Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:26:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 232253 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #360 on: August 25, 2015, 08:30:38 PM »

The old "real band" argument. That's always fun. I'm sure it'll end peacefully and we'll finally come to a conclusion we can all agree on.  rofl

Yes I always love these debates on who's opinion is right and who's is wrong.    It's like when I was in grade 4 arguing with school mates what was better Nintendo or Sega hahaha.  

I am right because it's my opinion!!    It's all about me!!!!!!    

Ugh

except im not saying that.

I am merely suggesting that people have a right to an opinion on it. No-where have i shouted down anyone who prefers to refer to any line up as the real band.. if people have that opinion.. thats cool. Good for them.

Emily has decided that people dont get a right to an opinion on it.

Its ridiculous.

Only thing ridiculous here is you, opinions are great- but-

You don't get to determine what GNR is and isn't. That is a legality.

No-one is trying to Determine anything except you. DeGen has an opinion on what the real band is.. hes entitled to it. As are you. It's called an opinion sunshine.

As for your "legality" comment... now you are just being facetious... Yes we all know that Guns and Roses the name is a legal entity... and whoever Axl decides is in his band comes under the name. Thanks for that.  Roll Eyes

note: cannot believe you are moving down this path with this argument.. but whatever.    
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #361 on: August 25, 2015, 08:34:14 PM »

How am i attempting to save face?

Don't outsmart yourself princess.

My argument has no wavered... You've tried using religious analogy's.. Philosophy analogy's (which was amusing considering you are acting like the Dictator you mentioned)  Wink

Then you went on to swearing like a wharfie and getting all hot in the knickers over it.

Meanwhile.. Ive kept the same argument. People can have an opinion. It's a forum... for you know.. opinions. Typing in capitals and screaming "FACT" at other users doesnt make it a fact. It just comes accross as childish. As i have repeated several times.. people are entitled to an opinion on the band.. what they see as the real band.. you dont get to take that away from them, Sure, you can make an argument against it, and that's fine.. but you don't make the rules on all things GNR and dictate to people of what they can think about any incarnation of the band. It doesn't work that way.  Smiley

Rather simple really.  

No Queenie I used an example to show you why majority isnt always right, I'm sorry that sailed over your little pointed head.

The only one childish here is you thinking your opinion alters a legal matter- that is incredibly childish and naive.

Let me repeat this,
You can choose to like or dislike the band, you can choose to support them or not- but you do not get to determine what GNR is and isn't. Legally GNR determines what GNR is and your little opinion doesn't alter that a bit.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #362 on: August 25, 2015, 08:36:09 PM »

''''' When the imbroglio with the Swedish disbanded, Slash said he responded, the editor did not want to waste time doing an addendum or including the explanation off, and just pasted a passage with each other.

- The interviewer in question knows the history of the band and the volatility of the subject [unlikely, since it was he an admirer of the group, already know you do not do such a question to Slash] and led the conversation so that he could perform, intentionally, one biased editing, creating worldwide repercussions. Again: unlikely.

It then suggests that it was not this time hell froze over, and the trumpet of the Apocalypse heard by some was just the whistle of the nearest sugar mill - and we still must endure the voice of MYLES KENNEDY for a long time. Or other DJ Ashba.

Slash is expected to manifest itself about what happened very soon. Any readers know any Levinsson relative in Goi?s, so perhaps elucidate this story? '''''

hihi rofl hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #363 on: August 25, 2015, 08:37:56 PM »

My argument has no wavered... You've tried using religious analogy's.. Philosophy analogy's (which was amusing considering you are acting like the Dictator you mentioned)  Wink

Then you went on to swearing like a wharfie and getting all hot in the knickers over it.

Meanwhile.. Ive kept the same argument. People can have an opinion. It's a forum... for you know.. opinions. Typing in capitals and screaming "FACT" at other users doesnt make it a fact. It just comes accross as childish. As i have repeated several times.. people are entitled to an opinion on the band.. what they see as the real band.. you dont get to take that away from them, Sure, you can make an argument against it, and that's fine.. but you don't make the rules on all things GNR and dictate to people of what they can think about any incarnation of the band. It doesn't work that way.  Smiley

Rather simple really.  

No Queenie I used an example to show you why majority isnt always right, I'm sorry that sailed over your little pointed head.

The only one childish here is you thinking your opinion alters a legal matter- that is incredibly childish and naive.

Let me repeat this,
You can choose to like or dislike the band, you can choose to support them or not- but you do not get to determine what GNR is and isn't. Legally GNR determines what GNR is and your little opinion doesn't alter that a bit.

Moving the goal-posts much?  rofl

Who's trying to alter the legal entity of the band? Do you honestly think dGen had that intention with his opinion on what the real band line up is?

C'mon Emily... lets get real about this argument..  Cheesy
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2015, 08:39:17 PM »

The old "real band" argument. That's always fun. I'm sure it'll end peacefully and we'll finally come to a conclusion we can all agree on.  rofl

Yes I always love these debates on who's opinion is right and who's is wrong.    It's like when I was in grade 4 arguing with school mates what was better Nintendo or Sega hahaha.  

Ugh

I am merely suggesting that people have a right to an opinion on it. No-where have i shouted down anyone who prefers to refer to any line up as the real band.. if people have that opinion.. thats cool. Good for them.

Its ridiculous.

No-one is trying to Determine anything except you. DeGen has an opinion on what the real band is.. hes entitled to it. As are you. It's called an opinion sunshine.

As for your "legality" comment... now you are just being facetious... Yes we all know that Guns and Roses the name is a legal entity... and whoever Axl decides is in his band comes under the name. Thanks for that.  Roll Eyes

note: cannot believe you are moving down this path with this argument.. but whatever.    

No, I'm stating fact-

You do not get to determine what GNR is, GNR determines that.

It isn't that complicated sweetness, you only get to determine whether you like it or not.

Mmkay?   Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #365 on: August 25, 2015, 08:42:56 PM »

Rather simple really.  

Let me repeat this,

Moving the goal-posts much?  rofl

Who's trying to alter the legal entity of the band? Do you honestly think dGen had that intention with his opinion on what the real band line up is?

C'mon Emily... lets get real about this argument..  Cheesy

Try and keep up, I'm sorry you are upset.

You can choose to like or dislike the band but you do not get to determine what GNR is, that is decided and determined by GNR not some "fan".

All clear on that now? ok

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #366 on: August 25, 2015, 08:43:14 PM »

Ugh

Its ridiculous.

No, I'm stating fact-

It isn't that complicated sweetness, you only get to determine whether you like it or not.

Mmkay?   Kiss

I think you should know that nobody on this fan forum is trying to change the legal entity Emily. I'd really just like to clear that up.. it seems you are very confused about an opinion vs whatever it is in your mind.

Thanks for the chat,... its been fun as always Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #367 on: August 25, 2015, 08:47:44 PM »

Ugh

Its ridiculous.

No, I'm stating fact-

Mmkay?   Kiss

I think you should know that nobody on this fan forum is trying to change the legal entity Emily. I'd really just like to clear that up.. it seems you are very confused about an opinion vs whatever it is in your mind.

Thanks for the chat,... its been fun as always Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

No, you seemed to be the one in some confusion, delusion or mental fog- sorry you have those issues.

Always glad to help, hope you feel better!  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #368 on: August 25, 2015, 08:51:48 PM »

Ugh

Its ridiculous.

It is boring , ironic , ridiculous , respect people's opinions
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #369 on: August 25, 2015, 08:59:35 PM »

Ugh

Its ridiculous.

Opinions and facts are very different things- thinking your opinion can change facts is delusional. Liking or not liking a band does not make it any more or less 'real'.

opinion
əˈpɪnjən/Submit
noun
a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:09:21 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #370 on: August 25, 2015, 09:17:48 PM »

Ugh

Its ridiculous.

Opinions and facts are very different things- thinking your opinion can change facts is delusional. Liking or not liking a band does not make it any more or less 'real'.

opinion
əˈpɪnjən/Submit
noun
a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

When people say "nuGNR isn't the real GNR" they are not challenging the legality of nuGNR/Axl to use the name GNR. Literally 0% of the people saying that are doing that (OK, Slash and Duff did in the past but I doubt they are posting on GNR fan boards).
They are merely expressing their opinion that nuGNR does not properly represent the band that has brought them enjoyment in the past.
Therefore they have a right to express their opinion and a right to define what GNR means to them personally.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #371 on: August 25, 2015, 09:27:28 PM »

Ugh

Its ridiculous.

opinion
əˈpɪnjən/Submit
noun

When people say "nuGNR isn't the real GNR" they are not challenging the legality of nuGNR/Axl to use the name GNR. Literally 0% of the people saying that are doing that (OK, Slash and Duff did in the past but I doubt they are posting on GNR fan boards).
They are merely expressing their opinion that nuGNR does not properly represent the band that has brought them enjoyment in the past.
Therefore they have a right to express their opinion and a right to define what GNR means to them personally.

You are now interpreting what people mean by it? While we are at it, there is no such thing as "nugnr" all my tickets, tshirts and albums clearly say Guns N' Roses.

Sorry, but they are clearly in error if they are stating that it isn't  "real" GNR. Opinions don't change that fact.

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #372 on: August 25, 2015, 09:41:37 PM »

Ugh

Its ridiculous.

opinion
əˈpɪnjən/Submit
noun

You are now interpreting what people mean by it? While we are at it, there is no such thing as "nugnr" all my tickets, tshirts and albums clearly say Guns N' Roses.

Sorry, but they are clearly in error if they are stating that it isn't  "real" GNR. Opinions don't change that fact.

Emily Emily Emily...

It's quite clear what people mean by it.

But... to clarify... ill throw this out to DGenX to get clalification.

Here goes:

Q) Hey DgenX... when you refer to "the real Band" (i,e the appettite or UYI line up) do you refer to them that way because they wrote the music and as a fan its just your opinion or because you are actually challenging the legal entity of the name Guns n Roses?

This should clear it all up.

cheers.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #373 on: August 25, 2015, 09:48:31 PM »

Ugh

Its ridiculous.

opinion
əˈpɪnjən/Submit
noun

Emily Emily Emily...

Here goes:

Q) Hey DgenX... when you refer to "the real Band" (i,e the appettite or UYI line up) do you refer to them that way because they wrote the music and as a fan its just your opinion or because you are actually challenging the legal entity of the name Guns n Roses?

cheers.

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar

There is no big mystery here that requires clearing up dear-

People can say they don't like it, they can refuse to buy albums, merchandise or tickets for shows BUT-

They absolutely are 100% in error if they are claiming that it's not the "real" band.

Cheers

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #374 on: August 25, 2015, 09:54:03 PM »

Ugh

Its ridiculous.

opinion
əˈpɪnjən/Submit
noun

Emily Emily Emily...

Here goes:

cheers.

Why on earth we you quoting that poster?

And better yet.  Trying to defend his opinion.  And use it to strengthen yours?   
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #375 on: August 25, 2015, 10:01:16 PM »

Aren't you the first to admit you were wrong?
Oh wait, that's what you say...... Do, don't say!  Smiley

If a Rose/Ashba/Thal track comes out, I will absolutely say I was wrong.

How could I not?  I've been saying for years that there is a better chance of Bigfoot.

If such a composition came out, I would be positively, unequivocally, 100% in the wrong.  That's a zero sum game.

Of course, I'm not too worried about it.  But I will pay that bill if the time comes.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #376 on: August 25, 2015, 10:02:26 PM »

While it is semantics, and I don't want to get in the middle of this...

Yes, Axl legally owns the name Guns N' Roses, and I haven't seen anyone dispute that (OscarAxl22 included)... where public perception and interpretation come into play is that a name doesn't make a band in some peoples minds, if people choose not to support a specific version of that entity because it doesn't contain the members that they consider to be the 'real band' then they have that right (right or wrong).

Some people (right or wrong) think Lynyrd Skynyrd ended when the plane crashed, yet the name was covered by a contract stating that at least three original members needed to be around to use the name. Ronnie VanZant's widow has since edited this as there is currently only one original member left in the band, but purists view it as a tribute band. Some people look at Axl and GnR the same way. I remember being in the crowd at the Fleet Center in Boston in 2002 and listening to people all round me groaning and asking questions about where Slash was etc...

Is it right? Legally no... but this like the problem with Slash making this 'news' public is up for judgement by the court of public opinion like it or not.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #377 on: August 25, 2015, 10:06:15 PM »

Ugh

Its ridiculous.

opinion
əˈpɪnjən/Submit
noun

Emily Emily Emily...

Here goes:

cheers.

Why on earth we you quoting that poster?

And better yet.  Trying to defend his opinion.  And use it to strengthen yours?   

You might need to go back and see how this started.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #378 on: August 25, 2015, 10:06:23 PM »

If i told you that a new lineup was a "crock"... you would get your panties in a knot over it. But you seem perfectly fine with shouting down Dgen for using terms like the "real band"... which a majority of fans consider to be the appetite line up or the UYI line up.

The point being made is.. everyone is entitled to an opinion.. yes.. even you Emily. Telling people their opinion is a crock.. is what gets you offside with people.

I totally get what you are saying.  And agree 100%

But...gotta sort of respect site's mission statement, you know?  I don't think what you are saying is wrong, but its not a conversation that gets a lot of traction around here.

And really, shouldn't.  No one is coming here to talk about "fake GNR" in derogatory terms.  We know where those conversations are had.

Some of the stances around here...yeah, patently ridiculous.  But you have to kind of color within the lines, just the same.  Have to play some ball, which I think is fair.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #379 on: August 25, 2015, 10:10:25 PM »

While it is semantics, and I don't want to get in the middle of this...

Yes, Axl legally owns the name Guns N' Roses, and I haven't seen anyone dispute that (OscarAxl22 included)... where public perception and interpretation come into play is that a name doesn't make a band in some peoples minds, if people choose not to support a specific version of that entity because it doesn't contain the members that they consider to be the 'real band' then they have that right (right or wrong).

Some people (right or wrong) think Lynyrd Skynyrd ended when the plane crashed, yet the name was covered by a contract stating that at least three original members needed to be around to use the name. Ronnie VanZant's widow has since edited this as there is currently only one original member left in the band, but purists view it as a tribute band. Some people look at Axl and GnR the same way. I remember being in the crowd at the Fleet Center in Boston in 2002 and listening to people all round me groaning and asking questions about where Slash was etc...

Is it right? Legally no... but this like the problem with Slash making this 'news' public is up for judgement by the court of public opinion like it or not.

Nobody is disputing people's rights to like, dislike, support or conversely not support the band- they absolutely do not get to determine what GNR is.

Their dislike doesn't make the current lineup from any year any less 'real'

That is delusional thinking, not opinion.

For instance-I didn't like the new football franchises when they came out, I would tell some friends that had started following  them that they weren't "real" teams- of course they were real, I was ridiculously wrong and disrespecting their teams.

Our likes and dislikes do not determine what is real, opinions don't alter facts.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:18:48 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: