Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:15:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 232014 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #580 on: August 27, 2015, 09:25:05 PM »

I've been a Guns fan
Since 1987
I loved that lineup.

It changed with the times
But it's still Guns n' Roses.
It's Axl's baby.

Reunion with Slash
I find no more exciting
Then a Finck return

Or Brain coming back,
Or if Satriani joined
Or zombie Hendrix.

New music's my choice
Member comings and goings
Mean little to me

Unless they foretell
The clearing out of deadwood
That blocks a release.

Reunion right now,
Or music that's new to me
Seeing light at last?

New music.  No doubt.
There's not even a contest
In my silly head.

Splash

/Mike

***Haiku Mode OFF***
Realized this may fit better in a different thread I saw but I'm really tired after trying to make contingency plans to keep my radio station on the air with the possibility of hurricane impact in a few days...I'm dead center in the path at the moment!  Apologies if this is misplaced.
***Haiku Mode ON***
Like some Sinatra?
Legendsradio.com
Visit the classics!!! 😎😜

Be safe, man!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #581 on: August 27, 2015, 09:56:20 PM »

He is a character....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #582 on: August 27, 2015, 10:32:29 PM »

"In the new Eddie Trunk podcast, he says he contacted Slash's manager about an interview with him to ask more about the reunion rumors, and apparently the whole thing has been blown far out of proportion, and he's laying low now when it comes to interviews"

From mygnr forum

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #583 on: August 27, 2015, 10:59:55 PM »

I dont  know... one of the most impressionable traits of axl is that he's firm by his stands. and after calling the guy a plague, I dont know how to interpret this.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #584 on: August 28, 2015, 12:52:47 AM »

It's a little too early for talk of a reunion, I think. Yeah, it would be great. How anyone could not want a reunion at this point is beyond me.  I just don't see Axl throwing everything he has been working on to the wayside. Do you really think Axl is going to say to Tommy Stinson, "Hey, I know you've been in Guns for 17 years, but I'm bringing Duff back. Thanks for your time." No way.

Axl does not want to be viewed as a failure. If he reforms the old band, many people would say how he couldn't do it without the original members, blah blah blah. Yeah, a reunion would be fucking amazing... But it ain't happening. Axl's vision is a completely different sound than the old guys would bring back to the table. He's not interested in that old sound anymore. He's already proven that.

I think this thing has been blown way out of proportion.

Edit: Let me rephrase something... Axl probably doesn't really care how he's viewed, but he does not want to fail.He's worked too hard to go back to the beginning.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:02:17 AM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #585 on: August 28, 2015, 01:08:51 AM »

It's a little too early for talk of a reunion, I think. Yeah, it would be great. How anyone could not want a reunion at this point is beyond me.  I just don't see Axl throwing everything he has been working on to the wayside. Do you really think Axl is going to say to Tommy Stinson, "Hey, I know you've been in Guns for 17 years, but I'm bringing Duff back. Thanks for your time." No way.

Axl does not want to be viewed as a failure. If he reforms the old band, many people would say how he couldn't do it without the original members, blah blah blah. Yeah, a reunion would be fucking amazing... But it ain't happening. Axl's vision is a completely different sound than the old guys would bring back to the table. He's not interested in that old sound anymore. He's already proven that.

I think this thing has been blown way out of proportion.

Edit: Let me rephrase something... Axl probably doesn't really care how he's viewed, but he does not want to fail.He's worked too hard to go back to the beginning.

Agree 100%

Princess Leia
« Reply #586 on: August 28, 2015, 03:54:50 AM »

There is a RS article, not much. But the guy explains the madness. First we saw Duff back for a few shows and things were great, also this new hiatus. And the news that BBF and DJ are officially out.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/flashback-guns-n-roses-play-final-show-before-mysterious-hiatus-20150827
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #587 on: August 28, 2015, 04:05:16 AM »

Sometimes you can understand why guns keep quiet about stuff, the slightest things gets blown way out of proportion.

Maybe relations have slightly improved between axl and slash. Does this mean we're staring down the barrel of a reunion? Hell no!

Relations may well have improved a little so that axl and slash could release their DVDs last year.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #588 on: August 28, 2015, 04:31:18 AM »

I don't think anyone can make a viable comparison to the climate of the early 90's- The music industry has undergone a massive change since then, plus the internet is a huge factor now, and wasn't in the late 80's -early 90's. MTV and Vh1 were so much a part of things in the 90's, but are extinct species now for all practical purposes and exist in name only, Music television is essentally dead.

I can't name many of the members of any of the newish popular groups, but truth is I don't listen to that, and without the MTV-Vh1 exposure- I don't listen to much newish music. I prefer classic rock stations- and I already know who plays in the majority of those bands.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Princess Leia
« Reply #589 on: August 28, 2015, 04:32:09 AM »

Sometimes you can understand why guns keep quiet about stuff, the slightest things gets blown way out of proportion.

Maybe relations have slightly improved between axl and slash. Does this mean we're staring down the barrel of a reunion? Hell no!

Relations may well have improved a little so that axl and slash could release their DVDs last year.

Well I think it?s exactly the opposite. If the GN?R camp would make a statement denying things rather quickly nothing would be blown out of proportion. A statement would put an end to speculations and rumors
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #590 on: August 28, 2015, 04:34:49 AM »

Good post and points.

Whenever anyone from GNR makes a statement, or anyone does interviews there is always a sector that attempts to translate it into something completely different or takes it out of context and twists it.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #591 on: August 28, 2015, 04:36:55 AM »

Well I think it?s exactly the opposite. If the GN?R camp would make a statement denying things rather quickly nothing would be blown out of proportion. A statement would put an end to speculations and rumors

Disagree.

Fans convince themselves it would be in GNRs best interest to make some sort of statement, because that is whst fans want.

Any statement made at this point would only fan pre-existing flames- imo.

"Shut the fuck up."
stephan
Headliner

« Reply #592 on: August 28, 2015, 05:17:46 AM »

The Trunk podcast (gnr time: 08:30)

http://podcastone.com/Eddie-Trunk-Podcast#previousEpisodes

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #593 on: August 28, 2015, 05:45:49 AM »

I would say that the lack of a product like MTV would be a fair criticism of a comparison, but being that it is an already established band with a rich history I think it is fair to assume that people would be able to continue to follow their 'membership' if there were strong interest(on social media and the like), BUT that till doesn't address the popularity of the music. I get your point that CD outsold (by 500,000 albums) TSI, but that was a specific project and people know it was a cover album of nearly unknown deep cut punk tracks... While CD has sold 5.5 million copies world wide since 2008 you would be hard pressed to find many casual rock fans that could name more than a few songs off of it (and I think 'a few' is being generous).

My point wasn't about which line up of the band has the most recognizable members.
The sales was just an example of how you could measure popularity. Same with shows.
What I was trying to say was that if you only compare sales, GN'R was as popular in 2008 as in 1993 among the record buying public. The ones who spend money buying new music.

Once again, let me make clear that I'm not making claims that the band was as big in 2008 as in 1993, in any other way. Before somebody starts hyperventilation or foaming at their mouth.

While some people whiffed on Gilby, they could at the time name 60% of the band (Axl, Duff, Slash, and Matt).

I don't know if Matt was that popular?
The first three, yes.

I've been a Guns fan
Since 1987
I loved that lineup.

It's Axl's baby.

Nothing like a Haiku in the morning!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #594 on: August 28, 2015, 07:43:29 AM »

I love the music Slash creates. Even today some of his songs sound like old Guns tracks until the vocals begin. He still churns out great sounds and Axl equally has created some amazing music. Listening to mash-ups on Youtube of Velvet Revolver and Axl or Slash tracks with Axl mashed in and immediately that sound is there and I get the goosebumps like I did back in the 80s listening to GNR. They just sound good together and created some great songs together. I'm glad they're on speaking terms again and would be thrilled if they decided to put a song or two together but it may never happen so I'll just be happy to hear new music from both camps and remain a fan of all those guys and buy their music.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #595 on: August 28, 2015, 11:17:16 AM »

I think everyone needs to take a step back and take a breath here. While its exciting to think about a reunion and while some people here make it sound like the current band has not had a big impact on the fan base but has anyone thought about how Axl feels about these guys some of these guys have been around for a long time like Tommy, Richard, Chris and even Frank now you think he is just going to be like ok guys see ya later thanks for your time. Whether something happens with previous band members there is alot to consider like other people who have put in alot of work with this band.  So everybody get their panties out of a bunch lets let the dust settle on this and see what happens.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #596 on: August 28, 2015, 12:37:27 PM »

You Imagine....

Robin/Slash

GNR

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #597 on: August 28, 2015, 02:08:37 PM »

You Imagine....

Robin/Slash

GNR

I imagine....

Izzy/Slash

GNR

I imagine....

Robin/Slash

Weird.

Tongue
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #598 on: August 28, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »

I've been a Guns fan
Since 1987
I loved that lineup.

It's Axl's baby.

Reunion with Slash
I find no more exciting
Then a Finck return

Or Brain coming back,
Or if Satriani joined
Or zombie Hendrix.

New music's my choice
Member comings and goings
Mean little to me

Unless they foretell
The clearing out of deadwood
That blocks a release.

Reunion right now,
Or music that's new to me
Seeing light at last?

New music.  No doubt.
There's not even a contest
In my silly head.

Splash

/Mike

***Haiku Mode OFF***
Realized this may fit better in a different thread I saw but I'm really tired after trying to make contingency plans to keep my radio station on the air with the possibility of hurricane impact in a few days...I'm dead center in the path at the moment!  Apologies if this is misplaced.
***Haiku Mode ON***
Like some Sinatra?
Legendsradio.com
Visit the classics!!! 😎😜

Take me down to Hai-
-ku City where the grass is
green and the dammit...

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #599 on: August 28, 2015, 08:11:54 PM »

It's all about GNR! Axl Slash Duff Izzy Steven. That's why I got a GNR tatoo. Not for Paul Hughe or Bucketbrain, Bumbleass or whatever. Guns N' Fucking Roses!

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: