Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2024, 05:46:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228186 Posts in 43265 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 125052 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #340 on: September 16, 2015, 05:49:04 PM »

Thanks for clarifying that funky!

Hm... don't quite know what to make of it then. Seems strange. Then again, maybe its just me that's strange and I project my own strangeness onto things. I'm willing to entertain either option.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #341 on: September 16, 2015, 06:43:07 PM »

I remember there was a time you couldn't go five minutes without Sebastian talking to the press about what was going on with Guns N' Roses - I was just wondering the other day why we'd not heard from him in a while. 

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #342 on: September 17, 2015, 03:08:21 AM »

Sebastian can relate to how fans feel about a GNR reunion but he also knows how long someone can hold grudges against him for decades,and it comes off as missed opportunities to headline festivals and make the audience happy.

I took what Slash said as being more about mending fences, not a reunion.

kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #343 on: September 17, 2015, 03:34:42 AM »

Well................reunion seems to be happening  rofl
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #344 on: September 17, 2015, 07:08:26 AM »

I want Guns N' Roses to move forward. Not to be stuck in their hair metal past, and really when you break it down, that's all Slash, Duff, Izzy and the others represent, a step back, back to a past that no one really cares about anymore. Slash's brand of rock n' roll is dead, Chinese Democracy proved that. Axl's had a vision for Guns for the past 20 years and he's been stopped at every turn by people who wanted to destroy him, but I feel now is the time, now is the time, that we'll finally get to see Axl's vision come to life. All these people who tried to stop Axl are out of the way, all of the fake band members who weren't really on board with the gameplan are out and Axl is free to do what he wants for once. I want Axl's vision for GN'R to unfold finally, I don't want to see some pathetic hair metal reunion. Bring on CD II! No more Slash!

GNR was never Hair Metal, anyone actually around back in the day knows this.  Roll Eyes

If not a hair metal band they certainly used a can or two every now and again Wink
oldfan
Rocker

aka.... hrmmmmm

« Reply #345 on: September 17, 2015, 08:38:08 PM »

I have been blessed and seen all the versions of GNR  ok
I really believe their going to do it, I think they have unfinished business to take care of!

I'd go with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt and Co-headline tour with Metallica again!!!

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #346 on: September 18, 2015, 12:08:13 AM »

I really believe their going to do it, I think they have unfinished business to take care of!

I'd go with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt and Co-headline tour with Metallica again!!!

haha cause they worked out "real well" last time   Cheesy
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #347 on: September 18, 2015, 12:37:14 AM »

haha cause they worked out "real well" last time   Cheesy

Both bands can get together and promise not to walk into the 8 foot tower of green flame and all should go well...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #348 on: September 18, 2015, 06:31:04 AM »

But a tour with who?

Too soon to tell. Probably someone notable.

Three new guys replacing Tommy, BBF and DJ?

Just BBF and DJ quit. Tommy will ('of course') consider it if /when the modern line-up activates as he hasn't quit.

Quote from: Princess Leia link=topic=66386.msg1395991#msg1395991 date=1442435661I
don?t see millions of people around the world going crazy about yet another new line up.

And?

And in all honesty it would get a bit ridiculous at this point.

So was the bicycleshorts in the 90's!

hihi

That doesn?t mean a reunion is mandatory. But it seems the common sense way out assuming that Axl wants to keep going.

Lemme get this right...Axl is in dire need of comercial success and will now reunite with the old line-up? Hahaha

02-tour didn't sell well and here we are more than 10 years later.  A everending farewelltour is more likely if popularity-desperation was an issue.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #349 on: September 19, 2015, 05:03:43 PM »

I want Guns N' Roses to move forward. Not to be stuck in their hair metal past, and really when you break it down, that's all Slash, Duff, Izzy and the others represent, a step back, back to a past that no one really cares about anymore. Slash's brand of rock n' roll is dead, Chinese Democracy proved that. Axl's had a vision for Guns for the past 20 years and he's been stopped at every turn by people who wanted to destroy him, but I feel now is the time, now is the time, that we'll finally get to see Axl's vision come to life. All these people who tried to stop Axl are out of the way, all of the fake band members who weren't really on board with the gameplan are out and Axl is free to do what he wants for once. I want Axl's vision for GN'R to unfold finally, I don't want to see some pathetic hair metal reunion. Bring on CD II! No more Slash!

GNR was never Hair Metal, anyone actually around back in the day knows this.  Roll Eyes

If not a hair metal band they certainly used a can or two every now and again Wink

Only in the beginning, they moved past this and discarded the Aqua net and makeup, evolving into much more than a Hair Band.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #350 on: September 19, 2015, 05:05:15 PM »

I remember there was a time you couldn't go five minutes without Sebastian talking to the press about what was going on with Guns N' Roses - I was just wondering the other day why we'd not heard from him in a while. 

Check the other topic, looks like he started that again. Smiley

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #351 on: September 19, 2015, 06:56:31 PM »

Media is really jumping the reunion rumours: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/guns-n-roses-reunion-talks-6478824

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2015, 01:15:25 PM »

Boy they sure are....

Frontman Axl Rose and lead guitarist Slash have buried the hatchet after years of feuding and look set to perform together for the first time since 1996 .

Ooooooooookkkkkkkayyyyyy then.   Roll Eyes hihi
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #353 on: September 20, 2015, 01:21:38 PM »

Boy they sure are....

Frontman Axl Rose and lead guitarist Slash have buried the hatchet after years of feuding and look set to perform together for the first time since 1996 .

Ooooooooookkkkkkkayyyyyy then.   Roll Eyes hihi

Except it's not as silly to the general public that it would eventually happen, which is why if it isn't happening I can't believe that haven't quickly squashed the rumor.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #354 on: September 20, 2015, 01:34:59 PM »

Except it's not as silly to the general public that it would eventually happen, which is why if it isn't happening I can't believe that haven't quickly squashed the rumor.

You think the media squashes rumors?   Shocked hihi
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #355 on: September 20, 2015, 03:27:07 PM »

You think the media squashes rumors?   Shocked hihi

No, why hasn't GNR squashed it.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #356 on: September 20, 2015, 07:10:04 PM »

I've seen Axl twice playing with different members. Last night was the second time I've seen Slash  with Myles. The next time I see either Axl or Slash, I want to see both of them onstage together!
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #357 on: September 21, 2015, 04:46:29 AM »

Axl, not in this lifetime, Rose owns GNR. It has been courtbattles and the contesters Slash and Duff would just gonna go under contract like Tommy and Richard? confused

Funneh...

I've seen Axl twice playing with different members. Last night was the second time I've seen Slash  with Myles. The next time I see either Axl or Slash, I want to see both of them onstage together!

Now we're talking yes

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #358 on: September 21, 2015, 08:59:52 AM »

I would like to see the reunion happen and give all those people who said the reunion would never happen a big shit sandwich to eat. No fan could have ever predicted a reunion would happen, nor could any fan have ever predicted a reunion would not happen either.

I think it would be great to get a new album so we could hear some new music collaborated by Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt/Steven and a world tour.

Although, if the reunion doesn't happen, I will continue to enjoy the music from AFD, UYI I/II, and Live Era '87-'93.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #359 on: September 21, 2015, 10:40:27 AM »

Basicly, this is how I view it:  Axl + afd-guys under a diferent name/gig yeah, reunion, no.

I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff, but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me /axl

I would like to see the reunion happen and give all those people who said the reunion would never happen a big shit sandwich to eat.

give it to axl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GySgwfYOOA and slash http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/a-guns-n-roses-reunion-no-way-says-guitarist-slash/

No fan could have ever predicted a reunion would happen, nor could any fan have ever predicted a reunion would not happen either.

I admit it I got less intrest in oldgnr-reunion than moderngnr but I just say I don't think it will happen and why I don't think it will happen.

Don't shoot the messenger. peace

Although, if the reunion doesn't happen, I will continue to enjoy the music from AFD, UYI I/II, and Live Era '87-'93.

Maybe I'll make you (plural) a sandwich. Grin

(@  those who construe the impression; 'Tommy is out, reunion is imminent').
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:31:00 PM by norway » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: