Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 11:21:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 231831 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #700 on: September 01, 2015, 05:16:21 PM »

One of the beefs with CD was that letting it sit around forever and tweaking it to death robbed it of any organic sound.

So, naturally, they do the exact same thing again.  And that's only if you believe they've been working on it since, which I think is debatable, at best. 

But then it becomes one of those weird times I don't know if I want to be right or wrong.  Don't both answers pretty much suck?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #701 on: September 01, 2015, 05:54:15 PM »

One of the beefs with CD was that letting it sit around forever and tweaking it to death robbed it of any organic sound.

So, naturally, they do the exact same thing again.  And that's only if you believe they've been working on it since, which I think is debatable, at best. 

But then it becomes one of those weird times I don't know if I want to be right or wrong.  Don't both answers pretty much suck?

You really should stop stating your opinion like it's fact.  ok
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #702 on: September 01, 2015, 05:59:32 PM »

I think it depends. If the reason there's still no news on the next album is because Axl feels the songs "aren't ready", I don't think we'll ever hear it...ever.  If it is truly finished, and just waiting for a proper release, then who know? Maybe it is coming.

My fear is that the current management teams inexperience with negotiating an album release is and has been holding things up dramatically.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #703 on: September 01, 2015, 06:02:35 PM »

So no one said that when it came out, then? 

That's what we're going with today?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #704 on: September 01, 2015, 06:03:48 PM »

I think it depends. If the reason there's still no news on the next album is because Axl feels the songs "aren't ready", I don't think we'll ever hear it...ever.  If it is truly finished, and just waiting for a proper release, then who know? Maybe it is coming.

My fear is that the current management teams inexperience with negotiating an album release is and has been holding things up dramatically.

I think the excessive tweaking complaint was legit, but hardly a dealbreaker.

However, to root against it, it means hoping that for the past 7 years, its really just been sitting around collecting dust.

I don't think that's super awesome either.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #705 on: September 01, 2015, 06:12:30 PM »

So no one said that when it came out, then? 

That's what we're going with today?

Anyone can say anything they want. Not everyone holds the same opinion, that's all I'm saying here.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #706 on: September 01, 2015, 07:04:03 PM »

Does anyone besides Jarmo (well, and I guess you) really think that the statements made by people here are facts and not their own opinions?  Are people really confused?  Or is it a convenient go-to post when someone says something you don?t like?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #707 on: September 01, 2015, 08:03:23 PM »

Anyone can say anything they want. Not everyone holds the same opinion, that's all I'm saying here.

But it was said, by several people and outlets.  That's the only point I was making.

I see their point.  It doesn't sound like an album recorded in 3 weeks, because it wasn't.

Its' not a dealbreaker, I don't think.  But some of the tunes are a bit more cut-n-pasty than others, in my view.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #708 on: September 01, 2015, 08:06:56 PM »

Does anyone besides Jarmo (well, and I guess you) really think that the statements made by people here are facts and not their own opinions?  Are people really confused?  Or is it a convenient go-to post when someone says something you don?t like?

The second point.

Its just another roundabout way to take issue if someone says something deemed negative.

What's unfortunate, in my opinion, is how some here want to be shielded from things that are well established as being said at places other than here.  Even if you, personally, don't share the opinion.  They seem pissed you are "bringing that negativity" here.  Like this is some bubble.  And if we don't say it out loud, it didn't happen.

This last bit of conversation, case in point.  People didn't feel the album was organic sounding.  These were things that were said.  I don't agree with them to the point I think the album can't be enjoyed, but I'm supposed to be a pal and just pretend it never happened?

Nah.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #709 on: September 01, 2015, 08:17:44 PM »

If you want to continue to use this site you must "play ball".  yes
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #710 on: September 01, 2015, 08:21:38 PM »

Which is totally fine.  And anyone that posts here has to respect that.

But there is a chasm of difference of you sitting here running Axl or the band down and really shitting on them, and pointing out a well known criticism that was said by several people int he midst of a conversation.

If you don't want the first kind of person here, fine.  I get that.

But the second kind of person?  Do you need to be that protected from cold, cruel world?

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #711 on: September 01, 2015, 08:26:55 PM »

But there is a chasm of difference of you sitting here running Axl or the band down and really shitting on them, and pointing out a well known criticism that was said by several people int he midst of a conversation.

But the second kind of person?  Do you need to be that protected from cold, cruel world?

I know that.

You know that.

But the person who makes the decisions doesn't see the distinction between the 2. And neither do the cheer-leaders.

I just call things as i see it. That gets me into trouble.  Wink

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #712 on: September 01, 2015, 08:28:29 PM »

Yeah, you've got a lot of fire.  Hahaha.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #713 on: September 01, 2015, 08:34:51 PM »

Yeah, you've got a lot of fire.  Hahaha.

Wink

The thing that gets lost when certain people attack.. is the fact that regardless of whatever criticisms i have of Axl and the direction he took the band since 2000... i am here because he is my favorite frontman of all time.. and that wont be changing anytime soon i wouldn't suspect. Sometimes it gets portrayed on here by people that if i have criticisms or misgivings about certain things then im a troll.. or not a fan... couldnt be further than the truth.  Smiley

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #714 on: September 01, 2015, 08:35:59 PM »

So just because a few people said something means what? See the thing is there are a few people here yourself included, who are always negative about everything. If anything negative is said about the band you are right there agreeing with it just because you share the same views. That doesn't mean any of it is true and quite frankly I'd consider 90% of what you and a few others say is horse shit.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #715 on: September 01, 2015, 08:51:38 PM »

So just because a few people said something means what?

It just means it was said.  Maybe you agree, maybe you don't.  But we don't pretend it never happened.  That's crazy time.

See the thing is there are a few people here yourself included, who are always negative about everything. If anything negative is said about the band you are right there agreeing with it just because you share the same views. That doesn't mean any of it is true and quite frankly I'd consider 90% of what you and a few others say is horse shit.

Well, I already said I saw the point made, but didn't say it was any sort of dealbreaker that prevented enjoyment.  Said it twice. 

So I'm not sure how that's me agreeing with it.

The rest of your post is just overemotional nonsense.  Rock band, dude.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #716 on: September 01, 2015, 08:55:29 PM »

Rock band or not what I said isn't wrong.  ok
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #717 on: September 01, 2015, 08:58:20 PM »

Actually, it was.  It was 100% wrong.

You said "anything negative said about the band and I am right there agreeing with it with it because I share those views".

That's was just proven demonstrably false.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #718 on: September 01, 2015, 09:00:43 PM »

Actually, it was.  It was 100% wrong.

You said "anything negative said about the band and I am right there agreeing with it with it because I share those views".

That's was just proven demonstrably false.

Clearly you missed the 90% part of the post but go ahead and try and dance around it if you wish.  Roll Eyes
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #719 on: September 01, 2015, 09:03:48 PM »

Clearly you missed the 90% part of the post but go ahead and try and dance around it if you wish.  Roll Eyes

We were talking about the criticism of the album not sounding organic.  I see it, but don't agree with it.

That's the point of discussion right now.  And I do not agree.

Now, if you have some other thing I said back in December 2014 you didn't like, and then followed it up with some other post from March 2015 you didn't like, oh well. 

I already have one of those guys.  I don't need two.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: