maybe so, and if so that's cool. Making changes doesn't always work out the way you hope they will. Wouldn't it be horrible if a reunion idea was solely based on a huge money grab and not something more intimate? Again, I think it would would be amazing to have a reunion and for those members to collaborate and release a new album. Am I saying it's going to happen? No. Am I getting my hopes up that it will happen? No. But if it does happen, I will be excited.

So this is a good point.  However, we already have a sense of what that music would be like.  Regardless of your feelings towards the current(?) line up, it was the mix of the AFD UYI members that made the band what it was.   You had duff's punk rock roots, mixed with slash and izzy's blues rock, and add tear your face off axl and you got AFD.  Regardless of their reasons for collaborating, the musical fusion that they are as a unit still is what it is.  I wouldn't be concerned with it not working, or not working well.  I would be more concerned with how long it would work for.  I think any reason to get those guys in a room with their gear and play some music would lead to great things musically speaking, beyond that who knows?

"Get those guys in a room with their gear and play some music" - you do know that isn't how the UYI's came together, right?

With today's technology the mythic vision some fans have of how a band writes music is naive at best.

Yeah, I get that that's not how UYI came together.  Lot's of UYI was written long before those sessions.  Some of it before AFD songs were done.  At the time of the actual recording sessions they had been playing together in the band.  Not a defunct version of it.  So its really quite different.  When i say get them playing music together I am not referring to recording sessions.  I'm referring to the emotion of playing some songs, recognizing that they won't bite each other, and moving on from an emotional standpoint.  as i said, beyond that, who knows.  I certainly don't think my comment is naive, i know how they have written and recorded historically. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #383 on: September 23, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »

Considering it's already done, I don't have that kind of doubts.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #384 on: September 23, 2015, 01:07:40 PM »

Considering it's already done, I don't have that kind of doubts.

Well, its been done for years.  So, obviously, something is amiss.

I personally think in the midst of massive band defections it does not bode well for progress on the new album front, but I suppose we shall see.

I just tend to feel if he hasn't been able to get this together for years with a band, I'm not sure why he's going to have better luck without one.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #385 on: September 23, 2015, 01:09:41 PM »

When Chinese Democracy was released, there was confusion regarding who was in the band as well. Yet, it came out.

And we both know that album was never "supposed" to be out if you would've believed all the naysayers.

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #386 on: September 23, 2015, 01:13:14 PM »

with Jarmo on this, you don't need a band to release an album if all the recording is done. Pretty simple really.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:20:57 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #387 on: September 23, 2015, 01:13:54 PM »

When Chinese Democracy was released, there was confusion regarding who was in the band as well. Yet, it came out.

That pretty much has to be our hope.

He releases something with a cast of thousands playing on the songs, then cobbles some sort of line-up for touring the next year.

As you say, not unprecedented.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #388 on: September 23, 2015, 01:14:39 PM »

with Jarmo on this, you don't need a band to release an album if all the recording is done. Prett simple really.

Been done though.  You could have made this same argument for what, 3 years now?  4?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #389 on: September 23, 2015, 01:38:13 PM »

with Jarmo on this, you don't need a band to release an album if all the recording is done. Prett simple really.

Been done though.  You could have made this same argument for what, 3 years now?  4?

Not necessarily to the degree it is now, you have no way of substantiating your claim of 3 or 4 years.

I do plan on gloating when the new album is released, be forewarned.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #390 on: September 23, 2015, 01:51:15 PM »

As well you should.

Anyone willing to concretely go on record saying they believe its coming out will have that right.  Not even a question.

Those that didn't...won't.  Not credibly, anyway.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #391 on: September 23, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »

When you consider that Axl originally planned to put it out a year after Chinese, you could argue the next album has been done almost since Chinese dropped, save for mixing and mastering.

How's that gone for us? 

Look, I don't doubt that an album exists in some form.  But I don't know whether it's an album, or a collection of songs that were recorded from 1999-2007 that haven't been filed down to a coherent tracklisting yet. And if that hasn't been done yet, it might as well be just another thing collecting dust in Axl's "vault".
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #392 on: September 23, 2015, 02:13:05 PM »

As well you should.

Anyone willing to concretely go on record saying they believe its coming out will have that right.  Not even a question.

Those that didn't...won't.  Not credibly, anyway.

I don't know if I'll ever give a definitive "It's never coming." stance, because at the end of the day Axl could be on the phone with Jimmy Iovine (or whoever) negotiating a release as I type this.....Or he could be eating cheetos in front of his big screen t.v. doing a whole lotta nothing.  We can't know.  But if history is an indicator, and things continue to be radio silent behind the scenes, save for more stupid cryptic promises from Fernando about news that may or may not be forthcoming....Well, fool me once and all that...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #393 on: September 23, 2015, 02:23:06 PM »

I don't know if I'll ever give a definitive "It's never coming." stance, because at the end of the day Axl could be on the phone with Jimmy Iovine (or whoever) negotiating a release as I type this.....Or he could be eating cheetos in front of his big screen t.v. doing a whole lotta nothing.  We can't know.  But if history is an indicator, and things continue to be radio silent behind the scenes, save for more stupid cryptic promises from Fernando about news that may or may not be forthcoming....Well, fool me once and all that...

Someone like me is wrong the second it comes out, because I've said it ain't coming.

Someone like Jarmo and Emily are right the second it does, because they said it would.

Its the wishy washy types I can't stand.  People that dip a toe in.  They want to chide someone who doubts, but then its Cop Out City when they have to go on record with definitive belief and support.  They "can't say".  It's "not their place".  They "will have to see."

Lame.  Lame bullshit, that routine.

I will never have a beef with anyone that states a position (regardless of my agreement with it), defends it, and awaits the outcome.  That's how debate works.

Conversely, I will never respect anyone that can't take a stance, one way or the other.  That's fence sitting buffoonery.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #394 on: September 23, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »

"Because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth."  hihi

I hear you, and I get what you're saying.  I guess if I absolutely HAD to choose a side, I'd say that Yes, it will come out EVENTUALLY.  If only because, as many love to point out, it's done, and there seems to be at least some sort of desire to put it out on Axl's part.  It all comes down to when he and the genius negotiating powers of the current management team muster up the will to do whatever has to happen to make the album a reality, and not just a bunch of files taking up room on Axl's software, which is all it is at this point.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 02:36:29 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #395 on: September 23, 2015, 02:38:46 PM »

I hear you, and I get what you're saying.  I guess if I absolutely HAD to choose a side, I'd say that Yes, it will come out EVENTUALLY.  If only because, as many love to point out, it's done, and there seems to be at least some sort of desire to put it out on Axl's part.  It all comes down to when he and the genius negotiating powers of the current management team muster up the will to do whatever has to happen to make the album a reality, and not just a bunch of files taking up room on Axl's software, which is all it is at this point.

I just refuse to listen to anyone that's going to come on real strong (be it pro, or con) but then when asked to go on record with the opposite opinion, you just get a bunch of excuses why they can't.

I think that's weak.  If you are going to wade into a conversation and start puffing out your chest, logically, you believe the other thing. 

It should not take a firing squad to get you to cop to it out loud.  If you are right, great.  If you are wrong, oh well.  But go on record.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #396 on: September 23, 2015, 06:28:34 PM »

I just refuse to listen to anyone that's going to come on real strong (be it pro, or con) but then when asked to go on record with the opposite opinion, you just get a bunch of excuses why they can't.

I think that's weak.  If you are going to wade into a conversation and start puffing out your chest, logically, you believe the other thing. 

It should not take a firing squad to get you to cop to it out loud.  If you are right, great.  If you are wrong, oh well.  But go on record.

I generally agree with you on most things... but im not sure i really understand what the big deal is.

I have no fucking clue whether this thing is gonna come out... with Axl being the way he is... anything could happen... or not happen. Its a complete 50/50 in my book.

It's probably the one thing i will sit on the fence about.. because there's no way of fucking knowing what will happen. I dont sit on the fence on many things on here... and i even have strong opinions on other things relating to the release of CD2... which is anything but sitting on the fence, such as... the excuses for it not being released and the dragging on of it is embarrassing on a number of levels. Axl and guns seem to be just about the only band in the world that has this much trouble getting an album out... everyone else seems to do ok with releasing stuff.. so wtf is going on.. no-one knows because the band and the front man and management dont say shit.. thats why the fans end up in petty squables like this.

At the end of the day, if i was pushed.. id say it will eventually see the light of day... as for the timeline... thats anyone's guess.. but realistically.. we are past the time frame of reasonable expectation.

Before Emily or Jarmo jump on me about my post being unsolicited advice or trying to pass it off as fact.. its an opinion.  Cheesy

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #397 on: September 23, 2015, 06:48:42 PM »

Someone like me is wrong the second it comes out, because I've said it ain't coming.

Someone like Jarmo and Emily are right the second it does, because they said it would.

Its the wishy washy types I can't stand.  People that dip a toe in.  They want to chide someone who doubts, but then its Cop Out City when they have to go on record with definitive belief and support.  They "can't say".  It's "not their place".  They "will have to see."

Lame.  Lame bullshit, that routine.

I will never have a beef with anyone that states a position (regardless of my agreement with it), defends it, and awaits the outcome.  That's how debate works.

Conversely, I will never respect anyone that can't take a stance, one way or the other.  That's fence sitting buffoonery.

that is the coolest thing you hav3 ever said and i agree completely. and btw, this mother fucker IS coming out. not like in a liberachee way but well, you know.

greetings from japan everyone! thank you axl for all the inspiration to follow my dreams! im finally living here after many years of hardship. i feel like all my stars are aligning and that makes me feel all the more that it will be out soon. call me crazy, creepy, or weird, seriously dgaf.

thank you jarmo and emily for always standing at the front lines. didnt know what to think of you guys at first but iv3 grown to adore your commitment and unwishy washyness.

also, im on the nightrain now! hop3 to see some of you there. sorry for sloppiness. (hates phones)

btw, anyone see jersey boys? I had no idea that frankie dude existed but when i heard his voice i immideately went "holy shit, thats a lot like axls voice". what a badass! anyone know if he inspired axl at all? maybe someday soon ill share my falsetto with you all if you promise not to laugh. i was driving my dad crazy after we watched it because i couldnt stop trying to imitate his voice haha. yay for me for finding a new awesome singer to admire!!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:46:05 PM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #398 on: September 23, 2015, 11:45:29 PM »

I'm with jarmo, Chinese can't be the last gnr album ever.  I don't think (and this is my opinion, not founded by anything other then what I think) axl was satisfied with it, not just the sales of it, but the record itself.  He seems like the type of guy that's gonna go out with a bang.....CD wasn't huge enough to be his last.

Back to topic of reunion....... hell yes, but the original 5.  It's bogus in my eyes if it's anyone but afd line-up.  I've been a fan forever, so yeah, the original would be so awesome for me.  There are alot of young fans who never experienced what started this whole thing, and that's a shame.  No matter how much you dislike the old band or certain members, there's no denying the greatness that was back then.  If you ever experience that band, you'll know what I mean.  I was totally psyched for the rrhof induction, it happened 3 hours from my house, and then axl wasn't part of it, so I didn't bother.  So yeah, I wanna see the old guys together, if just for a short tour.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2015, 02:04:52 AM »

The Line Up Of GNR, Fashion, Pop, Kings, Famous, Multisales, Worldwide Tour Is In 1992:

Axl
Duff
Reed
Slash
Clarke
Sorum
Anne King   
Diane Jones
Cece Worrall   
Lisa Maxwell   
Tracey Amos
Roberta Freeman   
Teddy ZZ Andreadis

LineUp NOT Original, AFD Line Up NOT Original... Is Classic Line Up y Now Is Discontinued, Never 5 Members Together, is the true.

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: