Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:42:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 124559 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #300 on: September 08, 2015, 09:30:14 AM »

Guns N Roses, Pink Floyd...so similar in hopes when it comes to a reunion...hope is all we really have...
like what, hoping that 1980's will be back, those guys will be in their 20's again, or something like that? it doesn't make any sense at all.

No.. definitely two new guitar players to play the same parts from the 80's is MUCH better...

Nobody is under the illusion that a reunion would mean a brand new album matching AFD.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #301 on: September 08, 2015, 09:49:39 AM »

AGAIN

Anybody who is opposed to some kind of AFD/UYI hybrid reunion...

What is the alternative right now?

What "modern lineup" would it be blocking from shining thru ?

Not one but BOTH lead guitar players (who weren't even featured on CD) QUIT right?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: September 08, 2015, 10:25:38 AM »

AGAIN

Not one but BOTH lead guitar players (who weren't even featured on CD) QUIT right?

I'm not opposed to a reunion with Slash and Duff, quite the opposite actually, but as far as alternatives, I wouldn't mind having Finck (and maybe Buckethead) back in the band. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #303 on: September 08, 2015, 10:29:48 AM »

AGAIN

I'm not opposed to a reunion with Slash and Duff, quite the opposite actually, but as far as alternatives, I wouldn't mind having Finck (and maybe Buckethead) back in the band. 

I am 100 percent with you... If Axl released his record with those guys who are featured and did a proper tour.. I'd be ALL IN.

But which is more realistic at this point?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #304 on: September 08, 2015, 10:42:29 AM »

This Is Simply, Have Two Options For World Tour 2016:

- Robin Finck + New Guitar
- Two New Guitars

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #305 on: September 08, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »

AGAIN

I am 100 percent with you... If Axl released his record with those guys who are featured and did a proper tour.. I'd be ALL IN.

Based on what we know, I'd say Finck.  I'm still not convinced 100% that Axl and Slash are on good terms, plus even if they are, working together is a whole other animal.  No such obstacles with Robin. 

As far as Buckethead, it would be nice to have him but do they really need him to tour?  I get the whole 3 guitar thing, but there are what, maybe 2-3 stunt guitar parts per concert that require a Buckethead level of talent to pull off.  Can't Pitman just re-create those parts on synth?
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #306 on: September 08, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »

I don't know who will take the stage with Axl.  Will it be a fused version of the band or the original era but I'm willing to bet that Slash will be one of the guys on guitar.  Fact not fiction.  My brothers freind owns a bar that slash is involved  with not saying who or where but we are invited to the opening and as far as I know the details of those two being on stage together is being worked out.  That's why the gnr camp hasn't shut down the rumors and that's why nothing has yet to be announced. But you'll see will all see
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 07:57:56 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #307 on: September 08, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »

I say bring back Robin Fink and Dave Navarro.

That would be interesting and a good mix i think.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #308 on: September 09, 2015, 01:10:40 AM »

I don't know who will take the stage with Axl.  Will it be a fused version of the band or the original era but I'm willing to bet that Slash will be one of the guys on guitar.  Fact not fiction.  My brothers freind owns a bar that slash is involved  with not saying who or where but we are invited to the opening and as far as I know the details of those two being on stage together is being worked out.  That's why the gnr camp hasn't shut down the rumors and that's why nothing has yet to be announced. But you'll see will all see

You Is Good ?
I say bring back Robin Fink and Dave Navarro.

That would be interesting and a good mix i think.

interesting

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #309 on: September 09, 2015, 06:56:10 AM »

Just listened to some new Iron Maiden (pretty badass, btw) and it got me excited about the possibility of a reunion and/or new music from Axl and the boys!  Really psyched about what's to come.  Where there's smoke there's fire.  Hopefully we hear something concrete soon!  beer

Check out Motorhead! Even better!

I second Motorhead!  One of my favorite rock bands.   Cool

Regarding GNR, I personally would love a hybrid lineup as long as Duff is part of it!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:57:59 AM by gnr1967 » Logged
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #310 on: September 10, 2015, 03:39:47 PM »

PS. Glad to see you and some of the others are still around Will!  beer

Yes same here my friend. Wink

I'm just waiting for a new album and/ or a new tour. Smiley

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #311 on: September 10, 2015, 03:51:40 PM »

PS. Glad to see you and some of the others are still around Will!  beer

Yes same here my friend. Wink

I'm just waiting for a new album and/ or a new tour. Smiley

Aren't we all lol If Guns tours next year ill probably be at the Edmonton or Calgary shows (possibly others depending on where they are), so if you are at any of those I'll buy you a drink! Jarmo is totally getting a wedgie though.  rofl
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2015, 07:37:01 AM »

I know the reunion subject has been beaten to death in the past but given the latest turn of events (although still not completely clear in my eyes), I decided to make this thread.

*If* Slash and Axl are indeed on speaking terms, and *if* there's a chance the two of them would want to work together again, how would you rather see that fold out? What we do know is that there's at least one guitar spot open at the moment (dependent on whether or not Axl wants to continue with either 2 or 3 players). At least there haven't been announced any replacements yet.

So, back to the prospect of old members coming back...

Would you be most comfortable with a complete reunion of the classic line-up, maybe with either Gilby or Matt as one of the members? I'm factoring in some realism here, as we know Izzy ain't that fond of committing to tour, and Steven... well.

Axl
Slash
Duff
Izzy or Gilby
Steven or Matt

Or..

Would you see a line-up with a mix of new and old as something cool? Could this be classified as a reunion of sorts?

Axl
Slash
Duff or Tommy
Richard
Frank
Dizzy
Chris

Personally I think the choice would be a "give and take" situation, where with the first alternative we would most likely say goodbye to much of the Chinese-era material, but the live shows would be the classic songs played by the song writers. Would they create new music together again? Not sure...

In the second alternative, I think there would be a slightly bigger chance of hearing more Chinese-era songs in concert, and the release of CD2 might not be scrapped either. And still, many people could have a wish come true by seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage again.

It's an interesting one. I like the idea of Guns' being a circle and ending up where they started.

As part of the process, I would like to see Axl release at least one more album so we get to hear what DJ and Ron offered to the party; what was that version of Guns all about and how they evolved forward from CD.

As for the end point, a reunion is fine, but I think a better idea would be a celebration of Guns' with all former members involved. I think that would be more fun and interesting, and could offer some variation night to night
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:50:31 AM by Mysteron » Logged
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2015, 10:46:10 AM »

Personally, I don't care if Axl reunites The Go-Gos or The Lawrence Welk Orchestra, as long as he is singing, writing, BEING PRODUCTIVE AT ALL, I will be happy.

How's about Axl throw everyone a surprise reunion on stage at Super Bowl 50?
The NFL's been using Jungle for the last 25 years, throw Axl the bone of a guest appearance.
Unfortunately, I heard they're already offering it up to Bruno Mars. 
If I was in charge, I'd get Carrie Underwood, with a few "special guests," including Axl, and if he wanted old members in, why not?

Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #314 on: September 13, 2015, 12:47:52 PM »

Personally, I don't care if Axl reunites The Go-Gos or The Lawrence Welk Orchestra, as long as he is singing, writing, BEING PRODUCTIVE AT ALL, I will be happy.

How's about Axl throw everyone a surprise reunion on stage at Super Bowl 50?
The NFL's been using Jungle for the last 25 years, throw Axl the bone of a guest appearance.
Unfortunately, I heard they're already offering it up to Bruno Mars. 
If I was in charge, I'd get Carrie Underwood, with a few "special guests," including Axl, and if he wanted old members in, why not?

Cool

Oh my god the lawrence welk orchestra, that made my day. You are a funny guy! Smiley

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #315 on: September 13, 2015, 02:15:55 PM »

Axl slash duff ? ? ? ?
Brownstone
Easy
Mama kin
Reckless
You're crazy
Patience
New song
Chinese D
Jungle
November rain
Better
Sweet child
Rocket queen
New song
night train

Encore
You could be mine
New song
Paradise city
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:34:39 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #316 on: September 14, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »

AGAIN

Based on what we know, I'd say Finck.  I'm still not convinced 100% that Axl and Slash are on good terms, plus even if they are, working together is a whole other animal.  No such obstacles with Robin. 

As far as Buckethead, it would be nice to have him but do they really need him to tour?  I get the whole 3 guitar thing, but there are what, maybe 2-3 stunt guitar parts per concert that require a Buckethead level of talent to pull off.  Can't Pitman just re-create those parts on synth?

Could be a bit of a letdown in terms of the fan experience to have Buckethead's wicked guitar parts reduced to synth.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #317 on: September 14, 2015, 10:31:32 AM »

Could be a bit of a letdown in terms of the fan experience to have Buckethead's wicked guitar parts reduced to synth.

That's true, but I think only for a minority in attendance (including me... though not a deal-killer, since it's just a few parts). 
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #318 on: September 14, 2015, 11:02:57 AM »

Fortus can shred pretty damn good.....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #319 on: September 14, 2015, 12:26:49 PM »

Fortus can shred pretty damn good.....

Yes, but I vaguely remember him saying in interviews that Buckethead does have a few parts that are a bit beyond him. I guess they could plan setlists according to what Richard is comfortable with.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: