Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:45:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 123482 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2015, 01:13:13 PM »

Jarmo do you think all this reunion talk is a good thing, or do you think that ultimately it's going to hurt any future plans GNR/Axl may or may not currently have?

Yes and no.
As we've noticed, it made some people remember why they like GN'R again. Which is good.

If it hurts GN'R's plans? I don't know. They haven't made any plans public yet.

Maybe only in the sense that some people might now assume something is happening for certain. Even though nothing has been said about it. But that doesn't matter to some.
This is kinda similar to what's been going on in the past though. These reunion rumors come and go.

Not saying everybody is like that, I'm aware that many fans are happy about the news, even if nothing like a reunion ever comes out of it.

/jarmo

I see what you mean, and I agree.  Personally, I just find it odd since in the past management has tried their best to squash unfounded reunion rumors when they catch on like this.  But we haven't seen anything like that this time, at least to our knowledge. 

I'm not sure whether their silence on the matter speaks volumes...Or whether it's just much to do about nothing.  So honestly, I just don't know to make of this.

IMO the chatter these days are different than any time before... because there seems to be across the board a belief that it's true that the HATRED isn't there, and they have been in touch ins ome capacity.

Obviously that was never the case before.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2015, 01:21:57 PM »

Jarmo do you think all this reunion talk is a good thing, or do you think that ultimately it's going to hurt any future plans GNR/Axl may or may not currently have?

Yes and no.
As we've noticed, it made some people remember why they like GN'R again. Which is good.

Maybe only in the sense that some people might now assume something is happening for certain. Even though nothing has been said about it. But that doesn't matter to some.
This is kinda similar to what's been going on in the past though. These reunion rumors come and go.

Not saying everybody is like that, I'm aware that many fans are happy about the news, even if nothing like a reunion ever comes out of it.

/jarmo

I see what you mean, and I agree.  Personally, I just find it odd since in the past management has tried their best to squash unfounded reunion rumors when they catch on like this.  But we haven't seen anything like that this time, at least to our knowledge. 

I'm not sure whether their silence on the matter speaks volumes...Or whether it's just much to do about nothing.  So honestly, I just don't know to make of this.

IMO the chatter these days are different than any time before... because there seems to be across the board a belief that it's true that the HATRED isn't there, and they have been in touch ins ome capacity.

Yeah, I agree that the fact that the two may be "communicating" in some form recently makes these reunion rumors feel different this time.  In the past when the "R" word got thrown around, it could always be parried with "Um. No. They hate each other." If they have mended fences in some way behind the scenes, that's off the table now.

But, I have a sinking feeling there's no concrete plans for GNR in 2016 either way.  I'm sure Axl/Management have shared the desire with Richard, Frank & co. to release music in some form next year, but I'm sure whatever info they have is incredibly vague.  And as we've seen from Axl's comments regarding the next album in the past, good intentions an album does not make.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2015, 01:38:02 PM »

But, I have a sinking feeling there's no concrete plans for GNR in 2016 either way.  I'm sure Axl/Management have shared the desire with Richard, Frank & co. to release music in some form next year, but I'm sure whatever info they have is incredibly vague.  And as we've seen from Axl's comments regarding the next album in the past, good intentions an album does not make.

I agree.  And its not like a state of limbo is anything new with this band. 

But I actually think its worse now because 2 dudes have flat out left.  They looked around at the state of affairs, such as it was, and decided...nah, I'm good.  Even if you want to write Ron off as a flake, its hard to say DJ was not just about the most excited guy to join the fold and work with Axl.

His leaving is a grim sign, as far as I'm concerned.  He had a band that was going to do stuff, real stuff, and a band that was going to talk about doing stuff.

He made his call.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2015, 01:46:04 PM »

I agree.  And its not like a state of limbo is anything new with this band. 

But I actually think its worse now because 2 dudes have flat out left.  They looked around at the state of affairs, such as it was, and decided...nah, I'm good.  Even if you want to write Ron off as a flake, its hard to say DJ was not just about the most excited guy to join the fold and work with Axl.

His leaving is a grim sign, as far as I'm concerned.  He had a band that was going to do stuff, real stuff, and a band that was going to talk about doing stuff.

He made his call.

DJ was definitely optimistic, even up to early this year, about GNR.  Late last year he talked about his desire to "dive into"all the unreleased tracks Axl has, and all that. 

It is possible that he learned that they were going to be released "as is" without his inclusion, I suppose, which might make his future with Guns solely restricted to a touring guitarist.  I could see how that might a bit of an embarrassment for a guy who touted his desire to basically write & produce the next GNR album. 

However, it's also possible that GNR's future, at present, is a complete foggy mystery and he simply had better things to do and money to make elsewhere.  I'm not sure which scenario is more likely.

It's hard to say anything for certain about GNR at this point.  Let's just hope Fernando's upcoming mystery news clears up quite a bit.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:48:54 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2015, 02:18:11 PM »

DJ was definitely optimistic, even up to early this year, about GNR.  Late last year he talked about his desire to "dive into"all the unreleased tracks Axl has, and all that. 

It is possible that he learned that they were going to be released "as is" without his inclusion, I suppose, which might make his future with Guns solely restricted to a touring guitarist.  I could see how that might a bit of an embarrassment for a guy who touted his desire to basically write & produce the next GNR album. 

However, it's also possible that GNR's future, at present, is a complete foggy mystery and he simply had better things to do and money to make elsewhere.  I'm not sure which scenario is more likely.

More likely, the latter.  Hopefully, its the former.  But, shit in one hand and wish in the other, you know?

Your former scenario sucks for DJ, personally.  And I could understand his having little interest in that. 

But would any of us care?  If Axl actually had an album to go by year's end or early next, but...bad news guys, no DJ Ashba. 

Who among us would care?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:57:42 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2015, 02:41:05 PM »

I wouldn't have cared one iota if DJ ended up on the next album.  Whereas I was/still am genuinely pumped to hear what other kind of crazy/creative tracks Axl, Paul, Robin & Bucket came up with.  I've heard the Sixx A.M. albums & Saints of Los Angeles.  Wasn't blown away by anything to the point where I'd delay a Guns release to make sure he makes his mark on the next album.  No way.

That said, I could see why he might feel he got the shit end of the stick.  Even so, I still want my GNR album.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2015, 02:54:34 PM »

ive read a Bruce Dickinson interview that as they get older they realized that why  fight for stupid things in the band,they dont argue for that kind of things anymore.They enjoy what they have

Good point.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2015, 02:58:29 PM »

ive read a Bruce Dickinson interview that as they get older they realized that why  fight for stupid things in the band,they dont argue for that kind of things anymore.They enjoy what they have

Good point.

Indeed.

And what seemed so allfire important at the time looks so silly in retrospect.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2015, 08:23:44 PM »

Yes and no.

/jarmo

Yeah, I agree that the fact that the two may be "communicating" in some form recently makes these reunion rumors feel different this time.  In the past when the "R" word got thrown around, it could always be parried with "Um. No. They hate each other." If they have mended fences in some way behind the scenes, that's off the table now.

The reason the reunion rumours feel different this time is due to all the other happenings that have eventuated since the last show in vegas.

Axl hiring 2 new guitarists for his guns version 5.0 would just be more of the same (just my opinion)... and with Axl's age and all the other bits of the puzzle opening up.. that now a reunion may be in reach and now is the time to do it....

Maybe in 1-3 months Fernando will provide a bit of information that we might be able to join a few more dots??

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2015, 08:54:37 PM »

Axl hiring 2 new guitarists for his guns version 5.0 would just be more of the same (just my opinion)... and with Axl's age and all the other bits of the puzzle opening up.. that now a reunion may be in reach and now is the time to do it....

It would require such a chance in mindset from Axl, I just can't really make the leap.

I can see the argument you had to move past "he would set Slash on fire" to even have any sort of discussion about the possibility.  I just don't know it got a lot further than that.

I have people I've fallen out with and can be civil with, but don't go out of my way to hang out with them.  This could be something like that.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2015, 09:28:36 PM »

Most definitely... its a huge leap.

One that couldnt be made within a day.. or a month.. possible even a year.. (its all speculation).

I reside firmly in the camp that if Axl cares about being in the public's consciousness in terms of music and relevancy.. then Reunion with a release of a single or album (now im drawing a long bow).. is the only way to achieve it.

Going with guns 5.0 and releasing CD2  or the remix is only going to resonate with a very small portion of fans.

Disclaimer: There is no evidence to suggest that Axl cares about being relevant in todays music scene.. or doing anything that would support that argument. In essence.. no-one has a fooking clue whats going on.. and thats the real argument. 1-3 months on fernando's time-line left  Wink
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2015, 09:52:48 PM »

One that couldnt be made within a day.. or a month.. possible even a year.. (its all speculation).

I reside firmly in the camp that if Axl cares about being in the public's consciousness in terms of music and relevancy.. then Reunion with a release of a single or album (now im drawing a long bow).. is the only way to achieve it.

Going with guns 5.0 and releasing CD2  or the remix is only going to resonate with a very small portion of fans.

Disclaimer: There is no evidence to suggest that Axl cares about being relevant in todays music scene.. or doing anything that would support that argument. In essence.. no-one has a fooking clue whats going on.. and thats the real argument. 1-3 months on fernando's time-line left  Wink

The fact that you don't know what's going on does in no way mean there is not a plan in place.  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2015, 09:58:25 PM »

The fact that you don't know what's going on does in no way mean there is not a plan in place.  Kiss

I never said anything to contrary.  Roll Eyes

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2015, 10:02:10 PM »

I Believe Next Disc Is DOUBLE

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2015, 10:11:20 PM »

But yet nor will you ever go on the record to the contrary.

You are quick to tsk, tsk...but Joanie Laryngitis when you have to stick your neck out and put your name on something.

You say this now.  And if nothing happens in 2015 or 2016, you will still be saying it in 2017.  Making it a consequence free stance, no?

Now, something like "there could still be things happening you aren't aware of...but I think if we go all of 2016 with nothing its fair to ask some questions or at least start to wonder", that's taking a stance.  And not even a terribly brave one.  But its a stance.

Why no stances, Emily?

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2015, 10:16:21 PM »

You are quick to tsk, tsk...but Joanie Laryngitis when you have to stick your neck out and put your name on something.

You say this now.  And if nothing happens in 2015 or 2016, you will still be saying it in 2017.  Making it a consequence free stance, no?

Now, something like "there could still be things happening you aren't aware of...but I think if we go all of 2016 with nothing its fair to ask some questions or at least start to wonder", that's taking a stance.  And not even a terribly brave one.  But its a stance.

Why no stances, Emily?

Why would she risk contradicting herself or get off the fence when she can trot that line out, maintain her super-fan status and never be held accountable for anything.. no matter what happens.  Wink
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:18:35 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2015, 10:40:49 PM »

Let's hop in the wayback machine 10 years, September 2005.

At the time, it looks grim.  Real grim.  Band is totally MIA, whoever is even in the damn band, and no one knows shit.  You express an opinion, that you aren't filled with any sort of confidence anything is in the offing anytime soon regarding new material, and there might never be.

The person that throws out your basic, "it could still work out" at that time, when the album comes out over 3 years later, did they "call it"?

Was that guy in September 2005 wrong?

And isn't it sort of like September 2005 now?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2015, 11:29:10 PM »

Why no stances, Emily?

It's pretty simple, but not to your biased little mind, so it's no surprise you have an issue wrapping your meager brain matter around it.

It has been said there are plans in place going forward and I believe it.

I also plan to gloat when such plans are made public and wipe your smug clueless face in it. Just a FYI  Grin

That is my stance.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2015, 11:33:17 PM »

Why no stances, Emily?

Why would she risk contradicting herself or get off the fence when she can trot that line out, maintain her super-fan status and never be held accountable for anything.. no matter what happens.  Wink

Not on any sort of fence, it has been said there are plans in place and I believe it.

Even someone like you ought to be able to grasp that if you really try.  Grin

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2015, 11:37:22 PM »

It has been said there are plans in place going forward and I believe it.

I also plan to gloat when such plans are made public and wipe your smug clueless face in it. Just a FYI  Grin

That is my stance.

Gloat about what?  You never said anything about anything.

Kind of my point.  Until you go see The Wizard and cease being afraid to go on record, you aren't setting up anything to gloat over.

A good gloat requires thinking long.  You aren't thinking long.

Returning to my earlier example, you would be the person in 2005 that says in 2008 how they "called it"?  Is that you, Emily?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: