Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:21:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 231891 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #660 on: September 01, 2015, 04:05:39 AM »

You know nothing and you're an idiot.  How's that for mature. Tongue

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #661 on: September 01, 2015, 05:42:44 AM »

Funky Monkey is aces.

Always been a great contributer here, you have no reason to make up stuff for attention, always posting great links to information.

Emily ... Take a fucking chill pill for once. Rock band stuff... That's all it is.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #662 on: September 01, 2015, 06:57:27 AM »

Funky Monkey is aces.

Always been a great contributer here, you have no reason to make up stuff for attention, always posting great links to information.

Emily ... Take a fucking chill pill for once. Rock band stuff... That's all it is.

Look....I'm not completely over on Emily's side of the fence on this, but I'm not exactly on Funky's side either.

The question that bugs me is: Why bring it up now? True or not, real or not, pertinent or not.  At the time, if it happened, it wasn't shared with the group. Which is fine!

But sharing it now doesn't really add anything substantial to our current discussion, because it's not being attributed to a source, it's not being given context,  and it's only being given a very general time frame. 

The only thing it really does is portray the person imparting it as something of an "insider" or "in the know" or "big time".

Which leads me to doubt.

The only thing that drags me back over is that, as much as Funky and I disagree on stuff, he's usually a stand up guy, and some of the info he imparts usually has had some verifiable basis.

If Funky finds that "doubt" to be insulting....well, I'd offer the Monkey should know better.  Anyone coming in, saying something of this nature, is going to be questioned.  I've read the "believe it or not" response...and that's probably the right tact to take.  Leave it right there.  Because there is ample room to doubt, and not doubt, without more info.

The ongoing argument, and the insults.....I know there is "Emily Animosity" there, but.....she's going to think what she wants, as is every other poster.  Without more info, there's really no "defending" the position....so time to just Mo Vaughn.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #663 on: September 01, 2015, 07:52:51 AM »

Oh horrors, a personal insult- If I cared about your opinion it might actually mean something, and if you had the barest semblance of intelligence I might be worried.

You are trying to play insider, and you offer no details and no proof on some claim from December.

So I am disinclined to believe your shenanigans, ruminate on that awhile  hihi
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:00:41 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #664 on: September 01, 2015, 07:55:32 AM »

Funky Monkey is aces.

Worry about your own behavior, I'm disinclined to heed your questionable and cliche' advice.

LOL @chill pill   hihi
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:07:48 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Princess Leia
« Reply #665 on: September 01, 2015, 08:10:59 AM »

Monkey the kind of rumor you talk about and how you?re talking it sounds you got it from that asshole MSL. If that is the case let me tell you that guy is full of shit. He is only knows about hacking computers and black mail

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #666 on: September 01, 2015, 08:14:29 AM »

Funky Monkey is aces.

Look....I'm not completely over on Emily's side of the fence on this, but I'm not exactly on Funky's side either.

The question that bugs me is: Why bring it up now? True or not, real or not, pertinent or not.  At the time, if it happened, it wasn't shared with the group. Which is fine!

But sharing it now doesn't really add anything substantial to our current discussion, because it's not being attributed to a source, it's not being given context,  and it's only being given a very general time frame. 

The only thing it really does is portray the person imparting it as something of an "insider" or "in the know" or "big time".

Which leads me to doubt.

The only thing that drags me back over is that, as much as Funky and I disagree on stuff, he's usually a stand up guy, and some of the info he imparts usually has had some verifiable basis.

If Funky finds that "doubt" to be insulting....well, I'd offer the Monkey should know better.  Anyone coming in, saying something of this nature, is going to be questioned.  I've read the "believe it or not" response...and that's probably the right tact to take.  Leave it right there.  Because there is ample room to doubt, and not doubt, without more info.

The ongoing argument, and the insults.....I know there is "Emily Animosity" there, but.....she's going to think what she wants, as is every other poster.  Without more info, there's really no "defending" the position....so time to just Mo Vaughn.

I concur with this, as do I agree with most of your posts Pilferk.

With no supporting evidence I requested, this is somewhat of an impass of sorts- there is no reason for me to bite this random claim from December hook, line, and sinker. I'm originally from the "show me" state, and I see no evidence to support said claim.

May well be time to Moo faun, as you so tactfully suggested.  ok
Thank you for your input Smiley

"Shut the fuck up."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #667 on: September 01, 2015, 08:45:48 AM »

Funky Monkey is aces.

Which leads me to doubt.

I concur with this, as do I agree with most of your posts Pilferk.

With no supporting evidence I requested, this is somewhat of an impass of sorts- there is no reason for me to bite this random claim from December hook, line, and sinker. I'm originally from the "show me" state, and I see no evidence to support said claim.

May well be time to Moo faun, as you so tactfully suggested.  ok
Thank you for your input Smiley

Can't believe I am saying this:

I 100% agree with Emily on this... There is this 'need' for some people to come off as if they are an insider. We had Danny and his fax machine... now this. Want to share some info... share the source, or some basic evidence that would support your claim. Don't just say something as vague as 'I heard from someone that Axl and Slash spoke' then sit back for months and wait for the first thing that sort of supports your unsubstantiated claim.

I can do it too:

I posted this on January 12th 2006, but I mis typed it, I got this from an industry friend of mine:

"I would love it if Wieland decided to go off on his own and VR put together an album sort of like Santana with the various guest Vocalists. That way they could put out an album as sort of a try out for the "next" album. You could see how the band writes and plays with a variety of different singers."

This very obviously (sarcasm) was because I had inside information that Slash was going to record the first 'Slash' album where he found Myles and then formed his current band. *drops mic*

see how it works...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #668 on: September 01, 2015, 08:49:28 AM »

In trying to find my VR post... I did come across this, Pilferk, you may need to calibrate your fax machine:

Re: Name a Sports record that will "never ever" be broken!
? Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 08:20:58 AM ?
DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak.

Marciano's 49-0 boxing record.  To be clear..no professional boxer will win 50 straight.

Cobb's .366 career batting average.

Floyd Mayweather Jr is 48-0... we are getting really close.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #669 on: September 01, 2015, 09:13:52 AM »

Which leads me to doubt.

What is so hard to believe?

I was given a piece of information that Slash and Axl had met, I said I would keep it to myself.  To be honest it seemed so far fetched I didn't believe it.  Then Slash comes out and says he and Axl are on friendly terms...this rumor was probably true.

I thought I would share what I had heard, put it in context that they may have met last year.  I thought people may want to know.  I don't think I'll do that again.

There is this 'need' for some people to come off as if they are an insider.

I never said I was an insider.  Come on.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #670 on: September 01, 2015, 09:14:24 AM »

In trying to find my VR post... I did come across this, Pilferk, you may need to calibrate your fax machine:

Marciano's 49-0 boxing record.  To be clear..no professional boxer will win 50 straight.

Yeah, I have no fax machine. Does anyone, anymore?

Mayweather SAYS he's going to retire at 49-0.  We'll see.....

If he manages it.....it will be an unreal accomplishment. One I never, ever, ever thought I'd see broken.

Together again,
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #671 on: September 01, 2015, 09:15:13 AM »

Funky Monkey is aces.

Thanks JAEBALL.  I've been posting here for many years and have never said anything untrue.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #672 on: September 01, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »

I was given a piece of information that Slash and Axl had met, I said I would keep it to myself.  To be honest it seemed so far fetched I didn't believe it.  Then Slash comes out and says he and Axl are on friendly terms...this rumor was probably true.

I thought I would share what I had heard, put it in context that they may have met last year.  I thought people may want to know.  I don't think I'll do that again.

The timing is a little convenient, no? Of deciding to talk about a rumor NOW that you hear about 9 or 10 months ago?

And IF the above happened...what benefit is there to sharing it now?  Other than to bolster your own rep?  The info is out there, already.  You can nod your head and internal monologue yourself a "yup, that jives".  Maybe give a private high five to the source.  But sharing it, at this point...it doesn't do anything productive in the discussion.  We have the rumor.  A contextless, nameless, faceless, unassailable 3rd hand source from neigh a year ago doesn't, really, add any more (or less) credibility to what we have.

It just gives the appearance that you might be "in the know".

It just seems fishy.  It may be perfectly legit....but without anything else, you have to realize that there is a fair amount of healthy skepticism around here. No?

So, again, rather than continuing to defend an indefensible (without more info) position....better to leave it as "take it for what you will", and move on.

As for "I don't think I'll do that again".....likely a good choice unless you're willing to provide at least a modicum of context.

Together again,
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #673 on: September 01, 2015, 09:22:16 AM »

This thread has lost me.... All I know I love when Emily gets into arguments on here. Weather I agree or not, she has a no shit taking, no nonsense, very matter of fact way of presenting her case and you can't help but feel sorry for the victim fighting with her. She definitely isn't one you can say fuck off to and she'll go away quietly. She certainly will call you out on your bullshit and if not for any other reason, but to show you she picked up on your bullshit.

With Axl and Slash, again, as of right now it's their thing. I could mean that on Slash's end, he doesn't feel the tension there anymore. Or it could mean they talked, shared a drink or whatever, and that is that. One thing that would have been cool is if it took place at the Rainbow Bar and Grill. A. It'd be sweet to walk in there to get a table and in the back, there they are. Though one time I was there, Slash did walk in, some people were calling him by his real name, most were in his face. I heard him tell his friends, "See, that's why we don't come here" and he left. So going off of that, it'd be after hours, if anything.

But who knows what went down or how it all unfolded. It could have just been a text message, phone conversation, or hasn't happened at all. Time to wait and see! In the meantime, I'm gonna hang on to Richard's words that 2016 will be a big year for Guns. As long as I get to see them tour, I'm a happy guy. It's been too long for me.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #674 on: September 01, 2015, 09:25:04 AM »

Yeah, I have no fax machine. Does anyone, anymore?

Mayweather SAYS he's going to retire at 49-0.  We'll see.....

If he manages it.....it will be an unreal accomplishment. One I never, ever, ever thought I'd see broken.

I never thought that even 49-0 would be touched, we'll see what he does past this next fight. The other two are untouchable.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #675 on: September 01, 2015, 09:26:38 AM »

Thanks JAEBALL.  I've been posting here for many years and have never said anything untrue.

And that reputation is exactly, and entirely, why I sit on the fence, rather than discount it as complete fantasy.

To be honest, I was going to post something very similar to what I posted earlier this morning, yesterday.  And then refrained entirely because it WAS coming from you.

But, when someone else pointed out similar questions.....I thought it might help by pointing out it's not just Emily.  There might be others with similar misgivings, so...maybe take that into account.

Together again,
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #676 on: September 01, 2015, 09:28:08 AM »

The timing is a little convenient, no? Of deciding to talk about a rumor NOW that you hear about 9 or 10 months ago?

Really, I just explained that.  I didn't believe it, Slash seems to confirm it.  Wow.

And IF the above happened...what benefit is there to sharing it now?  

I thought people may want to know. Roll Eyes

As for "I don't think I'll do that again".....likely a good choice unless you're willing to provide at least a modicum of context.

Because less information is better.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #677 on: September 01, 2015, 09:34:15 AM »

Which leads me to doubt.

There is this 'need' for some people to come off as if they are an insider.

I never said I was an insider.  Come on.

This is all easily fixed if you simply give some context into what and how you heard. You don't need to name names, but as an example...

You could say something like: Hey I can't get super specific but I know someone who works at Disneyland, and a few cast members swear they saw Axl and Buckethead get on Mr. Toads Wild Ride... not sure what it means but I figured I'd share, based on what Buckets hand puppet recently said in the press.

It fills a few more blanks than you did...

I didn't mean to insinuate that you needed to be an insider, but they lack of specifics wreaks of Danny and his fax machine... and that's exactly what he was trying to look like.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #678 on: September 01, 2015, 09:35:29 AM »

Really, I just explained that.  I didn't believe it, Slash seems to confirm it.  Wow.

Yeah, it's not a great explanation.  Seems a little too convenient.  Sorry, but...there you go. With the amount of chaff we all share, with very little wheat..that's not something I think a "regular" would keep to themselves when they heard it.  Not without good reason.  And if there was good reason...then you'd probably be better served to continue to keep it internalized.

Which is why I keep saying you should probably just leave it at "believe it or not".  Because the more you defend it, the worse it goes, for me.

I thought people may want to know. Roll Eyes

But..you haven't added anything.  Not really.  You basically said "I knew, 9 months ago, what you're just finding out".  What more does this add?

Because less information is better.

This isn't really MORE information. And it's not NEW information.  It's just noise.  So, yes...less unsubstantiated, uncorrobarated, noise IS better.

Or, at least, if you're going to put the noise out there, frame it for what it is, up front.  And then acknowledge that to believe, or not to believe, is in the eye of the reader  And basically walk away.

If you expect everyone to just take you 100% at your word, in an anonymous internet forum that has basically been battered by bad information, rumors, and outright trickery in the past.....based solely on your rep....I don't think you're going to get that. I don't think anyone not directly associated with the band will/would.  You get some benefit of the doubt....but not the whole enchilada.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:39:26 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #679 on: September 01, 2015, 09:45:59 AM »

This is ridiculous. hihi

A credible source told me they heard Slash and Axl had met last year.  Slash seems to confirm that is true, much to my surprise.  I thought people would want know.

Apparently not.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: