Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:40:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 232303 times)
Silex
Headliner

« Reply #320 on: August 25, 2015, 12:55:18 PM »

I dunno about reunion. Could be sweet or then again people would realise how old and fat they are and how long has it been since '93.   Grin

BUT!

Maybe this could mean releasing the stuff from vaults? Old gigs, demos, live cds, dvds, bluray...whatever from classic lineup.   drool
And don't start with the "it hurts the new lineup"-shit because other bands can pull it off too.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #321 on: August 25, 2015, 01:36:05 PM »

Izzy, Duff and Slash not so fast. They are gonna have demands. They won?t let Axl to get away with things. It is not gonna be a deja vu of the UYI Tour.

Public opinion would still firmly place that in Axl's corner... If the Original 5 (or some reasonable facsimile) agree to tour, but it is held up because Axl continues to lead the band like everyone is a hired hand, then his inflexibility would be at 'fault' in the same court of public opinion... his history alone is going to give him less rope PR wise. If it leaks that they were nearly in agreement for a tour and he in part held it up over his perceived stubbornness it hurts him publicly more than the other 4, which then affects his next move towards CD2.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #322 on: August 25, 2015, 01:43:08 PM »

I dunno about reunion. Could be sweet or then again people would realise how old and fat they are and how long has it been since '93.   Grin

BUT!

Maybe this could mean releasing the stuff from vaults? Old gigs, demos, live cds, dvds, bluray...whatever from classic lineup.   drool
And don't start with the "it hurts the new lineup"-shit because other bands can pull it off too.

Good Idea

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #323 on: August 25, 2015, 01:44:08 PM »

BUT!

Exactly this...we could be a step closer to the VAULT...especially that Illusions tour doc... beer drool

Live N' Let Die
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #324 on: August 25, 2015, 03:02:16 PM »

I still consider this a lot of wishful thinking on all our parts.

But its patently obvious Axl did not have near the same fire to work with the DJ/Ron incarnation than he did the Bucket/Robin version of the band.

So maybe its like so many people have been saying.  If you aren't going to release anything new, and just continue to go out on stage and play 'You Could Be Mine' and 'Nightrain'...why not get the real band?

Which It Is Not Real Band ?

The real band is the one that everyone knows and considers Guns N' Roses.  Some incarnation of the personnel from 1987-1993.

If Axl was truly going to move forward, OK, go with a new band.  But if you haven't written or recorded anything new in 10 freakin' years, and your stage show is more and more older stuff, doesn't it make more sense to get the actual band that did all that stuff?

I'm obviously not opposed to a different line-up, or I would not still be here.  But I think its a fair question to ask him what his plan is at this point.

That "real band" jargon is a crock, people are free to like or conversely not like the band but they absolutely do not get to determine what is and what is not GNR. I saw real GNR several times last year.

How do you know that nothing has been written or recorded in  "10 freakin' years" ?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #325 on: August 25, 2015, 03:09:20 PM »

GN'R probably is one of the few bands out there who hasn't released any of those deluxe anniversary editions of their albums that nearly all other bands have.
Or remastered albums...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #326 on: August 25, 2015, 03:22:56 PM »

Would welcome peace of Axl and Slash even if they do not touch together again
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #327 on: August 25, 2015, 03:28:56 PM »

Izzy, Duff and Slash not so fast. They are gonna have demands. They won?t let Axl to get away with things. It is not gonna be a deja vu of the UYI Tour.

Public opinion would still firmly place that in Axl's corner... If the Original 5 (or some reasonable facsimile) agree to tour, but it is held up because Axl continues to lead the band like everyone is a hired hand, then his inflexibility would be at 'fault' in the same court of public opinion... his history alone is going to give him less rope PR wise. If it leaks that they were nearly in agreement for a tour and he in part held it up over his perceived stubbornness it hurts him publicly more than the other 4, which then affects his next move towards CD2.

Yeah, this is most likely the case.

And before anyone starts in with the unfairness of it all...save it.  That horse is long out of the barn.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #328 on: August 25, 2015, 03:32:55 PM »

That "real band" jargon is a crock, people are free to like or conversely not like the band but they absolutely do not get to determine what is and what is not GNR. I saw real GNR several times last year.

OK, so never leave this board.  Talk to the same 12 people.  And everything will be cream cheese. 

How do you know that nothing has been written or recorded in  "10 freakin' years" ?

I bugged the studio.  Its nothing but blank tape.

You crack me up, Emily.  You hang your hat on all this wonderous stuff being done in the past decade, all because it can't be disproven.  The fact it can't be proven either...that, somehow, does not matter.  At best, we are both flying blind. 

However....

Not one person that has been in this band supports any narrative that anything has new has been done since 2006.  Axl wrote and worked on the same number of songs with DJ & Ron as he did with you, me, and the man in the moon.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #329 on: August 25, 2015, 03:45:34 PM »

OK, so never leave this board.  Talk to the same 12 people.  And everything will be cream cheese. 

I bugged the studio.  Its nothing but blank tape.

You crack me up, Emily.  You hang your hat on all this wonderous stuff being done in the past decade, all because it can't be disproven.  The fact it can't be proven either...that, somehow, does not matter.  At best, we are both flying blind. 

However....

Not one person that has been in this band supports any narrative that anything has new has been done since 2006.  Axl wrote and worked on the same number of songs with DJ & Ron as he did with you, me, and the man in the moon.

It has already been mentioned that you are wrong in most of your opinions that you attempt to pass off as facts, so I'll refrain from believing your biased speil.

Show me quotes or proof where nothing new has been done since 2006, or is this simply another case where you are wrong?  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #330 on: August 25, 2015, 03:48:27 PM »

Sorry to burst your bubble. But you're wrong about that one.
Richard spoke about it in November last year. He mentioned working with Dj on stuff and that Axl was working on something as well.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #331 on: August 25, 2015, 04:08:37 PM »

Richard spoke about it in November last year. He mentioned working with Dj on stuff and that Axl was working on something as well.

I look forward to hearing it.  Shouldn't be long now.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #332 on: August 25, 2015, 04:25:02 PM »

I'll tell ya one thing... they ever make some kind of reunion announcement..

I'm taking that day off and just sitting online reading the forums all day long ha. Would be wild.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #333 on: August 25, 2015, 05:29:43 PM »

I'll tell ya one thing... they ever make some kind of reunion announcement..

I'm taking that day off and just sitting online reading the forums all day long ha. Would be wild.

It would be the wildest day since 10/31/96.

And I only had Jeff's mailing list then.

troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #334 on: August 25, 2015, 05:43:37 PM »

GN'R probably is one of the few bands out there who hasn't released any of those deluxe anniversary editions of their albums that nearly all other bands have.
Or remastered albums...

/jarmo

And it's KILLING me!  j/k, lol, but as a collector that would be grand and, of course, as a listener.  On the other hand I completely respect them for not doing that kind of thing.  Torn!

On topic w/ this thread, I suppose we may as well get the Superbowl 2016 halftime show rumors started?   Roll Eyes

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #335 on: August 25, 2015, 05:59:33 PM »

Or remastered albums...

/jarmo

And it's KILLING me!  j/k, lol, but as a collector that would be grand and, of course, as a listener.  On the other hand I completely respect them for not doing that kind of thing.  Torn!

On topic w/ this thread, I suppose we may as well get the Superbowl 2016 halftime show rumors started?   Roll Eyes

While it would need to be very quick turnaround, I would love to see them do the NFL Kickoff Thursday Night September 10th at Foxboro Stadium... of course that is solely because I have Patriots season tickets so I will be there. Of course over Tom Brady's career there is a nearly 50% chance the Patriots will be in the Super Bowl, but I don't see myself getting to Santa Clara CA for that game.
Route66
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #336 on: August 25, 2015, 06:26:34 PM »

I think the sheer fact this topic remains on here shows that something is happening behind the scenes for these reasons:

1. If it was not true they were talking again then Axl or TB would have shot down the rumor.
2. If there's a reunion of sorts in the works they are probably not ready to tell anyone.
3. In the past Axl or TB has not been shy to shutdown similar Slash rumors and there were rumors of a massive fall out in Vegas with Axl and TB. Is Axl doing what he likes right now and not listening to TB? I dunno..
4. No other GNR members current or old have commented. To me this is the biggest sign.. it's like people are keeping quiet as they stand to benefit handsomely if they do. People obviously have something to gain.
5. Dont forget Del wishing Slash a happy birthday.
6. Oh and Perla is gone.. rumored to have a bad relationship with Axl.
7. AND Duff is IMO obviously helping the situation.

There's a few others also but i cant think of them now.  peace ok

I see..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #337 on: August 25, 2015, 06:29:46 PM »

I look forward to hearing it.  Shouldn't be long now.

Aren't you the first to admit you were wrong?
Oh wait, that's what you say...... Do, don't say!  Smiley

Yeah, it's a double edged sword. It can sound better, but then some will be wondering why you need to fix something that they think is already perfect...
Personally my opinion is that it's up to the artist.

/jarmo

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #338 on: August 25, 2015, 06:46:30 PM »

But its patently obvious Axl did not have near the same fire to work with the DJ/Ron incarnation than he did the Bucket/Robin version of the band.

So maybe its like so many people have been saying.  If you aren't going to release anything new, and just continue to go out on stage and play 'You Could Be Mine' and 'Nightrain'...why not get the real band?

The real band is the one that everyone knows and considers Guns N' Roses.  Some incarnation of the personnel from 1987-1993.

If Axl was truly going to move forward, OK, go with a new band.  But if you haven't written or recorded anything new in 10 freakin' years, and your stage show is more and more older stuff, doesn't it make more sense to get the actual band that did all that stuff?

I'm obviously not opposed to a different line-up, or I would not still be here.  But I think its a fair question to ask him what his plan is at this point.

You would be in the absolute minority... telling the majority that they have no right to determine that the original band (or even the UYI line up) is the real GNR. It would be a huge percentage of fans you'd be arguing with.

jussayin
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #339 on: August 25, 2015, 06:54:32 PM »

You would be in the absolute minority... telling the majority that they have no right to determine that the original band (or even the UYI line up) is the real GNR. It would be a huge percentage of fans you'd be arguing with.

jussayin

A majority doesn't mean they are right, for instance- jesus had 12 followers and Hitler had millions.  Kiss

Jussayin

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: