Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 11:18:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 217338 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #780 on: September 03, 2015, 03:19:55 PM »

FWIT, prenups, for the most part, have been rendered meaningless by many courts.  More and more courts are treating them as contracts entered into under duress, and are thus invalidating them.  The whole concept is screwy really.  An agreement that governs the terms of your divorce before you get married. 

California, at least in terms pre-marital asset divsion, and community property governance, has largely upheld them and CA family code 1612.  I suspect that's because of the (relatively) large celebrity population.  It's pretty powerful out there. They do have some relatively unique rules (individual counsel must be present at presentation and signage, there is a 5 day "cooling off" period between presentation and signage, etc).  And they are the ONLY thing that invalidates or circumvents CA community property laws.  They do tend to frown upon lump sum defined payouts over percentages of marital assets.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #781 on: September 03, 2015, 03:26:50 PM »

FWIT, prenups, for the most part, have been rendered meaningless by many courts.  More and more courts are treating them as contracts entered into under duress, and are thus invalidating them.  The whole concept is screwy really.  An agreement that governs the terms of your divorce before you get married. 

California, at least in terms pre-marital asset divsion, and community property governance, has largely upheld them and CA family code 1612.  I suspect that's because of the (relatively) large celebrity population.  It's pretty powerful out there. They do have some relatively unique rules (individual counsel must be present at presentation and signage, there is a 5 day "cooling off" period between presentation and signage, etc).  And they are the ONLY thing that invalidates or circumvents CA community property laws.  They do tend to frown upon lump sum defined payouts over percentages of marital assets.

In NY, it's barely worth the paper it's printed on...especially for longer term marriages (e.g., 10+ years).  More and more states are placing very restrictive rules regarding when, and to what extent, provisions of a prenup will govern. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #782 on: September 03, 2015, 04:29:28 PM »

In NY, it's barely worth the paper it's printed on...especially for longer term marriages (e.g., 10+ years).  More and more states are placing very restrictive rules regarding when, and to what extent, provisions of a prenup will govern. 

cT...my home state...is very similar to NY. But, since i think the marriage was in CA...that would hold sway. 

Together again,
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #783 on: September 03, 2015, 04:50:28 PM »

cT...my home state...is very similar to NY. But, since i think the marriage was in CA...that would hold sway. 

From Wikipedia -
Slash married Perla Ferrar on October 15, 2001, in Hawaii. They have two sons, London Emilio (born August 28, 2002) and Cash Anthony (born June 23, 2004). Slash filed for divorce from Ferrar in August 2010, but the couple reconciled two months later.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #784 on: September 03, 2015, 06:06:50 PM »

Ive never said i dont like this place? Have i?  Roll Eyes

From my first post here i was attacked by your little cheer-leader... who else have i "attacked" on here?

Precisely nobody.

That's exactly what I was talking about.

My little cheerleader? So now you're attacking me as well as the person you originally started attacking.
Good job in trying to convince me that I was wrong about you.

/jarmo

How is it attacking you? She waves her pom poms in your direction incessantly.

Its not your fault... its just a fact. As i said before.. she attacked me from my very first post.. yet somehow you manage to find a way to side with her on it. Shock horror.

Again, ive never said i dont like the place, Roll Eyes There is plenty of good posters on here.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #785 on: September 03, 2015, 06:12:41 PM »

From my first post here i was attacked by your little cheer-leader... who else have i "attacked" on here?

Precisely nobody.

My little cheerleader? So now you're attacking me as well as the person you originally started attacking.

/jarmo

Its not your fault... its just a fact. As i said before.. she attacked me from my very first post.. yet somehow you manage to find a way to side with her on it. Shock horror.

Again, ive never said i dont like the place, Roll Eyes There is plenty of good posters on here.

No pom-poms are being waved in any direction, so your little  assumption is wrong.

I am stating my honest and candid opinions here, nothing nefarious, underhanded or conspiratory in nature, contrary to the narrative you are attempting to paint here.   Roll Eyes

Yet another attack, why am I not surprised? You have made your agenda very plain here.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:15:17 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #786 on: September 03, 2015, 06:16:55 PM »

Precisely nobody.

/jarmo

No pom-poms are being waved in any direction, so your little  assumption is wrong.

I am stating my honest and candid opinions here, nothing nefarious, underhanded or conspiratory in nature, contrary to the narrative you are attempting to paint here.   Roll Eyes

I am not questioning whether your "candid opinions" are "honest" or not... i totally agree that you "believe" the junk you spin on here. That was never in question.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #787 on: September 03, 2015, 06:24:05 PM »

You're implying I have a cheerleader.

she attacked me from my very first post.. yet somehow you manage to find a way to side with her on it. Shock horror.

Maybe it says more about you than her?

A newbie shows up and sides with the handful of people who are basically against most things relating to GN'R on a GN'R fan site. Imagine of you don't feel welcome. Shocking.
Once again, people come here to spread negativity and expect me to hold their hand....  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #788 on: September 03, 2015, 06:24:50 PM »

Precisely nobody.

/jarmo

I am not questioning whether your "candid opinions" are "honest" or not... i totally agree that you "believe" the junk you spin on here. That was never in question.

I spin no "Junk" it is more than apparent you have some serious issues and an agenda.

I won't turn this into another 4 page back and forth with you, nobody wants to wade through that. I will hit the report button el rapido-  Try me.

Your second post on this forum was aimed at me, by name - and you have repeatedly singled me out.

quote author=OscarAxl22 link=topic=66328.msg1389998#msg1389998 date=1437623260]
Emily...

Im trying to figure out why you refuse to see what they are saying?

Your whole point seems to be "Oh you dont know they havent recorded X amount of songs" or "that Axl doesnt owe anyone anything" or "it will be released when its released"..

these comments seem to be the general theme from you. The fans are all entitled to an opinion, Dgen and a few others make quite relevant points when they say that the output has been poor (in terms of records).. or that there is a lack of information given to the fans about whats going on... or any number of other gripes that people may have... you cant just reset to a default response with ambiguous comments like the examples above.

There are genuine gripes and IMO (yes its just my opinion) they are relevant.

I love Axl... for me... its not about bagging you out.. or bagging Axl out.. I'm certainly not a hater.. i just named my Kid after Axl for gods sake  Wink

For me.. Axl will always be my favorite Artist/Musician/Performer.. certainly the best Front man.. and i truly am privileged to have seen him Live in 2013 for the first time when they played in my town.. so im certainly not here to throw shit at you.. or at Axl on an online forum..

I guess what i am saying is... You are happy to sit and wait and see what plays out.. in terms of any future music or touring or whatever.. and thats cool... but some people feel like theyve waited enough time and that things have been said by Axl or his band members and that hasnt eventuated and they feel its not good enough... i think both sides have a point... its where u stand on either side of the fence i guess...

For me... i think there is some serious doubt as to whether this is over for good this time considering speculation around other members.. that may be the case.. it may not.. i just think the lines of communication to the fans could be a lot better.. i just want to know about my favorite band.. thats all.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:32:16 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #789 on: September 03, 2015, 06:29:24 PM »

she attacked me from my very first post.. yet somehow you manage to find a way to side with her on it. Shock horror.

A newbie shows up and sides with the handful of people who are basically against most things relating to GN'R on a GN'R fan site. Imagine of you don't feel welcome. Shocking.
Once again, people come here to spread negativity and expect me to hold their hand....  ok

/jarmo

I'm not expecting you to hold my hand. It doesn't bother me either way, but facts are facts.. i just merely conveyed that Emily didnt like my opinion from day one because it is the opposite of hers. That doesnt bother me either.

It's well known that you have problems with any poster who dares to convey an opinion that doesn't fall in line with the rainbows and fairy floss style image that everything is/has and always will be perfect within GnR land and that anyone who dares to question anything has a "narrative" (Emily's favorite big word).. or that person is painted as not like GNR and being "negative"..

its absurd. It's like you are trying to create a forum of Zombies.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #790 on: September 03, 2015, 06:31:43 PM »

Precisely nobody.

/jarmo

I spin no "Junk" it is more than apparent you have some serious issues and an agenda.

I won't turn this into another 4 page back and forth with you, nobody wants to wade through that. I will hit the report button el rapido-  Try me.

Thank god for that. Today should be a good day then.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #791 on: September 03, 2015, 06:33:02 PM »

Precisely nobody.

/jarmo

So sorry you are intimidated by my vocabulary, I'm not particularly fluent in stupidese.

Anything to contribute on the actual topic at hand?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:38:02 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #792 on: September 03, 2015, 06:37:58 PM »

Precisely nobody.

/jarmo

Anything to add on topic?

My second post was fair, and i stand by every word. I didnt "attack" you... it was aimed at you.. you'd already personally responded to my first ever post.. why wouldnt i respond? I didnt abuse you.. i just stated how i saw the division on here between you and Dgen... i dont think there is anything offensive in that second post of mine???  Roll Eyes

anything to add? Yeah... Slash is an idiot for not getting a pre-nup.... i find that mind boggling.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #793 on: September 03, 2015, 06:43:38 PM »

Precisely nobody.

/jarmo

My second post was fair, and i stand by every word. I didnt "attack" you... it was aimed at you.. you'd already personally responded to my first ever post.. why wouldnt i respond? I didnt abuse you.. i just stated how i saw the division on here between you and Dgen... i dont think there is anything offensive in that second post of mine???  Roll Eyes

anything to add? Yeah... Slash is an idiot for not getting a pre-nup.... i find that mind boggling.

Oh so you are waving your pom-poms in DgenX's direction? Interesting. I disagree with DgenX on a number of issues, but we can debate things civilly.

Back on topic-

Would like to know who Slash had advising him about financial matters at that time, also the time frame from his first divorce to his second marriage. It wasn't a very savvy business move, very unfortunate for him.

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #794 on: September 03, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »

Precisely nobody.

/jarmo

Oh so you are waving your pom-poms in DgenX's direction? Interesting. I disagree with DgenX on a number of issues, but we can debate things civilly.

Back on topic-

Would like to know who Slash had advising him about financial matters at that time, also the time frame from his first divorce to his second marriage. It wasn't a very savvy business move, very unfortunate for him.

Why would i wave pom poms in Dgen's direction? He's not my hero... i would have zero to gain from that. It's simply that we share similar opinions on the major topics relating to the band.

I have no idea the time frames with slash... but i find it incredible that there was no pre-nup... absolutely mind boggling. In saying that... i did read on another forum a particular user say that all of his money from before the date they were together is safe.. ie AFD, Illusions and everything associated with it is safe. Its only money he made since they were together that she can contest, this would include royalties from guns though since that date but not before... that would be worth a few bucks you would think.. I have no idea if this is actually true.. as im not an expert on law in the US...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #795 on: September 03, 2015, 07:08:42 PM »

Precisely nobody.

/jarmo

Back on topic-

Why would i wave pom poms in Dgen's direction? He's not my hero... i would have zero to gain from that. It's simply that we share similar opinions on the major topics relating to the band.

I have no idea the time frames with slash... but i find it incredible that there was no pre-nup... absolutely mind boggling. In saying that... i did read on another forum a particular user say that all of his money from before the date they were together is safe.. ie AFD, Illusions and everything associated with it is safe. Its only money he made since they were together that she can contest, this would include royalties from guns though since that date but not before... that would be worth a few bucks you would think.. I have no idea if this is actually true.. as im not an expert on law in the US...

Was simply applying and pointing your innane pom-pom insinuation back in your direction.

It would seem his royalties and related monies he accumulated before they were married would belong to him, but if it is true that she gets 50% of everything he has, that is a hefty chunk of pocket change, and that isn't even counting possible child support payments.

"Shut the fuck up."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #796 on: September 03, 2015, 07:10:53 PM »

From Wikipedia -
Slash married Perla Ferrar on October 15, 2001, in Hawaii. They have two sons, London Emilio (born August 28, 2002) and Cash Anthony (born June 23, 2004). Slash filed for divorce from Ferrar in August 2010, but the couple reconciled two months later.

I just double checked. You file for divorce in, amd abide by, the laws in your state of residency, not the state you were married in.

My initial mistake.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #797 on: September 03, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »

We'd be great candidates for a buddy cop franchise, you and me.

Jarmo can be our captain.  Always asking me when I'm going to grow up and start acting like a professional, like you.

At the end of the case, which we crush, we forge a grudging respect for how we each do our jobs.  Share a conversation over beers, sitting on a car hood.

I drop some terrible one liner, leave with a quality of girl I could never possibly get.  You smile as we drive off.

...and then you get the text that sets up the sequel.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
theseeker
Opening Act

« Reply #798 on: September 03, 2015, 07:48:26 PM »

/jarmo

I'm not expecting you to hold my hand. It doesn't bother me either way, but facts are facts.. i just merely conveyed that Emily didnt like my opinion from day one because it is the opposite of hers. That doesnt bother me either.

It's well known that you have problems with any poster who dares to convey an opinion that doesn't fall in line with the rainbows and fairy floss style image that everything is/has and always will be perfect within GnR land and that anyone who dares to question anything has a "narrative" (Emily's favorite big word).. or that person is painted as not like GNR and being "negative"..

its absurd. It's like you are trying to create a forum of Zombies.

I noticed you use the word "cheesy" a lot. I have a screenshot of the mygnr admin known as HV commenting cheesy short video of Dizzy Reed speaking posted on GN'R Facebook. Being that you and HV both see Guns shows in the nearby cities and have a similar viewpoint, I was wondering if you two are familiar. Are you? I was also wondering if anyone else if being annoyed by The Syxer here? I just got a pm from that member and I can assure  you this is a potentially unsafe person with an unhealthy obsession. Any info would be appreciated, my email is on my profile.

Edit: Make that 2 pms by TheSyxer. I do not respond. This is a very demented person asking people for the identity of certain posters.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:00:09 PM by theseeker » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #799 on: September 03, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »

Intrigue in the air tonight, it seems.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: