Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:26:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 123471 times)
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2015, 11:19:01 AM »

I recall a poster saying that they should reunite for the fans. In all due respect (not too sound harsh), it would be the wrong reason to reunite. Being an artist isn't really about pleasing your fans. The pleasing of the fans comes from your live performances or even your interactions with them. 

Yeah, "for the fans" is often used as an excuse and/or reason.
And many times this is said by fans.... So what does that qualify as?

/jarmo

[/quote]

I get that fans become emotionally invested in their favorite bands (hell, I'm writing on a fan site myself). That's why I don't piss on people for wanting more from their favorite band. I don't see it as whining. Some people get out of control but for the most part people are respectful.

That being said...Established bands with a fan base should not be making music to please their fans. It's about staying true to yourself as an artist. Fans who liked your previous work may not like your newer material. Happens a lot in the industry. Good bands evolve somewhat. You can always tell the bands who are trying to please their fan base musically. It sounds like they are making the same album over and over again.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2015, 11:24:43 AM »

Its way long overdue, if it happens ill be there!  ok  beer
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2015, 11:43:32 AM »

I get that fans become emotionally invested in their favorite bands (hell, I'm writing on a fan site myself). That's why I don't piss on people for wanting more from their favorite band. I don't see it as whining. Some people get out of control but for the most part people are respectful.

I didn't say it was whining. But when fans say a band or artist should do something for the fans, aren't they asking for something for themselves?  hihi
"Do this for the fans" sounds better than "I want you to do this for me". Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2015, 11:48:29 AM »

How about he just does something, anything??  Walk before you can run. 

The determination for his motivation can be argued at a later date.  How about we just get something to talk about first?

In the past year, his starting to look very seriously at what he's doing in regard to new material has led to 2 band defections and no concrete news whatsoever.

Oh, and the vast, vast majority of his fanbase adopting some variation of "fuck it...why NOT a reunion at this point?"  Uttered by some self confessed new band supporters that are growing tired of nothing happening, ever.

At what point does he make SOME kind of move?  For the fans, for him, for the art, for the universe, for what have you?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2015, 12:09:15 PM »

3 days ago I had a GNR dream, it was a show where the old line-up opened
for the current one and Axl (full beard & shorter hair) sang in both of course.

I dreamed about the moment the old members quits the stage and the new one
played some tune I couldn't recognize. Robin was there (probably because I'm a
fan ahah) and the new guitarist was so weird I can't even describe him.

I woke up happy

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2015, 12:11:12 PM »

I didn't say it was whining. But when fans say a band or artist should do something for the fans, aren't they asking for something for themselves?  hihi
"Do this for the fans" sounds better than "I want you to do this for me". Wink

/jarmo

I never said that you called it whining. Wasn't singling you out on that. Of course fans want more from their favorite bands. Demand is a good thing. I don't think that anyone comes on here with a salacious attitude demanding that they make new music.

We are all fans. Some people are CONTENT with celebrating all things GNR. Peace to you if you are. Others question certain methods employed by the band. You have to admit that the way they operate leaves them open to questions. Its natural to question things though.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2015, 12:12:34 PM »

I recall a poster saying that they should reunite for the fans. In all due respect (not too sound harsh), it would be the wrong reason to reunite. Being an artist isn't really about pleasing your fans. The pleasing of the fans comes from your live performances or even your interactions with them. 

/jarmo

Honestly, who cares what the reasons are that would get them back together?  I find this ?for the right reason? thing annoying.  Do we expect all of them to get together for the same reason?  Pretty sure they weren?t all on the same page during the UYI tour, so why would we now expect them to be in unison? 

Some could be motivated purely by money, others to become famous again, others to prove that GnR couldn?t survive without them.  In the end, why care?  That they get back together at all should be enough.  Also, let?s be honest:  if this does happen, whatever reason Axl gives will be the right reason for most of us.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2015, 12:17:28 PM »

Some could be motivated purely by money, others to become famous again, others to prove that GnR couldn?t survive without them.  In the end, why care?  That they get back together at all should be enough.  Also, let?s be honest:  if this does happen, whatever reason Axl gives will be the right reason for most of us.

Correct.

You couldn't fill a thimble with people that will have an issue with whatever reasoning Axl used for a reunion.  Zero fucks would be given.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2015, 12:18:03 PM »

/jarmo

Honestly, who cares what the reasons are that would get them back together?  I find this ?for the right reason? thing annoying.  Do we expect all of them to get together for the same reason?  Pretty sure they weren?t all on the same page during the UYI tour, so why would we now expect them to be in unison? 

Because, if they did make new music it would reflect.

If it were only to tour then i'm sure they could do it.

Me personally would love to see it last and the only way to sustain would be to repair relationships and get on the same page.

The UYI model led to the breakup.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2015, 12:18:49 PM »

Is this about your imaginary relationship with Rihanna again? You refer to her as him now?

Wink

Honestly, who cares what the reasons are that would get them back together?  I find this “for the right reason” thing annoying. 

Well, for some, it's part of the big picture.
Bands are like gangs, they are best friends, they are united, they live together in the same house, and so on... We know it's not actually true for many bands who've been around for years and years....
But some do have these romantic ideas of what a band is supposed to be.

Same thing applies to why the bands do the things they do.

Its natural to question things though.

True. It's also natural for most people to take things in and process them, if an answer is given. Refusing to do that, is kinda making the questioning pointless.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2015, 12:26:22 PM »

Serious addiction issues on the part of Slash and Duff combined with Axl being a crazy person led to that break up.

When you think about it, its astounding they carried that tour on for 27 months with all that volatility.

Compare it to now, when we are constantly told how happy and how in a better place Axl is...and zip to show for it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2015, 12:27:40 PM »

Is this about your imaginary relationship with Rihanna again? You refer to her as him now?

Axl and I are making equal amounts of progress on our respective endeavors, thank you.

#AnythingWorthDoingIsWorthDoingAtASnailsPace  #TheStruggleIsReal

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2015, 12:32:24 PM »

Serious addiction issues on the part of Slash and Duff combined with Axl being a crazy person led to that break up.

When you think about it, its astounding they carried that tour on for 27 months with all that volatility.

Compare it to now, when we are constantly told how happy and how in a better place Axl is...and zip to show for it.

All of your points are correct but you fail to add that swolen Ego's (and I'm not just talking about Axl's) came into play in this too. Axl, Izzy and Slash only wanted to record their own music. They weren't working as a unit anymore. That attributed to their breakup too.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2015, 12:49:14 PM »

You don't read the news do you?

I'd say the latest major news in the GN'R world could be attributed to that... But that's just my free thinking.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2015, 12:51:31 PM »

I'd say the latest major news in the GN'R world could be attributed to that... But that's just my free thinking.

/jarmo

Jarmo do you think all this reunion talk is a good thing, or do you think that ultimately it's going to hurt any future plans GNR/Axl may or may not currently have?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2015, 12:57:50 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo do you think all this reunion talk is a good thing, or do you think that ultimately it's going to hurt any future plans GNR/Axl may or may not currently have?

You would think if it's completely off the radar.. they'd put out the flames a little bit, because obviously the chatter isn't good if they are planning something completely different. People will get their hopes up. or nothing is really planned right now, so there really is nothing to say.

(please don't tell me Richard and Frank say there is a plan... we all know how those quotes from band members have gone before)

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2015, 01:00:41 PM »

Yes and no.
As we've noticed, it made some people remember why they like GN'R again. Which is good.

If it hurts GN'R's plans? I don't know. They haven't made any plans public yet.

Maybe only in the sense that some people might now assume something is happening for certain. Even though nothing has been said about it. But that doesn't matter to some.
This is kinda similar to what's been going on in the past though. These reunion rumors come and go.

Not saying everybody is like that, I'm aware that many fans are happy about the news, even if nothing like a reunion ever comes out of it.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2015, 01:02:03 PM »

(please don't tell me Richard and Frank say there is a plan... we all know how those quotes from band members have gone before)

Lol...Man aint that the truth. Hell, if we took these guys at their word we'd have 5 or 6 albums between 2010 and now.  I'll believe it when Axl/Management/The Label announces a release date....Or if it just drops...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2015, 01:05:49 PM »

Yes and no.
As we've noticed, it made some people remember why they like GN'R again. Which is good.

If it hurts GN'R's plans? I don't know. They haven't made any plans public yet.

Maybe only in the sense that some people might now assume something is happening for certain. Even though nothing has been said about it. But that doesn't matter to some.
This is kinda similar to what's been going on in the past though. These reunion rumors come and go.

Not saying everybody is like that, I'm aware that many fans are happy about the news, even if nothing like a reunion ever comes out of it.

/jarmo

I see what you mean, and I agree.  Personally, I just find it odd since in the past management has tried their best to squash unfounded reunion rumors when they catch on like this.  But we haven't seen anything like that this time, at least to our knowledge. 

I'm not sure whether their silence on the matter speaks volumes...Or whether it's just much to do about nothing.  So honestly, I just don't know to make of this.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2015, 01:12:27 PM »

My strong suspicion is that nothing is really moving on either front.

I don't see any sort of reunion project in the offing, but nor do I think we are really any closer to any new album.

Ultimately, I think the reunion talk is good, on the extreme off chance the positive response might spur someone into action.  But I highly doubt it.

If you told me we could be sitting here on 9/1/2016 saying "so what do you think is next for Axl??", I would not be the least bit surprised.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:15:08 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: