Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:28:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 232321 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2015, 07:24:59 PM »

I still consider this a lot of wishful thinking on all our parts.

But its patently obvious Axl did not have near the same fire to work with the DJ/Ron incarnation than he did the Bucket/Robin version of the band.

So maybe its like so many people have been saying.  If you aren't going to release anything new, and just continue to go out on stage and play 'You Could Be Mine' and 'Nightrain'...why not get the real band?

Which It Is Not Real Band ?

The real band is the one that everyone knows and considers Guns N' Roses.  Some incarnation of the personnel from 1987-1993.

If Axl was truly going to move forward, OK, go with a new band.  But if you haven't written or recorded anything new in 10 freakin' years, and your stage show is more and more older stuff, doesn't it make more sense to get the actual band that did all that stuff?

I'm obviously not opposed to a different line-up, or I would not still be here.  But I think its a fair question to ask him what his plan is at this point.

That "real band" jargon is a crock, people are free to like or conversely not like the band but they absolutely do not get to determine what is and what is not GNR. I saw real GNR several times last year.

How do you know that nothing has been written or recorded in  "10 freakin' years" ?

You would be in the absolute minority... telling the majority that they have no right to determine that the original band (or even the UYI line up) is the real GNR. It would be a huge percentage of fans you'd be arguing with.

jussayin

A majority doesn't mean they are right, for instance- jesus had 12 followers and Hitler had millions.  Kiss

Jussayin

Strange Analogy... but ok... 

Perhaps ill put it to you this way then.

If i told you that a new lineup was a "crock"... you would get your panties in a knot over it. But you seem perfectly fine with shouting down Dgen for using terms like the "real band"... which a majority of fans consider to be the appetite line up or the UYI line up.

The point being made is.. everyone is entitled to an opinion.. yes.. even you Emily. Telling people their opinion is a crock.. is what gets you offside with people.

Quick question.. who do u follow... jesus or Hitler? Your attitude of dictating to people suggests you follow one of them.  Wink

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #341 on: August 25, 2015, 07:31:25 PM »

But its patently obvious Axl did not have near the same fire to work with the DJ/Ron incarnation than he did the Bucket/Robin version of the band.

So maybe its like so many people have been saying.  If you aren't going to release anything new, and just continue to go out on stage and play 'You Could Be Mine' and 'Nightrain'...why not get the real band?

The real band is the one that everyone knows and considers Guns N' Roses.  Some incarnation of the personnel from 1987-1993.

If Axl was truly going to move forward, OK, go with a new band.  But if you haven't written or recorded anything new in 10 freakin' years, and your stage show is more and more older stuff, doesn't it make more sense to get the actual band that did all that stuff?

I'm obviously not opposed to a different line-up, or I would not still be here.  But I think its a fair question to ask him what his plan is at this point.

That "real band" jargon is a crock, people are free to like or conversely not like the band but they absolutely do not get to determine what is and what is not GNR. I saw real GNR several times last year.

How do you know that nothing has been written or recorded in  "10 freakin' years" ?

You would be in the absolute minority... telling the majority that they have no right to determine that the original band (or even the UYI line up) is the real GNR. It would be a huge percentage of fans you'd be arguing with.

jussayin

A majority doesn't mean they are right, for instance- jesus had 12 followers and Hitler had millions.  Kiss

Jussayin

If i told you that a new lineup was a "crock"... you would get your panties in a knot over it. But you seem perfectly fine with shouting down Dgen for using terms like the "real band"... which a majority of fans consider to be the appetite line up or the UYI line up.

The point being made is.. everyone is entitled to an opinion.. yes.. even you Emily. Telling people their opinion is a crock.. is what gets you offside with people.

Quick question.. who do u follow... jesus or Hitler? Your attitude of telling people suggests you follow one of them.  Wink

Fact- people can choose to like or dislike the band but they don't get to determine what is and what is not GNR.

I'm not interested in having a discussion about religion nor philosophy with you, it was merely an example of how majority doesn't necessarily mean something is right.

I'm not here for a popularity contest, so I don't honestly care about your opinion about people and interactions.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:36:46 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2015, 07:38:52 PM »

jussayin

Jussayin

Quick question.. who do u follow... jesus or Hitler? Your attitude of telling people suggests you follow one of them.  Wink

Fact- people can choose to like or dislike the band but they don't get to determine what is and what is not GNR.

I'm not interested in having a discussion about religion nor philosophy with you, it was merely an example of how majority doesn't necessarily mean something is right.

I'm not here for a popularity contest, so I don't honestly care about your opinion about people and interactions.

Fact - You don't get to decide whether people can consider the appetite or UYI line ups as the real band or not sweetheart.

People are allowed to view the original line up as the real band if they so wish. In fact... its their right.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #343 on: August 25, 2015, 07:40:56 PM »

jussayin

Jussayin

Fact - You don't get to decide whether people can consider the appetite or UYI line ups as the real band or not sweetheart.

People are allowed to view the original line up as the real band if they so wish. In fact... its their right.

How is it anyone's right to say what is or isn't GNR? GNR is a band that is owned by Axl, only he decides what is or isn't GNR. Not you me or anyone else.  ok
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #344 on: August 25, 2015, 07:43:35 PM »

jussayin

Jussayin

How is it anyone's right to say what is or isn't GNR? GNR is a band that is owned by Axl, only he decides what is or isn't GNR. Not you me or anyone else.  ok

That was my point.

Fans are free to like or dislike the band but they don't get to determine what is and what isn't GNR.

"Shut the fuck up."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #345 on: August 25, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »

The old "real band" argument. That's always fun. I'm sure it'll end peacefully and we'll finally come to a conclusion we can all agree on.  rofl

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #346 on: August 25, 2015, 07:45:58 PM »

jussayin

Jussayin

Here... ill explain it to you again.

People are entitled to an opinion. Emily is dictating to another poster what he can think about what the real band is.

People ARE entitled to an opinion... just as Emily is. We arent living in Nazi Germany.

If a particular fan considers the appetite line up the real band, that's their right. And as ive explained... the majority of fans world wide would agree with that opinion... again.. that doesnt make it right.. or wrong.. but its funny that one particular poster continues to get so worked up that someone considers the group of guys who wrote the majority of the material as the real band.

Does that not seem silly to you?  Undecided
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #347 on: August 25, 2015, 07:47:23 PM »

The old "real band" argument. That's always fun. I'm sure it'll end peacefully and we'll finally come to a conclusion we can all agree on.  rofl

Haha! I'm sure it will end up amicably this time  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #348 on: August 25, 2015, 07:49:04 PM »

Haha! I'm sure it will end up amicably this time  hihi

You tend to post with a lot of anger... as i said the other day.. everything i post is with a smile.

Lets just keep it amicable. and talk like adults.  Kiss
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #349 on: August 25, 2015, 07:50:37 PM »

Ya know it kind of feels like deja vu. I remember having this exact same argument here in 2003, 2004, 2005. Some people will never get it, it seems.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #350 on: August 25, 2015, 07:50:52 PM »

jussayin

Jussayin

People are entitled to an opinion. Emily is dictating to another poster what he can think about what the real band is.

People ARE entitled to an opinion... just as Emily is. We arent living in Nazi Germany.

If a particular fan considers the appetite line up the real band, that's their right. And as ive explained... the majority of fans world wide would agree with that opinion... again.. that doesnt make it right.. or wrong.. but its funny that one particular poster continues to get so worked up that someone considers the group of guys who wrote the majority of the material as the real band.

No-

I am not "dictating" what anyone should think einstein, I am stating a fact.

People can like or dislike the band, they can choose to support it or not support it but they absofuckinglutely do not get to determine what GNR is and isnt. That isn't an opinion.

I saw the "real" band in 1991 and I saw the "real" band in 2014.

You can become as ingratiatingly condescending as you want to but it wont change facts one iota.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:54:34 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #351 on: August 25, 2015, 07:56:36 PM »

jussayin

Jussayin

No-

People can like or dislike the band, they can choose to support it or not support it but they absofuckinglutely do not get to determine what GNR is and isnt. That isn't an opinion.

I think we are at a standoff... You are quite the Hitler about this.. and i dont want to inflame you any further.. because now you are using foul language.

I'll just say this... Ok Hitler err....Emily.. If you say so.  Cheesy

note: the smiley face.. it indicates im not ruffled about this conversation... i dont want you to have a seizure or a heart attack.. so put the slippers on and go make urself a cup of tea and calm down.  Cool

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #352 on: August 25, 2015, 08:05:37 PM »

jussayin

Jussayin

No-

I think we are at a standoff... You are quite the Hitler about this.. and i dont want to inflame you any further.. because now you are using foul language.

note: the smiley face.. it indicates im not ruffled about this conversation... i dont want you to have a seizure or a heart attack.. so put the slippers on and go make urself a cup of tea and calm down.  Cool

You are full of is full of ad hominem attacks and specious reasoning.

I'm not upset in the least, I am zen- why dont you calm down and think rationally for a change?

I can argue facts all day long- let me repeat this so you can write it down, and hopefully remember it.

You can choose to like GNR, you can choose to dislike it- but you don't get to determine what GNR is and isnt.

I dont want you to have a heart attack, or a stroke so go meditate on this until you are able to mentally grasp it .   Kiss

Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:09:16 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #353 on: August 25, 2015, 08:10:20 PM »

jussayin

Jussayin

No-

I'm not upset in the least, I am zen- why dont you calm down and think rationally for a change?

I can argue facts all day long- let me repeat this so you can write it down, and hopefully remember it.

You can choose to like GNR, you can choose to dislike it- but you don't get to determine what GNR is and isnt.

I dont want you to have a heart attack, or a stroke so go meditate on this until you are able to mentally grasp it .   Kiss

Oh.. i got your attitude towards the subject the first time sweet cheeks.  Cool

It would seem you are incorrect... there is a world full of fans who choose to decide what the real band is... the fact you choose to stand there with your fingers in your ears stomping your feet doesnt change the fact that people are entitled to an opinion on it. AND... the majority disagree with you.

It's laughable to watch... honestly..  rofl

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #354 on: August 25, 2015, 08:11:42 PM »

Yes I always love these debates on who's opinion is right and who's is wrong.    It's like when I was in grade 4 arguing with school mates what was better Nintendo or Sega hahaha.  

I am right because it's my opinion!!    It's all about me!!!!!!    

Ugh
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #355 on: August 25, 2015, 08:14:46 PM »

Yes I always love these debates on who's opinion is right and who's is wrong.    It's like when I was in grade 4 arguing with school mates what was better Nintendo or Sega hahaha.  

Ugh

except im not saying that.

I am merely suggesting that people have a right to an opinion on it. No-where have i shouted down anyone who prefers to refer to any line up as the real band.. if people have that opinion.. thats cool. Good for them.

Emily has decided that people dont get a right to an opinion on it.

Its ridiculous.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »

jussayin

Jussayin

No-

Oh.. i got your attitude towards the subject the first time sweet cheeks.  Cool

It would seem you are incorrect... there is a world full of fans who choose to decide what the real band is... the fact you choose to stand there with your fingers in your ears stomping your feet doesnt change the fact that people are entitled to an opinion on it. AND... the majority disagree with you.

It's laughable to watch... honestly..  rofl

Well sugar pants, you are honestly continuing to be wrong here.

All your little alliterations to distract from the actual subject and attempt to save face are amusing.

I'm dealing in facts honey bunch, and the fact is you don't get to determine what GNR is and isn't.

I saw "the real" GNR in 1991, and I saw "the real" GNR in 2014, is this too complex for you to comprehend?

Get someone to explain it to you snookums  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #357 on: August 25, 2015, 08:21:31 PM »

Ugh

except im not saying that.

I am merely suggesting that people have a right to an opinion on it. No-where have i shouted down anyone who prefers to refer to any line up as the real band.. if people have that opinion.. thats cool. Good for them.

Emily has decided that people dont get a right to an opinion on it.

Its ridiculous.

Only thing ridiculous here is you, opinions are great- but-

You don't get to determine what GNR is and isn't. That is a legality.

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2015, 08:26:35 PM »

How am i attempting to save face?

Don't outsmart yourself princess.

My argument has not wavered... You've tried using religious analogy's.. Philosophy analogy's (which was amusing considering you are acting like the Dictator you mentioned)  Wink

Then you went on to swearing like a wharfie and getting all hot in the knickers over it.

Meanwhile.. Ive kept the same argument. People can have an opinion. It's a forum... for you know.. opinions. Typing in capitals and screaming "FACT" at other users doesnt make it a fact. It just comes across as childish. As i have repeated several times.. people are entitled to an opinion on the band.. what they see as the real band.. you dont get to take that away from them, Sure, you can make an argument against it, and that's fine.. but you don't make the rules on all things GNR and dictate to people of what they can think about any incarnation of the band. It doesn't work that way.  Smiley

Rather simple really.  

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:31:08 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2015, 08:30:27 PM »

Very happy to see Axl and Slash bury the hatchet. Would be very special to see the original lineup on stage again.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: