Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 10:07:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 124302 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2015, 11:02:53 AM »

Another thread hijacked... every time Emily posts a little soundtrack plays in my head, from The Lego Movie... everyone sing along

thats how it feels mate.

There is a solution... Ignore her. And just keep debating and replaying to the other people posting in thread
Exactly! For all these righteous people who complain about Emily, you're constantly poking and prodding her and prolonging the argument. You're certainly not innocent victims. Far from it. It works both ways, and you look just as foolish as you think she does. It's annoying as FUCK to sift through 8 pages of the same shit every day. Give it a rest! And stop playing the victim card. I'm not buying it. If she responds to you and you want to respond back. Maybe do it ONCE, and move on. You're accomplishing nothing with this whole back and forth. But if that's how you like to spend your time, I guess that's up to you.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2015, 11:14:06 AM »

But, then, if it's true.....doesn't that portray Slash as the dumbest guy in history for letting the cat out of the bag...even an inkling of an inkling of it.....to a radio interviewer in Sweeden?  When you know you're just sort of waiting on the ink to dry on the divorce papers before it all comes out? 

Oh, without question.

If this is true, Slash's lawyer had to drop his head into his hands when he heard he talked.

Literally smacking his head into his desk.

But that's my big issue with the theory: Slash talking would go right past "naive street", through "bonehead canyon" and straight down "Stupid is as stupid does lane".  I'm not sure I can buy into Slash being quite that out of it.  ESPECIALLY after what came from the CBS interview....and the fact they were able to quell those flames pretty quickly with some backpedaling.

If it was all about the divorce, you'd THINK his lawyer would give him a "STFU order", after that.  If, after he dodged that bullet (no pun intended), he walked right into another one?  Ye gods......ouch.

But again, as crazy, unsubstantiated theories go, I still sorta like this one.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:18:18 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2015, 11:30:11 AM »

But again, as crazy, unsubstantiated theories go, I still sorta like this one.

Same here.

And, if all this turns out to be true, anyone would have to accept Axl/TB saying "NOW do you see why we couldn't say anything for a bit?"

But I'm talking about if this reunion things pans out.  Them remaining silent if there is no reunion stuff is still dumb.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2015, 11:31:20 AM »

But, then, if it's true.....doesn't that portray Slash as the dumbest guy in history for letting the cat out of the bag...even an inkling of an inkling of it.....to a radio interviewer in Sweeden?  When you know you're just sort of waiting on the ink to dry on the divorce papers before it all comes out? 

Oh, without question.

If this is true, Slash's lawyer had to drop his head into his hands when he heard he talked.

Why would she be entitled to any of Slash's future earnings?  If he has to pay alimony it would be based on what he had earned/earns up until the moment of seperation.  It wouild never increase.  
Child support would be based off his anual declared income and would change yearly.  

So really his divorce should have zero impact on any reunion
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2015, 11:39:32 AM »

Oh, without question.

Why would she be entitled to any of Slash's future earnings?  If he has to pay alimony it would be based on what he had earned/earns up until the moment of seperation.  It wouild never increase.  
Child support would be based off his anual declared income and would change yearly.  

IF she signs the papers prior to the reunion...yes.

IF she signs AFTER the reunion comes out, she can ask for community property on the value of the contract, assuming it was signed prior to the divorce decree being signed.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2015, 11:42:17 AM »

IF she signs AFTER the reunion comes out, she can ask for community property on the value of the contract, assuming it was signed prior to the divorce decree being signed.

Precisely.

Even Lionel Hutz can figure out you need to stall signing off if something like this is coming around the corner.

Its akin to selling all your stock 2 weeks before the IPO.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2015, 11:44:09 AM »

Oh, without question.

Well that is very different than the laws here in Canada

Once the marriage is deemend terminated, via seperation.  No matter what happens to the other parties income, everthing is based on that moment of seperation.

For example.

If someone here was married, then got seperated, with a pending divorece and while waiting for the paper work for the divorce to be signed.  Won the lottery for 50 million.  There partner would not be entitled to any of it.  As it happend after time of seperation

A reunion would sorta be like winning the lottery
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #247 on: September 02, 2015, 11:45:09 AM »

In the U.S., doesn't mean shit until she signs on the line that is dotted.

Some people drag this out 10 years.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #248 on: September 02, 2015, 11:51:44 AM »

Oh, without question.

Once the marriage is deemend terminated, via seperation.  No matter what happens to the other parties income, everthing is based on that moment of seperation.

For example.

If someone here was married, then got seperated, with a pending divorece and while waiting for the paper work for the divorce to be signed.  Won the lottery for 50 million.  There partner would not be entitled to any of it.  As it happend after time of seperation

Here, it doesn't work that way.  Until the moment of LEGAL separation, all bets are off. Changing your address doesn't do it, nor does simply closing that joint checking account.

As I understand it, you can get that legal separation one of 5 ways:

An annulment.  This isn't going to happen. You have to prove the marriage was a sham, basically, and that no....um....consumation occurred.

A jointly signed notice of legal separation. The clock stops when both parties sign.

A singly signed notice of legal separation.  This can be contested by the other party and, if they can show that the separation was not complete (ie: You have uncontested property still within the other's domicile OR you own joint, uncontested assets OR maintain joint financial accounts), it will usually be nullfied. The clock COULD stop when the initial party files...but isn't guarenteed to based on the other party's contesting it.

Jointly agreed divorce. This basically "stops the clock" when both parties sign.

Contested divorce.  And, really, with contested divorce.....everything, until the court rules, is pretty much community property, especially in California.

California have VERY liberal definitions of community property, too...and everything gets split 50/50.

Edit: I guess there IS technically a 6th way: Death.  But, for this discussion, I don't think that one matters, much.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #249 on: September 02, 2015, 11:54:06 AM »

Oh, without question.

For example.

Here, it doesn't work that way.  Until the moment of LEGAL separation, all bets are off. Changing your address doesn't do it, nor does simply closing that joint checking account.

As I understand it, you can get that legal separation one of 5 ways:

An annulment.  This isn't going to happen. You have to prove the marriage was a sham, basically, and that no....um....consumation occurred.

A jointly signed notice of legal separation. The clock stops when both parties sign.

A singly signed notice of legal separation.  This can be contested by the other party and, if they can show that the separation was not complete (ie: You have uncontested property still within the other's domicile OR you own joint, uncontested assets OR maintain joint financial accounts), it will usually be nullfied. The clock COULD stop when the initial party files...but isn't guarenteed to based on the other party's contesting it.

Jointly agreed divorce. This basically "stops the clock" when both parties sign.

Contested divorce.  And, really, with contested divorce.....everything, until the court rules, is pretty much community property, especially in California.

California have VERY liberal definitions of community property, too...and everything gets split 50/50.

Edit: I guess there IS technically a 6th way: Death.  But, for this discussion, I don't think that one matters, much.

Glad my divorce was here in Canada

haha
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2015, 12:00:52 PM »

haha

In MOST other countries that recognize divorce, it seems like the legal proceedings are much easier.

Here, it's not only governed by federal law, it's also different, state to state (since, really, the states are the one's that recognize the marriage, and then the federal government gloms on to that recognition).

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2015, 12:15:41 PM »

In MOST other countries that recognize divorce, it seems like the legal proceedings are much easier.

Here, it's not only governed by federal law, it's also different, state to state (since, really, the states are the one's that recognize the marriage, and then the federal government gloms on to that recognition).

And its huge bucks.

The phrase "cheaper to keep her" comes to mind.  Divorce is a booming business in this country.  It can break you.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #252 on: September 02, 2015, 12:16:20 PM »

haha

Well here you cant really drag anything out

There are set guidlines for child support, that can only be varied with a Judges ok, which is tough to get

Matrimoney property is split evenly, from the time of seperation.  Which could be even if the two parties are still living together

Divorces really arnt contested here.

Alminoy is a tough one.  Which can vary, off a forumla, which is stupid.   Most people just opt out of that and do a one time lump sum payment
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #253 on: September 02, 2015, 01:00:44 PM »

How about this?

I, and many others, thought for years one of the biggest things holding this up was not just Axl's outright hatred for Slash, but also the notion that a reunion would be admitting what he tried to do was a failure.

However...if he somehow kept one or two of the new guys in the fold, does that give him an out on that front?

Like, if you got Axl, Slash, and Duff...but put Richard on the other guitar and Frank on the drums.

Could you then sell that as some sort of straight line evolution?  Its not like he doesn't have fans that have been trying to run that up the flagpole for 15 years, anyway.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #254 on: September 02, 2015, 01:18:02 PM »

How about this?

I, and many others, thought for years one of the biggest things holding this up was not just Axl's outright hatred for Slash, but also the notion that a reunion would be admitting what he tried to do was a failure.

However...if he somehow kept one or two of the new guys in the fold, does that give him an out on that front?

Like, if you got Axl, Slash, and Duff...but put Richard on the other guitar and Frank on the drums.

Could you then sell that as some sort of straight line evolution?  Its not like he doesn't have fans that have been trying to run that up the flagpole for 15 years, anyway.

Heh heh...I just spitballed something very similar in the Tommy article thread...not motivations, but that actually happening.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #255 on: September 02, 2015, 01:37:07 PM »

And its huge bucks.

The phrase "cheaper to keep her" comes to mind.  Divorce is a booming business in this country.  It can break you.

...and now Slash's lawyer is increasing his billable hours estimate by an order of magnitude and Perla's is foaming at the mouth. Maybe. Possibly.

That Tommy article did nobody any favors in the reunion speculation, if, in fact, it's NOT true.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #256 on: September 02, 2015, 01:42:34 PM »

On topic:

I think my thoughts on chance for a reunion just went from "When hell freezes over" to "I think I just saw a few snow flurries down here, Satan".

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2015, 01:43:45 PM »

On topic:

I think my thoughts on chance for a reunion just went from "When hell freezes over" to "I think I just saw a few snow flurries down here, Satan".

Jesus... how many times do we need to ask for the like button?
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2015, 02:24:04 PM »

D Gen and Pilferk.....next logical question...IF we end up with a modified lineup, has Axl sent the songs he is considering releasing to Slash for his "take" on them? Hmmmm. 

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2015, 02:31:41 PM »

D Gen and Pilferk.....next logical question...IF we end up with a modified lineup, has Axl sent the songs he is considering releasing to Slash for his "take" on them? Hmmmm. 

Honestly, I don't know how it would work.  I can't even speculate....because it could go any possible way.  We know the possibilities of the possibilities.  Which path they take (if any)? Who knows...

We'll have to wait and see.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: