Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 232238 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #460 on: August 26, 2015, 12:21:58 PM »

Ok you have Contraband, Its Five O?Clock Somewhere, Chinese Democracy, Apocalyptic Love, World On Fire. Which one is the best?

In my opinion Fall To Pieces, Anastasia, Crucify The Dead, Gotten and Starlight are better than anything on CD, Its Five  O?Clock Somewhere or World On Fire. But at the same time those are isolated songs.

I find the Slash albums boring for the most part or just not really appealing to me. I feel the same way about Chinese Democracy. Contraband is the lesser evil but still I don?t see it as great album

I give CD the nod, slightly, over Contraband.  I would take IRS over pretty much everything you listed (and, for me, it's roughly equivalent to Slither, which is my favorite track on Contraband), and it's not even the best song on CD.  But now we're quibbling over musical preferences, really.

But the preference for CD over Contraband is not by a whole lot.

But it is about musical preferences. I don?t like Slither and Set Me Free at all. I also take IRS over those VR songs. But I stick with the songs I listed over IRS.
Hey! There are people who love Bad Apples and Don?t Cry (Alt. Lyrics)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #461 on: August 26, 2015, 12:24:19 PM »

'Bad Apples'....so shit on.

Bums me out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #462 on: August 26, 2015, 12:36:07 PM »

Bad Apples is fucking classic!
It?s a fun, down and dirty rock n? roll song. Great riff/groove, lyrics and vocals.
Which I never really thought about, but Slash, Izzy and Duff apparently took that with them, because nothing on Chinese sounds like a good time or rock n? roll to my ears.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #463 on: August 26, 2015, 12:39:18 PM »

Good points.

Lennon and McCartney fucking hated each other for years after their break-up.  They got things back to civil discourse, but never did any work together again.

True.

But...with Lennon's untimely demise...we just don't know what would have ultimately happened.  It's one of the great musical tragedies.  Someone mentioned that a GnR reunion would be the biggest thing to hit rock.  A Beatles reunion would have been the biggest thing in rock, in music, and in live events EVER.  They would have practially had to build new stadiums to get all the people that wanted to buy tickets to those shows, into them.

True that it would be as big as big gets, but give me Guns classic Guns 8 days a week.
They'd blow the Beatles off the stage.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #464 on: August 26, 2015, 12:41:35 PM »

I Prefer DEAD HORSE what MR. BROWNSTONE

Only Example

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #465 on: August 26, 2015, 01:07:12 PM »

Bad Apples is fucking classic!
It?s a fun, down and dirty rock n? roll song. Great riff/groove, lyrics and vocals.
Which I never really thought about, but Slash, Izzy and Duff apparently took that with them, because nothing on Chinese sounds like a good time or rock n? roll to my ears.

Clever lyrics, and I think, a GREAT solo by Slash.

But it is a perennial bottom dweller in "worst GNR song" lists.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #466 on: August 26, 2015, 01:20:10 PM »

But it is about musical preferences. I don?t like Slither and Set Me Free at all. I also take IRS over those VR songs. But I stick with the songs I listed over IRS.
Hey! There are people who love Bad Apples and Don?t Cry (Alt. Lyrics)

Fuck, I love Bad Apples.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #467 on: August 26, 2015, 01:28:20 PM »

Richard clearly stated nobody worked with Ron. So, no, I'm not calling either one anything. You on the other hand..... Dance, dance, dance...

I've spelled it out at least 3 times in this thread.  And in countless other threads over the months, which is why you are so hot and bothered.

If there ever is a next album (and who the hell knows), I expect stuff in the Rose/Buckethead/Finck/Stinson/Huge vein.  I expect little to nothing that reads Rose/Ashba/Thal.

I do not feel the latest incarnation of the band contributed much of anything creatively of note that we will ever hear.

Is this some crazy conspiracy theory?  You act like I'm telling you that 9/11 was an inside job or Obama was born in Kenya.

This is worth going to the mattresses over?  Not really.

We know DJ submitted 10 demos several years back, so it's possible Richard tinkered on them "recently" as well.  But if the question is whether or not we'll actually hear said music, then I would probably wager against that.

I'm also of the mindset that IF (and every month that goes by with no news that 'if' gets bigger) we get the next album, the bulk of the credits will be Rose/Tobias/Stinson/Bucket/Robin/Brain.  I think 'shocked' would be a good word to use if I see anything written by DJ, Ron or even Fortus on the album.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:30:46 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #468 on: August 26, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »

Which is all I'm saying.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #469 on: August 26, 2015, 01:42:31 PM »

I've spelled it out at least 3 times in this thread.  And in countless other threads over the months, which is why you are so hot and bothered.

Yeah, you're trying to deflect the attention again.

You: Statement #1. Statement #2.
Me: Here's why Statement #1 is wrong!
You: But let's talk about Statement #2.

Nice tactic, it doesn't work! I'm not interested in your dance act. Dance around what you said day in and day out because you can't admit being wrong.

Let me just remind everybody the bullshit you post as a fact:

Not one person that has been in this band supports any narrative that anything has new has been done since 2006. 

Your words.
When asked if you're calling Richard a liar, you tell me not more than I'm calling Ron one.

You can't even answer a simple question without trying to get out of it.

I did not say one fucking word about whether or not any of it will get released. Not one word. You're just trying to change the subject. As usual.

All this so you don't have to admit you were wrong?
Wow!  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #470 on: August 26, 2015, 01:47:27 PM »

I think all members, including Axl, have been fairly active in their respective "home studios". 

Whether there's any REAL intent/desire/plans to put out whatever else is 'in the can' at this point I think is the real debate. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #471 on: August 26, 2015, 01:55:59 PM »

When asked if you're calling Richard a liar, you tell me not more than I'm calling Ron one.

If my saying I think aliens will land on the White House lawn before I am ever listening to a composition written and recorded in the past few years with the most recent incarnation providing the bulk of the creative input means that I am calling Richard a liar, then....guess what.  I am calling him a liar.

Do I think that's productive?  Nope.  Do I think it matters to the point being made?  I do not.

But its clearly what you want to hear, so there you go. 

In fact, let's go all out.  Why not?

Richard's pants are on fire, maybe even literally.  I know this for a fact because I know everything about everything..  Please take this to the bank because I have never been as sure about anything in the history of this planet or in the entire known universe.

We good?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #472 on: August 26, 2015, 01:57:35 PM »

I think all members, including Axl, have been fairly active in their respective "home studios". 

Whether there's any REAL intent/desire/plans to put out whatever else is 'in the can' at this point I think is the real debate. 

As you said, the passage of time doesn't bode well for those concepts in action.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #473 on: August 26, 2015, 02:08:26 PM »

I'm sure this has already shown up here, but when I scan through the posts, I'm just seeing personal back-and-forths...sorry if it's repeated:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-first-of-many-guns-n-roses-reunion-rumors/
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #474 on: August 26, 2015, 02:13:40 PM »

i havent read anything that Axl have said about it,i would love a reunion or at least to see a picture of them in good terms.But as we all know until we have heard Axl yet.......

Btw,that "working on something to happen" was the aprouch from Axl camp to Slash camp?

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:15:53 PM by kukol1978 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #475 on: August 26, 2015, 02:16:39 PM »

i havent read anything that Axl have said about it,i would love a reunion or at least to see a picture of them in good terms.But as we all know until we have heard Axl yet.......

True.

Its been speculated that the fact TB hasn't shut it down is indirect confirmation, but I don't really buy that.  They stay silent on all sorts of stuff.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #476 on: August 26, 2015, 02:17:16 PM »

I'm sure this has already shown up here, but when I scan through the posts, I'm just seeing personal back-and-forths...sorry if it's repeated:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-first-of-many-guns-n-roses-reunion-rumors/

Yup, addressed, a couple times.  The promoter, a week ago, was asked about GnR reunion at Soundwave and said no.  You can check my post history for the specifics...I posted it this morning.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #477 on: August 26, 2015, 02:20:31 PM »

True.

Its been speculated that the fact TB hasn't shut it down is indirect confirmation, but I don't really buy that.  They stay silent on all sorts of stuff.

Yeah.  Initially I thought it was interesting that neither camps either put into context or flat out denied what Slash said.  However, if we're going to talk about all things TB *doesn't* keep the GNR fanbase updated on...well....that's going to be a pretty long laundry list.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #478 on: August 26, 2015, 02:46:58 PM »

If my saying I think aliens will land on the White House lawn before I am ever listening to a composition written and recorded in the past few years with the most recent incarnation providing the bulk of the creative input means that I am calling Richard a liar, then....guess what.  I am calling him a liar.

Do I think that's productive?  Nope.  Do I think it matters to the point being made?  I do not.

But its clearly what you want to hear, so there you go. 

In fact, let's go all out.  Why not?

Richard's pants are on fire, maybe even literally.  I know this for a fact because I know everything about everything..  Please take this to the bank because I have never been as sure about anything in the history of this planet or in the entire known universe.

We good?

No, what I wanted to hear is you admitting that your statement that I object to is wrong. I'm sure you still don't know what exactly I thought was wrong, but I'm not gonna repeat it again.
All this nonsense you just posted when all you had to do is leave out one sentence in your post (if you actually had realized it was wrong to begin with) or just admit that you were out of line.

Instead.... Aliens, pants on fire. So funny.

I'm seriously starting to wonder if talking to objects is more giving than trying to talk to some people.  nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #479 on: August 26, 2015, 03:03:51 PM »

No, what I wanted to hear is you admitting that your statement that I object to is wrong.

We have a difference of opinion.  Its about the best you are going to do, so I'd hop on it, because this is long past ridiculous.

I'm not going to be your new mortis.  I already had the gig, but my jersey is in the rafters.  I passed him that baton and called no givebacks.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: