Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:57:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 124291 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #260 on: September 02, 2015, 02:48:27 PM »

D Gen and Pilferk.....next logical question...IF we end up with a modified lineup, has Axl sent the songs he is considering releasing to Slash for his "take" on them? Hmmmm. 

I doubt it, because I don't see why Slash would have any interest.

I think this is a totally mutually exclusive situation.  If Slash and Duff come back, the price is the discarding of any more CD era stuff getting released.

However :

#1) I make that trade in a second, as I feel most GNR fans would.

#2) Its not exactly like Axl has been burning the midnight oil getting that shit out anyway.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2015, 02:55:03 PM »

Dude, he ain't scrapping all that material...no way. There are going to have to be compromises by all parties if they do some form of mixed lineup.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2015, 03:11:30 PM »

Dude, he ain't scrapping all that material...no way. There are going to have to be compromises by all parties if they do some form of mixed lineup.

I am operating under the theory this would be a tour only.

I'm just not clear why Slash or Duff would have any interest in any of that.

Like if you broke up with your girl and then got back with her 10 years later.  Is she going to be interested in giving her take on the what the other girl has done to your place in the interim?

Doubtful.  Its probably all getting scrapped.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2015, 03:30:36 PM »

Latest bit of wild unfounded speculation.  (seem to be the order of the day, right?)

What if Axl decided he needed 2015 pretty much off to get himself back in shape and ready to really kill it?  He has since said he wasn't really ready in 2002, and I think that was evident.  But he damn sure was ready by 2006 and made productive use of his downtime to get himself ready.  Seemed ready in 2009-10 too.

I'd have to think if he got back up there with Slash and Duff, and that means that much more press and general attention, he's going to want the best version of himself out there.  Looking good, sounding good, etc.

I don't keep track of this stuff, but some do.  What's the last public picture of him?

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #264 on: September 02, 2015, 03:43:31 PM »

Latest bit of wild unfounded speculation.  (seem to be the order of the day, right?)

What if Axl decided he needed 2015 pretty much off to get himself back in shape and ready to really kill it?  He has since said he wasn't really ready in 2002, and I think that was evident.  But he damn sure was ready by 2006 and made productive use of his downtime to get himself ready.  Seemed ready in 2009-10 too.

I'd have to think if he got back up there with Slash and Duff, and that means that much more press and general attention, he's going to want the best version of himself out there.  Looking good, sounding good, etc.

I don't keep track of this stuff, but some do.  What's the last public picture of him?

That'd be great if he want back to Las Vegas 2001 form. I remember seeing a pic of Axl, he had the six pack...was looking great indeed. This is it:

http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/13182858/Guns-N-Roses-vuelve-a-despedir-el-ano-en-The-Joint.html

Later in 2002, he looked like he had put on some weight, that's probably why we saw him in the football jerseys etc.

In 2006 he was looking good again. Not as ripped as 2001, but he was looking good.

2010 he was still wearing only t-shirts and long sleeve shirts buttoned half way up...

2012 onwards he wore thick jackets even in the summer time. He was not at his best physically.

If and when he gets back on tour, it'd be cool to see him in good shape. Duff and Slash look pretty good nowadays.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2015, 03:46:28 PM »

2012 onwards he wore thick jackets even in the summer time. He was not at his best physically.

If and when he gets back on tour, it'd be cool to see him in good shape. Duff and Slash look pretty good nowadays.

Agreed.  And it affected his voice, I think.

I think the other 2 coming back might well raise the stakes for him a bit.  He wouldn't want to be seen as the weak link.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2015, 04:58:09 PM »

That'd be great if he want back to Las Vegas 2001 form. I remember seeing a pic of Axl, he had the six pack...was looking great indeed. This is it:

http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/13182858/Guns-N-Roses-vuelve-a-despedir-el-ano-en-The-Joint.html

Later in 2002, he looked like he had put on some weight, that's probably why we saw him in the football jerseys etc.

In 2006 he was looking good again. Not as ripped as 2001, but he was looking good.

2010 he was still wearing only t-shirts and long sleeve shirts buttoned half way up...

Agree completely.  I don't think it's a coincidence that in 2006-10, when he was in top physical form, that his voice sounded the best.  During the hiatus, from Dec '10 through Oct '11, it seems he let himself go physically, and never bounced back as they continued to tour over the next few years. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2015, 05:50:49 PM »

I don't think it's a coincidence that in 2006-10, when he was in top physical form, that his voice sounded the best.  During the hiatus, from Dec '10 through Oct '11, it seems he let himself go physically, and never bounced back as they continued to tour over the next few years. 

Not even a question in my mind.

When some of my bigger fans around here ask me why I hate the band, I often think that its more a case of being pretty uninspired by everything from 10/2/11.

And the reason is that Axl himself seemed uninspired.

In 2010, he was tearing it up.  A year later, he's forgetting the words to 'November Rain'?  Wha' happen??

I thought the voice was back in decent form by Vegas 2014.  Best case : he comes back next time, fewer coats, better voice.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2015, 06:02:09 PM »

I don't think it's a coincidence that in 2006-10, when he was in top physical form, that his voice sounded the best.  During the hiatus, from Dec '10 through Oct '11, it seems he let himself go physically, and never bounced back as they continued to tour over the next few years. 

Not even a question in my mind.

When some of my bigger fans around here ask me why I hate the band, I often think that its more a case of being pretty uninspired by everything from 10/2/11.

And the reason is that Axl himself seemed uninspired.

In 2010, he was tearing it up.  A year later, he's forgetting the words to 'November Rain'?  Wha' happen??

I thought the voice was back in decent form by Vegas 2014.  Best case : he comes back next time, fewer coats, better voice.

Agree.  And I don't think he will come back unless he's back to '06 or '10 form.  He knows he'll have to bring the A game if Slash and Duff are back, and he won't want to look foolish be reuniting only to provide sub-par vocals. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2015, 06:05:24 PM »

Agree.  And I don't think he will come back unless he's back to '06 or '10 form.  He knows he'll have to bring the A game if Slash and Duff are back, and he won't want to look foolish be reuniting only to provide sub-par vocals. 

More eyeballs on him too.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2015, 06:30:34 PM »

More eyeballs on him too.

No diggity.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #271 on: September 02, 2015, 09:41:28 PM »

Fuck that bitch Perla haha

Or fuck the system. Why gay rights groups (or anyone) wants this is beyond me... confused
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:57:50 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #272 on: September 04, 2015, 03:18:08 AM »

All you have done is look like an idiot with your repetitive nonsense, your non-revelatory news and your attempted demeaning put-downs.

Emily...yes.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #273 on: September 04, 2015, 12:36:56 PM »

1) Original Reunion NOT Exist - Poeple Dead

2) Reunion AFD - Never

3) Reunion UYI - At No Time

4) Reunion RIR 2001 - Paul Not, Is Richard

5) Reunion Chinese Democracy - Bucky Does Not Appear

And Bonus Track Is: Reunion Is Written With R Of Robert

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #274 on: September 04, 2015, 02:59:57 PM »

Dude, you are a legend....one way or the other.  beer

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #275 on: September 04, 2015, 03:43:22 PM »

There has to be a better translation website HBK can use....

Respect his efforts and passion, but I have no clue what he's trying to say half the time.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #276 on: September 04, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »

Respect his efforts and passion, but I have no clue what he's trying to say half the time.

It's almost as bad as trying to talk to a Yankees fan about baseball

Almost....

Haha

Go Jays!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #277 on: September 04, 2015, 04:18:11 PM »

Almost....

Haha

Go Jays!

Leave that garbage in the appropriate section lol

I'm very happy for you that you ...how long has it been 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? since the playoffs  lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #278 on: September 04, 2015, 04:41:50 PM »

Almost....

Haha

Go Jays!

I'm very happy for you that you ...how long has it been 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? since the playoffs  lol

20+ years

Almost as long as my first time ever seeing guns n rose.   And just about as long as the oringal lineups last concert

Jays making the playoffs.......    Original lineup of guns n roses getting back together....    Hmmm.   

Hahaha
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #279 on: September 04, 2015, 06:56:13 PM »

Almost....

Haha

Go Jays!

20+ years

Almost as long as my first time ever seeing guns n rose.   And just about as long as the oringal lineups last concert

Jays making the playoffs.......    Original lineup of guns n roses getting back together....    Hmmm.   

Hahaha

Bacon is a jays fan, Now I don't feel so bad being a long term Jets fan.
Yes, before anyone says it, I know they are different sports :p

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: