Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:36:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 231866 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #680 on: September 01, 2015, 09:47:05 AM »

yes, I wanted to know. thanks FunkyMonkey

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #681 on: September 01, 2015, 09:53:02 AM »

This is ridiculous. hihi

A credible source told me they heard Slash and Axl had met last year.  Slash seems to confirm that is true, much to my surprise.  I thought people would want know.

Apparently not.

Slash didn't really confirm meeting Axl.
He didn't even use the friends word. The reporter did, Slash just said things were cool at this point.

Not saying anything you claim is untrue, just sticking to what he said.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #682 on: September 01, 2015, 09:59:42 AM »

This is ridiculous. hihi

A credible source told me they heard Slash and Axl had met last year.  Slash seems to confirm that is true, much to my surprise.  I thought people would want know.

Apparently not.

And we've heard it.

And we are each, individually, giving that rumor/information the weight we think it deserves.

Fair enough?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Princess Leia
« Reply #683 on: September 01, 2015, 10:15:42 AM »

This is ridiculous. hihi

Apparently not.

"They heard" Well at least we know it was more than one person. However you?ve been told something those people heard from someone else.

Are "they" former members?  Are "they" people from the record company?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #684 on: September 01, 2015, 10:33:11 AM »

If there is a plan in place not including Slash Izzy and Duff...now would be a good time for Fernando to chime in again  Cheesy

Ease the tensions around here.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #685 on: September 01, 2015, 10:44:24 AM »

Where Is Fernando Labeis ?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #686 on: September 01, 2015, 10:58:47 AM »

This is ridiculous. hihi

Apparently not.

I heard the same things, albeit after the fact, not back in December. I heard the rumor sprung from GNRtruth, MSL's forum. Something like big developments in GNR, hell has indeed frozen over.

I'm not sure if that's what you heard. If so, I'm not sure why you can't say that. If it's some other secret source that you want to remain private, then that's your choice.

It doesn't really matter, but you've been around long enough to know how people react to "I heard about this months ago but didn't say anything." People are going to want more information than that if they're going to take the claim seriously. And don't get me wrong, I believe you. Others have made the same claim. Not sure all the secrecy is needed, but again that's up to you, and I'll respect that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #687 on: September 01, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »

Oh, ain't going to be seeing him around here after the Slash thing.

Do you blame him?  He would be inundated with reunion questions he can't answer.  I don't blame him laying low.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #688 on: September 01, 2015, 02:18:43 PM »

Do you blame him?  He would be inundated with reunion questions he can't answer.  I don't blame him laying low.

I certainly don't blame him for not wadding into these shark infested waters... However I wonder how much harm not responding to this rumor causes if it in fact turns out to be wrong or just misleading. This was picked up by relatively major news networks, so when it doesn't come to fruition does blame get applied (even if misguided)? I would have to imagine it will weigh negatively on Axl again (while he essentially has nothing to do with it).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:24:34 PM by C0ma » Logged
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #689 on: September 01, 2015, 02:25:09 PM »

you're right.

no update on the official page on facebook for a long time , strange , no?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #690 on: September 01, 2015, 02:48:58 PM »

I certainly don't blame him for not wadding into these shark infested waters... However I wonder how much harm not responding to this rumor causes if it in fact turns out to be wrong or just misleading. This was picked up by relatively major news networks, so when it doesn't come to fruition does blame get applied (even if misguided)? I would have to imagine it will weigh negatively on Axl again (while he essentially has nothing to do with it).

Well, on one hand, let's say it's true that they're planning a reunion tour for 2016.  No fucking way is it going be confirmed by Fernando on message board.  One of the biggest tours of all time?  Fuck no.  That's gonna be written in the sky by jets.

On the other hand, let's say it isn't true, and whatever communication Axl & Slash had/have has been completely blown out of proportion.  It isn't like GNR has any "good" news to offset what would essentially be news that's just taking the wind out of the fans collective sails.  Probably best to stay quiet until there's actually something to talk about.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #691 on: September 01, 2015, 02:51:39 PM »

This is ridiculous. hihi

Apparently not.

Slash didn't really confirm meeting Axl.
He didn't even use the friends word. The reporter did, Slash just said things were cool at this point.

Not saying anything you claim is untrue, just sticking to what he said.

/jarmo

Yeah but cool could be "hey men,pls lets stop that hate thing"  from one camp to other camp or they meet each other and they were cool to each other
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #692 on: September 01, 2015, 03:02:09 PM »

Well, on one hand, let's say it's true that they're planning a reunion tour for 2016.  No fucking way is it going be confirmed by Fernando on message board.  One of the biggest tours of all time?  Fuck no.  That's gonna be written in the sky by jets.

On the other hand, let's say it isn't true, and whatever communication Axl & Slash had/have has been completely blown out of proportion.  It isn't like GNR has any "good" news to offset what would essentially be news that's just taking the wind out of the fans collective sails.  Probably best to stay quiet until there's actually something to talk about.

If a reunion is in the works then yes, I would expect radio silence (which could be good that we have heard nothing post Slash interview from the GnR camp). However for PR purposes alone, the more steam the reunion rumor gets (which has slowed down in the mainstream media) the more likely it is to further impact Axl's reputation. I know everyone here respects his and even Dizzy's reasoning for bowing out of the Hall of Fame ceremony, but again the general public and a lot of the industry viewed it as a childish hissy fit.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #693 on: September 01, 2015, 03:08:52 PM »

Which is the bigger issue.

"Axl and Slash have indeed been on friendlier terms.  However, there are no plans for any sort of reunion tour at this time.  Axl is putting the finishing touches on the next GNR record which he hopes to have out in early 2016.  Stay tuned, Gunners!"

Would be nice, huh?

But, no.  Instead we get "maybe there is stuff going on you aren't privy to, fake fan."

Lovely.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #694 on: September 01, 2015, 03:23:13 PM »

"Axl and Slash have indeed been on friendlier terms.  However, there are no plans for any sort of reunion tour at this time.  Axl is putting the finishing touches on the next GNR record which he hopes to have out in early 2016.  Stay tuned, Gunners!"

Would be nice, huh?

Why putting out statements like this is just completely outside the realm of Fernando/Beta/Whoever is charge's capabilities I will never understand. They JUST. WON'T. DO. IT.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:25:39 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Princess Leia
« Reply #695 on: September 01, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »

There is no need for Fernando to confirm anything regarding reunion. Slash has his hands full next year. He has a new album coming and some shows as well. He is also producing a new horror movie. Slash won?t be available. He is working on his stuff as we speak
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #696 on: September 01, 2015, 04:19:06 PM »

Would be nice, huh?

Why putting out statements like this is just completely outside the realm of Fernando/Beta/Whoever is charge's capabilities I will never understand. They JUST. WON'T. DO. IT.

Ah, because "what if..."

What if...if it doesn't happen.

What if...there is a delay.

What if...there is a nuclear war.

What flaw in all this alleged "what if..." worry is that is implies its then and only then people might get annoyed and frustrated.

THEY ARE THAT WAY RIGHT NOW.

What do you have to lose?  If anything, maybe it can act as the motivation for you to get off your fucking ass and never have to deal with that day of reckoning if you don't deliver.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #697 on: September 01, 2015, 04:31:00 PM »

Would be nice, huh?

Ah, because "what if..."

What if...if it doesn't happen.

What if...there is a delay.

What if...there is a nuclear war.

What flaw in all this alleged "what if..." worry is that is implies its then and only then people might get annoyed and frustrated.

THEY ARE THAT WAY RIGHT NOW.

What do you have to lose?  If anything, maybe it can act as the motivation for you to get off your fucking ass and never have to deal with that day of reckoning if you don't deliver.

I just think about how when other bands (Yeah, I know Jarmo, I said "other bands") are finishing up albums, there's this flurry of communication and hype for the fans.  But with GNR everything is just soooo damn cloak and daggers, an update like the above would literally knock the fanbase on its ass. 

Would Axl haul off and chew out Fernando if he told us that the next album is, in fact, coming soon?  Is that just beyond taboo?  Seems that way.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #698 on: September 01, 2015, 04:55:44 PM »

I asked Fernando point blank if they felt they were gaining any strategic advantage by treating this band like the CIA.  No answer.

I asked Fernando point blank if he felt it hurt more than it helped.  No answer.

But, he did quote another post of mine where I made like 3 different points and replied "Um...nuh-uh." with no elaboration or follow up of any kind.

This was deemed the wicked burn of the season.  Well, by some.  Try and guess by who.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #699 on: September 01, 2015, 05:00:24 PM »

I asked Fernando point blank if they felt they were gaining any strategic advantage by treating this band like the CIA.  No answer.

I asked Fernando point blank if he felt it hurt more than it helped.  No answer.

But, he did quote another post of mine where I made like 3 different points and replied "Um...nuh-uh." with no elaboration or follow up of any kind.

This was deemed the wicked burn of the season.  Well, by some.  Try and guess by who.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Yep. I asked him both directly and within the thread whether there were any negotiations regarding new music going on and who is currently spearheading those negotiations....Nothing. 

At least with Chinese Democracy, Beta updated fans in early 2008 saying that the album was done and that they were currently in negotiations with the label.  Now, all we have a vague soundbites from Richard and Frank saying that something is coming....Wait for it......."SOON."

That's about as reassuring as Tommy Stinson telling fans Chinese Democracy was a "hair's breadth" from being released back in 2004.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: