Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:43:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 124150 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2015, 01:32:57 AM »

It's always interesting watching how wound up you get over these things.

You have made reference to both of us about being "inconsequential"... and whatever else u threw in.. which i find interesting..because for 2 posters who are so inconsequential... you sure dont mind replying to us all the time.  confused

Ive explained why i use this forum.

Go look it up if it interests you so much.

It's always interesting, and amusing watching you incorrectly evaluate someone over the internet.

I'm very chilled out, even zen- here's another newsflash for you- not everyone takes this as seriously as you seem to.

I simply enjoy refuting the nonsensical arguments of negative "fans". It's very cathartic. Cheesy

No intentions of looking anything up.

I am sure if it was poled... you would feature close to the top of posters who is the least chilled out on here. But anyhoo...

As for looking things up... yes.. its not your strong point.  Kiss

Sort of like spelling isn't yours?  Is that a Freudian slip using the word "poled"?

I'll refrain from the obvious jokes Cheesy

Get well soon!

Oh.. i remember picking you up on spelling some time ago Emily.

Didn't go down to well did it?  Cheesy

Make sure you take your medication before you come back... or at the very least give us a heads up as to which of your split personalities ill be talking too next time.

night huni  Kiss

Awww you are projecting again, how cute and psychotic.

I'm sure you can get counseling  with your fixation of being "poled".

Got anything to add on topic nancypants?

I did... you read it... came up with a clueless non-relevant response and here we are.

again.  rofl

I suggested you tell everyone else why you feel you belong here, is that too difficult a task?

Can you name 5 things about the band you like?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2015, 01:49:52 AM »

The HTGTH-meter:

Page 1-3 = Ok
Page 4-7 = Acceptable
Page 7+ = HOW THE FUCK DID I END UP HERE confused

Edit Ontopic:

Axl guest Slash-show? Yes
Slash guest GNR-show? Yes
Reunion? Not intrested and I don't think Slash and Axl will function together over time.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:08:37 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2015, 01:50:11 AM »

Another thread hijacked... every time Emily posts a little soundtrack plays in my head, from The Lego Movie... everyone sing along

"Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when you're part of a team
Everything is awesome
When we're living our dream

Everything is better when we stick together
Side by side
You and I
Gonna win forever
Let's party forever

We're the same
I'm like you
You're like me
We're all working in harmony

Everything is awesome
Everything is awesome
When we're living our dream"

Sing along!!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:51:56 AM by C0ma » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2015, 01:55:19 AM »

Another thread hijacked... every time Emily posts a little soundtrack plays in my head, from The Lego Movie... everyone sing along

"Everything is awesome
Everything is awesome
When we're living our dream

Everything is better when we stick together
Side by side
You and I
Gonna win forever
Let's party forever

We're the same
I'm like you
You're like me
We're all working in harmony

Everything is awesome
Everything is awesome
When we're living our dream"

Sing along!!!

Amusing, haven't seen that particular movie, nor do I own or know the soundtrack by heart , you might check out verse 3 of Idiot Wind by Bob Dylan though  hihi

But that said, How dare there be supportive pro- GNR fans on a fan forum dedicated to the band! Unthinkable!

On topic- this entire Reunion subject has been blown out of reasonable proportion, I have seen articles and mentions of a Reunion on a plethora of online sites, even as far as people mentioning supposed prices per show.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:06:28 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2015, 02:20:00 AM »

You have made reference to both of us about being "inconsequential"... and whatever else u threw in.. which i find interesting..because for 2 posters who are so inconsequential... you sure dont mind replying to us all the time.  confused

It's always interesting, and amusing watching you incorrectly evaluate someone over the internet.

I'm very chilled out, even zen- here's another newsflash for you- not everyone takes this as seriously as you seem to.

I simply enjoy refuting the nonsensical arguments of negative "fans". It's very cathartic. Cheesy

I am sure if it was poled... you would feature close to the top of posters who is the least chilled out on here. But anyhoo...

Sort of like spelling isn't yours?  Is that a Freudian slip using the word "poled"?

Get well soon!

Make sure you take your medication before you come back... or at the very least give us a heads up as to which of your split personalities ill be talking too next time.

night huni  Kiss

I did... you read it... came up with a clueless non-relevant response and here we are.

again.  rofl

I suggested you tell everyone else why you feel you belong here, is that too difficult a task?

I am pretty sure ive been over this... but seeing as though i still have an hour to kill... ill play along Emily.

I dont feel (or unfeel) i belong here... its a forum... it really doesn't affect my day to day life. Its a means of passing time...catching up on rumors or conversation... it beats googling guns n roses for news each day and getting no new results.... if you catch my drift?  Roll Eyes

5 things i like about the band? hmmmm... can it be any incarnation of guns? not much of a band to really talk about at this point... is there? So i'll go for one of the early ones  Tongue Roll Eyes

1. The early days of the GNR story (its quite fascinating)
2. Appetite/UYI 1&2 (3 of my favorite albums of all time)
3. Live performances (watching the band from 87-93 does it for me)
4. Specifically Axl... best front man of all time. He has an aura... as a human.. hes quite interesting.. especially when intertwined with the breakup and all the shit with other band members..
5. Dare say it.. the future... i want to see what hes got in store for us from here....

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2015, 02:20:40 AM »

thats how it feels mate.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2015, 03:50:00 AM »

Get well soon!

night huni  Kiss

again.  rofl

I am pretty sure ive been over this... but seeing as though i still have an hour to kill... ill play along Emily.

I dont feel (or unfeel) i belong here... its a forum... it really doesn't affect my day to day life. Its a means of passing time...catching up on rumors or conversation... it beats googling guns n roses for news each day and getting no new results.... if you catch my drift?  Roll Eyes

5 things i like about the band? hmmmm... can it be any incarnation of guns? not much of a band to really talk about at this point... is there? So i'll go for one of the early ones  Tongue Roll Eyes

1. The early days of the GNR story (its quite fascinating)
2. Appetite/UYI 1&2 (3 of my favorite albums of all time)
3. Live performances (watching the band from 87-93 does it for me)
4. Specifically Axl... best front man of all time. He has an aura... as a human.. hes quite interesting.. especially when intertwined with the breakup and all the shit with other band members..
5. Dare say it.. the future... i want to see what hes got in store for us from here....

That took an hour?  Shocked
Very interesting, I saw a few of the Illusion shows and some of the Skin n' Bones shows, I wouldn't say those were my favorites though. I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite show throughout the years. Noblesville, Indiana 91, The London 02 Arena and both Residencies rank up there with the best imo - as do some of the smaller venues.

Honestly don't have a favorite year, have enjoyed aspects of them all. I'm very intrigued as to what lies ahead, and I think Chinese ranks right up there with the rest of the GNR Albums. I feel no need to pick and choose a specific era, or disparage one era in favor of another.

Looking forward to the next touring cycle, and the next news about the band. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:56:15 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Princess Leia
« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2015, 04:11:47 AM »

thats how it feels mate.

There is a solution... Ignore her. And just keep debating and replaying to the other people posting in thread
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2015, 04:20:56 AM »

thats how it feels mate.

There is a solution... Ignore her. And just keep debating and replaying to the other people posting in thread

That would be lovely, but I doubt if he is capable or has the inclination to do that. A simple glance at his posting history reveals what his game is early on.

I sincerely hope he heeds your advice.

On topic, these people have already put a price on the reunion hihi

https://playadelnacho.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/guns-n-roses-us-500-milhoes-por-100-shows-diz-radio-dos-eua/
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:25:44 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #229 on: September 02, 2015, 07:32:46 AM »

On topic- this entire Reunion subject has been blown out of reasonable proportion, I have seen articles and mentions of a Reunion on a plethora of online sites, even as far as people mentioning supposed prices per show.

This is the entire point of some of my recent posts... this reunion thing has legs outside of the 'fan forum' bubble. I really think an official statement either confirming or denying Slash's statement then separately addressing the reunion rumor (as I feel they are completely different subjects) is a smart move. The further the reunion talk goes online outside of this world is only going to further hurt the PR of the newer lineups if it doesn't happen... just get in front of it and control the conversation. I think they are wasting a great opportunity to use the wave of excitement to either promote the pending reunion (which is highly unlikely) or to redirect interest in the plans of the new lineup. I know this is a little extreme considering the glacial pace they tend to move at, but the general consensus among hardcore fans (no matter which side of the Emily/DX line you are on) is that there are songs that have been done since the original CD era, and if they needed a few tweaks 7 years have past... throw the world a bone and release a single online to wet their appetite if new music is the direction we are headed (which seems most likely).

Regardless of what you think of the the output of the band, or how the lineup is constituted, there has to be at least some frustration on everyone's part in how this band has handled PR/marketing in the past 15-16 years.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #230 on: September 02, 2015, 08:29:45 AM »

This is the entire point of some of my recent posts... this reunion thing has legs outside of the 'fan forum' bubble. I really think an official statement either confirming or denying Slash's statement then separately addressing the reunion rumor (as I feel they are completely different subjects) is a smart move. The further the reunion talk goes online outside of this world is only going to further hurt the PR of the newer lineups if it doesn't happen... just get in front of it and control the conversation. I think they are wasting a great opportunity to use the wave of excitement to either promote the pending reunion (which is highly unlikely) or to redirect interest in the plans of the new lineup. I know this is a little extreme considering the glacial pace they tend to move at, but the general consensus among hardcore fans (no matter which side of the Emily/DX line you are on) is that there are songs that have been done since the original CD era, and if they needed a few tweaks 7 years have past... throw the world a bone and release a single online to wet their appetite if new music is the direction we are headed (which seems most likely).

Regardless of what you think of the the output of the band, or how the lineup is constituted, there has to be at least some frustration on everyone's part in how this band has handled PR/marketing in the past 15-16 years.

Well said. Agreed.

I posted a similar sentiment yesterday about how the general consensus is that it's true that the hatred is most likely gone and there has been some communication.

So if the reunion doesn't come to fruition ( I don't expect it to)... there will be a lot of disappointed people, whether it's right or wrong to feel that way.

It will affect the reaction to the new music if that is where Axl is going.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2015, 09:14:00 AM »

And you can see what it puts a guy like Fernando in a tough spot.

Everyone shoots the messenger.  I in no way blame him to not want to the that messenger.

The question you then have to ask is this.  Can silence be anything but bad news on the reunion front?  Because if there was something brewing, the opposite is true, no?  You'd very much want to be THAT messenger.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2015, 10:21:16 AM »

So there is an article up on MYGNR claiming that Slash's divorce may be the hold up here.

Since she is entitled to half of his shit, why the hell would sign the divorce papers now if it means missing out on the biggest payday he will ever have next year?

Makes sense.  Her lawyer should be disbarred if he lets her sign now if this is truly in the offing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »

very interesting point.....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2015, 10:37:58 AM »

The article also says everyone's lawyers have been hammering out this agreement for the better part of 2 years.

Which would sort of mesh with a lot of things that have happened lately.

I loathe myself for getting sucked back into this.  Yet here I am.  My sig ain't just a laugh line, its reality.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2015, 10:40:53 AM »

So there is an article up on MYGNR claiming that Slash's divorce may be the hold up here.

Since she is entitled to half of his shit, why the hell would sign the divorce papers now if it means missing out on the biggest payday he will ever have next year?

Makes sense.  Her lawyer should be disbarred if he lets her sign now if this is truly in the offing.

You know, as crazy, unsubstantiated, "out there" theories go....that one actually makes some sense.

I'm not saying I 100% buy it, but...it certainly isn't implausible

But, then, if it's true.....doesn't that portray Slash as the dumbest guy in history for letting the cat out of the bag...even an inkling of an inkling of it.....to a radio interviewer in Sweeden?  When you know you're just sort of waiting on the ink to dry on the divorce papers before it all comes out? 

And it sorta ignores that Slash already has an album, and tour plans with his current band, for 2016.

Still.....as unsubstantiated theories go, I sorta like it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #236 on: September 02, 2015, 10:52:26 AM »

Fuck that bitch Perla haha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #237 on: September 02, 2015, 10:53:59 AM »

But, then, if it's true.....doesn't that portray Slash as the dumbest guy in history for letting the cat out of the bag...even an inkling of an inkling of it.....to a radio interviewer in Sweeden?  When you know you're just sort of waiting on the ink to dry on the divorce papers before it all comes out? 

Oh, without question.

If this is true, Slash's lawyer had to drop his head into his hands when he heard he talked.

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #238 on: September 02, 2015, 10:56:39 AM »

Maybe Axl's working things out with people he's held the biggest grudges against, but the media and fans are spinning it into a reunion.

Doing a reunion tour and shelving the followup to "Chinese Democracy" would be like KISS in the mid 90s abandoning "Carnival of Souls" and putting the makeup back on. "Carnival of Souls" was released with no fanfare and a half-assed band photo for an album cover, and the reunion "Psycho Circus" album was one of their worst albums, which wasn't a true reunion album.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #239 on: September 02, 2015, 11:00:47 AM »

Maybe Axl's working things out with people he's held the biggest grudges against, but the media and fans are spinning it into a reunion.

Doing a reunion tour and shelving the followup to "Chinese Democracy" would be like KISS in the mid 90s abandoning "Carnival of Souls" and putting the makeup back on. "Carnival of Souls" was released with no fanfare and a half-assed band photo for an album cover, and the reunion "Psycho Circus" album was one of their worst albums, which wasn't a true reunion album.

But, if you polled KISS fans at the time, do you really think they gave much of a shit about 'Carnival Of Souls' if the alternative was being able to see the real band again?

And I agree, 'Psycho Circus' is pretty dreadful.  The only KISS album I own too.  Even I got swept up.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: