Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 26, 2024, 12:22:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228370 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 127406 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #360 on: September 21, 2015, 08:51:57 PM »

Basicly, this is how I view it:  Axl + afd-guys under a diferent name/gig yeah, reunion, no.

I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff, but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me /axl

I would like to see the reunion happen and give all those people who said the reunion would never happen a big shit sandwich to eat.

give it to axl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GySgwfYOOA and slash http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/a-guns-n-roses-reunion-no-way-says-guitarist-slash/

No fan could have ever predicted a reunion would happen, nor could any fan have ever predicted a reunion would not happen either.

I admit it I got less intrest in oldgnr-reunion than moderngnr but I just say I don't think it will happen and why I don't think it will happen.

Don't shoot the messenger. peace

Although, if the reunion doesn't happen, I will continue to enjoy the music from AFD, UYI I/II, and Live Era '87-'93.

Maybe I'll make you (plural) a sandwich. Grin

(@  those who construe the impression; 'Tommy is out, reunion is imminent').

Norway, why do you continually bash the classic lineup?? There would be no CD without the originals. I think Axl said something about originals in the notes of the Spaghetti Incident. Look it up, because he was right with that quote. Smiley

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2015, 08:55:32 AM »

Basicly, this is how I view it:  Axl + afd-guys under a diferent name/gig yeah, reunion, no.

I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff, but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me /axl

I would like to see the reunion happen and give all those people who said the reunion would never happen a big shit sandwich to eat.

give it to axl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GySgwfYOOA and slash http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/a-guns-n-roses-reunion-no-way-says-guitarist-slash/

No fan could have ever predicted a reunion would happen, nor could any fan have ever predicted a reunion would not happen either.

I admit it I got less intrest in oldgnr-reunion than moderngnr but I just say I don't think it will happen and why I don't think it will happen.

Although, if the reunion doesn't happen, I will continue to enjoy the music from AFD, UYI I/II, and Live Era '87-'93.

Why give me a sandwich to eat? Cause I'd continue to enjoy the music I've always appreciated? I've never said this is going to happen or this is never going to happen like you and others have said. Where have I ever made a comment to that nature? With Axl, maybe he'd deserve a sandwich to eat as well. What changed his mind? Was he just caught up in all of his emotions from the past with ex-GN'R members? Did he really have a change of heart now? Maybe so, and if so that's cool. Making changes doesn't always work out the way you hope they will. Wouldn't it be horrible if a reunion idea was solely based on a huge money grab and not something more intimate? Again, I think it would would be amazing to have a reunion and for those members to collaborate and release a new album. Am I saying it's going to happen? No. Am I getting my hopes up that it will happen? No. But if it does happen, I will be excited.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2015, 11:11:00 AM »

Why give me a sandwich to eat? Cause I'd continue to enjoy the music I've always appreciated? I've never said this is going to happen or this is never going to happen like you and others have said. Where have I ever made a comment to that nature? With Axl, maybe he'd deserve a sandwich to eat as well. What changed his mind? Was he just caught up in all of his emotions from the past with ex-GN'R members? Did he really have a change of heart now? Maybe so, and if so that's cool. Making changes doesn't always work out the way you hope they will. Wouldn't it be horrible if a reunion idea was solely based on a huge money grab and not something more intimate? Again, I think it would would be amazing to have a reunion and for those members to collaborate and release a new album. Am I saying it's going to happen? No. Am I getting my hopes up that it will happen? No. But if it does happen, I will be excited.

So this is a good point.  However, we already have a sense of what that music would be like.  Regardless of your feelings towards the current(?) line up, it was the mix of the AFD UYI members that made the band what it was.   You had duff's punk rock roots, mixed with slash and izzy's blues rock, and add tear your face off axl and you got AFD.  Regardless of their reasons for collaborating, the musical fusion that they are as a unit still is what it is.  I wouldn't be concerned with it not working, or not working well.  I would be more concerned with how long it would work for.  I think any reason to get those guys in a room with their gear and play some music would lead to great things musically speaking, beyond that who knows?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2015, 11:32:21 AM »

So this is a good point.  However, we already have a sense of what that music would be like.  Regardless of your feelings towards the current(?) line up, it was the mix of the AFD UYI members that made the band what it was.   You had duff's punk rock roots, mixed with slash and izzy's blues rock, and add tear your face off axl and you got AFD.  Regardless of their reasons for collaborating, the musical fusion that they are as a unit still is what it is.  I wouldn't be concerned with it not working, or not working well.  I would be more concerned with how long it would work for.  I think any reason to get those guys in a room with their gear and play some music would lead to great things musically speaking, beyond that who knows?

"Get those guys in a room with their gear and play some music" - you do know that isn't how the UYI's came together, right?

With today's technology the mythic vision some fans have of how a band writes music is naive at best.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2015, 12:23:53 PM »

Forgive me if anyone has brought this up already. But is it possible that the reasons for all this reunion buzz is that axl is in his 50s now and while you have your exceptions like Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, Brian Johnson maybe Axl feels at his age and his ability to sing live he might have a one last hurrah type tour notion in mind. I don't see him pulling a kiss and saying ok heres our farewell tour and then 8 tours later they are still doing tours but maybe he is beginning his end game and wants to finish on a high note so to say.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2015, 02:00:57 PM »

Forgive me if anyone has brought this up already. But is it possible that the reasons for all this reunion buzz is that axl is in his 50s now and while you have your exceptions like Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, Brian Johnson maybe Axl feels at his age and his ability to sing live he might have a one last hurrah type tour notion in mind. I don't see him pulling a kiss and saying ok heres our farewell tour and then 8 tours later they are still doing tours but maybe he is beginning his end game and wants to finish on a high note so to say.

Anything is certainly possible, but plausible? No.

50 isn't as ancient as it looks from age 14  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2015, 07:03:06 PM »

50 most certainly isn't old for a performer, but i think Guns songs take a far higher level of finesse and take a far higher level of strain on Axl then anything that Jagger has to sing.. and this may be a consideration for Axl in terms of his age. Im not saying he cant do it.. but perhaps him not reaching the levels he wants to be at as he gets older could be a determining factor on what his plans are and how long he realiostically wants to go on for.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2015, 07:37:34 PM »

50 most certainly isn't old for a performer, but i think Guns songs take a far higher level of finesse and take a far higher level of strain on Axl then anything that Jagger has to sing.. and this may be a consideration for Axl in terms of his age. Im not saying he cant do it.. but perhaps him not reaching the levels he wants to be at as he gets older could be a determining factor on what his plans are and how long he realiostically wants to go on for.

I don't think anyone can deny that some, if not most of the GNR songs are vocally challenging- a high bar was set, and they are certainly more challenging than most, if not all Stones songs.

But, that said- I maintain that 53 is a far shot from being over the hill, even if it appears absolutely geriatric to some teenagers. Age is relative to where you are looking from.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2015, 07:38:55 PM »

53 is just fine, but you have to work at it a little more.  Any older singer will tell you that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2015, 07:46:40 PM »

53 is just fine, but you have to work at it a little more.  Any older singer will tell you that.

Agreed, some things come easier with age-some are a little harder to maintain.

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2015, 08:09:43 PM »

Agreed, some things come easier with age-some are a little harder to maintain.

No doubt. But Axl hasnt exactly maintained a high level of fitness in the last few years. Perhaps thats a consideration, its all speculation as to what hes thinking or what his intentions are.. im just merely throwing it out there that if he cant get to a level of fitness he wants and be able to perform a show at the level he wants.. then perhaps this has some sort of influence on his future plans. Thats all im saying.

SLASHs brother has it on good authority Axl is working out and losing weight.. so we're all good.  Wink
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2015, 08:30:52 PM »

Bruce Dickinson is 57, and he sounds fantastic - on the new Maiden record as well as live more often than not.   I mention him because although his style is quite different from Axl's, it's more comparable than the likes of Jagger, Ozzy etc., especially with the energy that both put into their live work.  But yeah, it takes a lot of work, and you need to be in good shape to do it well.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #372 on: September 23, 2015, 04:23:36 AM »

He could do this like Dan Mcafferty, who only stopped due to illness.

Norway, why do you continually bash the classic lineup??

I do what? confused

if
1: tommy is not out
and
2: nothing suggest a reunion will happen
I'm a hater?

Looks more like people is starting to shoot the messenger when their bubble burst.

I think Yesterday was great peace

I've never said this is going to happen or this is never going to happen like you and others have said.

I am just quoting Axl and explain why I think the current rumours are unlikely. To me Tommy is being intrerpret in a delusional manner.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 05:49:43 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #373 on: September 23, 2015, 11:14:31 AM »

One thing is for certain, whatever GN'R does, people will whine about it!  hihi

When the focus is on what it's not and what you're not getting, you're missing out on what you are getting and what it is. But, each to their own I guess.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #374 on: September 23, 2015, 11:18:00 AM »

1: tommy is not out

Isn't this just Ron all over again?  How did that turn out?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #375 on: September 23, 2015, 11:21:12 AM »

I would like to see the reunion happen and give all those people who said the reunion would never happen a big shit sandwich to eat. No fan could have ever predicted a reunion would happen, nor could any fan have ever predicted a reunion would not happen either.

I think it would be great to get a new album so we could hear some new music collaborated by Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt/Steven and a world tour.

Welcome To Mc Donalds

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #376 on: September 23, 2015, 11:22:36 AM »

When the focus is on what it's not and what you're not getting, you're missing out on what you are getting and what it is. But, each to their own I guess.

What we are getting, exactly?  What we are getting right now is absolutely nothing.

If you want to cling to the fact that big, big doings are right around the corner...I guess.  Of course, its not like you have the courage to actually go on record and say that.

But even if you did head off the see The Wizard, that hardly affects that nothing is going on right now except band defections and conflicting statements from people that may or may not still be in the band.

That's where we are.  That's "what we're getting" that we should, apparently, not be so cavalier to dismiss and not enjoy to the fullest.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #377 on: September 23, 2015, 11:23:46 AM »

Let me explain it for you. I was talking about the future, when the band is active.

Or the past. Like 2009-2014.
And yes, the so called pointless touring in 2014 sure was horrible compared to today! Right?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #378 on: September 23, 2015, 11:26:48 AM »

I would like to see the reunion happen and give all those people who said the reunion would never happen a big shit sandwich to eat. No fan could have ever predicted a reunion would happen, nor could any fan have ever predicted a reunion would not happen either.

I think it would be great to get a new album so we could hear some new music collaborated by Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt/Steven and a world tour.

Ahhh,,, you need tour whit 2 drums, understand

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #379 on: September 23, 2015, 12:16:34 PM »

Let me explain it for you. I was talking about the future, when the band is active.

OK, progress.  At least, potentially.

So you do, in actual fact, think an album is coming out (at least at some point) with music done by post-2000 people?

Or are we going to revert back to how its not your place to say?

Which?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: