Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:32:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 231992 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #600 on: August 28, 2015, 08:26:58 PM »

I've been a Guns fan
Since 1987
I loved that lineup.

It changed with the times
But it's still Guns n' Roses.
It's Axl's baby.

Reunion with Slash
I find no more exciting
Then a Finck return

Or Brain coming back,
Or if Satriani joined
Or zombie Hendrix.

New music's my choice
Member comings and goings
Mean little to me

Unless they foretell
The clearing out of deadwood
That blocks a release.

Reunion right now,
Or music that's new to me
Seeing light at last?

New music.  No doubt.
There's not even a contest
In my silly head.

Splash

/Mike

***Haiku Mode OFF***
Realized this may fit better in a different thread I saw but I'm really tired after trying to make contingency plans to keep my radio station on the air with the possibility of hurricane impact in a few days...I'm dead center in the path at the moment!  Apologies if this is misplaced.
***Haiku Mode ON***
Like some Sinatra?
Legendsradio.com
Visit the classics!!! 😎😜

Take me down to Hai-
-ku City where the grass is
green and the dammit...

Hahahaha

He's amazing, isn't he?

I was at a board where a guy lost a bet on a boxing fight and had to post in rhyming couplets for a month.  That's tough.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #601 on: August 29, 2015, 05:15:40 PM »

It's all about GNR! Axl Slash Duff Izzy Steven. That's why I got a GNR tatoo. Not for Paul Hughe or Bucketbrain, Bumbleass or whatever. Guns N' Fucking Roses!

Man that's so great! Making jokes out of band members' names! Never saw that before!

Plus you got a tatoo!

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #602 on: August 29, 2015, 06:08:58 PM »

So is there anything new?

Or just a bunch of gibber jabber from posters I haven't seen forever
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #603 on: August 29, 2015, 07:18:12 PM »

Not going to go through 30 odd pages of this thread,my viewpoints on them getting back on better terms is thank god,life is far too fecking short for stupid(and nothing in the grand scheme of life is worth losing a mate over,and i mean nothing)arguement,it just isnt the only problem is no one could slap the pair of them round the ear and told them to get on with life,but good its good to see.
Princess Leia
« Reply #604 on: August 30, 2015, 04:01:45 AM »

Apparently there is a statement from the camp. But it seems they talk to Latin America media only   Undecided

http://estacionk2.com/musica-2/axl-y-slash-tiene-una-mejor-relacion-pero-no-trabajaran-juntos/

Is this in fact a statement from the camp?  Huh

P.S. Hey camp next time call RS Magazine or Blabbermouth or just used the fuckin? official facebook, will you?  Roll Eyes
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #605 on: August 30, 2015, 06:19:11 AM »

Apparently there is a statement from the camp. But it seems they talk to Latin America media only   Undecided

http://estacionk2.com/musica-2/axl-y-slash-tiene-una-mejor-relacion-pero-no-trabajaran-juntos/

P.S. Hey camp next time call RS Magazine or Blabbermouth or just used the fuckin? official facebook, will you?  Roll Eyes

nothing there is from GNR camp my friend, is just this news: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/2016-will-be-a-big-year-for-guns-n-roses-says-guitarist/

Kiss

whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #606 on: August 30, 2015, 07:43:26 AM »

well...

http://www.nme.com/news/limp-bizkit/87911

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #607 on: August 30, 2015, 07:59:25 AM »

Sometimes I swear people just mention GnR/Axl/Slash so they get hits on google.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #608 on: August 30, 2015, 09:56:35 AM »

The funny thing is it would take Axl exactly 30 seconds and less than 140 characters on twitter to put an end to all of this. He could shoot down Slash and Durst so easily... the more 'legs' this thing gets in the press the more I fell like it could adversely effect Guns N' Roses if he decides to push on the with the current line up and 2 new guitar players.

I was actually on an Amtrack train from New York after the Hammerstein shows... I was headed to Boston, and he was shooting a movie in Rhode Island.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #609 on: August 30, 2015, 10:13:34 AM »

Sometimes I swear people just mention GnR/Axl/Slash so they get hits on google.

Exactly, name dropping is a very old trick.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #610 on: August 30, 2015, 10:17:25 AM »

Don't believe everything you read on the internet- not even from your chosen bastions of integrity like Blabbermouth and RS magazine.  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #611 on: August 30, 2015, 11:50:05 AM »

Here is my problem with people saying 'this is a band just like the old band was':

Where are the group photos? I count 2 in 17 years from 2006. But that's all.
Where are the group interviews? GN'R, at least in the first few years, had group interviews and even in the 90s you had Slash, Duff, Matt doing promo stuff or Axl and Slash. You have one interview from 2009 I think it was with Axl and Dj. That's all.
Why were none of the other members allowed to write lyrics and/or melodies for Chinese Democracy? As far back as Appetite, you had other members contributing lyrics, melodies, even contributing whole songs. Whereas on Chinese Democracy they wrote material, which was apparently then cut and pasted (according to Brian May and others) by Axl.

I have no problem with Axl using the GN'R 'name'. He owns it legally. But to claim this is a band in the same way Slash-era Guns N' Roses was...I don't think one can make that claim. Maybe on appearance, because it's a bunch of guys on the same stage, it might? But operationally speaking?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #612 on: August 30, 2015, 12:14:50 PM »

The funny thing is it would take Axl exactly 30 seconds and less than 140 characters on twitter to put an end to all of this. He could shoot down Slash and Durst so easily...

No shit.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if Axl's next move is to release some sort of statement that this is all total bullshit and it won't ever happen, not ever!  In a way, I'm surprised he hasn't done this yet.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #613 on: August 30, 2015, 01:05:30 PM »

Where are the group interviews? GN'R, at least in the first few years, had group interviews and even in the 90s you had Slash, Duff, Matt doing promo stuff or Axl and Slash. You have one interview from 2009 I think it was with Axl and Dj. That's all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Of3pk8pks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoddQY5BN8A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rFY7PTsXTw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiqhTutF1TQ

There's some, not all of them though.
Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #614 on: August 30, 2015, 06:11:11 PM »

NO Axl & Slash

"AJ Maddah Breaks Silence On THAT Soundwave 2016 Headline Rumour"

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/aj-maddah-breaks-silence-on-that-soundwave-2016-headline-rumour/

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #615 on: August 30, 2015, 11:09:31 PM »

In that last youtube clip^, looks like Tommy caught a cold, all that sniffling.  hihi
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #616 on: August 31, 2015, 12:16:42 AM »

Statement from AJ Maddah regarding Soundwave.  This guy KNOWS the business better than anybody.  I put in bold the most important sentence you will see in this entire thread, it is also a point I have been hammering home for the last decade on here.

Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah has now broken his silence about the persistent rumours. Speaking to Music Feeds, Maddah said that fans should not expect Appetite for Destruction-era Gunners at Soundwave 2016.

?It?s been nice for me personally to share this fantasy for a few days along with the fans but it is not happening for SW16,? the festival founder said.

?I sure hope those guys do get back together again as there has never been, or as far as I am concerned ever will be such a potent force for rock?n roll than the original GNR in full flight.?

?If it does happen it is going to take longer than six months for the band to be ready to tour. I think it?ll take a hundred lawyers six months just to get the five of them into a rehearsal room together.?

However, Maddah said that if that hard rock dream comes true, he wants to be involved: ?But if by a miracle it does happen, then of course, I?ll throw everything I can to be involved and it would be my last act as a promoter as after that I?ll have nowhere to go!?
BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #617 on: August 31, 2015, 12:34:28 AM »

Guess that's the final nail in that coffin  yes
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #618 on: August 31, 2015, 02:10:04 AM »

They are just 'friends' you guys, it doesn't mean that...and I rly think not  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yGGZUrNyUE

yeah Jarmo is such an Axl fanboy, wtf! Tongue
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:04:08 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #619 on: August 31, 2015, 02:15:13 PM »

Rumor was they met up last year.  I guess the rumor was right.

Where did that rumor come from? Never seen it.

Wasn't something posted online, and it may have been more than just Slash there.

Good for them.  Will anything come from it, who knows.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: