Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:30:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 232199 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #480 on: August 26, 2015, 03:22:12 PM »

So, what Richard said about recording and working on stuff, you disregard it?
How come?

And don't give me that "it's not coming out" crap. It's not about whether or not it's coming out or when. Sorry.
It's about you stating something as a fact that goes against what a band member said!

Edited to add: If that's the case, you think know better than people in the band!?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:24:06 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #481 on: August 26, 2015, 04:35:26 PM »

How come?

And don't give me that "it's not coming out" crap. It's not about whether or not it's coming out or when. Sorry.
It's about you stating something as a fact that goes against what a band member said!

Edited to add: If that's the case, you think know better than people in the band!?

/jarmo

Dear Jarmo ,

I believe in the words of Richard about recording a new album and that next year will be the year for the Guns , however the Ashbba himself said about it in the recent past , and many people believed in him , the only member who was always pessimistic was the Ron himself said he did not expect anything to be released , so it's hard to believe any news that comes from the band members, the only member I believe something about a release of a new album would be Axl Rose.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #482 on: August 26, 2015, 05:52:11 PM »

God, some people (jarmo) really need to get a life instead of constantly trying to discuss unimportant shit. Its sad really

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #483 on: August 26, 2015, 05:55:18 PM »

How come?

If you want to try and shape the conversation to get the outcome you want, then why not just do both parts and save me the typing?

Save both of us the typing and have it in your head.  I have a feeling I'm already there anyway, at least in spirit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #484 on: August 26, 2015, 06:10:07 PM »

Since when do we put so much importance and trust in what a band member says?

There is countless examples of band members saying things and then nothing happening.  Roll Eyes

But ill stay out of this one...  yes

I don't want that baton.  Wink
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #485 on: August 26, 2015, 06:18:53 PM »

Since when do we put so much importance and trust in what a band member says?

There is countless examples of band members saying things and then nothing happening.  Roll Eyes

But ill stay out of this one...  yes

I don't want that batonWink

Hahaha

Spending multiple posts talking about whether I called a Richard a liar (completely unimportant), I guess, beats having to talk about the chances we ever hear certain material or not.

Material, we all care about.  DX vs. Richard...who cares?  I'm not that fascinating.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #486 on: August 26, 2015, 06:25:44 PM »

God, some people (jarmo) really need to get a life instead of constantly trying to discuss unimportant shit. Its sad really

This coming from you, I take it as a compliment. Smiley

It's sad to have the patience to deal with people who can't take in simple facts, and make statements about the opposite being a fact? Maybe it is!.
Wouldn't you say it's way more sad that people can't read something, and then admit they were wrong? Then none of this would need to happen. Smiley

Hahaha

Spending multiple posts talking about whether I called a Richard a liar (completely unimportant), I guess, beats having to talk about the chances we ever hear certain material or not.

Material, we all care about.  DX vs. Richard...who cares?  I'm not that fascinating.

It's not the wrestling fan versus a band member. It's about you telling everybody how you'd be the first to admit you're wrong, then when you get facts shown to you, you act like nothing and do your usual ignorance dance. Guess what? The fact that I'm spending time explaining this to you says something about me.

And you can call me sad, you can call it stupid. Whatever.
Don't care.

I'm not the one making claims to be something and then acting the opposite! Smiley

But keep pretending. It's all you can do to keep the illusion of having a clue up. Unfortunately for you, you can't fool everybody..... Boo-hoo.

This whole thing about being wrong once in a while must really bruise that ego.... Since it's so hard to do what you claim you can do.
"I think I can, I think I can".

/jarmo

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:31:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #487 on: August 26, 2015, 06:33:59 PM »

The fact that I'm spending time explaining this to you says something about me.

And eventually, against all odds...common ground is found.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #488 on: August 26, 2015, 06:35:34 PM »

I was already called sad, unfortunately for you, I don't see it that way. Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #489 on: August 26, 2015, 06:38:59 PM »

I was already called sad, unfortunately for you, I don't see it that way. Smiley

So you are saying we have a difference of opinion on this one?  See it different ways, you mean?

How about that.

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #490 on: August 26, 2015, 06:44:22 PM »

You know coming to this message board which I love by the way and the back and forth some of you have I can't help but reference the line from the movie Airplane "they bought the tickets they knew what they were getting into I say let em crash" Point/Counterpoint such is the life of a Guns N Roses fan. In the end no matter how much you argue or debate with one another we are all going to go down with the plane regardless lol
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #491 on: August 26, 2015, 06:46:19 PM »

You still managed to weasel your way out of a simple acknowledgement that you were wrong....
How about that? Who knew!

Like I said, it really must sting to have to do that.  hihi

Maybe next time you get upset about somebody making claims about you, you can think back to the times you made claims that weren't true and refused to change..... Only fair right? Smiley

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #492 on: August 26, 2015, 06:49:29 PM »

No, what I wanted to hear is you admitting that your statement that I object to is wrong.

We have a difference of opinion.  Its about the best you are going to do, so I'd hop on it, because this is long past ridiculous.

I'm not going to be your new mortis.  I already had the gig, but my jersey is in the rafters.  I passed him that baton and called no givebacks.

You give yourself way to much credit at times

There is no way your jersey is in the rafters

In fact it's one of the lowest selling jerseys.  Hahaha
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #493 on: August 26, 2015, 06:49:49 PM »

You know coming to this message board which I love by the way and the back and forth some of you have I can't help but reference the line from the movie Airplane "they bought the tickets they knew what they were getting into I say let em crash" Point/Counterpoint such is the life of a Guns N Roses fan. In the end no matter how much you argue or debate with one another we are all going to go down with the plane regardless lol

Hahahaha

So much subtle brilliance in that one.

Like when they hand the one native guy the tom toms to beat out the news...then a different set for the Special Report.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #494 on: August 26, 2015, 06:51:42 PM »

This coming from you, I take it as a compliment. Smiley

It's sad to have the patience to deal with people who can't take in simple facts, and make statements about the opposite being a fact? Maybe it is!.
Wouldn't you say it's way more sad that people can't read something, and then admit they were wrong? Then none of this would need to happen. Smiley

No, because having a non-stop argument with some imaginary person on the internet about something so stupid, is just ridiculous and pathetic.
It doesnt get any sadder than that.
But i didnt want to interrupt your important mission here, go on. Thats your life Cheesy

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #495 on: August 26, 2015, 06:52:44 PM »

Airplane is a classic DX one of my favs. I think you and jarmo need to have your own debate show or podcast would be an instant classic back n forth. By the way jarmo I do have the utmost respect for you and how you run this site I feel everyone makes valid points in regards to the topic at hand. You have the pro current gnr side that believes in a wait and see approach and let the cards fall where they may while you have your very skeptical fans who are on the fence due to lack of production.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:56:28 PM by GNR4LIFEJD » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #496 on: August 26, 2015, 06:54:36 PM »

Let's pretend you never made claims that went against what an actual band member said last year... Let's pretend you're never wrong, even after the band's management pointed it out for you....

What's our vector, Victor?

No, because having a non-stop argument with some imaginary person on the internet about something so stupid, is just ridiculous and pathetic.
It doesnt get any sadder than that.
But i didnt want to interrupt your important mission here, go on. Thats your life Cheesy

Stupid to you, might be less stupid to others.
Like I said, I don't like people posting bullshit lies on our site. Simple as that.

Some might think it's sad to spend more than 18 years running a fan site....

And if you're still fooled into thinking the discussion is about when or if those songs will be released.... Do you want to buy a bridge?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:56:41 PM by jarmo » Logged

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #497 on: August 26, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »

It doesnt matter what the discussion is about, wether someone thinks some other person is lying or not. It's just pathetic.

But hey, my blessing to you Cheesy

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #498 on: August 26, 2015, 06:58:13 PM »

OK Can you picture leslie neilsen walking in on Axl at the studio and saying "I just want to let you know we are all counting on you"  hihi
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #499 on: August 26, 2015, 07:58:52 PM »

Im not a VR expert, but I am pretty sure after ''contraband'', Slash made sure not letting Weiland have the reins of the band creative-wise so much. And we all agree ''Libertad'' was a huge regression...

And therein lies the problem.

Slash seems to function better, creatively, when "challenged" by another strong creative presence (or, more than one).

But...where possible, he does everything he can to eliminate those challenges, historically.

I'm spitballing here, a lot, but it seems to me Slash doesn't like the conflict that creative process creates, even though it seems to bring out his best, creatively.

But that's just MHO. 

Very interesting point of view. I do agree with you, after thinking it a bit.

Intersting.
I thought it was fairly obvious that the opposite was true.

Slash stepped out of the spotlight on the sophomore album.
Libertad is when Weiland took the reigns. It has his fingerprints all over it.

It's not only NOT obvious: i think you can notice the Weiland influence all over Contraband without the need of a trained ear. If you see Weiland or STPish things in Libertad, I dont know how to continue this conversation. Good to see im not the only one thinking this in this thread...

And I think Contraband is way way better than Libertad just because of that: for being more influenced by Weiland than by Slash. The thing with Libertad is it doesn't sound like STP, it doesn't sound like GNR, it doesn't sound like anything good: just a bunch of mediocre/forgettable/flat/predictable rock and roll songs. At some point, I think that's the habitat Slash enjoys more being at.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: